• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
eternaLightness said:
Good for you :p

Getting a 10 kill streak without using killstreaks is kinda difficult for me. I always get a 6 or 7 kill streak then start screwing up.
Someone said you could actually hijack someone elses care package to get the kills if push comes to shove :lol

Maybe get a friend and have him call care packages for you or EADs with the intent of you taking them if you need to get it?

No clue if that works, but someone mentioned it in here.

codecow

RubxQub said:
Someone said you could actually hijack someone elses care package to get the kills if push comes to shove :lol

Maybe get a friend and have him call care packages for you or EADs with the intent of you taking them if you need to get it?

No clue if that works, but someone mentioned it in here.

I thought care package kills didn't count towards your killstreak.

[Edit: Ah, nm, you're not getting a killstreak. It's just 10 kills with no KS equipped.]

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
codecow said:
I thought care package kills didn't count towards your killstreak.

[Edit: Ah, nm, you're not getting a killstreak. It's just 10 kills with no KS equipped.]
You're probably right, actually. I just read the description in that iPhone app and it says "get a 10 killstreak with no killstreak rewards equipped"

...so maybe that person didn't know what they were talking about :lol

I got it the old fashioned way, which I can confirm works, of course.

Insaniac

Johnlenham said:
I tried to shoot down a harrier yesterday and it took 4 bloody missiles till one connected. I thought they only had one set of flares?

harriers don't have flares, and 1 stinger or javelin will take it down, I've seen stingers and javelins miss though at close range, which is weird.

mr_boo

Johnlenham said:
I tried to shoot down a harrier yesterday and it took 4 bloody missiles till one connected. I thought they only had one set of flares?
Harriers has ZERO flares - one Stinger shot will take it down. I'm guessing it either has to do with the launcher you're using (no lock on) or there may be some invincibility frames for the Harrier.

shuri

Banned
kinda sucks that prestige only gives you another custom class slot. Complete a prestige level should give you something unique (like another weapon, or a new secret perk) or a way to design your own suit to be used in-game (you could design your own camo pattern, with colors).

It's just dumb grinding :|

TheAzRim said:
I use my STD flowers callsign with the same flowers as the emblem.

This
STD.jpg

with this
Emblem-pushindaisies.jpg

how do you customize those?

Yeef said:
Just tested it in offline split screen. Tried it with Pavelow, Chopper Gunner and AC130 with each of the three launchers that lock on. Held every lock-on for a 10 count and it didn't work with any combination of launcher and air support.

Someone is teh liar!!!!! (and I secretly hope it's you cause I would love for the flares to go off simply by locking on)

Meier

mr_boo said:
Harriers has ZERO flares - one Stinger shot will take it down. I'm guessing it either has to do with the launcher you're using (no lock on) or there may be some invincibility frames for the Harrier.
I shot two stingers (locked on) at one the other day and neither connected.. pissed me off. No chaffs were used as far as I could tell.. no clue why it didn't work. Naturally I got killed by someone after the second shot which made it even more obnoxious.

Ken K in the Fresh!!! said:
If u had little clearance ur stinger missile probably hit a tree, utility pole or side of the building..

No, it's a bug. Had it happen to me many times. The thing literally swerves out of the way and then spins around in the sky or just disappears. And if you miss once for no reason there's a good chance it will happen again when you reload and refire. Happens in afghan and Invasion to me a lot.

mr_boo

Mr. B Natural said:
No, it's a bug. Had it happen to me many times. The thing literally swerves out of the way and then spins around in the sky or just disappears. And if you miss once for no reason there's a good chance it will happen again when you reload and refire. Happens in afghan and Invasion to me a lot.
I've experienced it a few times too, but I've always attributed it to me being too aggressive trying to shoot the Harrier down the second it's settled in and I've locked on. These days, I just swap to my CB Kit and not worry about shooting it down. I'm really considering taking the Stinger out of as my secondary in my CB Kit - though more realistic, I don't like sticking out like a sore thumb with a rocket launcher tied to my back.

minx

Yeah I call them Super Harriers. When one stinger misses the second always misses as well. It can take up to 5 sometimes.

Insaniac

has anyone considered how badly you could own most TDM games if you had a party who actually used classes/ Killstreaks that complimented each other?

My ultimate strategy would involve having several players with standard stopping power builds and several as ghosts (CBpro and Ninjapro) and then have two players running counter-UAV to disrupt the enemy completely.

Just force the enemy into a spawn and continually flank with the ghosts the enemies would never know where to guard from.

Mr. B Natural said:

Place I noticed it most was at the boathouse on Estate, trying to shoot either towards the house or down the hill. The trees seem to mess up the shots. I have also had it happen on Wasteland if you try to shoot a harrier on the other side of the hedge from you, even though its a clear line of sight through the sky.

alterno69

Banned
MrCompletely said:
woohoo, got my 8-bit Price last night!

Just bragging :)
Got mine minutes ago on like my third match after checkin off the killstreak rewards, felt good and it was great cause i was killed just after getting the tenth kill. I created a new class after some guys sugesstions here and i was a beast.
Scar
Silencer
Scavenger Pro
Cold Blooded Pro
Commando Pro

i Ended up a couple of rounds with great k/d ratios like 23/1 and 34/4.

Jonsoncao

Banned
while (level > level_temp)
do
{
level_temp = level;
new_gun = true;
if (new_gun_attachment < theta*size(all_attachment))
you = assraped;
else
you = raping others;
level = level + 1;
}

I am enough of this infinite loop bs...back to Halo 3...

DRE Fei

I'm getting close to the 2500 kills for the FAMAS prestige challenge and I have a question. Do those prestige gun challenges reset after you max them out, or do they stop at 2500 or something? I'm on my 4th prestige now and I'd hate to lose those bonuses since they're pretty sweet.

Scarecrow

Man, that noob tube w/ OMA combo sure kicks some ass. I just unlocked the Nuke earlier and tried for it, but the game ended with me at 21 kills. ALso the first time I used the chopper gunner, so that was pretty awesome too.

kitch9

Banned
Scarecrow said:
Man, that noob tube w/ OMA combo sure kicks some ass. I just unlocked the Nuke earlier and tried for it, but the game ended with me at 21 kills. ALso the first time I used the chopper gunner, so that was pretty awesome too.

The build feels nerfed on the PC......

Maybe I'm just shit with it.....:lol

Nelo Ice

Banned
the weirdest thing just happened

was playing a game of tdm and we were 3 kills from winning then all of a sudden the game lags out(not host migration) and im sitting there under the map then when the game starts up again i see enemies forfeiting pop up and im the only one left on either team then i get disconnected from live

Yeef said:
Just tested it in offline split screen. Tried it with Pavelow, Chopper Gunner and AC130 with each of the three launchers that lock on. Held every lock-on for a 10 count and it didn't work with any combination of launcher and air support.

I generally take them out with the second stinger whilst using Sleight of Hand. If the 1st misses, by the time you've reloaded and fired the second, the heli/harrier doesn't have time to release the flares again. Job done (well it's has worked for me at least). AC130 is a different story though. Taking one of them down I reckon is just based on luck.

minx88 said:
Yeah I call them Super Harriers. When one stinger misses the second always misses as well. It can take up to 5 sometimes.
I was going to say theres no way I got it wrong, that fucker was up there for three "lifes" as everytime I fired 2 stingers I would then get poped in the face by the other team.

Top Bottom