• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

kaizoku said:
maybe it was karma for me defending this game, but I got completely destroyed for hours tonight. just kept going back for more and getting pulverised. Maybe I was having a bad connection day or my fingers just weren't feeling up to the task but that was the worst I've felt at this game in ages.

I also noticed the first aspect of this game which just felt like cheating. after tonight I'd say it was broken.

tactical knife.

stupidest shit I have ever seen. there's no counter for it, I dunno if there was some kind of patch or changes made but I have never seen anything like it in any game ever, including this one, where I've seen tactical knives before but they seemed fine then, maybe people have just figured out how to use them properly.

these guys were whizzing around like the flash and there was no delay between stabs. Guys could regularly run at a group of us all trying to shoot him, and stab stab stab stab, no pause. It was like a streetfighter combo, dead before we could even adjust our camera or pull the trigger. With ninja equipped there was literally no defense against it. they'd be running into rooms from behind and clearing everyone out before you had any idea.

on maps like favela guys would stab someone in front of you, you'd chase him round a corner only for him to appear behind you and stab you before you know it cos he jumped on the roof and ran round and dropped back down.

check out the kills in this video, the double kill at 1.30 is an example of how fast this is, and it feels like its catching on because loads of people were using it tonight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAzuF0pZWeg

I've seen guys do well with knife classes before, but I always felt like I could counter them, or that they had lots of luck. But today I felt helpless it wasn't just the one guy in one game either. It was lots of guys in lots of different games.

half our matches were ruined by these guys dominating with this, the other half we had to deal with lame ass campers, who admittedly were really good but not very fun to play with.

many more nights like tonight and I think I will quickly move onto my next game. monstrous players that you just dont wanna play with, who have obviously spent days honing their skills and feel the need to boast about it afterwards combined with really boring tactics. I mean its sabotage, the bomb is off to the side somewhere and all these guys care about is sniping the opposite building on highrise or camping outside the windows waiting for us to come out to try and get the bomb. LAME.

People suck.

If someone moved faster than you can track him, there is a good chance he's using the care package grenade instead of tactical knife.

fuck tactical knife + ninja pro, it's a care package grenade runner with commando pro you should scared off. Screws up the netcode too if you're unlucky, so you won't even see one when he's running right at you.

The default runner class is fine, imo. you get kills, but you're not unstoppable and will be countered by a team that works together. The CP grenade is pretty much unstoppable though.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Nelo Ice said:
how do u get the bear emblem!?

Finish Multi-Frag. I hate frags, if only it were semtex. I used frags on my way to 70 initially some of the time, but didn't at all after prestiging. It's tough to finish, as I finished Master Chef with frags without finishing this challenge.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Brazil said:
It's kind of hard to describe. I love the way it works close-range, but I loathe its accuracy for long-range shootings. I've tried some of the LMG models available and liked the accuracy, but they take too many shots to kill someone.

AUG + Grip.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Procarbine said:
Finish Multi-Frag. I hate frags, if only it were semtex. I used frags on my way to 70 initially some of the time, but didn't at all after prestiging. It's tough to finish, as I finished Master Chef with frags without finishing this challenge.

yeah same here i finished up master chef before prestiging and i havent used frags since :lol

Am I the only one who likes the M21 EBR Sniper Rifle? I can run around with it as if it were a normal Assault Rifle and get just as many kills as I would with an actual Assault Rifle. Even if I use it for it's intended use, I still think it's as good, or if not, better than any other sniper. It seems easier to pull off headshots with it, so maybe that's why. After only an hour of use, I unlocked the Urban camo for it.

Anyway, a good setup with the M21 is Bling Pro with ACOG and FMJ, Stopping Power Pro, and Steady Aim Pro. That's what I use now and I can't seem to give it up.

Yeef

kaizoku said:
I haven't unlocked tactical knife yet and regular commando pro knife always loses. shotgun would be my normal counter but just wasn't working today, but maybe that was down to me just having an off day or something.

