• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

codecow

industrian said:
Korean flag - identifies my location.

25j8hap.jpg
- Because I like it and rarely see it.

I use the ear necklace as well. First off, you need to do something bad ass (kill the entire other team without dying); and secondly it just looks cool.

moai said:
maybe it's luck but all the idiots runing around with 1887 go negative or barely keep a ratio of 1 in the games i've been playing. i don't think they are such a big deal. i play ground war only and they get shot down quickly, mostly getting 1-2 kills at most.
of course it pisses you off when you are the one being killed, but i don't think they dominate.

Lol, what? 1-2 kills? Babies sucking on the right trigger could get more kills with the 1887s.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
God damn does my ratio improve so much when I'm playing with my friends. In games by myself I'll usually go 2:1 or 1.5:1...in games when I'm playing with my friends I regularly go 5:1 to 4:1.

I don't know if it's because we're all talking to each other "hey watch out behind you", "dude around the corner at A", "guy up in the blue pillbox", etc etc...or if we coordinate our positions much more...but it seems like I'm constantly dominating fools when I play with my friends.

Worked my K/D ratio up to a 1.24 and my accuracy is slowly creeping up to 20%. So freaking annoying how long it takes for me to affect my stats since there is so much data in place. Probably half of my kills and deaths were when I was still learning the game's pacing and went 1:1 almost all the time and was much more erratic.

ACR w/Silencer is my baby. Super tight stream of bullets and the iron sights are to die for.

...and I've decided I'm not going to prestige again until I unlock every ACR specific title you possibly can. Right now I'm rolling with the golden prestige title "The Silent" and the iron cross ACR emblem you get for prestiging and killing tons of fools with it (I think that's how?). The gun is a headshot king because in most maps where there is a good sniping spot, all you can see is their head and the ACR is magnificent at lasering bullets in a straight ass line, you can pretty much hold the trigger and dump a ton of bullets into them.

The gun is absolutely pathetic through walls, though, especially with a silencer on it. It took almost an entire clip to kill a guy through a wall once. I hope to God it's because I was only hitting his leg or something :lol

gibonez

Banned
They should remove Ac130s and Chopper gunners from the emergency airdrops.

:/ leaving the game up to chance is counter productive to competition.

RubxQub

gibonez said:

I love emergency airdrops!

You see the plane come in on your radar and you zip over to where they are going to be dropping all the goodies and clean house...then on top of the killstreaks you just earned for housing fools, you get to pick up all the ones they left behind for you! :lol

The risk/reward factor with emergency airdrop makes it a fun killstreak. I used it for a day or two and enjoyed it, but ultimately didn't like how unpredictable and risky it was.

unomas said:
Much respect, I just started getting into spec ops and I'm at 18 stars on Vet, and some of those missions have been pretty tough even for being early on. Granted, I was playing with a complete stranger that had no mic, but the guy was good regardless of having a mic or not. Hopefully I'll get all the stars done, but some of those missions are brutal.
How are you playing with randoms on Spec Ops? I only have the option to invite people from my friends list and nothing else.

RubxQub

Hmm...

Does Sitrep Pro make people with Ninja Pro sound louder as well? Very cool if so.

aku:jiki

RubxQub said:
ACR w/Silencer is my baby. Super tight stream of bullets and the iron sights are to die for.
Isn't that an odd combo for the ACR? Remove the silencer and put on Stopping Power and watch your ratio fly up to 10:1!

RubxQub said:
Does Sitrep Pro make people with Ninja Pro sound louder as well? Very cool if so.
Yes.

Siterep Pro does not cancel out Ninja Pro.
In my experience it does, but there's also like a glitch or something with the footsteps. Sometimes a guy runs up on you and knives you and all you heard were the last 2 footsteps, and in the killcam he's using marathon/lightweight/commando...no Ninja. I guess he runs so fast that his footsteps lag out?

