• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Mik2121

Lionheart1827 said:
So I was curious if there was actually something where the "gulag" location took place, here is what I found on google earth.

http://i48.tinypic.com/10egff7.jpg[IMG]

:)[/QUOTE]

You can zoom up to that level in Google Earth? :P (I know you can't, but damn would that be awesome)

Mik2121 said:
You can zoom up to that level in Google Earth? :p (I know you can't, but damn would that be awesome)

Haha no but Google earth is linked with panoramio which is a site where you can tag a specific area on google earth with a photo. I can literally spend hours on google earth just looking at photos and wikipedia entries.

Kujo

_Alkaline_ said:
Today I killed two enemies who were surrounding their care package. I nearly die in the process so I take cover about two steps from the package. While regaining health I turn around and notice some little shit on my team (who was with me the whole time and stayed back) is taking the care package for himself. Boy that pissed me off. I put myself on the line and did the hard work and he just takes it for himself.
Had this happen a few days back. Throw down a care package marker, shoot off some enemies heading towards it, by the time I'm done with them some 8 year old took it (it was a Harrier airstrike). He then preceeded to ask whether a Harrier was a "good or bad thing". No one answers him so he never uses it in the match. smh

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Got a nuke on Favela in Mercenary Team Deathmatch. <3 Christmas noobs.

Pave Low --> Chopper Gunner ---> Tactical Nuke with AK47 silenced. Deadly.

Smokey said:
I love Coldblooded Pro. For about 30 minutes today, I decided to play differently. I would lay prone in the most open of areas (since your name doesn't show) with a silent weapon and just :lol at how many people would just run by me before I picked them off (despite literally laying in the middle of the fucking street).

It was amazing.

I made that yesterday on Afghan. I was sniping on that mountain and some enemey came from behind and shot me. I barely could get away, ran behind a rock, lay down and mashed the Y-button, dude comes right next to me, looks at me, and runs away. I stand up and shoot him in the back. :lol :lol

Graf Nudu said:
I made that yesterday on Afghan. I was sniping on that mountain and some enemey came from behind and shot me. I barely could get away, ran behind a rock, lay down and mashed the Y-button, dude comes right next to me, looks at me, and runs away. I stand up and shoot him in the back. :lol :lol

WTFFFF this actually works? :lol :lol Me and like 3 of my friends do that mash Y thing just to laugh, and have done it for like 2 years now. I have got to try this in a game.

aku:jiki

_Alkaline_ said:
Today I killed two enemies who were surrounding their care package. I nearly die in the process so I take cover about two steps from the package. While regaining health I turn around and notice some little shit on my team (who was with me the whole time and stayed back) is taking the care package for himself. Boy that pissed me off. I put myself on the line and did the hard work and he just takes it for himself.
The other day, I had a kid try to steal mine and I called him out on it, then it took like 20 seconds, you could hear him plug in his headset and like a 10-year-old just said "Yeah, I know... I'm sorry :(" and I was like :lol, you can have it kid.

In the grassy area of Karachi lay an enemy care pacakge so with no enemy around I went to steal it.

About halfway through capturing it an enemy comes along and I think I'm done for but he doesn't see me behind it and so runs up to it, drops into prone and tries to capture it on the opposite side of the package.

I then finiish capture it and it dissapears right infront of his eyes leaving me to headshot him. It was a predator and I got a triple kill:D

Yea on my first prestige I was figuring all the weapons out and I did decent with everything my K/D was around 1.3 I think at first prestige. Eventually after awhile I've just stuck with the FAMAS and M16. I see no reason to fuck around with other shit when you can have a laser red dot on it and one shot kill anyone. Its like cutting through butter with a laser.

I just can't seem to find a reason to mess around with the other guns anymore when I know the M16 and FAMAS can just one shot kill and be done with it. I got a much higher KD now too.

Lince

Banned
so adding a sight to the AK47 increases the recoil? I was using it only with FMJ and just recently attached a red dot sight, seems to me I can't get medium-long range kills so easy anymore... the gun is still a f* beast for medium-close combat though.

xxjuicesxx said:
Yea on my first prestige I was figuring all the weapons out and I did decent with everything my K/D was around 1.3 I think at first prestige. Eventually after awhile I've just stuck with the FAMAS and M16. I see no reason to fuck around with other shit when you can have a laser red dot on it and one shot kill anyone. Its like cutting through butter with a laser.

I just can't seem to find a reason to mess around with the other guns anymore when I know the M16 and FAMAS can just one shot kill and be done with it. I got a much higher KD now too.

I assume you use SP Pro with that?

For the life of me, cold-blooded pro is a must when I play.