I can deal with commando lunge, but this no delay superfast stab bullshit was absurd.
Tac knife with Magnum, Marathon, Lightweight and Ninja is one of the default classes (First Recon, I think). It's amazing how many people ignore the default classes in this game. They're very useful, especially if you're just starting out/starting a new prestige since they have things like cold-blooded and ninja and other useful stuff that you don't unlock until later.

sturmdogg

I just Prestiged for the first time and it feels weird not to use the loadouts I usually use.

But the bright side is I discovered the power of the LMG...killed 2-3 people in one burst a couple of times last night....mwahahahaha

Yeef said:
Tac knife with Magnum, Marathon, Lightweight and Ninja is one of the default classes (First Recon, I think). It's amazing how many people ignore the default classes in this game. They're very useful, especially if you're just starting out/starting a new prestige since they have things like cold-blooded and ninja and other useful stuff that you don't unlock until later.

even the riot shield class is pretty good. Would be better without the akimbo though.
(I've discovered the PP2000 on my prestige. Holy shit at the range and damage of that thing. G18's may be lethal in close quarters -yes, another runner class, but it's fun- , but they are so weak and inaccurate compared to the pp2000...)

scoobs

corkscrewblow said:
impact

and just for lolz:
2.68 K/D
2.56 W/L
15.86 acc

PS3 version?? i had a 2.9 K/D ratio on the ps3 version but i quit playing it once i bought the PC version. My roommate has brought my K/D ratio down to like... less than 2 now i think lol

winnarps

Oh man. Used that OMA/Noobtube build tonight.

Once Danger Close Pro is unlocked, your killstreaks do so much more damage. I think that's the most dangerous part of the entire setup. Harriers kill in 1-2 bullets and the explosion rounds from the Chopper Gunner are extremely lethal. I also think the explosion radius of the Predator Missile is increased, but I could be wrong.

Sometimes I'll watch the killcam and see myself suffer absolutely impossible deaths. Like they'll land one or two shots from an assault rifle then I'll fall behind cover is simply too thick to shoot even FMJ through and see their white cross hair for 5 more bullets. I was on the stairs outside of the long tunnel on Skidrow and a guy supposedly shot me through about 40 feet of the roof of the tunnel and the edge of the stairs above it. It's like the game can't calculate that I'm no longer anywhere near his sights fast enough and just gives him the hits anyway. It's almost laughable if it weren't so broken.

I just don't get it.

Insaniac

nothing infuriates me more than this situation:

Round corner, encounter enemy, Pull up shotgun, fire blast, I die.

watch killcam. See my shotgun NOT FIRE.

Oh and is there some sort of glitch with shotgun hit detection? Cause i've had a few situations where i watch the killcam and I watch the slugs fly right through the enemy and he doesn't get it. WTF

Insaniac said:

Or worse, round counter looking down sights of Famas, encounter enemy, pull the trigger, all 3 rounds hit enemy chest as enemy lunges at me and stabs me. Awesome job Infinity Ward. You might as well throw in a chainsaw attachment for all the guns. I hope you're embarrassed by this mess.

Jonsoncao

Banned
bought the PS3 version several days ago to give it a try, feel so naked in MP now, after 4 matches, KD was like 45-35, cant do 30-2 like monsterous matches as playing xbox....

Is it me or DS3's analog sticks too shitty to hold tight...esp when sweat comes out from my hands...

Jonsoncao said:
bought the PS3 version several days ago to give it a try, feel so naked in MP now, after 4 matches, KD was like 45-35, cant do 30-2 like monsterous matches as playing xbox....

