• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
gbovo said:
OH MAAAHH GAAAAAAAAAWWWWD!!!!!

4043941205_efb4059b49_m.jpg

Congrats :lol.

VALKYRAY

Banned
stopping power is bullshit, since there is no juggernaut in this game to balance with stopping power.
it's absolutely unfair when two guys shooting at eachother, stopping power always wins even if the other guy fires half second before stopping power guy fires back.
such broken piece of shit

kuYuri

I still haven't gotten a nuke and I've already put 4 days 19 hours into this game. :(

The few times I've managed to get a streak going, either I didn't have the nuke equipped or when I did, I couldn't get those last few kills. I was using a chopper gunner on Skidrow and I couldn't get the last 5-6 kills cause the map is mostly indoors and eventually time ran out since we were playing Domination.

Ecto311

VALKYRAY said:
stopping power is bullshit, since there is no juggernaut in this game to balance with stopping power.
it's absolutely unfair when two guys shooting at eachother, stopping power always wins even if the other guy fires half second before stopping power guy fires back.
such broken piece of shit

It's not broken when you can do it too.

gbovo

Strider2K99 said:
I still haven't gotten a nuke and I've already put 4 days 19 hours into this game. :(

The few times I've managed to get a streak going, either I didn't have the nuke equipped or when I did, I couldn't get those last few kills. I was using a chopper gunner on Skidrow and I couldn't get the last 5-6 kills cause the map is mostly indoors and eventually time ran out since we were playing Domination.
That was exactly the same map/mode I just got my nuke on. The unfortunate truth is that I had to camp my ass off to get it. And I'm one of the biggest anti-camper advocates :( Sucks really, but I had to get that nuke, and see what it feels like accomplishing that goal.

On another note, the M16(with Holographic and Stopping Power) is unquestionably the best weapon in the game.

careful

Nuke hunting is too stressful for me (especially when you start getting close to 25). :lol
I tried it a bit, but it's much more fun playing without Nuke.

Can anyone tell me what's good about C4? I'm going to guess because it's harder to actually see? I mean...who the fuck is going to sit somewhere and wait to see if someone stepped on something before they detonate it? Wouldn't claymores be easier?

Victrix

*beard*
VALKYRAY said:
you wanna win? you better have stopping power equiped!

this makes other perks useless, don't you think?

Not really, it depends on the guns involved, and the distance involved. If you're using the same gun, than yes, in most cases (though not all), in a heads up firefight, you'll lose.

But in general, relying on SP for that one bullet difference (which is what it amounts to, for most guns), is saying 'I'm going to get in a straight shootout with lots of people'. Don't do that. Especially don't do that if you're running Cold Blooded Pro, a perk built for stealth.

Danger Close gives you access to far nastier and more lethal explosives, easily equal to the power of SP, and Lightweight lets you take full advantage of a SMG or Snipers mobility, especially nasty if you're packing a suitable shotgun secondary.

Hardline is the only one that doesn't give you a direct combat benefit, but its hilariously powerful if you run 3/4/5 team support, or if you're willing to fight at a slight handicap, can let you hit 5/7 8-9-11 at 4, which is also very strong.

So no, SP is not overpowered. Learn to fight with other weapons, and change your tactics so you aren't losing to a one bullet difference.

Dark FaZe said:
Can anyone tell me what's good about C4? I'm going to guess because it's harder to actually see? I mean...who the fuck is going to sit somewhere and wait to see if someone stepped on something before they detonate it? Wouldn't claymores be easier?

Claymores have the tell tale trip wires though. And C4 can also be placed in places that claymores cannot. For example, I was killed by a C4 that had been placed on the ceiling of the boarding path to the plane in terminal. The guy just hung out behind the service counter watching for someone to run down the hallway. It never occurred to me to look up. It can also be placed on things like domination flags or on search objectives. I dont like them because you have to pay attention to them. For me claymores are far more useful because I can just drop them and wait for it to get me kills. But C4 has its uses too.

Would anyone like to swap their 360 version of MW2 for my PS3 version? Its in perfect condition I just bought the PS3 version at release because I wasn't patient enough to wait for my 360 to return from repair.

Willeth

Pyke Presco said:
Claymores have the tell tale trip wires though. And C4 can also be placed in places that claymores cannot. For example, I was killed by a C4 that had been placed on the ceiling of the boarding path to the plane in terminal. The guy just hung out behind the service counter watching for someone to run down the hallway. It never occurred to me to look up. It can also be placed on things like domination flags or on search objectives. I dont like them because you have to pay attention to them. For me claymores are far more useful because I can just drop them and wait for it to get me kills. But C4 has its uses too.
I use C4 exclusively for domination. The problem is that the blast radius works similarly to the predator, in that the slightest cover will protect someone, but that's easily solved by careful placement. At C on Karachi, it's usually high on the wall above the barrels or on the pillar. At B or C on Skidrow, it's on the ceiling. At A on Rundown, on the back of the fountain. Ceilings work well because even with Sitrep people don't tend to see it, or if they do it can take just that little bit longer.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
I tried to evolve my game a little today, partly for fun, partly to complete challenges. Found myself making an explosives class but I gotta say I SUCK at planting claymores or something. I got maybe 2 kills all night with them and 8 kills in my total play time. pathetic!

