• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
I just had a super weird thing happen.

I was on Wastelands, doing really well, really pleased with myself, all of a sudden the game changes host, kind of stutters and goes back to lobby, then goes back to the game, only loads of players have lost their stats, including me. Only one guy on my team retained his stats, the whole other team kept theirs.

They started to nail us with a bunch of killstreaks they'd retained and my idiot team mats were rushing out like lemmings to get slaughtered.

one enemy emerged with 24 kills and 0 deaths/assists. I dont know if he was a late joiner or what cos when the game restarted all their top players had died at least once, only ones with 0 deaths were those on my team who'd lost their stats.

he got the killcam and it seemed like he was firing a turret, except he was stood right near the cave opening, so it was like he was carrying a turret? I could be confused, I'm real tired, there could be a LMG which looks like that I guess. But it was huge and the guy clearly owned everyone.

I ended the game with 4 kills and 4 deaths despite my awesome start. >_<

Game ended and I got 12000+ XP. what the fuck? was worried I'd joined a hacked game or something and I'd lose my rank but seems ok so far. no idea how I got 12k XP for 4 kills.

I might be getting bored of the game now. I just want my pro perks back and its a grind getting there. No way am I prestiging again. I think :lol

kaizoku said:
I just had a super weird thing happen.

I was on Wastelands, doing really well, really pleased with myself, all of a sudden the game changes host, kind of stutters and goes back to lobby, then goes back to the game, only loads of players have lost their stats, including me. Only one guy on my team retained his stats, the whole other team kept theirs.

They started to nail us with a bunch of killstreaks they'd retained and my idiot team mats were rushing out like lemmings to get slaughtered.

one enemy emerged with 24 kills and 0 deaths/assists. I dont know if he was a late joiner or what cos when the game restarted all their top players had died at least once, only ones with 0 deaths were those on my team who'd lost their stats.

he got the killcam and it seemed like he was firing a turret, except he was stood right near the cave opening, so it was like he was carrying a turret? I could be confused, I'm real tired, there could be a LMG which looks like that I guess. But it was huge and the guy clearly owned everyone.

I ended the game with 4 kills and 4 deaths despite my awesome start. >_<

Game ended and I got 12000+ XP. what the fuck? was worried I'd joined a hacked game or something and I'd lose my rank but seems ok so far. no idea how I got 12k XP for 4 kills.

I might be getting bored of the game now. I just want my pro perks back and its a grind getting there. No way am I prestiging again. I think :lol

Sounds like you ran into one of the more annoying glitches in the host migration system. And yes, I bet he was holding an LMG.

MidnightRider said:
I am usually the asshole that ruins peoples nukes on that level.

Tight. I have no idea how many good kill streaks I end. It ought to let you know. That would be a hilarious stat. Although on this last prestige I was like a shitty level 3 with weapons that can barely kill anyone and I shot somebody in like Overpass and got 2,500 for killing someone "with a killstreak reward of 10 or more" and it kinda cracked me up. I really hope he was on the hunt for a nuke. :lol

BTW, where are these nukes coming from? PS3? I haven't seen a nuke in weeks and weeks.

Meier

DeuceMojo said:
BTW, where are these nukes coming from? PS3? I haven't seen a nuke in weeks and weeks.
I saw two yesterday on the 360. One was in a Ground War Dom game where we were up 199-196. I was like NOOOOOO only to of course find out it was my teammate. :lol Another one was in a standard TDM I think... kind of forget.

VaLiancY said:
More people need to equip UAVs. I can't flank unless I know where people are and I hate HBS.
It's always nice to have a UAV up, although my substitute for UAV is a pair of running shoes. If you've got Marathon on, it's so easy to circle the map and start seeing people's backs.

BTW, I put up TONS of UAVs.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
The Lamonster said:
Is there a release date on the first DLC yet?
Not yet. They've only mentioned it won't be called a "map pack". It'll be an "expansion" - whatever that means in terms of content

And I believe they also said it'll be a timed exclusive on 360.

Brazil said:
Not yet. They've only mentioned it won't be called a "map pack". It'll be an "expansion" - whatever that means
Whatever that means indeed. If it's a four-map one-time-only shitacular like last time around I'll be a little annoyed. Yes I realize there's a large amount of maps. But 8 or 10 maps between IW iterations is not too much to ask for. Is it?

Don't recall seeing this before on here:

Modern Warfare 2 Mythbusters: Episode 3
watch

Nothing as mindblowing as episodes 1 and 2, but interesting nonetheless.

Nizz

TacticalFox88 said:
Am I the only one who absolutely LOVES the Invasion map? Sits up their with Rust and Scrapyard as my favorite maps in the game.
Invasion is one of my favorite maps as well. Scrapyard I also love. Rust is a love/hate thing with me.

Sometimes the pure chaos in TDM matches on that map is nuts. Other days I can't be bothered with it.