Enemy UAVs go up and of course no one shoots them down except for me. Then you probably have one guy on the opposing team using the knife build to go after the red dots on his radar..

On top of that, I always end up being killstreak fodder right before I find cover. And thanks to IW's lovely spawn system, I respawn and insta-die from a harrier/pave low/chopper gunner etc.

I can't live without cold-blooded pro.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Seems like people really want a gun that does high damage and high rate of fire and don't really give a hoot about accuracy.

Not really for me, as I'd say "just use a UMP if you're only going to be shooting at short distances", but if it's working for you guys (and it must be), than cool beans.

...8 more levels till I get my ACR back!
huacst21 said:
For the life of me, cold-blooded pro is a must when I play.

When I prestiged again and had to level with Stopping Power for 25 levels, I found out that I can do just as well (if not better on some maps) with SP vs. CB. I was able to get similar ratios, which to me says that you can make those builds work. Like you said, you need to be completely aware of the fact that you're going to show up on killstreak radars...but I found that you can use this against people. Basically people get more aggressive when they have a UAV up because they feel like they know something the enemy doesn't. It's like people rush your location expecting to catch you off guard.

Killstreaks are still a total bitch, though, without cold-blooded.

In the end, I can't give up my Silencer, Scavenger, CB or Ninja. Just can't live without them.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Lince said:
so adding a sight to the AK47 increases the recoil? I was using it only with FMJ and just recently attached a red dot sight, seems to me I can't get medium-long range kills so easy anymore... the gun is still a f* beast for medium-close combat though.

That's how I feel. I just used Extended mags with it, because the sights felt 'wrong'...

RubxQub

DMeisterJ said:
That's how I feel. I just used Extended mags with it, because the sights felt 'wrong'...
It's like when I pick up someone elses ACR and they have a sight on it...wtf are they doing?! :lol

thatbox said:
If you have the Xbox controller mini-keyboard, you can use that. It thinks you have a mic plugged in, so it tries to send the voices to it, but since all that's there is the keyboard you get blissful silence.

Negative. I've got the keyboard and unplugging the mic has them coming through the TV

RubxQub

BigNastyCurve said:
Negative. I've got the keyboard and unplugging the mic has them coming through the TV
Do you have it setup for the voice chat to go through your speakers, headset or both? I have mine set to headset and this works for me.

Yeeeeeaaaaaa! Finished mastery of the UMP, only need about 100 more kills for the 1,000 kills veteran emblem.

Then it's a question of about 160-170 head shots. I used this thing for a solid 35 levels -- maybe I can stomach another 20 more.

So. Am I the only who thinks the Tactical Knife with Pistol combo, Marathon Pro, Lightweight Pro and Ninja Pro to be the most fun combo ever? I'm fairly certain I've pissed many people off with that though. But it's fun!

RubxQub said:
Do you have it setup for the voice chat to go through your speakers, headset or both? I have mine set to headset and this works for me.

Honestly I'm not sure. When I plug in my mic it comes only through the headset. When I unplug the mic it comes out through the speakers. I guess I should explore those options.

Dabookerman said:
So. Am I the only who thinks the Tactical Knife with Pistol combo, Marathon Pro, Lightweight Pro and Ninja Pro to be the most fun combo ever? I'm fairly certain I've pissed many people off with that though. But it's fun!

It's fun and sometimes can be very deadly, but personally I can get far better K/D's using good-ol' noob tubin.

Cerrius said:
Got a nuke on Favela in Mercenary Team Deathmatch. <3 Christmas noobs.

Pave Low --> Chopper Gunner ---> Tactical Nuke with AK47 silenced. Deadly.

Did they fix the Pave Low so that it actually stacks for killstreaks now?

LosDaddie

Banned
GAF, I need your help.

I've been trying to get this emblem with no luck:

Emblem-eagle.jpg

YOu have to complete the "Flawless" Challenge to earn the emblem:

CoD Wiki said:
Challenge: "Flawless" - Play an entire full-length match without dying.

I thought I completed the challenge, twice, last night, but still no eagle emblem. I made sure both times were full-length matches. One match I just went Prone w/Cold Blooded perk and didn't kill anyone (I did shoot down an UAV though). No emblem. The other match I got a kill almost immediately, shot down a UAV, and then hid for the rest of the match. No emblem. :( :(

What am I doing wrong?

RubxQub

LosDaddie said:
GAF, I need your help.

Emblem-eagle.jpg

I thought I completed the challenge, twice, last night, but still no eagle emblem. I made sure both times were full-length matches. One match I just went Prone w/Cold Blooded perk and didn't kill anyone (I did shoot down an UAV though). No emblem. The other match I got a kill almost immediately, shot down a UAV, and then hid for the rest of the match. No emblem. :( :(

What am I doing wrong?
Is that a prestige emblem maybe?

