• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Xux

RdN said:
Is it just me or it's really annoying to get FMJ kills? I now have about 4 weapons missing the FMJ to get the mastery and I just can't get it. :(

Fences count--chain link ones, not just wood ones; Skidrow and Sub Base are good levels for it.

Mush

Hey GAF, what's everyone's opinion on the AUG HBAR? I personally love the damn thing. I roll with a Foregrip, Slight of Hand, Stopping Power and atm Sitrep (>_< such a bitch to do) and Fall camo which makes it fucking sexy (no boosting I swear). Anyone else use it?

Fitz

Mush said:
Hey GAF, what's everyone's opinion on the AUG HBAR? I personally love the damn thing. I roll with a Foregrip, Slight of Hand, Stopping Power and atm Sitrep (>_< such a bitch to do) and Fall camo which makes it fucking sexy (no boosting I swear). Anyone else use it?

All the time, definantly one of my favourite weapons, the sheer accuracy (with the grip) and the power are amazing, the fact that its very useable at shorter ranges makes it so much better. I was using it quite a lot on Highrise last night, shooting from one office to the other was cake.

Pulka

Damn Estate.

I played Team Deathmatch on Afghan, got 22-2 I think, then Scrapyard , about the same score, pretty good for me.
Then Estate comes up. 3-15. ;__;
I get out of the lobby, search for another match, Estate again, 5-16.
Damn snipers all over the map, and campers in every corner.
I don't like Estate.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
everytime I get the AC130 I suck at it :angryface

wish there was some kind of training mode for that, I had one session before which was slightly laggy or something and I got zero kills with it.

anyone know a good source for learning about it? the various fire modes and so on? Would love to actually know how to use it.

wud

Neo Member
kaizoku said:

wish there was some kind of training mode for that, I had one session before which was slightly laggy or something and I got zero kills with it.

anyone know a good source for learning about it? the various fire modes and so on? Would love to actually know how to use it.

Once the gun you're using starts reloading, switch to the next one straight away. By the time you come back around it'll be ready to use again, its a case of trying to use the big gun as much as possible, the other 2 aren't particularly good. It's amazing at downing harriers and choppers though, you can own the sky with it

however if you're at a poor angle and people are indoors it's not really effective. Chopper gunner is far better as an 11 kill-streak reward, though the plane DOES take 3 stingers to down.

Lince

Banned
whenever I'm playing in a party (with me as party leader) matchmaking always finds a 60-70ms game but playing alone I can never find one below 100ms... what gives? the difference between 3 and 4 green bars is brutal. I have open NAT, 20mb download / 5mb upload, wired non-shared connection... Counter Strike Source games are always 15-20ms for me, Warhawk is 35-40ms (UK servers) so I don't understand this huge difference with MW2.

kaizoku said:

The trick is to constantly be switching between the weapons with Y. And you've gotta lead your targets, especially when using the rail gun.

Raiden

Banned
Mush said:

It is my best weapon in the game, i got my K/D ratio up to 1.44 with it. But got tired of playing with it, slow reload(i used red dot sight and grip) and slow movement is boring at times.

GodofWine said:
AK-47 is beastly...it has the recoil of a fire hose though...but I swear I got one hit kills from some pretty good distances

Yes, the AK-47 is godly. Once you get use to the recoil, its a great weapon of choice. I prefer using my AK-47 without a red-dot or holosight, the iron sight is perfect!

i_am_ben said:
just played against a team that was using the new care package glitch in Rundown...

my team annihilated them. 200-10.

I shot down 5 helicopters :D thanks for the points arseholes!

edit: its some guy by the name of Watch_it_

a level 70 10th prestige ( i think. he has the skull one)

New care package glitch, what does that one involve, you dont mean the fast running one do you?

bobs99 ... said:
New care package glitch, what does that one involve, you dont mean the fast running one do you?

No, its another of the infinite drop ones. It was posted a couple of pages back. With the marker in hand, mantle an object and press d-pad right twice. If the marker is still in your hand afterwards, throw it, pick up the crate, call in support and theres another package ready. Repeat ad infinitum.

Another one for you IW!

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
bobs99 ... said:

At first it was all fun and games. However, on the larger maps its extremely destructive.

Pyke Presco said:
No, its another of the infinite drop ones. It was posted a couple of pages back. With the marker in hand, mantle an object and press d-pad right twice. If the marker is still in your hand afterwards, throw it, pick up the crate, call in support and theres another package ready. Repeat ad infinitum.

