• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

alterno69

Banned
grumble said:
I just started playing this game in multi. I was okay at COD4, had about a 1.1 KDR, but this game is just killing me. The maps are way more complicated and maze-like (and worse, it seems to me), the controls are even twitchier, and everyone's been playing for months so they're really good and I suck. It's going to be a brutal slog getting better at this game.

Don't worry, i was feeling the same way the first days but once you get to know the maps you'll be ok, i started terrible in this game and my current K/D % is something like 1.1 on level 48 right now, i expect my % to go higher cause i manage to get like 4/1 ratio in most of my games now.

after 3,5 days of playtime, I finally got my first nuke. Well, to be honest, I have only been using Nuke as a KS reward for a hour or too now, but my previous killstreak high was 17... Got it in Invasion playing Demolition. Didn't even try to get a high killstreak, I was going 0-6 and suddently things started rolling. Got a double kill defending B, got few more running away, knifed 3 and got attack helicopter which gave me chopper gunner while defending B.

I was like 7 kills short after the CG but went and captured C and went forward to capture A. When I got to A, boom, nuke, end of the round. FINALLY.

mbmonk

ultim8p00 said:
Right now my main class is SCAR/Heartbeat + Shotgun/Grip with Sleight of Hand Pro, Stopping Power Pro, and Commando Pro. I swear I always always get like X kills with X+1 or 2 deaths. I play run and gun all the time, but I feel like I should start camping to get my K/D up, but I don't have fun camping. I also have a runner class with UMP/Red dot + Shotgun/Grip with Marathon Pro, Lightweight Pro, and Ninja Pro.

Other people are far better at the game than me, but here is something you could try.

If you are a runner gunner I suggest you use Stead Aim Pro. If you are running around fast then you don't want to have to slow down and aim down the sights (ADS). You are moving fast so you want to hip fire instead. Steady aim pro is going to allow you to do that. If you want to take a precise shot at distance then you can go ADS and you will still be fine.

Also on your SMG build you might want try putting stopping power pro in there instead of light weight. Fewer bullets to kill means you hip fire aim can be slightly less accurate and still get the kill. Giving up light weight wasn't an issue for me because I could still get behind enemies with Marathon. So my mobility is still pretty good compared to enemy team. I could still get to spots before they expected me to be there.

I really struggled with SMG builds until I started really working on hip firing, used stopping power pro, and steady aim pro on my runner class.

Just a something you can try out.

Camping normally can get your KDR up but if it's not fun then it's not really an option for you.

Heart Beat sensor and running and gunning just never worked for me. I tend to get more success running and gunning when I pay attention to where my teammates are ( that hints to me the general area where the enemy is or is not depending on your view) and just knowing the general traffic patterns for a map ( aka spots where people are most likely to be). The heartbeat sensor works better for me when I am camping then when I am moving around a level.

EDIT of EDIT: Watch your kill cams. That will help tell you why you died. Then you can ask for help/work on what specifically is giving you problems. Maybe it will show you that your aim needs work, maybe the guy got the drop on you, maybe he is just a camper which will give you your first kill after you respawn :)

EDIT: I don't want to talk down to anyone but be aware of your engage distance. If you are using an smg you don't want to run through long wide open fields. You are going to get engaged at long range and you are setup for short range .. so you die. Try to move through the level using buildings and paths that have lot's of cover.

Also maps can dictate your weapon load out. SMG's on maps like Wasteland and Afghan don't work for me. I am much better off going with the AUG + GRIP on Afghan and a FAMAS/Sniper on Wasteland. So that might help as well.