Most of the time people just run past them, whats the deal with that? I have danger close on and everything. so many times I knew an enemy was coming, I would back and lead them to my claymore and they would just walk right past it, I'd usually have to finish them off.

Another time I walked up some stairs that had 2 claymores from my team on, thought it was overkill and walked on, then some enemy walks right past them and blasts me in the back. None of these guys had lightweight and they weren't sprinting. what the dealio yo?

I honestly would love if claymores worked like I thought they would but they seem so hit and miss, with a big emphasis on miss!

I've been rocking some noobtube with scavenger as well. God that shit pisses me off. One guy was stood in a corner of a room camping so I pop my head round and tube him, the grenade pops out and hits him in the knee or something and doesnt explode. WTF. Are they programmed to have some kind of failure percentage or does it just think I aimed it wrong?

oh yeh I just gotta say I LOVE my default class:

M16 + silencer + holo
SPAS + grip + FMJ
bling pro
cold blooded pro
ninja pro

today I was trying to kill a guy immediately after killing some others and I missed my first burst and had to reload. He didnt realise I was an enemy or that I fired at him so he just kinda walked on, then 3 of his team mates pop over the hill and I'm there frantically reloading thinking I'm screwed :lol managed to take a couple out before they realised what was up

p.s. the game changing sensitivity is becoming a regular problem now. I play on sensitivity 5 to 7 and it seems to change this low (1) every now and then. Weird and extremely disruptive to my game!

picko

Neo Member
kaizoku said:
I tried to evolve my game a little today, partly for fun, partly to complete challenges. Found myself making an explosives class but I gotta say I SUCK at planting claymores or something. I got maybe 2 kills all night with them and 8 kills in my total play time. pathetic!

I use a claymore class frequently because I usually have to deal with more lag than my opponents and it evens the field a little. I find placing them in areas where opponents are reluctant to just run in is usually helpful. Any time an opponents enters a room tentatively they'll likely be killed by the claymore - leveling up Danger Close is also a must. I typically get three to four claymore kills a game.

Yeef

leveling SitRep is so incredibly annoying. The few people that use equipment always die and respawn before I can destroy their shit.

Griffith

Banned
kaizoku said:

Most of the time people just run past them, whats the deal with that? I have danger close on and everything. so many times I knew an enemy was coming, I would back and lead them to my claymore and they would just walk right past it, I'd usually have to finish them off.

Another time I walked up some stairs that had 2 claymores from my team on, thought it was overkill and walked on, then some enemy walks right past them and blasts me in the back. None of these guys had lightweight and they weren't sprinting. what the dealio yo?

I honestly would love if claymores worked like I thought they would but they seem so hit and miss, with a big emphasis on miss!
I had the same problem when I started to use them. You just need to learn how to place them properly. It takes a bit of practice, but once you get the hang of it they're great, especially in demolition. Now I can get 4-5 kills a match with them.

VALKYRAY said:
you wanna win? you better have stopping power equiped!

this makes other perks useless, don't you think?
Not true. Stopping power is great, one of the best perks in the game, but you can still easily take out people without it. Maybe it's just me ;)

picko

Neo Member
Yeef said:
leveling SitRep is so incredibly annoying. The few people that use equipment always die and respawn before I can destroy their shit.

Play HC, everyone's using claymores. You'll level it up in no time.

Cornbread78

Anaxagoras There were at least 6 harriers, 10 predators, a couple chopper gunners and ac130s in one match, its not even playable anymore.

LOL, 1 round of domination, 2 AC130s, 6 harriors, a pavelow and a few missles. And another guy running around knifing, and another guy using A "WALL HACK" I guess that means that he can pretty much shoot us from anywhere..

Love the game, hate the way it's turned out. Didn't have these problems with KZ2 or R2....

lunlunqq

have been on my nuke hunting run for several days now... really want to switch back to my normal killsteaks. but i've got 8. just 2 more to go. hopefully i will get them in the near future and be done with nukes for ever...

Sealda

Banned
]Sorry, you're wrong. Let's suppose you use a gun like the SCAR, which has a grand total of 60 bullets. You can easily burn through a clip to take out a pair of guys, and now you are down to 40 bullets. Try to pick off a guy running at a distance and you might use ten or more. Scavenger can not only refill your ammo, it also acts like bandolier from CoD4 when Pro'd and hence gives you 6 spare magazines instead of two. Now you wont need to run out there to get more ammo or a new gun because you have plenty of extra.

So after using 1/3 of the ammo you have killed 2 guys. And then after shooting at a third guy you are down to half of the ammo. I would think the normal player would die by then, otherwise the average player would have a 3.0 kdr. Since he would definitely be able to take out at-least 1 guy with his 40 bullets he has left after the first 2 kills. That makes no sense.

