• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
Aurora said:
It will soon be time to slaughter the fresh Christmas meat :)
Such a shame 1887 got nerfed before Christmas.

I'm one of these people and slaughter would be an understatment. :lol

oh and add me to the list of people who think that these maps are a massive step down from COD4's maps

Sielys

J-Rzez said:
What's with that weird pose? Just from spamming weapon switch while prone? So stupid, yet another glitch lol. Would probably catch me here and there though.

How is that even a glitch?

Meier

Cerrius said:
OMG I just discovered the joy of playing dead with cold blooded pro + ninja.

sooo much fun. People literally stare at your corpse and continue walking! :lol

here's a great montage showing how awesome playing dead can be:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7L4VyAiTc8w
Holy shit this is sick! Can't wait to do it when I get back. I miss MW2 like a fat kid misses cake! Can't play for like 4-5 more days too. :(

smik

Damn IW!

can we get some more map variety for 3rd person Team tactical it only plays 7 maps tops
usually these (Afgan,Estate,Favela,HighRise,Rust,Terminal and Sub Base)

Can we get these maps into rotation

Invasion
Karachi
Rundown
Skidrow
Underpass

(Quarry, Derail or Wastland seem to be big for only 4v4 battle)

5v5 would be a blast 4v4 seems to lack a little punch

X26

Banned
With this games awesome matchmaking...yea, there's going to be a tan of frustrated and discouraged new players today

TIME TO BUMP UP MAH STATZ!!!

I'd say whatever they did to fix the 1887's was a huge success. I've played maybe 6 hours worth of games after the patch and only been killed by 1887's about 3 times, and none of them felt cheap. Pretty good.

Tirade

placeholder
I was so excited to ruin noobs, unfortunately my first TDM match I was on a team of 3 kids levels 1-6 :lol :lol :lol They were all chatting about their Christmas haul. I thought it was kinda cute so I left it well enough alone and rode out the match. 4200 - 7500 oyyy!!

DMeisterJ

Banned
Gotta play soon... See if I can't pwn some nubz, I'm also finally going to try out using Cold-Blooded Pro, and definitely trying out the UMP45.

Smokey

Time to welcome the youngins to MW2..w/ a shot to the head:lol

My 360 RR on me last week so I've rented the game on PS3 Wed and have been playing quite a bit. I dunno if it's just coincidental or what, but there seems to be MUCH LESS boosting in FFA matches on the PS3 version. I've played around 10 hours of MP already on the PS3 and there are only 2 times I can remember somebody boosting in FFA and I play that playlist 98% of the time. There's also less 14 year olds screaming into their mics saying stupid shit.

For these reasons alone MW2 PS3 > MW2 360.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
I'll guess I'll have to prey on the fresh meat tomorrow...but it should be fantastic :lol

todahawk

FromTheFuture said:
Any decent/good players want to play on PS3? Friends haven't been on lately; I'm sick of all my random teammates going 2-20.

PSN ID: xlildragon

That's you on my friend list? I'm todahawk, I see you on all the time but with your score and k/d I was hesitant to send an invite. :lol

I have a solid + k/d though

gibration

FromTheFuture said:
So either my post got lost above that picture quote, so i'll ask again:

Anyone on PS3 wanna play? I'm pretty good (and i would prefer if you were too :D ).

PSN ID: xlildragon

...or no one wants to play with me :(
I'll add you. PSN ID: gibration
If anyone else wants to add me feel free to do so.

Meier said:
Holy shit this is sick! Can't wait to do it when I get back. I miss MW2 like a fat kid misses cake! Can't play for like 4-5 more days too. :(

Same here. I complain a ton but can't wait to get back in town on Sunday to get back at it.

greenjerk said:
That's you on my friend list? I'm todahawk, I see you on all the time but with your score and k/d I was hesitant to send an invite. :lol

I have a solid + k/d though
Nonsense! Feel free to ask for an invite/invite me whenever you'd like. Everyone is welcome into my group.

Also if whoever could add me, that would be great. I won't be home until late due to Christmas festivities and I might forget/be feeling lazy.

kitch9

Banned
TaKeRx said:
Is MW2 worth it? I have it for 360, but I recently built a PC + I got money from christmas, I want to try it out. Any opinions?
I own Ps3 and PC version. The PC version imo is the definitive version by a long shot...

Oh man, 4th prestige in a room full of Christmas noobs...games like 50-6, 47-3, etc. in TDM. This shit isn't fair, I'm gonna go back to reading my book. Hopefully in a week or so they might know enough to not get killed so much(or I'll be playing with some friends who will also get some kills). Don't get me wrong, I love absolutely destroying people, but sometimes it's just taking things to far.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
DOO13ER said:
Pfft, in 24 hours most of them will probably be on their second prestige run.

How the hell are people leveling up that fast? I thought you needed One Man Army and something else to do that 9mill or whatever EXP glitch?