Finally avenged my lost nuke! I was playing demolition on Scrapyard. I was sitting on the lower section of the loading dock building, rocking the SCAR, pro-tube ;), Claymore, OMA, Danger Close, and Ninja. I always run Harrier/Chopper Gunner/Nuke. Got a double kill with the first tube, saw a Tactical and killed the guy that spawned on it, tubed the white delivery fan for an explosion kill, killed the same guy twice with my SCAR, got Harriers and high-tailed it out of there. I ran to the back building labeled "Office," and layed down under a desk upstairs. My Harriers got me two kills on the airstrike and then about six more from the jet itself. Chopper gunner time, and thanks to the way Demolition spawns people, it was absolute rape. The people with cold-blooded didn't stand a chance because of IW's amazing spawn system. :lol Got a couple Triple kills and a nasty multi-kill where the entire opposite team seemingly tried to go out through the same door. :lol The round ended and I was at 29-2. My teammate called in two harrier strikes, and I proceeded to call in my nuke. Too awesome. My heart was actually racing towards the end of the Chopper Gunner streak because the round was ending. :D

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
RJNavarrete said:
[Nuke Story]

Lucky bastard, I've been trying to get a nuke for a couple days now with the same kit :(.

mbmonk

Pankaks said:
Lucky bastard, I've been trying to get a nuke for a couple days now with the same kit :(.

I gave up. Camped like a bitch and still couldn't get to the 7 to get to the harrier. I could get to 5 but never 7. So now it's UAV, Care Package, and predator.

I've gotten close to a nuke, but I didn't hide well enough with the chopper gunner and got killed before i reached 25 kills. I usually to best with m16/silenced, SoH, Stp pwr, and commando pro.

I had OMA on too but not for the noobtube, just to get the 300 kills while using OMA award. I am now rocking ACR+FMJ, AA12+FMJ, stopping power, oma, commando pro

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
HOLY SHIT :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

So I decided to play Demolition like RJ said and I actually got my first nuke :D. Same map too lol. Bomb timer was at 4 seconds when my nuke went out, whew.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
PetriP-TNT said:
I had OMA on too but not for the noobtube, just to get the 300 kills while using OMA award. I am now rocking ACR+FMJ, AA12+FMJ, stopping power, oma, commando pro
Just in case you didn't know, FMJ doesn't add any damage to your shots, and I think you may be equipping it to add damage (why FMJ over a grip for your AA12?)

I tested it thoroughly myself.

Scarecrow

FromTheFuture said:
Of the WA2000 and M21 EBR, WA2000 by far, AKA the second to last one.
ok, I recently unlocked the last one and was trying it out. It also looked cooler, but I may stick with the WA2000000

FromTheFuture said:
Of the WA2000 and M21 EBR, WA2000 by far, AKA the second to last one.

Disagree completely, I think the M21 is the best rifle in the game. Minimal recoil with a wicked fast firing rate. Yes, it usually takes 2 shots to kill with, but I like it better than any of the others (and you can still land 1 shot kills with stopping power). It also doubles as a battle rifle if you throw an acog on it, where it is leaps and bounds better than the FAL, at least for me. Plus the aesthetics are better than the cardboard box that is a WA2000

WA2000 is almost always a 1 shot kill, for what its worth, but I found I liked having the extra ammo and minimal recoil in case the enemy was moving erratically like they should be if they know theres a sniper watching. I lost a lot of kills trying to use the WA2000 that I know I would have had with an M21 because of the beastly recoil. But to each their own, try them both and see which suits your playstyle better.

Im a big fan of spraying bullets through walls for kills too. I dont hesitate to unload 2 clips if theres someone there, and the M21 is great for long range snipe-spraying through walls.

EDIT: If the WA2000 works for you, then stick with it. I used it all throughout my first prestige and wrecked with it, but for the next three I went Barrett->M21, and once the M21 was available I never looked back. But WA2000 is a hell of a gun, and absolutely deadly when it lands shots. I just cant stand the aesthetics of the gun, which is probably the biggest part of why I dont use it.

RubxQub said:
Just in case you didn't know, FMJ doesn't add any damage to your shots, and I think you may be equipping it to add damage (why FMJ over a grip for your AA12?)

