• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

kamspy

The only satisfaction I can get out of it anymore is running around the roofs of Favela like a maniac trying to freak out the akimbo kids. k/d be damned! I can top my games leaderboard in HQ going 16/46 with a bunch of caps. But I'm usually the only one trying to capture or destroy so...

Nizz

F#A#Oo said:
People are rage quitting...cussing me out...calling me noob...

This ofcourse just makes me want to play with it more...:lol
:lol That reminds me of the other night. I was playing TDM on Favela. Had my running class equipped: UMP with Holo sight, Magnum with Tactical knife, Marathon Pro, Lightweight Pro, Commando Pro.

I just kept running around the map stabbing people. At one point I tossed a stun grenade at 4 people and ran up to and stabbed each and every one of em. I could have just imagined their faces watching the kill cam. They were probably grinding their teeth. :D

DMeisterJ

Banned
Just killed someone and then they respawned ten feet away with me in their sights... Press R1, and voilà! They end my nine streak with no killstreaks activated! No 8-bit price for me! Bah!

And what pisses me off more (my fault) I had a 16 streak with guns but I forgot to take off my killstreak rewards... lol.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
what sensitivity do you guys use? I don't understand how some people can aim so goddamn fast with a fucking thumbstick. pisses me off! watching the kill cams and its just insane, the guy flicked across his screen from one head to another as if he had aim assist on and just flicked left or right to change targets. Hell he was probably even faster than that. We were both behind cover on separate rooftops as well.

I can't wait until alternative control methods can be developed for FPS games that actually work and feel like shooting a gun because that I can do. Moving a little stick around with pinpoint accuracy is too damn difficult.

I hate all you people who are too damn good at this game!

Microsoft, stop matching me with these monsters ffs!

Cerrius said:
I think so. The Pave Low kills counted towards my killstreak.

Really? I want the MW2 Mythbusters to look at this one...if this is true, then getting an EMP just got a lot easier IMO.

LeMaximilian said:
The craziest part is, the vast majority of players I've spoken too about this completely agree. Is it just the new respawn system? Has this happened to anyone else?

I assume you mostly play TDM? I usually play Domination, and the spawns in that game seem pretty reasonable to me.

nilbog21

Banned
Hey, does anyone want to play spec ops with me? I need to unlock the 2nd set of maps so I can play them with my friend and get achievements. . please add me on STEAM: Refresh21 (Central USA)

Nizz

kaizoku said:
what sensitivity do you guys use? I don't understand how some people can aim so goddamn fast with a fucking thumbstick. pisses me off! watching the kill cams and its just insane, the guy flicked across his screen from one head to another as if he had aim assist on and just flicked left or right to change targets. Hell he was probably even faster than that. We were both behind cover on separate rooftops as well.

I can't wait until alternative control methods can be developed for FPS games that actually work and feel like shooting a gun because that I can do. Moving a little stick around with pinpoint accuracy is too damn difficult.

I hate all you people who are too damn good at this game!

Microsoft, stop matching me with these monsters ffs!
I'm playing at 3 sensitivity right now, on PS3.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
divisionbyzorro said:
Really? I want the MW2 Mythbusters to look at this one...if this is true, then getting an EMP just got a lot easier IMO.

It worked when I tried Pave Low --> Chopper Gunner -- Nuke but earlier today I tried a Harrier, Pave Low, Chopper Gunner streak and the Pave Low kills didn't count.

So I think it's still bugged actually.

Ecto311

kaizoku said:
what sensitivity do you guys use? I don't understand how some people can aim so goddamn fast with a fucking thumbstick.

A lot of it isn't the aim speed but the fact the reticule will stick to someone if you tap the aim (left trigger on 360) button. Same way you get through Favela on Vet difficulty. You move slow use over and tap aim a shit ton. It snaps to the enemy. It also helps to have a decent weapon that does quick damage, or lightweight, marathon and run around knifing people before they can aim at you.

NYR

XxBigP123xX said:
Just got the 1887's again and wow, they really did nerf it. Like to the point of being useless, even with FMJ.
Disagree.