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
LosDaddie said:
GAF, I need your help.

Emblem-eagle.jpg

What am I doing wrong?

hmm, strange. Maybe you have to get a certain number of kills? I went 18-0 when I got mine.

Macattk15

BigNastyCurve said:
It's fun and sometimes can be very deadly, but personally I can get far better K/D's using good-ol' noob tubin.

Heck yes, I pretty much exclusively play Domination games with my friends and I run around with the noob tube and Danger Close Pro and get a ton of double / triple kills on people trying to cap points.

I went 30-0 in Wasteland the other day with the WA2000 sniper rifle, I love that thing. Wish I had nuke unlocked as it would of been my first chance to get one.

todahawk

RavenFox said:
Dude please. Some of you post like your tactical kings. Try your guns on me and the team play with sometime. psshh 'get past the challenge' give me a break. What challenge? You must be playing against some dolts to get away with that shit.
Just funny reading this thread at times but yet I harbor no ill feelings towards you.

Famas is love with a thermal and silencer.

Junior, he's likely talking about the XP Challenges, not "the challenge of the game". I've pulled off attachments and perks I like to finish the challenges for others I've unlocked.

RubxQub

greenjerk said:
Same here, 18-0, there must be a minimum number of kills.
Perhaps it is tied to the accolade "The Show"?

RSTEIN said:
I also got my "The Show" accolade in the same game.
They're only including the term "The Show" to remind me of the sorry state of baseball on the 360.
::Shakes fist at sky:: Damn you, IW. Damn you all to hell! :lol

I want the "NGA" emblem, (the red, white and blue grenade icon that looks like an NBA logo) but it requires completing Think Fast, finishing off an injured enemy with a direct impact from a frag grenade. It's too tough. When I see people in Last Stand, I'm not thinking "Man, I should try to nail them with my grenade."

RubxQub

DeuceMojo said:
They're only including the term "The Show" to remind me of the sorry state of baseball on the 360.
::Shakes fist at sky:: Damn you, IW. Damn you all to hell! :lol

I want the "NGA" emblem, (the red, white and blue grenade icon that looks like an NBA logo) but it requires completing Think Fast, finishing off an injured enemy with a direct impact from a frag grenade. It's too tough. When I see people in Last Stand, I'm not thinking "Man, I should try to nail them with my grenade."
Man, I never use frags...

I stick downed fools with Semtex all the time, too :lol I actually go out of my way to do it because I loathe people with last stand/final stand so much.

The one moment where I was thrown so completely over the edge that I almost threw my controller into my TV in full-on rage was when I was playing TDM and ended up in a game against a proper clan on Highrise. It felt like no matter what I tried to do, there was always a guy hiding somewhere to fuck up my plan of attack...I couldn't get in any kind of groove and they had us 100% pinned in our spawn.

I finally pushed my way out and ended up in a 1:1 with one of the guys and I down him, only to have the guy shoot me with a noob tube while being in Final Stand...I lost my shit. The combination of all the events before and then ultimately dying in the most horrifically lame way ever made me want to kill someone.

...this game does some crazy shit to me sometimes :lol

LosDaddie

Banned
greenjerk said:
Same here, 18-0, there must be a minimum number of kills.

Damn, I sure hope it's not a high number because there's no way I'm going on an 18-0 run.

RubxQub said:
Perhaps it is tied to the accolade "The Show"?

Is there any other place than the CoD Wiki to find this out?

todahawk

LosDaddie said:
Damn, I sure hope it's not a high number because there's no way I'm going on an 18-0 run.

Is there any other place than the CoD Wiki to find this out?

Bah, I didn't think so either. I had predator, harrier, chopper gunner and was lying down in a out of the way spot when I called them in.

RubxQub

LosDaddie said:
Set all your killstreaks to be super low (like UAV, Predator Missile, Harrier Strike) and work to get that Predator Missile. Use that to get you two kills to pull out your Harrier, and that would likely get you your total of 10 kills.

...then just tuck away somewhere.

todahawk

RubxQub said:
Set all your killstreaks to be super low (like UAV, Predator Missile, Harrier Strike) and work to get that Predator Missile. Use that to get you two kills to pull out your Harrier, and that would likely get you your total of 10 kills.

this.

I'm now gunning for my nuke with harrier, choppa gunner and nuke. Sooooo close.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
RubxQub said:
The one moment where I was thrown so completely over the edge that I almost threw my controller into my TV in full-on rage was when I was playing TDM and ended up in a game against a proper clan on Highrise. It felt like no matter what I tried to do, there was always a guy hiding somewhere to fuck up my plan of attack...I couldn't get in any kind of groove and they had us 100% pinned in our spawn.