Another one for you IW!

Oh wow, and thats a easy one to do - im hoping for a patch for that!

Who actually uses care packages though?

Ive found that theyre really unreliable, and prone to making you a big target (which can work in your favour - but not if it gets you killed before you get your chopper gunner or whatever lol) its much better to just get a few more kills and garuntee the rewards you want

The only reason I would use care packages is for the christmas feeling they bring - ooh what suprise are they dropping for me now :D

thechemist

I got a question guys, which assault rifles require or are much better with stopping power? and which ones doesn't it really matter with? I always need to roll with SP with the ACR.

wud

Neo Member
bobs99 ... said:
Oh wow, and thats a easy one to do - im hoping for a patch for that!

Who actually uses care packages though?

Ive found that theyre really unreliable, and prone to making you a big target (which can work in your favour - but not if it gets you killed before you get your chopper gunner or whatever lol) its much better to just get a few more kills and garuntee the rewards you want

The only reason I would use care packages is for the christmas feeling they bring - ooh what suprise are they dropping for me now :D

everyone uses carepackages :lol

I know ive bitched about them being used in S&D but if you're loosing by a few rounds getting a care package with a chopper/ac130 in is a guaranteed round win

aku:jiki said:
What? Like 80% of the people who play this game? :lol

Why though?

If you can get the kills to garuntee you can get predator which could lead upto chopper gunner quite easily, why take the risk with the randomness of the care package?

I just hate the things cos of the soundclip that plays when a enemy steals yours :lol

Care packages in something like SD is clearly a good choice, I mean team deathmatch/ domination etc

bobs99 ... said:
Why though?

If you can get the kills to garuntee you can get predator which could lead upto chopper gunner quite easily, why take the risk with the randomness of the care package?

I just hate the things cos of the soundclip that plays when a enemy steals yours :lol

Care packages in something like SD is clearly a good choice, I mean team deathmatch/ domination etc
I agree with you. Not only the randomness, but also I found that I was getting targeted more often than not just by calling in the care package as it's pretty much a homing beacon saying "Enemy Here!".

Of course with this glitch, I'd imagine more and more people will switch to it until it's patched.

Fitz

Seems like the new care package bug has been fixed, on PC at least, patch 1.0.180. Never actually experienced it myself.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
GodofWine said:
AK-47 is beastly...it has the recoil of a fire hose though...but I swear I got one hit kills from some pretty good distances
I played with a guy using a silenced AK last night and he was owning. Makes the recoil much more manageable.

Kyzer

Banned
Just went 42-7 last night on Wasteland, and almost got a nuke within the first 3 minutes of a match on Derail.

I use

FAMAS!
Silencer.

Sleight of Hand.
Stopping Power.
Commando.

I used to use Bling and a Heartbeat sensor, but omg that was tooooo easy.

X26

Banned
Assembly Required said:
Yes, the AK-47 is godly. Once you get use to the recoil, its a great weapon of choice. I prefer using my AK-47 without a red-dot or holosight, the iron sight is perfect!

Yea my favorite AR by far, AK47 + any non sight attachment, was the same for me in cod4

Always sucks to have to let it go for prestiges though

shermas

Kyzer said:
Just went 42-7 last night on Wasteland, and almost got a nuke within the first 3 minutes of a match on Derail.

I use

FAMAS!
Silencer.

Sleight of Hand.
Stopping Power.
Commando.

I used to use Bling and a Heartbeat sensor, but omg that was tooooo easy.

don't you run out of ammo? i pretty much have to use scavenger with all my set ups.

also, i forgot, what does Bling Pro get you?

Kyzer

Banned
shermas said:
don't you run out of ammo? i pretty much have to use scavenger with all my set ups.

also, i forgot, what does Bling Pro get you?

I believe it's 2 secondary attachments? I don't remember.

And not really, with the Famas one 3-round burst wrecks, 9 rounds is the most I ever use on any particular person. In fact, I was unable to manage ammo to get killstreaks when I first started playing, and switching to the Famas made it much easier. Sometimes I just gotta remember to pick up somebodys gun along the way and replace my secondary. But I always forget =(

But then again. I have something like a 22% accuracy. So who knows.

bobs99 ... said:
Why though?