I tested it thoroughly myself.
I think I have already changed it to Grip anyway, FMJ just was the first thing that came with X bashing when a round was starting and couldn't be arsed to change it :lol

Scarecrow

Pyke Presco said:
Disagree completely, I think the M21 is the best rifle in the game. Minimal recoil with a wicked fast firing rate. Yes, it usually takes 2 shots to kill with, but I like it better than any of the others (and you can still land 1 shot kills with stopping power). It also doubles as a battle rifle if you throw an acog on it, where it is leaps and bounds better than the FAL, at least for me. Plus the aesthetics are better than the cardboard box that is a WA2000

WA2000 is almost always a 1 shot kill, for what its worth, but I found I liked having the extra ammo and minimal recoil in case the enemy was moving erratically like they should be if they know theres a sniper watching. I lost a lot of kills trying to use the WA2000 that I know I would have had with an M21 because of the beastly recoil. But to each their own, try them both and see which suits your playstyle better.

Im a big fan of spraying bullets through walls for kills too. I dont hesitate to unload 2 clips if theres someone there, and the M21 is great for long range snipe-spraying through walls.
so far, my experience w/ the two rifles is the exact opposite. I had been using the WA as a carbine of sorts with the cog sight on it.

Pankaks said:
HOLY SHIT :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

So I decided to play Demolition like RJ said and I actually got my first nuke :D. Same map too lol. Bomb timer was at 4 seconds when my nuke went out, whew.
Haha, nice bro. We should team up tonight.

PusherT

Getting a nuke is such a pain in the ass on TDM, here is my story just from today. I was playing team deathmatch on Highrise (PS3) so I start out with my OMA Pro,Danger Pro Close, Grenader set with claymores. I plant a claymor at the bottom of the stairs whicj lead into the building and then I use OMA pro to the same set to get a new claymore and put it by the class window on my other side. Evevything going good I get to 5 kills and then OMA Pro to my RPD set which has Hardline on it boom I get my harriers at 6kills nad then immediatly OMA pro back to my danger close pro set to get the added damage for airships and bombs. Boom 5 kills easy thanks to Harrier + Danger Close Pro. I plant some more claymore on my back end and oma pro again to get another claymore place it my front. Now I'm ready to set my chopper gunner and thanks to Danger Close pro I'm beasting even people with painkiller are easy to kill. All the while i'm not looking at the kill score meter and all of sudden the match ends and I get the last kill with the CG. I was fucking pissed I ended up 23-0 but I wanted my nuke.

OMA pro and Hardline/DC pro/stopping power it works, OMA Pro is the best perk in the game by far:D

F#A#Oo

Banned
Pyke Presco said:

EDIT: If the WA2000 works for you, then stick with it. I used it all throughout my first prestige and wrecked with it, but for the next three I went Barrett->M21, and once the M21 was available I never looked back. But WA2000 is a hell of a gun, and absolutely deadly when it lands shots. I just cant stand the aesthetics of the gun, which is probably the biggest part of why I dont use it.

Reading your post makes me cringe...spray and pray is such a shitty way to play sniper...

Nelo Ice

Banned
man spawning system is so broken

played domination on derail and went like 57-3 and got my highest killstreak of 37 cuz after i got my ac130 i kept killing the other team cuz they kept spawning right by me

the next game it was tdm and i went 47-4 on terminal and using 2 sets of uavs harriers and ac130s
i wish i was using a chopper gunner:lol cuz they refused to take down my harriers/ac130s and would rather take down uavs
btw this was all on ground war

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
I am rocking probably the worst killstreak setup known to man: Counter-UAV, Sentry-Gun, Emergency Airdrop. :lol Stupid killstreak challenges.

Nelo Ice

Banned
RSTEIN said:
I am rocking probably the worst killstreak setup known to man: Counter-UAV, Sentry-Gun, Emergency Airdrop. :lol Stupid killstreak challenges.

u should just go for one of the killstreaks

like when i went for the ac130 emblem i went either uav or predator then harrier then ac130

Nelo Ice said:
man spawning system is so broken

played domination on derail and went like 57-3 and got my highest killstreak of 37 cuz after i got my ac130 i kept killing the other team cuz they kept spawning right by me

the next game it was tdm and i went 47-4 on terminal and using 2 sets of uavs harriers and ac130s
i wish i was using a chopper gunner:lol cuz they refused to take down my harriers/ac130s and would rather take down uavs
btw this was all on ground war

I wish this had been my experience today. I played for about five hours; in that span of time, only two harriers turned themselves into chopper gunners. Everybody seemed all too eager to shoot down my air support. Never got above an 18-streak today. Games seemed unplayably laggy too - I suppose playing during the day on a work day meant I kept getting paired with Europeans.