RubxQub said:
The risk/reward factor with emergency airdrop makes it a fun killstreak. I used it for a day or two and enjoyed it, but ultimately didn't like how unpredictable and risky it was.
I think the problem is that it's way too easy to get 3 UAV's and 1 counter-UAV, and 3 of those are gonna land outside the level or on top of something even if you toss the beacon in a very open spot. :mad:

Did anyone else notice that the Ranger is now the shotgun of choice? M1014 is getting more use now too, saw a dude rocking the 1887 playstyle with a M1014 earlier (and he was doing well for himself). Hopefully it'll take a while for the community to hear about the Bling issue.

Edit: How do people have these glitchy names on 360 btw? It's really rare, but sometimes a dude shows up with a name using the button symbols and stuff. Like one guy today had (B)(A)(B)(Y)FUCKME(LS)(RS). :lol

RubxQub

aku:jiki said:
Isn't that an odd combo for the ACR? Remove the silencer and put on Stopping Power and watch your ratio fly up to 10:1!
My playstyle is all about sneaking around and being unexpected. I've killed groups of people in an area easily, only because none of them knew where I was due to the silencer.

It's too important to me that the enemy never knows where I am to take off the silencer. I was rolling without one for awhile and liked the increased damage, but it was too hard to sustain killstreaks because I was constantly revealing myself on the map for people to hunt me.

I tend to roam around the map carefully and go directions that I think will get me behind the enemy, and if my shots make me show up on the radar the enemy team knows to turn around and focus behind them, killing my entire surprise attack.

In regards to Emergency Airdrops, I think they're still fine. It's an 8 killstreak reward, which really isn't that hard to get. And that you could potentially get multiple insane killstreaks by only achieving an 8 killstreak means IW needs to make it fairly random and hard to do.

It's worth it to place the marker properly, because assuming you can get all the crates to land in the field in a safe place, you're could potentially rack up millions...nay, trillions...of kills.

Also this! ACR with Stopping Power feels so overpowered, I'm afraid that they might nerf my favorite gun too! It's so steady over ridiculous distances too, just find a guy and hold the trigger and you can spray him dead from clear across the valley in Afghan if you like. :lol

Just tried this and I felt like a T-800. This thing is ridiculous on Terminal. Thank you GAF. Just out of interest, should I equip it with a Red Dot or use the Iron sights?

RubxQub said:
My playstyle is all about sneaking around and being unexpected. I've killed groups of people in an area easily, only because none of them knew where I was due to the silencer.

It's too important to me that the enemy never knows where I am to take off the silencer. I was rolling without one for awhile and liked the increased damage, but it was too hard to sustain killstreaks because I was constantly revealing myself on the map for people to hunt me.

I tend to roam around the map carefully and go directions that I think will get me behind the enemy, and if my shots make me show up on the radar the enemy team knows to turn around and focus behind them, killing my entire surprise attack.

This is what I do. I haven't been able to give up my silencer because of it. I always end up in situations where I sneak into a Full House of enemies on Estate. I need to be able to maximize that situation, when you are dead instantly if you fire.

I change up my playstyle once a UAV is in the air, but I don't like playing like that the whole match.

aku:jiki

Meus Renaissance said:
Just tried this and I felt like a T-800. This thing is ridiculous on Terminal. Thank you GAF. Just out of interest, should I equip it with a Red Dot or use the Iron sights?
If you're good with iron sights, you don't really need the red dot... But it really helps with the cheap snipe shots I pull with the ACR. :D

RubxQub said:
I definitely hear you, as I play a sort of combo Rambo/stealth playstyle (I'll sneak until I get bored and then I'll run up on fools). In my experience, most people are so crap at checking for close enemies that it doesn't really matter. Then again, you probably streak longer than me if you keep the stealth up at all times. :lol

RubxQub said:
In regards to Emergency Airdrops, I think they're still fine. It's an 8 killstreak reward, which really isn't that hard to get. And that you could potentially get multiple insane killstreaks by only achieving an 8 killstreak means IW needs to make it fairly random and hard to do.
Care package rewards never add to your killstreak, so that's not much of an issue.