Range is fixed but if you can see the guys face you are about to shoot he is going down 99% of the time.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Ecto311 said:
A lot of it isn't the aim speed but the fact the reticule will stick to someone if you tap the aim (left trigger on 360) button. Same way you get through Favela on Vet difficulty. You move slow use over and tap aim a shit ton. It snaps to the enemy. It also helps to have a decent weapon that does quick damage, or lightweight, marathon and run around knifing people before they can aim at you.

thought this was disabled for multiplayer? either that or I did wrong when I tried.

another guy I saw was running around with a snipe and no-scoping everyone at close/medium range. was that just pure skill or did he have some tape stuck to his screen as a makeshift reticule? or was it aim assist

wow you guys turn sensitivity down? interesting.

Minamu

kamikazemartian said:
I don't understand it... it's like they accidentally switched the challenges for Commando and Sit Rep or something. 100 Knife kills? Like and hour of playing. 750 explosive devices? Lolololol.
I know, right? >_< To add insult to injury, I saved SitRep for last, thinking it was gonna be easy. That's right, I've maxed every single Perk Challenge up to lvl 6 except this one. Argh! :lol I'm not sure when exactly you get the perk but I'm at lvl 69 now & I just reached 400+ explosives destroyed. Won't be entering prestige again any time soon :(

Nizz

kaizoku said:
thought this was disabled for multiplayer? either that or I did wrong when I tried.

another guy I saw was running around with a snipe and no-scoping everyone at close/medium range. was that just pure skill or did he have some tape stuck to his screen as a makeshift reticule? or was it aim assist

wow you guys turn sensitivity down? interesting.
Not really. The default sensitivity is 2 (medium). F#A#Oo plays at 4, which is high. I play at 3, just between medium and high. As far as I know, everyone has aim assist enabled in multiplayer from the start. That in addition to the sort of aim snap helps in pulling off some nice shots.

Not saying that the game aims for you, you still have to point and shoot. But the aim assist is generous. ;)

RAAAAAGGGGEEEE

Can we get a damn 5 second countdown after a killcam or something, what the HELL man. I'm so sick of people I just killed spawning 10 feet away from me 2 seconds after I've killed them, and they know exactly where I am. Half of the time I just skip the killcams because I know I'll be spawning within 20 feet of the guy that just put me down. RIDICULOUS

Everdred

Net_Wrecker said:
RAAAAAGGGGEEEE

Can we get a damn 5 second countdown after a killcam or something, what the HELL man. I'm so sick of people I just killed spawning 10 feet away from me 2 seconds after I've killed them, and they know exactly where I am. Half of the time I just skip the killcams because I know I'll be spawning within 20 feet of the guy that just put me down. RIDICULOUS
I NEVER watch killcams. I want to be right back in the action.

Net_Wrecker said:
RAAAAAGGGGEEEE

Even worse is when they have painkiller.

Everdred said:
I NEVER watch killcams. I want to be right back in the action.

Yeah, who doesn't, but cotdamn if this game doesn't REALLY put you right back in the action. People respawning should NOT be 10 feet from where they just died. Seriously, what type of gameplay design is that? I've gotten so many payback kills because I'm essentially spawning right around the corner from the same person that killed me a half a second earlier. That's stupid as hell.

codecow

kaizoku said:

I am playing using 7 now using the FPS Freeks extender on the r-stick only, and yes it makes a big difference.

Since I bought the FPS Freeks thing and changed sensitivity my KDR has gone from 0.53 to 0.90.

codecow said:
I am playing using 7 now using the FPS Freeks extender on the r-stick only, and yes it makes a big difference.

Since I bought the FPS Freeks thing and changed sensitivity my KDR has gone from 0.53 to 0.90.

7 is my default sensitivity for CoD games, it just feels right. I can flick around corners, spin like a madman to get the knife, and I can always get the reticule where I want it, when I want it. But everybody who picks up the controller after I've been playing (if I hotswap with my friends) cranks it all the way down to 3, which feels absolutely sluggish to me. This game is too twitch, you need that high sensitivity. (360 pad)

CheapChampagne

Neo Member
_Alkaline_ said:
Even worse is when they have painkiller.

Oh god, I've raged so many times because of painkiller. SOO many. I've had so many ALMOST flawless games and it's always the guy with painkiller that gives me my 1 death. Damn painkiller to hell!!

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
I'm fucking done with this game. As I was explaining before, about this 'fuck you over repeatedly phenomenon', I've had enough of it. I primarily play Domination, am in my 4th prestige, over 35,000 kills and have a KD of 3.15.