Is it me or DS3's analog sticks too shitty to hold tight...esp when sweat comes out from my hands...
Yes, dear God, the ps3 controller sucks ass. I used to defend the shit out of my DS3, but the 360 controller shits all over it (sans D-pad, obv.). The 360 sticks are amazing compared to the DS3.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Insaniac said:

Oh and is there some sort of glitch with shotgun hit detection? Cause i've had a few situations where i watch the killcam and I watch the slugs fly right through the enemy and he doesn't get it. WTF
Multiple times I've stabbed somebody and dug right into their chest, then I died of getting stabbed. Killcam shows that I barely even lunged at the guy. :-|

Nelo Ice

Banned
damn its way to easy to rack up kills in dom

i capped C on afghan and all the other team had left was A so i was just sitting there defending the cliffside and they couldnt kill me as i went 40-9 :lol

HappyDad

Neo Member
Insaniac said:

Get a better ISP. My K/D improved from 1.26 to 1.72 between COD4 and MW2. I don't think, my skills got that much improved between the two games. At least, I don't have those "I swear that I shot but killcam showed me sitting still" case any more.

Just scored a 7 killstreak using the minigun in Invasion :lol
Holy shit that thing is useful lol

Err, not Invasion.......the other urban one lol

tiddles

Brazil said:
It's kind of hard to describe. I love the way it works close-range, but I loathe its accuracy for long-range shootings. I've tried some of the LMG models available and liked the accuracy, but they take too many shots to kill someone.

TAR-21? Good power and rate of fire, not brilliant at very long ranges because of its recoil but still a step up from the UMP.

kitch9

Banned
BolognaSoup said:
Sometimes I'll watch the killcam and see myself suffer absolutely impossible deaths. Like they'll land one or two shots from an assault rifle then I'll fall behind cover is simply too thick to shoot even FMJ through and see their white cross hair for 5 more bullets. I was on the stairs outside of the long tunnel on Skidrow and a guy supposedly shot me through about 40 feet of the roof of the tunnel and the edge of the stairs above it. It's like the game can't calculate that I'm no longer anywhere near his sights fast enough and just gives him the hits anyway. It's almost laughable if it weren't so broken.

I just don't get it.

Lag, the whole internetz has it.

Jonsoncao said:

I don't think it was the DS3 to blame seeing as everybody else will have been using a uhm......you know.....DS3 too.

Insaniac said:

Lag - sometimes it goes your way, sometimes it doesn't.

snap0212

Jonsoncao said:

It's you... There really is nothing more to say about it. Get used to the controller and everything will be fine.

Is there a way to smooth the pc version on ATI cards after the 91fps limit?I have a HD5870 and althought the app FRAPS says is constant in 91fps the game feels more choppy when you could disable this limit....

God damn it I hate it when my stinger misses the harrier. Today in wasteland I tried hitting the harrier with my stinger and it missed twice WTF...

Also, more people should be carrying stingers. I hate it when I'm the only one trying to take down pavelows, apaches and other helis

btw, with how many bullets does the ac130 go down? I shot it 3 stinger missiles and nothing happened

Nelo Ice

Banned
salva said:
God damn it I hate it when my stinger misses the harrier. Today in wasteland I tried hitting the harrier with my stinger and it missed twice WTF...

Also, more people should be carrying stingers. I hate it when I'm the only one trying to take down pavelows, apaches and other helis

btw, with how many bullets does the ac130 go down? I shot it 3 stinger missiles and nothing happened

it only takes 1 stinger missle but its flares make it a pain in the ass to shoot down unless someone else also has a stinger ready to shoot right after its flares go out

DarkJC

Brazil said:

RPD will kill in 2 shots with stopping power.

Hanmik

salva said:

Use sleight of hand pro as a perk.. Fire your stinger, quickly switch to primary weapon, and fire away. Then the bullets from the primary weapon release the flares, and the stinger hits.. this works 9 out of 10 times.. I have a Air Support down setup that works for me all the time.

Primary: Your favourite gun.
Secondary: Stinger (or another rocket launcher if it suits you better).
Equipment: Whatever you like.
Grenade: Smoke (so you can hide behind the smoke, when you try to take down air support)
Perk 1: Sleight of hand pro (so you can aim faster, and reload faster)
Perk 2: Cold Blooded pro (invisible to airsupport)
Perk 3: whatever you like.

Maybe sleight of hand does not help me, but I like to think so.. :D

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Zeitgeister said:
If someone moved faster than you can track him, there is a good chance he's using the care package grenade instead of tactical knife.

fuck tactical knife + ninja pro, it's a care package grenade runner with commando pro you should scared off. Screws up the netcode too if you're unlucky, so you won't even see one when he's running right at you.