mr_boo

Also this! ACR with Stopping Power feels so overpowered, I'm afraid that they might nerf my favorite gun too! It's so steady over ridiculous distances too, just find a guy and hold the trigger and you can spray him dead from clear across the valley in Afghan if you like. :lol
Yeah, when I'm getting consistently taken out by guys like you (ACR + Stopping Power) that's when I switch to M16 and Stopping Power build ^_^ I currently don't have anything unlocked for ACR - just too lazy.

gibonez said:

I actually think the Care Package coupled with Hardline is way too effective. Netting 3 kills in a row is pretty much trivial - you do that 3-5 times in one match, you're bound to get something good (i.e., AC130 or Chopper Gunner). And all the while, you're gaining other killstreaks as well. One match, I had two Sentry Guns (one from Care Package Killstreak, one from Sentry Gun Killstreak) perpendicular to each other, thus covering two lanes.

codecow

Meus Renaissance said:

Yes, this gun owns. Personally I think the iron sights on this gun are really good, so feel free to use sights as unlocks and then stick on the FMJ!

RubxQub

Care package rewards never add to your killstreak, so that's not much of an issue.
Oh I know, I just meant that since you only need 8 kills to get the EA, and you can 11 to 15 killstreak items within it, they need to make it a risky reward thing otherwise it'd be so broken.

Who needs a higher killstreak if you can get multiple high level ones?!

EA is great as it is, methinks.

God dammit, does it piss any one off where you fire off a grenade from the grenade launcher attachment, and it DOESN'T explode on contact but "bounces" of the wall, and the enemy kills you before you can switch to your regular gun?

TacticalFox88 said:
God dammit, does it piss any one off where you fire off a grenade from the grenade launcher attachment, and it DOESN'T explode on contact but "bounces" of the wall, and the enemy kills you before you can switch to your regular gun?
The grenade launcher shouldn't be in the game at all.

Instead of decreasing range of those shotguns could they not like, you know, lower damage done over range like most game based shotguns work? sprinkle the foe with 10 damage at max range and only make them 1 hit beasts when face to face or something. Seems much more legit then magical bullets which stop via the matrix after 20 foot when akimbo.

No idea if I am getting this game for crimbo tomrrow but if I do, i'll play it just to have a laugh online or piss off glitchers with a real mans gun, a betetta or desert eagle :p

As for the grenade noob tube, it should be ignored from that class which gives back ammo when switching. Might suck at first but it should stop all the spammers a fair bit. In video's I seen though it's very OP'd

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
So I noticed this today...

34r80o3.jpg

Match didn't seemed hacked or any different. I guess someone just found some tags in the naming syntax or something...

j-wood

So last night, I decide to pay sabotage. I start on my Ninja class (marathon pro, lightweight pro, ninja pro) with a mini uzi.

I sprint, pick up the bomb, plant it, defend it, and single handly win the match in less than 3 minutes.

I was then chewed out by everyone for planting the bomb. Even people on my team. I told them if they wanted to play deathmatch, go play deathmatch.

One guy responded, they give us 20 minutes for a reason. I said yeah, to get the bomb planted.

Then every single person left the lobby.

Am I doing something wrong here? :lol

UFRA

j-wood said:
So last night, I decide to pay sabotage. I start on my Ninja class (marathon pro, lightweight pro, ninja pro) with a mini uzi.

I sprint, pick up the bomb, plant it, defend it, and single handly win the match in less than 3 minutes.

I was then chewed out by everyone for planting the bomb. Even people on my team. I told them if they wanted to play deathmatch, go play deathmatch.

One guy responded, they give us 20 minutes for a reason. I said yeah, to get the bomb planted.

Then every single person left the lobby.

Am I doing something wrong here? :lol

No, keep up the good work.

I hate it when people want to manipulate the game by turning everything into TDM...F them and play it properly.

UFRA said:
No, keep up the good work.

I hate it when people want to manipulate the game by turning everything into TDM...F them and play it properly.
I hate it and also love it, playing a payload map in TF2 earlier and people end up camping or killing more then actually moving the bomb towards a check point, idiots.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
TacticalFox88 said:
A great deal, I always imagine they're easy to use being called noobtubes, buy I almost always scree ip when I use them. They miss or bounce off the damn floor, sucks! I can't even get 20 kills with them for the scar-h. Makes me feel bad that I can't do the noob move!