I'm not shitty at this game, but this game is shit. I'll say at least 60% of my deaths are the result of this bullshit spawn system. It comes to the point where your begging the game not to kill you during your next spawn, and you die, over and over again. I have no problem if with a game if someone is more skilled than me, but if it's the game that keeps ramming it up your ass over and over, then I'm not going back.

COD4 never had these issues, except on Shipment. I played that game for 2 years, and had never been frustrated to the point MW2 has made me.

Need to vent, I want this game to be good because I'm good at it. But jesus christ, I don't have fun anymore.

The spawning system is starting to get to me aswell. It just feels so fucking cheap when you run around the quiet side of the map to get behind the enemy, to kill a few, and have 1 of them spawn right fucking behind you and blergh dead.

Might just stick to Search & Destroy. Strangely i played this almost exclusively with CoD4, but have barely touched it in MW2.

Maybe they could introduce a new playlist option with a tweaked spawn system that puts you much further away from the action ?

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Ogs said:
The spawning system is starting to get to me aswell. It just feels so fucking cheap when you run around the quiet side of the map to get behind the enemy, to kill a few, and have 1 of them spawn right fucking behind you and blergh dead.

Might just stick to Search & Destroy. Strangely i played this almost exclusively with CoD4, but have barely touched it in MW2.

Maybe they could introduce a new playlist option with a tweaked spawn system that puts you much further away from the action ?

If the spawning gets addressed, I'll absolutely play the game more. I feel this anxiety while playing now because of what could happen as the result of it. Getting fucked over by things outside my control pisses me off to no end in online games.

We know you IW dev guys read this thread. FIX YOUR GAME OR NOBODY WILL BUY YOUR DLC.

Xevren

Spawns definitely break this game. It makes it really hard to have fun. Some of the maps would be an easy fix really, Sub Base's respawns are the worst in any game I have ever played they are just terrible.

Ran into my first set of boosters just now too, wasn't hard to find them to put an end to that. Really sad people would do that.

LeMaximilian said:
COD4 never had these issues, except on Shipment. I played that game for 2 years, and had never been frustrated to the point MW2 has made me.

Need to vent, I want this game to be good because I'm good at it. But jesus christ, I don't have fun anymore.

This is me after every session of MW2. My next 7 game purchases are singleplayer only because of this game.

J-Rzez

LeMaximilian said:
I'm fucking done with this game. As I was explaining before, about this 'fuck you over repeatedly phenomenon', I've had enough of it. I primarily play Domination, am in my 4th prestige, over 35,000 kills and have a KD of 3.15.

I'm not shitty at this game, but this game is shit. I'll say at least 60% of my deaths are the result of this bullshit spawn system. It comes to the point where your begging the game not to kill you during your next spawn, and you die, over and over again. I have no problem if with a game if someone is more skilled than me, but if it's the game that keeps ramming it up your ass over and over, then I'm not going back.

The game's not designed to be played competitively. It's designed to be more casual than ever. That's just how it is. I just log on with my friends, and when we finally get in the same game together, we just usually try to see how many teammates we can get to quit before the end of the game via trash talking, and of course rattling the cages of the others in the lobby.

I was hoping this would hold me over until MAG, but unfortunately it's becoming a chore to get myself to log onto this game anymore. I've been grinding out emblems on my alts in WoW in addition to raiding to kill time until MAG hits.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
You guys don't remember the spawns being terrible in 4 as well, really?

Must be just me, then.

Edit: And I'm talking literally throwing me in the middle of grenade spam/airstrikes/et. al. TERRIBLE spawns.

Narag

TheSeks said:

Must be just me, then.

Oh I do. They had to fix them not too long after release for being so bad and even then.. :lol

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
J-Rzez said:
The game's not designed to be played competitively. It's designed to be more casual than ever. That's just how it is. I just log on with my friends, and when we finally get in the same game together, we just usually try to see how many teammates we can get to quit before the end of the game via trash talking, and of course rattling the cages of the others in the lobby.

I can see this casual thing making sense. Granted, the game doesn't constantly fuck you over and over and over, sometimes it works in your favor. So what, this means you're not really good, you're getting lucky!? Fuck people up sometimes, then get fucked others...completely beyond your control. How can anyone who wants to take the game seriously actually accept that unless they play S&D all the time? Do you see how fucking awful this sounds!? It's what all us decent players have to deal with as a result of an amazing game that's being ruined by several small factors.