I suppose I shouldn't complain; my K/D went up .01 today, but dammit I need the nuclear spinners! I tell you what - with 2/10 nukes out of the way, I will absolutely refuse to start prestige 2 until I get the last 8.

And then I will never use the damn nuke again.

Pankaks said:

Yeah, I'm not convinced that the Infini-Tube build is the automatic win-button that it's made out to be. Sure, sometimes it feels like playing on easy mode, but unless your foes like to continually run down the same hallway or out in the open, you have to get lucky with blindfiring in order to really be effective. You'll also get destroyed if you try running around with the tubes active; DI kills are impossible to pull off regularly.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
I hope IW does something about FFA nuke boosting. 2 jerks that are 6th prestige+ "randomly" joins a FFA game and usually ends up with 20 kills and the other has 20 deaths. I have to die 5-10 times searching the map before I find their spot and throw a semtex at them. It's funny once the booster dies and has a hard time trying to finish winning the game with legit kills tho

Anyone else have this problem or am I randomly getting screwed once every 5 games. I'm holding my breath that IW does something about it but I highly doubt it :(

Nelo Ice

Banned
divisionbyzorro said:
I wish this had been my experience today. I played for about five hours; in that span of time, only two harriers turned themselves into chopper gunners. Everybody seemed all too eager to shoot down my air support. Never got above an 18-streak today. Games seemed unplayably laggy too - I suppose playing during the day on a work day meant I kept getting paired with Europeans.

I suppose I shouldn't complain; my K/D went up .01 today, but dammit I need the nuclear spinners! I tell you what - with 2/10 nukes out of the way, I will absolutely refuse to start prestige 2 until I get the last 8.

And then I will never use the damn nuke again.

yeah it was such a relief getting my 10 nukes before i even prestiged and i havent bothered to go for one since even though whenever i play with friends they want to see a nuke :lol

Just had one of my worst games EVER. I was playing GroundWar, Domination on Scrapyard and it started out normal with everyone spamming noob tubes and the like. But the minute the other team captured B everything went straight to hell. The called Airstrikes, Harriers, gunners, EVERYTHING. There were literally airstrikes that struck in a cross simultaneously (i.e One Airstrike comes from the north, other from east, the planes overlapped each other). We came back a bit capturing points narrowing the lead to a tie. Then some dudes calls in not one, not two, but THREE harrier strikes. One is by the little house that has stairs and four windows, other by the "factory" on the other side, and one in the middle. We were getting raped. Chopper gunner comes up and our team is like "You got to be fucking kidding me." And the worst part? We got nuked. Fucking NUKED.

Total Enemy Killstreak awards that I counted (Yes I fucking counted.)
UAV:9 times
Counter-UAV:1
Care Package:17
Predator Missile:5
Sentry Gun: 3
Airstrike:8 (yes fucking eight)
Harriers:9 (Shot down four of them)
Chopper gunner:1
AC130:Wasn't used.
Attack Helicopter:3
Emergency Airdrop:1
EMP:None
Nuke:1, obviously.

Keep in mind this is all in ONE single match. FIX THIS SHIT IW!

Nelo Ice said:
yeah it was such a relief getting my 10 nukes before i even prestiged and i havent bothered to go for one since even though whenever i play with friends they want to see a nuke :lol

When I get nuke 10, there will be loud rejoicing.

I've noticed some interesting behavior regarding teammaking in public lobbies. It seems that the matchmaking system deliberately tries to split up the players without Stingers equally among the teams.