Nizz

Lunchbox said:
i use this as a callsign

vcl52.jpg

dont think im ever going to change it, it looks so awesome when i get the last kill and Heartbreaker pops up :lol

btw, http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Callsigns has all the callsigns and how to get them if anybody was wondering
Thanks for that link! Gonna come in useful. I'm currently using this callsign...

TheHarderTheyFall.jpg

This with the stopping power pro perk symbol as an emblem.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Bling 1887's are fine as they are. Fuck the haters (says a person that uses normal 1887 Akimbo when picked up just damn fine in maps).

Bling UMP Akimbo is just as crazy.

BruceLeeRoy said:
Does steady aim only apply to shooting from the hip or does it work when your using your sights? Does it work with sniper rifles?
When you get "Steady Aim Pro" it will work aiming down the sights of scopes. Iron sights it won't work.

TacticalFox88 said:
When you get "Steady Aim Pro" it will work aiming down the sights of scopes. Iron sights it won't work.

Awesome thanks for the clarification guys. Do you think its worth using on a sniper rifle or the M16/ACR?

BruceLeeRoy said:
Awesome thanks for the clarification guys. Do you think its worth using on a sniper rifle or the M16/ACR?
Scopes aren't worth it on Assault rifles, unless it's the ACOG. Otherwise just stick scopes on Sniper rifles as you lose too much POV when using a scope on a AR.

DMeisterJ

Banned
ACR is a lovely gun, but the power of the AK47 makes it hard for me to go back to the ACR. I do miss the absent recoil and streak of bullets though...

TacticalFox88 said:
Scopes aren't worth it on Assault rifles, unless it's the ACOG. Otherwise just stick scopes on Sniper rifles as you lose too much POV when using a scope on a AR.

That's a great point man. Ill do that. In your opinion whats the best sniper rifle?

BruceLeeRoy said:
That's a great point man. Ill do that. In your opinion whats the best sniper rifle?
Me personally, I like the M21 EBR. It's semi-automatic, so if you miss you can quickly adjust and fire again. Or if you like just spam R1 till you get a kill. Either way it works. Once you start unlocking the Heartbeat Sensor and the Thermal for the gun, it's absolutely deadly, and if you're smart, the other team won't even able to get NEAR you, let alone touch you. While the WA2000 is the most powerful in terms of damage, getting it's unlocks is a chore because the gun (IMO) is ugly to look at, and I don't feel like wasting my time with a gun I don't really like. But if it's damage you're looking for and you can stand to look at a ugly gun (Again IMO) then go for the WA2000 when you unlock it. Otherwise the EBR is your friend.

jedimike

BruceLeeRoy said:
I have been using Barrett .50 cal since I got it. Is there a better sniper rifle?

IMO, the .50 cal is the best. It is the only sniper rifle that I can rely on to get one shot kills. On wasteland, I roll with the .50 cal and the PP2000 as my second. I usually don't end up winning the round, but my K/D is amazing. I was playing last night and was ready to quit when wasteland showed up in the rotation... I figured, WTH, I'll play it and went 20-2.

I haven't seen a lot of love in this thread for the PP2000, but it is by far, my favorite secondary. It owns in the 10'-50' range.

jedimike

DMeisterJ said:
ACR is a lovely gun, but the power of the AK47 makes it hard for me to go back to the ACR. I do miss the absent recoil and streak of bullets though...

I thought I really liked the AK and even avoided prestiging so I could keep it, but once I got kicked back to level 1, I realized that the AK isn't all that great. The FAMAS is my weapon of choice.

ZeroRay

jedimike said:
I haven't seen a lot of love in this thread for the PP2000, but it is by far, my favorite secondary. It owns in the 10'-50' range.

The PP2000 is a beast, it tears apart everyone at close range and I once got a longshot kill with it using the iron sights.

Top Bottom