• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

MMaRsu

Fucking hell the singleplayer in this game sucks so fucking hard. You get shot from fucking I dont know where, and you cant see shit because of the fake ass blood effect which makes no sense anyway. FUCKKKKKKKKKKK this game frustrates me to no end. And it's not like I'm bad a this kind of games either.. there's hardly any skill involved. Its more like a glorified shooting gallery.

Mileena

Banned
MMaRsu said:
Fucking hell the singleplayer in this game sucks so fucking hard. You get shot from fucking I dont know where, and you cant see shit because of the fake ass blood effect which makes no sense anyway. FUCKKKKKKKKKKK this game frustrates me to no end. And it's not like I'm bad a this kind of games either.. there's hardly any skill involved. Its more like a glorified shooting gallery.
kermirxmas.gif

it helps, trust me broski

mYm|17|

MMaRsu said:

for me, veteran on MW2 was WAYYYYY easier than veteran on COD4

MMaRsu

corkscrewblow said:
kermirxmas.gif

it helps, trust me broski

I quit smoking! Can you believe that crazy shit? Aside from that, Im on vacation :lol the rest of the family wanted to watch some romantic bullshit on tv ( all you need is love christmas special BLERGH ) so I thought hey I'll just play some CoD, but hey all that did was frustrate me. Then you have that bullshit with Price killing you, which makes no sense either ( like any part of the story made any sense hahahah ).. Im like wuuuuuuuuuuut

Dennis

Banned
MMaRsu said:
No, only a few sections were frustrating. The rest were a fucking solid SP campaign - 8.5/10

Sure, it is a linear type shooter - but you must have known this.

The trick is to just enjoy the ride :lol

Karrl1z4j2

Neo Member
The singal player game is great and the multiplayer is ok, but one thing MW2 has made me realize is how well balanced Halo 3 is.

Even if you don't like Halo 3 you can't possibly say there is anything like the 1887's in that game.

Odrion

Banned
Stealth build with the UMP is the best. Hands down. No argument. I've been getting 10+ killstreaks like nothing. 35 damage per bullet? (So stopping power is near irrelevant?) Effective mobility? (So satisfying to be able to sidestep fire while looking down sights.) Good hip-firing ability? Hell yes! Been snagging +10 killstreaks like nothing.

Lunchbox said:
i use this as a callsign

vcl52.jpg

dont think im ever going to change it, it looks so awesome when i get the last kill and Heartbreaker pops up :lol

btw, http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Callsigns has all the callsigns and how to get them if anybody was wondering
I use this:

4smp6o.jpg
2h68uwp.jpg

With the [luv] clan tag.

aku:jiki

Survivor.jpg

Got this bad boy today, so I'm using it now. :D

It's actually not that special, but the situation doesn't really arise very often... You need to be completely out of ammo and then stab someone. I was cornered by the escalators in Terminal with no ammo left and a guy camping the ledge above. Luckily, my team decided to storm the escalators so I snuck behind one dude and let him be my human shield while I ran like an idiot to get to stab someone and managed to get one before being obliterated by the other 4. My method didn't really fit the title... :lol :lol

tedtropy said:
So I noticed this today...

Match didn't seemed hacked or any different. I guess someone just found some tags in the naming syntax or something...
I'm pretty sure I'm in the other team in this screenshot! :lol I was in a Domination match with FUCKME(LS)(RS) for a good while today. :lol

Nelo Ice

Banned
aku:jiki said:
Survivor.jpg

Got this bad boy today, so I'm using it now. :D

It's actually not that special, but the situation doesn't really arise very often... You need to be completely out of ammo and then stab someone. I was cornered by the escalators in Terminal with no ammo left and a guy camping the ledge above. Luckily, my team decided to storm the escalators so I snuck behind one dude and let him be my human shield while I ran like an idiot to get to stab someone and managed to get one before being obliterated by the other 4. My method didn't really fit the title... :lol :lol

I'm pretty sure I'm in the other team in this screenshot! :lol I was in a Domination match with FUCKME(LS)(RS) for a good while today. :lol

i got survivor by purposely shooting all my ammo and stabbing the next person that came by :lol

Mileena

Banned
MMaRsu said:
I quit smoking! Can you believe that crazy shit? Aside from that, Im on vacation :lol the rest of the family wanted to watch some romantic bullshit on tv ( all you need is love christmas special BLERGH ) so I thought hey I'll just play some CoD, but hey all that did was frustrate me. Then you have that bullshit with Price killing you, which makes no sense either ( like any part of the story made any sense hahahah ).. Im like wuuuuuuuuuuut
:(

I don't smoke often but playing the multiplayer stoned I was so much less angry about all the bullshit. Getting commando'd, 1887'd and killed by campers couldn't even bring my high down. It was lovely.

TacticalFox88 said:
Scopes aren't worth it on Assault rifles, unless it's the ACOG. Otherwise just stick scopes on Sniper rifles as you lose too much POV when using a scope on a AR.
I don't agree with this at all. While scopes might take up a good amount of the screen on ARs they're way easier to aim (especially with the Red Dot) than the iron sight. Personally, I play way better when I'm using a scope as opposed to when I'm iron sighting.