The default runner class is fine, imo. you get kills, but you're not unstoppable and will be countered by a team that works together. The CP grenade is pretty much unstoppable though.

I've come across the CP grenade knifers before and yes they were hard to stop; running around like friggin anime characters, but I did ok with a shotgun and knowing they were coming. but thats a glitch which is being exploited by dicks so its not really a bit of the game which feels unbalanced.

I seriously had ten times more trouble with the tactical knife + marathon/lightweight/ninja combo, possibly because lag was bad last night, but normally when someone gets stabbed in front of me, I know the knifer has just given up his life for that kill, cos I'm about to blast him - but I was dead before I could even pull the trigger most of the time.

maybe this guy was just that good with the knife that I was traumatized by the whole thing resulting in me playing shit all night. Fucking Knife raped.

Hanmik said:
Use sleight of hand pro as a perk.. Fire your stinger, quickly switch to primary weapon, and fire away. Then the bullets from the primary weapon release the flares, and the stinger hits.. this works 9 out of 10 times.. I have a Air Support down setup that works for me all the time.

Primary: Your favourite gun.
Secondary: Stinger (or another rocket launcher if it suits you better).
Equipment: Whatever you like.
Grenade: Smoke (so you can hide behind the smoke, when you try to take down air support)
Perk 1: Sleight of hand pro (so you can aim faster, and reload faster)
Perk 2: Cold Blooded pro (invisible to airsupport)
Perk 3: whatever you like.

Maybe sleight of hand does not help me, but I like to think so.. :D

I'll one up you.

Lock onto the AC130 with a stinger. Keep it locked on, and it will drop flares. Then you shoot.

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
i witnessed one of the most disheartening things ever in MW2 earlier today. Some kid (complete with squeaky voice) on my team was screaming into his microphone cos he'd finally gotten a nuke after a week of trying. It kinda hurt my ears but I couldn't be angry at him because I could tell how happy and pumped he was.

As the nuke was counting down....... The host (whom i believe did so deliberately) left and the game was unable to find a knew one. What a prick.

BolognaSoup said:
Or worse, round counter looking down sights of Famas, encounter enemy, pull the trigger, all 3 rounds hit enemy chest as enemy lunges at me and stabs me. Awesome job Infinity Ward. You might as well throw in a chainsaw attachment for all the guns. I hope you're embarrassed by this mess.

I remember reading Bungie's lengthy article on how they altered the sword collisions in Halo 3. They wrote up a huge article about how their initial implementation was absolutely, perfectly correct, but had zero compensation for lag. They then fully agreed that it was more important to be "fair" than to be "correct." So they changed it to where if you both executed killing moves within a reasonable lag delay, you both died.

The obvious fix here is to do the same with knifes, lags, and commando. We've all seen the movie where the hero gets shot in the chest but still manages to fall on the villain and stab him through the heart. Let the same thing happen here.

If I see you and shoot you on my screen before you knife me (accounting for a reasonable amount of lag), we should both die. Each of us will get credit for that kill on our current killstreak, so if we're both 1 kill off of our next bonus, we will still get that bonus.

huacst21 said:
I'll one up you.

Lock onto the AC130 with a stinger. Keep it locked on, and it will drop flares. Then you shoot.

I don't believe this.

Aurora

I hate people getting the nuke as it is, so if some little 12 year old kid was having on orgasm over his first nuke and I was host I would instanly turn off my 360 and kill the match.

i_am_ben said:
i witnessed one of the most disheartening things ever in MW2 earlier today. Some kid (complete with squeaky voice) on my team was screaming into his microphone cos he'd finally gotten a nuke after a week of trying. It kinda hurt my ears but I couldn't be angry at him because I could tell how happy and pumped he was.

As the nuke was counting down....... The host (whom i believe did so deliberately) left and the game was unable to find a knew one. What a prick.