COD4 may of had it's share of problems, but it was still a game of skill. If your ass wasn't good at shooting straight, then you didn't do well. MW2 is hoping you don't fall in the 'get fucked' scenario, or getting lucky.

TheSeks said:

Must be just me, then.

Edit: And I'm talking literally throwing me in the middle of grenade spam/airstrikes/et. al. TERRIBLE spawns.

The spawns in CoD4 never felt this bad because the maps weren't 100% suck. The maps in MW2 have so many alleys, holes, and intersecting hallways that no matter where the game spawns you or the enemy, they have 45 ways to get to you. So when you kill someone, and they know exactly where you are, they have 45 ways to kill you 2 seconds after you killed them. Spawning in an airstrike, or grenade spam happened nowhere near as frequently.

They need to spawn people in a section where nothing is going down to allow him to get his bearings, and give the person that killed him some time to catch his breath and move to a safe spot. As of right now, this game almost literally spawns people right on top of each other.

Cerrius said:
It worked when I tried Pave Low --> Chopper Gunner -- Nuke but earlier today I tried a Harrier, Pave Low, Chopper Gunner streak and the Pave Low kills didn't count.

So I think it's still bugged actually.

I'm telling you guys the Pave Low kills doesn't count towards another killstreak. I tried Harrier --> Pave Low --> EMP to no avail.

Harrier, Chopper Gunner, EMP is what I used to get the EMP emblem.

I think there is even a thread on how the Pave Low kills doesn't stack for another killstreak on the IW forums.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Got my 8-Bit Price!

Idiotic teammates made it a very tough thing to do... Not shooting down Airstreaks, being near me when I'm trying to flank the enemy, and being dumb... But I got it!

Loxley

backflip10019 said:
Karachi is the worst map in the game. Seriously, why is it so vertical? Vertical maps do not work in Call of Duty.

Karachi is the only map in MW2 that I actively hate. I actually actively hate it with such a burning passion that I will leave the lobby if it's the next queued map or I happen to join an in-progress match on it. I don't know what it is, but that map is bane of my MW2 existence. I honestly cannot remember the last time I had a good game in there, it's ridiculous. I know leaving matches that are in-progress count as losses on my stats, but I despise Karachi so much that I find taking the loss to be the better option 100% of the time.

Mind you no other map in FPS history has ever induced such scorn from me, not even Shipment or Wetwork in CoD4. Ugh.

kevm3

Yeah the spawn system is horrendous... Especially when you kill someone and they run right around the corner, OR you kill one guy who you are pretty sure was aslone, and then all of a sudden, 3 or 4 of his guys come surging around the corner.

The only map they really seem to spawn you away from the enemy is Derail, and they spawn you on the OTHER side of the map, as huge as it is. I usually play a few games, experience all of the nonsense, think in my mind, "This game sucks," and cut it off. Can't believe I wanted in line to get this on the first day.

Mega Mike

Banned
Is it just me, or are the graphics in single player better than the multi? Maybe its cause theres no map....playing mind tricks on me.

Also I reached 70. Dont plan on prestiging, don't think its necessary.

Mega Mike said:
One gripe I have...WHY DOES NO ONE EVER SHOOT DOWN AIR?? I ALWAYS HAVE TO /END NERD RAGE.

I assume you mean air support, and not oxygen. (This'll be weird after you edit)

And yes, it seems like 1 out of every 100 people I see in this game like to shoot down air support. They are free points, and help the whole team, I'm not sure why people don't even try. i mean if you just got killed by a chopper gunner, or harrier, DO something about it instead of running out with the same class to get killed by it again.

Dina

Ogs said:

The problem with S&D is that it's 3 rounds per side. I think it used to be 10, or at least that was the case in CoD 1. The beauty of this is that your team is forced to adapt to the other team. You can't run the same position 10 rounds straight. By now, when the three rounds are over, sides are immediately switched.

Having a dedi server would fix this, but yeah. No promode is kinda a bummer too.

Mega Mike

Banned
Whats worst about the spawning system is when you join a game and immediately die... whats even more worse, is by their air support! I HATE AIR SUPPORT. ROAAAAAAAAAAARRR

Top Bottom