DukeSucks

I feel a little bad for these new guys. I'm terrible at the game, yet I'm still coming in first place nearly every TDM game.

But I still enjoying killing them all

Sielys

I just love this fresh meat:lol
Woo, 6 predator missiles in a single game! Always seemed to die right after I launched one...

DMeisterJ

Banned
Pyke Presco said:
Oh man, 4th prestige in a room full of Christmas noobs...games like 50-6, 47-3, etc. in TDM. This shit isn't fair, I'm gonna go back to reading my book. Hopefully in a week or so they might know enough to not get killed so much(or I'll be playing with some friends who will also get some kills). Don't get me wrong, I love absolutely destroying people, but sometimes it's just taking things to far.
God :lol

I can't play til tomorrow night, hope they're not all good by then... I need to try out some new setups, and still maintaining a good k/d is hard enough as is without trying new shit.

Hopefully they are my guinea pigs :D

Pyke Presco said:

Sounds like Matchmaking is broken since if you've been playing for a while, you should not be paired up against new folks.

Minamu

Cerrius said:
OMG I just discovered the joy of playing dead with cold blooded pro + ninja.

sooo much fun. People literally stare at your corpse and continue walking! :lol

here's a great montage showing how awesome playing dead can be:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7L4VyAiTc8w
so basically, all you need to do is lie in prone & spam the Y/triangle button? Will have to try!

Worked 1 out of 2 tries. Pretty good considering I have no technique & a big ass stinger on my back.

Narag

OldJadedGamer said:
Sounds like Matchmaking is broken since if you've been playing for a while, you should not be paired up against new folks.

It was like this with CoD4 too. I assume its just the huge influx of new players leads to slots being filled immediately. It works itself out later on iirc.

I'm lovin' the fresh meat, just had two amazing games. One were I went 43 and 5, the other I went 33 and 0. It might be time for me to finally go nuke hunting.

OldJadedGamer said:
Matchmaking in CoD has always been broken, at least on 360. I can be in a party with three other players who have all prestige at least once, get matched against four guys below level forty, and when a ninth player shows up, second prestige, they'll be added to my team. It's the most nonsensical shit you've ever seen, and it happens consistently.

I don't mind it when I'm in a group though, because at least then I can still enjoy myself. But earlier I was playing solo and it just felt like I was crashing the party and generally making them all miserable, and I felt like a giant dick. Stopped after about four games because it just wasn't fun. Throw me in the same situation with a full party and I'll play for hours though.

The thing is that COD "matchmaking" is by no means actual match making by skill or anything. The matchmaking is more of a 'quick play' where it just groups people up based on connection and who is available.

Had a free for all where I was 13-0 got a server timed out message. Got sent back to the lobby, got reconnected to the same game immediately with a score of 0-0. Thanks IW, this is the like the 8th times this has happened and every time I was doing well.

todahawk

FromTheFuture said:
Nonsense! Feel free to ask for an invite/invite me whenever you'd like. Everyone is welcome into my group.
Cool, I'll be looking for ya.

So close to my first nuke!

Started mid-match on Scrapyard DOM and next thing I knew I had my chopper gunner and started hammering away at the other team... and the game ended. I was 24-0 and got the win but.... :(

Next map was Sub Base. A little more slowly than last time but I still got my CG. I go in that little room by C and was so geeked I didn't think much about one my team-mates lying on the ground with his own little laptop. I figured he had a predator or something. I launch my CG and then it hits me, my team-mate just started his own C-130 run. SONOFA.... I still shot like crazy and thought I registered a bunch of kills but came out of it a with only 3. So pissed.

Walshicus

Got this for Xmas today. Have to say I'm unconvinced that a
thermonuclear detonation in the upper atmosphere would have destroyed the ISS at the distance shown.
What's causing the damage? There shouldn't be enough material in the warhead to do that, surely?

Other than that, fun ride I guess. Might give multiplayer a go tomorrow if I can be bothered.

S1lent

FromTheFuture said:
The thing is that COD "matchmaking" is by no means actual match making by skill or anything. The matchmaking is more of a 'quick play' where it just groups people up based on connection and who is available.

Does anyone know for sure how it works? I've heard other poeple on here say that it tries to match you based on 'true skill' or whatever...

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
S1lent said:
Does anyone know for sure how it works? I've heard other poeple on here say that it tries to match you based on 'true skill' or whatever...

The IW guys have explained this over and over again.

The "true skill" rating for MW2 is hidden, just like CoD4.

Minamu

JustHadToJoin said:
about to play online for the first time ever. Any suggestions on what to play first & what to expect?
There's only a handful of modes to choose from when you start off, unless you are invited to something else by a friend. You unlock access to new playmodes as you gain levels (only necessary to know if you wanna play alone/host a game). It's pretty much the same thing as cod4 imho, if you've played that.

Top Bottom