Dropping a chopper gunner after the first combat of the round is a sure fire way to crush the opposition. Seriously, hardline and a grenade launcher can give you a care package in the first 10 seconds of the round, and with some luck(Pavelow, AC130, Chopper Gunner) you can pretty much put the enemy team down by 20 kills within the first minute. At that point its next to impossible to come back. The more shit that goes in the air the easier it is to win the game, unless the other team is really good at dropping air support/all use coldblooded.

My very first game I ever played I got a care package within a minute of the round starting and pulled out an AC130 on Afghan. I proceeded to get 12 kills with it while the rest of my team killed people on the ground, and after the 30 second air control we were up by 17 kills. We won the game, and as soon as I hit level 10 or 11 or whatever to unlock a streak I chose the AC130. It was so unfair it's not even funny. Admittedly, people are a little bit better about shooting down air support than they were in November, but it still works more often that it should. Care packages, when they are good, can completely change the flow of a round.

Sealda

Banned
Scavenger- Not needed for the average player

Lets say your KDR is 1.0-2.0 or lower. Why would you want to use Scavenger? Its a perk that is only useful if your camping for a long time period, for instance when your out after a Nuke. Otherwise its a perk that is useless 50+ % of the time, since i doubt you run out of ammo every life. On the other hand Sleight Of Hand Pro or Bling are perks that are used 100 % every life.

Let say you need to use Scavenger even though you rarely get more than 3-4 killstreaks. Then i must say that you are doing something very wrong. All weapons ammo should last at-least till your first Predator. Why waste Perk 1 on a perk that only is useful for Tactical Nukers. I am never using Scavenger. I still can get AC130s like nothing. My ammo in most weapons is enough for at-least 5 kills, then i have the harrier strike and during the whole streak i always finds new weapons from dead enemies. Yes! You can pick them up and use em. Also, with TMP you will not need to pick up any since it will give you at-least 2-3 kills. Sure Scavenger is good when your out of ammo but seriously how often does that honestly happens, is it happening more than 50 % of the time. Scavenger is a perk that always gives you ammo so its easy to get blind and think you really need Scavenger all the time just because your ammo is being refilled every minute.

A Scavenger guy will be able to refill his weapon when he is out of ammo. "Around 5 kills with most ARs". If he do not run out of ammo, the perk have been absolutely useless. I doubt you are getting 5 kills every spawn and i doubt you are just so bad at aiming that you wastes 5-7 possibilities to kill a person every spawn, you are normally killed if you fail to shoot the other guy.

A Sleight Of Hand Pro guy will be able to enjoy his perk 100 % of the time. He will be able to aim faster and therefore shoot more accurate faster. A bling guy will be able to have 2 attachments every spawn and therefore use the Perk 100 %. Any other Perk 1 is better than Scavenger most of the time.

Kyzer

Banned
Sealda said:
Scavenger- Not needed for the average player

Lets say your KDR is 1.0-2.0 or lower. Why would you want to use Scavenger? Its a perk that is only useful if your camping for a long time period, for instance when your out after a Nuke. Otherwise its a perk that is useless 50+ % of the time, since i doubt you run out of ammo every life. On the other hand Sleight Of Hand Pro or Bling are perks that are used 100 % every life.

Let say you need to use Scavenger even though you rarely get more than 3-4 killstreaks. Then i must say that you are doing something very wrong. All weapons ammo should last at-least till your first Predator. Why waste Perk 1 on a perk that only is useful for Tactical Nukers. I am never using Scavenger. I still can get AC130s like nothing. My ammo in most weapons is enough for at-least 5 kills, then i have the harrier strike and during the whole streak i always finds new weapons from dead enemies. Yes! You can pick them up and use em. Also, with TMP you will not need to pick up any since it will give you at-least 2-3 kills. Sure Scavenger is good when your out of ammo but seriously how often does that honestly happens, is it happening more than 50 % of the time. Scavenger is a perk that always gives you ammo so its easy to get blind and think you really need Scavenger all the time just because your ammo is being refilled every minute.

A Scavenger guy will be able to refill his weapon when he is out of ammo. "Around 5 kills with most ARs". If he do not run out of ammo, the perk have been absolutely useless. I doubt you are getting 5 kills every spawn and i doubt you are just so bad at aiming that you wastes 5-7 possibilities to kill a person every spawn, you are normally killed if you fail to shoot the other guy.

A Sleight Of Hand Pro guy will be able to enjoy his perk 100 % of the time. He will be able to aim faster and therefore shoot more accurate faster. A bling guy will be able to have 2 attachments every spawn and therefore use the Perk 100 %. Any other Perk 1 is better than Scavenger most of the time.