Yeef

backflip10019 said:
I don't agree with this at all. While scopes might take up a good amount of the screen on ARs they're way easier to aim (especially with the Red Dot) than the iron sight. Personally, I play way better when I'm using a scope as opposed to when I'm iron sighting.
Most of the Rifles in this game have fine iron sights. The thermal scope is useful on just about everything, but other than that I don't really see too much need for alternate sights. They're all fine, but it just feels like a waste of an attachment to me.

gibonez

Banned
Yea most of the iron sights in the game have been tweaked to make it easier for the user to aim. Just look at the famas those are just absolutely fake sights, they added rail flip sights on top of the standard sight. Look at the m16 they lifted the rear sight above the carrying handle to give the player a less obstructed view. The Fn Scar is one of the weapons that is most blatantly altered, the top potion of the rear sight is completely missing.

Minamu

Any tips on how to level up SitRep to lvl 6? :'( I thought Cold-Blooded was gonna be a pain but destroy 750 enemy explosives? o_O That's almost on par with Lightweight lvl 6... Challenge is too challenging >_<

I got my 500 kills with Danger Close today :lol I hate the noob tube as much as anyone but damn, it sure is fun blowing people up :lol Will never touch danger close again though.

Nizz

corkscrewblow said:
:(

I don't smoke often but playing the multiplayer stoned I was so much less angry about all the bullshit. Getting commando'd, 1887'd and killed by campers couldn't even bring my high down. It was lovely.
Sounds like I should play like this....

Karrl1z4j2 said:
The singal player game is great and the multiplayer is ok, but one thing MW2 has made me realize is how well balanced Halo 3 is.

Even if you don't like Halo 3 you can't possibly say there is anything like the 1887's in that game.

Halo 3 had a beta.

cameltoe

DennisK4 said:
No, only a few sections were frustrating. The rest were a fucking solid SP campaign - 8.5/10

Sure, it is a linear type shooter - but you must have known this.

The trick is to just enjoy the ride :lol

wow the pc version looks great!

The Felo

Neo Member
I had never in my life broken a controller in frustration. Akimbo 1887s, laggy ass games and a Server Error during my best match ever (was 30-1 and counting when the game disconnected) did the trick.

Gotta admit, I felt pretty stupid afterwards. I think I'm done with this game :lol

Mileena

Banned
The Felo said:
I had never in my life broken a controller in frustration. Akimbo 1887s, laggy ass games and a Server Error during my best match ever (was 30-1 and counting when the game disconnected) did the trick.

Gotta admit, I felt pretty stupid afterwards. I think I'm done with this game :lol
well I got disconnected while I was 75-6 in hardcore HQ during my chopper gunner and I already had a nuke waiting...

I didn't break my controller but I've never gotten that mad at just about anything in my life.

Linkhero1

Cerrius said:
OMG I just discovered the joy of playing dead with cold blooded pro + ninja.

sooo much fun. People literally stare at your corpse and continue walking! :lol

here's a great montage showing how awesome playing dead can be:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7L4VyAiTc8w
That's how I die most of the time. I walk by what I presume to be a dead corpse and as soon as I pass by I die. I make sure to put a few bullets in almost all the bodies I see lying on the ground :lol

Edit: That video is awesome.

So either my post got lost above that picture quote, so i'll ask again:

Anyone on PS3 wanna play? I'm pretty good (and i would prefer if you were too :D ).

PSN ID: xlildragon

...or no one wants to play with me :(

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Anyone else use thermal scopes? I tried them recently and they are amazingly fun and useful. Toss a smoke and pick off enemies who think it's safe. I see enemies I would have never seen otherwise.

Thermal Scope + M16 = Awesome

TaKeRx

Is MW2 worth it? I have it for 360, but I recently built a PC + I got money from christmas, I want to try it out. Any opinions?

J-Rzez

Cerrius said:

What's with that weird pose? Just from spamming weapon switch while prone? So stupid, yet another glitch lol. Would probably catch me here and there though.

Guess tomorrow is "beat on a xmas-noob day".

Yeef

FromTheFuture said:
So either my post got lost above that picture quote, so i'll ask again:

Anyone on PS3 wanna play? I'm pretty good (and i would prefer if you were too :D ).

PSN ID: xlildragon

...or no one wants to play with me :(
I'm going through Spec Ops right now. I probably won't be playing too much multiplayer this weekend, but add me and if we ever cross paths we can party. My PSN is the same as my GAF name.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Cerrius said:

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn. I gotta try this out sometime.

kuYuri

TaKeRx said:
Is MW2 worth it? I have it for 360, but I recently built a PC + I got money from christmas, I want to try it out. Any opinions?

MW2 PC is basically a prettied up version of the console versions. You're getting pretty much an identical experience, except instead of Xbox Live, Steam features are used for the PC version.

Culinary

Anyone know if the Care Package glitch is actually a glitch or not (where you run twice as fast with a care package marker)? This has been getting on my nerves alot lately. Combined with the typical knife build it can be maddening. Any plans for a fix or working as intended?

Culinary said:
Anyone know if the Care Package glitch is actually a glitch or not (where you run twice as fast with a care package marker)? This has been getting on my nerves alot lately. Combined with the typical knife build it can be maddening. Any plans for a fix or working as intended?

It's not a glitch, it's built into the game.

gibonez

Banned
Graf Nudu said:
Why is everybody and his mom still running around with Akimbo 1887's? IT DIDN'T CHANGE AT ALL!!!!11

:((((((((((((((((((((((((((

Yea , they need to nerf them alot more, reduce their range by half when equiped with akimbo, keep the regular range when its only a single 1887, it would make sense too since the akimbo 1887s have shorter barrels.

TaKeRx

Strider2K99 said:
MW2 PC is basically a prettied up version of the console versions. You're getting pretty much an identical experience, except instead of Xbox Live, Steam features are used for the PC version.
Thank you very much. I opted not to anyways.

Top Bottom