Always - ALWAYS - leave Highrise if you're up against a clan. They will make sure you never leave your spawn. Your half witted team will insta die after each spawn. It's just not worth the aggravation. I love Highrise but I don't have the tolerance for that shit. It's a very Rainbow Six Vegas-like map and the only map that really opens up the possibility of getting spawn raped.

todahawk

RSTEIN said:
Always - ALWAYS - leave Highrise if you're up against a clan. They will make sure you never leave your spawn. Your half witted team will insta die after each spawn. It's just not worth the aggravation. I love Highrise but I don't have the tolerance for that shit. It's a very Rainbow Six Vegas-like map and the only map that really opens up the possibility of getting spawn raped.

yup, ran into this just last night. the lovely matching making dropped me right into a horribly one sided beat down on highrise. I LOVE when that happens.

cameltoe

My KDR is in a downward spiral! was up to 2.25...down to 2.04 I think...none of my shots register anymore. Frustrating as hell to open fire on some dude looking the other way and watch bullets magically fire from his ass to kill me! And this is with 4 green bars! The past few days have been horrible in terms of lag for me. Time for a break me thinks.....

RSTEIN said:
Agreed. Clans will wreck you on High Rise.

LosDaddie

Banned
Dax01 said:
It's not. I have it as my current emblem, and I got mine in a game in which I went 13-0. There is probably a minimum number of kills.

RubxQub said:

Thanks, guys.

I think I'll use the Hardline perk to get the KillStreaks quicker.

cameltoe said:
My KDR is in a downward spiral! was up to 2.25...down to 2.04 I think...none of my shots register anymore. Frustrating as hell to open fire on some dude looking the other way and watch bullets magically fire from his ass to kill me! And this is with 4 green bars! The past few days have been horrible in terms of lag for me. Time for a break me thinks.....
Yeah, for some reason I feel like the connections that I've been getting in games have been terrible over the past couple of days. Maybe it's all the new kids that just got the game for Christmas that play on Fischer Price dial-up modems? I'm not sure.

Pete Rock

RSTEIN said:
Always - ALWAYSI love Highrise but I don't have the tolerance for that shit. It's a very Rainbow Six Vegas-like map and the only map that really opens up the possibility of getting spawn raped.
Skidrow is exactly the same for me if not worse, I've seen all 3 points secured with a +50 spread in Domination go sour because all the jackasses spawn at A and decide to camp long hall/forklift room, forgetting the fact that both of those positions are relatively worthless in the context of the rest of the map.

Enemy secures C & B from back alley and they lock down mid, and unless you are prepared to get raped by air support for the rest of the game you might as well leave. Not only that, but you get spawned in a chain link kill zone that doesn't even have a counterpart at C - you can ditch in either of those buildings from the street spawn relatively immediately.

At least on Highrise you can always run down the middle area by all the equipment, then cut up to the top deck again or go for either base, even if they are camping on your roof.

Similarly, it's amazing how much you notice the shit spawn system when your team is doing so terribly and you are the only person pulling a flank. The instant you get to another quadrant of the map 4 dudes respawn next to you right as you are knifing an enemy sniper... fucking dumb

RubxQub

Pete Rock said:
Similarly, it's amazing how much you notice the shit spawn system when your team is doing so terribly and you are the only person pulling a flank. The instant you get to another quadrant of the map 4 dudes respawn next to you right as you are knifing an enemy sniper... fucking dumb
I run into this all the time.

I'm getting much better at anticipating where the spawn system is placing people purely by looking at the location of my own teammates, and often I'm on the opposite side of the world compared to them. Pure silence turns into a parade of footsteps and if I can't find a good place to hide quickly, I'll get gunned down from 3 people that just freshly spawned.

...I don't know what they were thinking with this spawn system. If I just died, don't spawn me near the enemy. If I just killed someone, don't spawn them next to me.

I get that it can be hard to figure out where to spawn someone because the other team may be so spread out, but at least drop me somewhere in cover and not out in the open so I have a chance to fight my way out instead of instantly becoming fodder.

huacst21 said:
I assume you use SP Pro with that?
Enemy UAVs go up and of course no one shoots them down except for me.

Not If you play with me, Im taking out UAV's everytime I hear it called out. I always have Stinger+Scavenger equipped so I become the "air raper"

I agree that cold blooded is an absolute must, Scavenger is for me as well. the third perk I could really care less what I have equpped, I just go for the challenges

Lince

Banned
spawns are terrible yes, I decided long ago not to capture flags in domination anymore unless we're 2 or more guys going for it, there's no reward in killing the camper there when he's respawning a few meters away. They should look at that and fix it somehow.

Top Bottom