• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

LowParry

Violater said:
m,browser_fullscreen

Cancels preorder
This some kinda joke?

The joke's on you! :lol

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Eric WK said:
The part of this that really got me was
going into one of the homes in Arcadia and seeing the TV flickering with the breaking news on. It just rang very true.
Yup, it really felt too fucking real. The houses looking so goddamn realistic didn't really help either. Seriously, that level looks good.

ZROCOOL

aka II VerTigo II
Kintaro said:
I got a look at the googles today while doing shipment. I didn't open the package of course, but they look pretty cheap. =/
And that's why I'm afraid to purchase this bundle. Maybe tomorrow ill swing by to see how everything looks.

Violater

Klyka said:
They are not showing the exact same spots, the PS3 shot just has a bad angle for the lighting and is a very flat surface.
If you cancel your preorder over this, I weep for you.
:lol
I was kidding man

I would just like to say that Veteran difficulty in MW2 is a bajillion times harder than it was in MW1. It's like every enemy is some space alien with 360 degree view that can shoot you in the head with a pistol before you even see them. I can't tell you how many times I have been shot through a wall and died by an enemy in the next room that I had not even seen yet. WTF IW. Make it challenging but not painful.

Couple this with the fact that shooting guys does not clear rooms, moving forward makes your partners clear rooms and reach checkpoints.Why not have a set number of enemies need to be killed before you can move on. Instead I basically need to run forward to some invisible line because trying to take out the enemies in Veteran difficulty is a waste of time. You so much as poke your nose out of cover and you are dead.

Oh well, at least I know the MP will be fantastic as always. I tried a little bit last night but did it feel like everything was smaller this time around to anyone else? Like the FOV was bigger and hence the other players seemed smaller on my screen than MW1.

AnIco

ZZMitch said:
Ya, the best for sure... The Xbox pic looks a good amount better in this one and it looks to be the same exact moment too.

How does it look a good amount better? Looks exactly the same. I only see a difference in contrast, which is down to capture method.

ZZMitch said:
Ya, the best for sure... The Xbox pic looks a good amount better in this one and it looks to be the same exact moment too.
the amount of detail is identical; the PS3 version looks a bit washed out, as is typical during most comparisons. It may be running at a slightly lower resolution, judging from that pic, or it may just be a capture method.

ZZMitch

WretchedTruman said:
the amount of detail is identical; the PS3 version looks a bit washed out, as is typical during most comparisons. It may be running at a slightly lower resolution, judging from that pic, or it may just be a capture method.

Ya, you guys are probably right. I am just concerned because I am probably getting it for PS3 :D . Even if the stills are slightly different it will probably look the same in motion I guess.

Tain

C&C/Bowling Green GAF: fuck yeah

i make fun of my friends when they want to go to gamestop

"dude buy games from the guys that gave us uncharted 2 like half a week early."

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
*Boner*

I can't wait for everyone to cry about the dual FN P90s. :lol

ezekial45 said:
I'm gonna keep asking this until i get the game.

Anyone in the Bay Area get the game early?

I had it since monday from ebay. I am pretty sure china town in SF has it. They sold part 1 early so try there.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Some guy on jtv is playing the 3rd person playlist.

It doesn't look terrible, but I do wish they'd have gone slightly more over the shoulder. As it is, your character is dead centre of the screen so blocks your view.

I just stopped by my two local 7-11 stores. Not really sure what I expected to find. Both were packed with the usual Saturday night crowd of nearly homeless beer/cigarette buyers, Slurpee-sipping moms with 6 kids buying "dinner", and the small random "gang of guys" just outside the door, one staring at me on the way in from the comfort of his bicycle seat. Both locations had games, but no MW2. I ended up buying a bag of 7-11 "brand" onion rings, which were a full .20 less than real Funyuns. It was an impulse buy for sure, but one I would regret... after eating a few rings, I wondered why they tasted so sugary. Looked at the package, and like the fourth ingredient is sugar. WTF.

AnEternalEnigma said:
Has anyone seen the Tactical Nuke get dropped yet in a care package?

Not me. I've yet to even see it in real use period. I don't know why people were worrying, it will RARELY ever be used.

cresto

Net_Wrecker said:
Not me. I've yet to even see it in real use period. I don't know why people were worrying, it will RARELY ever be used.
and even if it is used, all it does is give you an instant loss really. Honestly, if a guy has a 25 kill streak, you are probably going to lose quickly so what's the big deal?

Ten-Song

cjelly said:
Some guy on jtv is playing the 3rd person playlist.

It doesn't look terrible, but I do wish they'd have gone slightly more over the shoulder. As it is, your character is dead centre of the screen so blocks your view.

So, it works a bit like SOCOM games with how you're character is oriented on the screen, then? Character dead center with a wide crosshair?

Dynamic3

Pride said:
Are stores just selling the game early or are they also selling the MW2 Elite Xbox 360 console early as well?

Only the game. I went to pick mine up earlier this evening and another dude wanted his console but they said he had to wait until launch for that.

The PS3 version is definitely washed out, it isn't just the pics. The odd thing is that the HUD isn't, and is in fact very vibrant.

I assume this has been asked and answered a million times, but are the resetting just the leaderboards at launch, or are they resetting your unlocks as well?

Eric WK

Dynamic3 said:
Only the game. I went to pick mine up earlier this evening and another dude wanted his console but they said he had to wait until launch for that.

The PS3 version is definitely washed out, it isn't just the pics. The odd thing is that the HUD isn't, and is in fact very vibrant.

I assume this has been asked and answered a million times, but are the resetting just the leaderboards at launch, or are they resetting your unlocks as well?

The entire point is that the ranks are going to be reset to even the playing field.

Ten-Song said:
So, it works a bit like SOCOM games with how you're character is oriented on the screen, then? Character dead center with a wide crosshair?

Yep, until you go into "iron-sights" mode where it goes kinda "RE5" over-the-shoulder.

~Kinggi~

Banned
So since so many fuckers are playing this already, how is the music? Is it generic military music or was Hans Zimmer worth the money?

ZeroRay

~Kinggi~ said:
So since so many fuckers are playing this already, how is the music? Is it generic military music or was Hans Zimmer worth the money?

Hans Zimmer only did the main theme from what I'm hearing but I thought the main score was better than COD4. So if you liked that, you'll like this.

~Kinggi~ said:

There are a few really good pieces but overall it sounds more like the crap Harry Gregson-Williams phones in.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Calen said:
Looks like he doesn't have the full RGB range configured on his PS3. Game doesn't look nearly that washed out and "compressed" on my PS3 at home.

Full RGB is bad for most set ups tho (crashes blacks). Limited is better. Do you tweak PS3 version gamma and stuff with Full RGB in mind?

Top Bottom