The flaw in your theory is Scavenger Pro.

jedimike

Mush said:

The worst "bad" habit I have in MW2 is always bringing my sites up.... are the LMG's slower to site than the AR's? I want to use the AUG, but I fear my bad habit will much more detrimental with the LMG class.

End_of_Line.jpg

That's right baby: I got two more nukes this morning. I'm now at five - I'm halfway there!

By the way, I can't believe how awful the Apache is on Terminal against the Alpha spawn in Domination. After watching the video posted here earlier, I tried it out today, and it absolutely wrecks. They have no chance whatsoever. If you're playing domination, and you only have Alpha, you're screwed if you don't take down the Apache immediately.

Proc said:
god damn nuke boosters

I just ran into one on PS3 called mikesens1. Once I found out he got no more then left the game. I basically don't believe any nuke I see anymore is legit I laugh at all of the people using the emblems they got from boosting. Seriously, how pathetic does your life have to be?

I really wish they would reset all these people back to 0 and strip away EVERYTHING they've unlocked.

shermas

jedimike said:
Depends on how you play... scavenger is essential for claymores and noob tubing.

i do like setting random claymores while i'm running around, so maybe that's why i find myself always using scavenger. i'm a slight of hand/scavenger fan. never really use the other two 1st perks. not a big tuber, though... unless i get annoyed with the other team.

Scavenger gets me lots of new smoke grenades which really helps in Domination. I also spam choke points with gunfire a lot (maps like Skidrow and Terminal) and get so many kills that way. Couldn't do that without Scavenger.

When I rank back up enough to get One Many Army, I stop using Scavenger though. OMA is my Scavenger.

Famas
OMA Pro
Stopping Power

get 3 kills, switch to:

Famas
OMA Pro
Hardline

get 1 kill, switch to:

Famas
OMA Pro
Danger Close Pro

call in predator, call in harrier, call in chopper gunner.

Rinse and repeat.

paskowitz

For anyone that has not tried it...

Perks
Bling Pro
Lightweight Pro
Commando Pro
Pain Killer

Weapons
UMP (Silencer+holo sight)
G18 (Akimbo+Extended Mags)
C4
Stun

This class absolutely WRECKS on Skidrow and basically all small maps. The G18's are like an AA12 with a massive clip. Once you figure out how to control the kick its godly. First there is the sound. Its terrifying. Then there is the shear amount of lead on target and the length of time that lead is constantly flowing. You can't miss. In fact there are so many bullets flying I always end up getting a headshot from a stray bullet. Lightweight pro also lets me sprint and aim almost instantly and with the G18 well there simply is no hope. When I need to deal with longer range targets I simply switch to the ridiculously powerful UMP. Honestly give it a try.

ARGH the matchmaking in this game is SO BROKEN.

And don't even get me started on the spawns. I just played a game where I spawned into death 5 times in a row. My first spawn, I spawned within the reach of the enemy's shotgun. Before I know what hit me, I'm dead. Then I spawn four more times in the back of Sub Base when they have two guys around the corner from C, one down the long stretch that goes to A and two up on top of the building. I am killed instantly 4 more times. What the FUCK was Infinity Ward thinking? This game is so fucking broken.

divisionbyzorro said:
End_of_Line.jpg

That's right baby: I got two more nukes this morning. I'm now at five - I'm halfway there!

By the way, I can't believe how awful the Apache is on Terminal against the Alpha spawn in Domination. After watching the video posted here earlier, I tried it out today, and it absolutely wrecks. They have no chance whatsoever. If you're playing domination, and you only have Alpha, you're screwed if you don't take down the Apache immediately.

Haha, I played a game like that once where one of the enemys threw a emergancy airdrop next to A just as I got my chopper gunner, the whole of theyre team then spawned at A and kept running to the 4 packages while i hovered above destroying them before they could even get to them :lol

was awesome, and congrats on the Nuke's by the way.

Backflip try domination, the spawns dont seem as bad in that as you tend to spawn on the points your team owns rather than randomly, that is of course unless you only have 1 point or have no points then the spawns suck again :lol

bobs99 ... said:
Backflip try domination, the spawns dont seem as bad in that as you tend to spawn on the points your team owns rather than randomly, that is of course unless you only have 1 point or have no points then the spawns suck again :lol
Yeah, I know. I just wish I didn't have to choose which gametypes to play based on how good or bad the spawns are.

Top Bottom