It was you wasn't it, go on, admit it, you spoiled that poor kids day. :lol

i_am_ben said:

I've never understood why the game doesn't cheat here. Once the nuke is called in, the game is completely over. Even if the host disconnects, the game should pretend that nothing happened and have the nuke countdown continue. Everyone is going to see the same thing anyway - at that point, you don't even really need a host! Just simulate the end of the match and dump everybody back to the lobby afterwards.

That almost happened to me last night. I had two nukes back-to-back, and during the countdown of the second one, the host quit. Fortunately the migration was successful - I would have been pissed otherwise.

Aurora said:
I hate people getting the nuke as it is, so if some little 12 year old kid was having on orgasm over his first nuke and I was host I would instanly turn off my 360 and kill the match.

They have a word for people like you. It's asshole.

Xux

MG4's a pretty cool gun; it's like an ACR with an 100 round sack-thing and no range penalty and...seven or eight times the reload time. Still moppin' fools wit' it even if I'm out of the game for six seconds every eighty or ninety bullets. Can't wait 'til I get OMA pro and knock that down to three seconds. :lol

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Aurora said:
If they didn't boost to get the nuke, why ruin it for them? Pretty lame, even if they are talking shit. Unless they verbally assaulted you the entire game or something, I'd just let the bomb drop.

I'm also at the point now where I can't see myself using any other loadouts ever again. There is a primary that works best for me, and a secondary that works best for me, and a build (and build variant) that works for me.

Primary: SCAR w/Silencer
Secondary: AA-12 w/Grip
Equipment: Semtex
Special: Flashbang
Perk1: Scavenger Pro
Perk2: Cold-Blooded Pro or Stopping Power Pro (depending on map size)
Perk3: Ninja Pro

The SCAR's iron sights are second to none, allowing me to not need Bling to aim effectively while using a silencer. The power and accuracy are top notch. Once you get used to it's clip size and pair it with Scavenger, it's the perfect gun (for me).

The AA-12 is just a pure monster with the grip. You will ruin people in CQC and have plenty of ammo in the clip to run through 2-3 people before you need to reload.

Scavenger is a needed perk for me, as (and I'm not bragging) I typically run through my regular clip size before dying, so I'm stuck either using a second-hand gun or relying on my secondary. Having constant Semtex for use is another great benefit, as I consider myself pretty masterful at placing grenades.

Cold-Blooded is my go-to second perk, as I thrive on the element of surprise. It's why I use a silencer and it's why I use Ninja Pro. If I can get at a guy without him knowing I'm there, or delay his initial reaction to my presence, I have the upper hand. I'll use Stopping Power only in Terminal and Highrise, as air support and positional information is not nearly as important as the ability to dispatch people quickly, as you'll be in constant contact. There isn't much hiding in those levels.

Ninja Pro (to me) is an absolute necessity. Sound is too major a factor of my game, and being able to hear others better while being nearly silent myself is the biggest advantage I could ever give myself.

I can't snipe well.
My speed build usually gets me killed more than it gets me kills.

That's my build, for better or worse.

Changed up my callsign to show off my new baby:

callsign-generatorphp-1.png

If only I hadn't "wasted" all that time with the M4 (still a great gun) or the ACR (what was I thinking?) I could have the super SCAR-H title. Not sure if I'd rock the golden prestige SCAR-H title, though, as I don't really like the look of those (silver ones looks better, visually).

mbmonk

RubxQub said:
Scavenger is a needed perk for me, as (and I'm not bragging) I typically run through my regular clip size before dying, so I'm stuck either using a second-hand gun or relying on my secondary. Having constant Semtex for use is another great benefit, as I consider myself pretty masterful at placing grenades.

Are you sure you aren't bragging? :lol

Just messing with you. I ran that same load out quite a bit. My problem with any 1 load out is I get bored of it, and then look for something new.

I was addicted to the Scar and now it's not even on one of my custom classes. Mostly because I am working on challenges with other weapons, not because the Scar is an inferior weapon. That gun is a beast :)

Top Bottom