I'm serious! Hop into a public Ground War game. Odds are there will be 2-4 players below level 30. The game will divvy them up equally (parties notwithstanding) every single time, regardless of what prestige level they're at. It's like the game realizes that having players who can't shoot down air support is a liability, and it tries to keep that liability evenly spread out.

TacticalFox88 said:
Just had one of my worst games EVER. I was playing GroundWar, Domination on Scrapyard and it started out normal with everyone spamming noob tubes and the like. But the minute the other team captured B everything went straight to hell. The called Airstrikes, Harriers, gunners, EVERYTHING. There were literally airstrikes that struck in a cross simultaneously (i.e One Airstrike comes from the north, other from east, the planes overlapped each other). We came back a bit capturing points narrowing the lead to a tie. Then some dudes calls in not one, not two, but THREE harrier strikes. One is by the little house that has stairs and four windows, other by the "factory" on the other side, and one in the middle. We were getting raped. Chopper gunner comes up and our team is like "You got to be fucking kidding me." And the worst part? We got nuked. Fucking NUKED.

lol - fix your attack plan, that isn't IW's fault.. It's yours ..

RavenFox

Banned
Had some great domination matches with prestige veterans like myself in the wee hours of morning. So fucking satisfying to play with people that know how to work as a team. My kill ratio and kills went through the roof.

F#A#Oo said:
This guys sums up my experience with MW2...plus he gets a nice nuke.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ethrellik88#p/u/5/WqhtYfsTdwc

Btw it's something I ask myself everytime I play Karachi...but why are there gun turrets in such shitty places at both ends of the starting spawn point? I always think it's for spawn camping or something but no their just useless...
That dude is a horrible player and he's playing against tards. I could have gotten all 7 Harrier kills by B alone in the beginning..

F#A#Oo said:
This guys sums up my experience with MW2...plus he gets a nice nuke.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ethrellik88#p/u/5/WqhtYfsTdwc

Btw it's something I ask myself everytime I play Karachi...but why are there gun turrets in such shitty places at both ends of the starting spawn point? I always think it's for spawn camping or something but no their just useless...
That guy's no good.

And about the Karachi thing, I honestly think it's IW's shitty spawn system's fault. IW probably expected those spots to be used, but now the only things you find there are boosters.

TacticalFox88 said:

What's to fix? You were on a shitty team and you got owned.

OMGLOL A LLAMA said:
D: I got spawned on an allie's care package marker.
GUESS WHAT HAPPENED :<

?

Nizz

Damn, I'm gonna go through MW2 withdrawal. I think my PS3 just went to shit. Was playing TDM and the console just turned off. Tried to turn it on but all I got was a flashing/blinking red light.

I managed to eject the disc though. But looks like I'll be calling Sony customer service. 60g lasted me from June 07 till now. Shit...

kuYuri

fps fanatic said:
Damn, I'm gonna go through MW2 withdrawal. I think my PS3 just went to shit. Was playing TDM and the console just turned off. Tried to turn it on but all I got was a flashing/blinking red light.

I managed to eject the disc though. But looks like I'll be calling Sony customer service. 60g lasted me from June 07 till now. Shit...

:(

Proc

I just finished up three starring alpha and bravo tonight with a buddy of mine.

Spec ops really didn't get enough praise from the press.

What an awesome mode.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
New best game score, 79-3 on Favela Domination.

bfiewz.jpg

Dudes sent me message saying how much of a fag I was for using aim-bots and infinite ammo mods. People just can't accept when others have good games.

Got my second nuke just a bit ago on Favela. :D I think I'll get all ten on this prestige then move on. I'm level 51, so I got a while to go. Getting eight more shouldn't be too difficult. :)

PatzCU

LeMaximilian said:
New best game score, 79-3 on Favela Domination.

bfiewz.jpg

Dudes sent me message saying how much of a fag I was for using aim-bots and infinite ammo mods. People just can't accept when others have good games.

This is exactly why I only play TDM. 79-3 in any other playlist doesn't demonstrate anything but your ability to sit between objectives and pick people off.

Top Bottom