The likely scenario of a scavenger player life 90 % of the time is more like this:

Spawns. runs 10 seconds, shoots at a guy. Maybe kills him maybe do not. Shoots at another guy and kills him. 40 bullets left. Gets killed.

or maybe like this:

Spawns. Runs into a building. Shoots at running player and misses. Shoots at another player and misses. Shoots at running player and misses. Shoots into the air. Out of ammo. "Man i need scavenger". The solution to his problem is not Scavenger, its start playing different. I think a lot of people are creating unnecessary addiction to scavenger by shooting and missing too much.

Also, do you liek to drop claymores? Throw grenades? Shoot down air support? Scavenger can help you do all of that. Drop a claymore, get a kill, go pick up the bag and plant another claymore in the exact same spot. Odds are buddy will come back for vengeance and get killed a second time. Or not being afraid to "waste" a stinger missile on a UAV in ccase an Apache/Pavelow shows up. Scavenger fixes that problem.

First off:
Claymores are great. Just seems a bit of a gimmick run around laying tons of claymores. 1 claymore is enough, the average player is probably dead before he has gotten 2 claymore kills unless he is camping.
Shoot down air support and stinger missile are meh. You should not run around with a stinger missile on your back 24/7 in game. Rather should you have a stinger missile class ready to go if the enemy get a Chopper Gunner or whatever. Then it would be great to have Scavenger as a perk.

Every single perk in the game has its place, and depending on your playstyle one may be infinitely more effective than something else. For example, I dont use Sleight of Hand. Ever. I aim down the sights often, and its never not fast enough. I usually start firing before the sights are even up, so I can get a shot or two in and then hose him down once I'm aiming properly. Most guns reload fast enough, if they dont, you switch to your secondary to quickly handle the situation. Doesnt come out fast enough? Use a pistol, thats what its there for. Pulling a pistol is faster than reloading an SMG with Sleight. Only gun I would use it on is an LMG, but in that case, OMA Pro is just as fast and it refills your ammo/nades at the same time, so it is more useful for me.

Yes, to each his own. All i am saying is that if you meet a player who is exactly as good as you as aiming, he will win the fight because he can aim faster than you. The guy with Sleight of Han pro who is exactly as good as you will also start to shoot before aiming and will likely need to hip hit less than you since his aims will come up faster. Pulling a pistol is a bit faster than reloading with Sleight of hand pro most of the times. But unless you using a pistol its not faster, since switching to machine guns, shotguns etc. takes longer. Unless your reloading a RPD.

Just because you don't use it doesnt make the perk useless. It means that your playstyle isn't suited to it. I have no probelem with spraying two clips into a wall where someone might be, because ammo doesnt trouble me. My accuracy might take a bit of a hit, but I dont care about comparing stats with my friends, I just like getting kills. I highly doubt that you are so free with your magazines, and probably only shoot when you can actually draw a line on the target. If I see someone pass a window, I will gladly pump 30 shots into the wall anywhere around it, and if I land a hit, you better believe I dont stop shooting until I see +100 pop up.

If you are shooting that crazy i recommend silencer because you are probably drawing crazy attention to you, wasting 2 magazines shooting at a wall and probably standing still. (although i bet you were not super serious) And its very rare that i know a guy is behind a wall, that happens maybe every 4th match successfully.

L1GhTz

Neo Member
i used to play the game for nukes and managed to get 8 or 9 but now i have come to realise that what does a nuke really show? in my eyes all it shows is that you can camp to get kills , but at the end when you get a nuke its a decent feeling.

UFRA

Ok, so I was just playing HC SD tonight on the PS3 and encountered a clan of glitchers.

They use the clan tag "SN!P" and they were doing a strange, but seemingly harmless glitch.

They were killing people with things like C4 and Tactical Insertion flares, but they were shooting bullets. The kills registered as a C4 kill though.

It was really weird. The guy would be holding a TI flare, and he would be shooting bullets from an invisible AK47.

I sorta saw how he did it. OMA was involved, and he would go to the flare right before swapping classes and it would get stuck holding the flare.

They didn't get any advantage from this, so I didn't even bother reporting them, but it sure was funny looking.

Anyone see this before?

UFRA said:
Ok, so I was just playing HC SD tonight on the PS3 and encountered a clan of glitchers.

They use the clan tag "SN!P" and they were doing a strange, but seemingly harmless glitch.

They were killing people with things like C4 and Tactical Insertion flares, but they were shooting bullets. The kills registered as a C4 kill though.

It was really weird. The guy would be holding a TI flare, and he would be shooting bullets from an invisible AK47.

I sorta saw how he did it. OMA was involved, and he would go to the flare right before swapping classes and it would get stuck holding the flare.

They didn't get any advantage from this, so I didn't even bother reporting them, but it sure was funny looking.

Anyone see this before?

Yeah I've seen how to do it and everything. It's not a glitch that gives any sort of advantage.

Top Bottom