CheapChampagne

Neo Member
divisionbyzorro said:

watch

I've never seen any of those before haha. That double bouncing throwing knife was ridiculous(ly amazing) :lol

lionelhutz said:
I wish they would announce something. Some new maps would be nice.

Agreed. Even if they announced 3-4 new maps but they didn't release for another month or two I could dig it. Just announce something.

moojito

I was playing a domination match the other day on Scrapyard. My side came from behind to win 200-199 and I got the top score on my side, and the award for most captures. It felt awesome! :D

todahawk

kyo_daikun said:
Obviously there are people who use these weapons properly and I have no problem with them what so ever, its just the fools who shoot these everywhere just in the blind hope there might be someone there just suck all kinds of fun out the game, im not going to go into a whine fest (there's enough of it in here to last at least till next year)

All I will say is the game where me and my friends ran into a whole team just specifically using the launchers and nothing else was easily the worst match i've had on this game ever (we still won but it was an extremly hollow victory)

I know you were trying to make a point but I don't see many people post the counterpoint to a lot of our bitching. Your post was just a jumping off point for me to comment about people that use the weapons as intended.

But I'd equally hate to see a whole team of knifers or akimbo 1887 wielders.

todahawk

DeuceMojo said:
It's always nice to have a UAV up, although my substitute for UAV is a pair of running shoes. If you've got Marathon on, it's so easy to circle the map and start seeing people's backs.

BTW, I put up TONS of UAVs.

+1 on maraton & UAV's. I've been flanking like a mofo.

edit: erp, sorry for the dp.

greenjerk said:
I know you were trying to make a point but I don't see many people post the counterpoint to a lot of our bitching. Your post was just a jumping off point for me to comment about people that use the weapons as intended.

But I'd equally hate to see a whole team of knifers or akimbo 1887 wielders.

A whole team of knifers on a map like Favela would absolutely suck. I suppose the counter would be to wield shotguns and drop rear-facing Claymores, but it would be rather annoying. We'd probably win if they tried that on Domination, but - ugh.

FerranMG

Almost got my first nuke today!
The match ended when I had a 23 killstreak. I was on Derail, started with a silenced ump and the m1014, and got an m4 when the ump run out of ammo.

I was so excited after I launched the chopper. Dammit, I hope I can do that again! :D

VaLiancY said:
More people need to equip UAVs. I can't flank unless I know where people are and I hate HBS.

I shoot down UAV's with my Stinger almost every time. They are pretty much worthless now especially in Hardcore.

wud

Neo Member
corkscrewblow said:
Predator - Harrier - Chopper Gunner is win.

swap that chopper gunner for an AC130 and thats my setup for everything except S&D. Soon as you throw a chopper gunner up the other team thinks "oh shit hes getting a nuke" and focus on getting rid of it ASAP. 130's seem to get ignored

I went from the 360 version to the PS3 version and have noticed the game often dumps me in the map before it's done loading. Suit cases will pop in suddenly on terminal, and low res textures will often still be present 10-15 seconds into a match. I always install games to my 360's HDD so maybe this is normal behavior for running straight from disc? Or is my PS3 drive dying?

divisionbyzorro said:
Robert Bowling just tweeted that they're working on a "permanent solution" to the care package glitch.

I'll believe it when I see it.

God I hope they hurry up.

this bastard I was playing with yesterday set up like 30+ sentry guns on Wasteland.

I hadn't really seen many people doing the glitch with sentry guns but that dude had it down to an art.

Nizz

foomfoom415 said:
I went from the 360 version to the PS3 version and have noticed the game often dumps me in the map before it's done loading. Suit cases will pop in suddenly on terminal, and low res textures will often still be present 10-15 seconds into a match. I always install games to my 360's HDD so maybe this is normal behavior for running straight from disc? Or is my PS3 drive dying?
That's happened to me also. It reminded me a little of UT3, where the textures would load in like a second later.

Don't think it's your PS3 dying.

whitehawk

Banned
divisionbyzorro said:

watch

Wow at the broken window thing. That's glitchy.

I'm surprised. Is it still happening on the 360? I haven't suspected someone running that glitch in forever. Maybe people are too dumb or don't care.

With the exception of running at hyperspeed with a care package marker for a couple of games, I have never cheated in this game. Of course, that shouldn't be a choice you're allowed to make.

Cobra84

divisionbyzorro said:
Robert Bowling just tweeted that they're working on a "permanent solution" to the care package glitch.

They are probably removing the holding of the care package grenade either by having the dpad just throw the grenade or smoke just appearing in front of you. Killstreaks called in directly by the dpad don't have the glitch.

wud

Neo Member
MidnightRider said:

this bastard I was playing with yesterday set up like 30+ sentry guns on Wasteland.

I hadn't really seen many people doing the glitch with sentry guns but that dude had it down to an art.

me and some friends blocked off an entire part of karachi with sentry guns in TDM earlier, stupid fucks didn't use coldblooded :lol

not even gonna try and justify using the glitch because it was pretty funny

SCAT01

Neo Member
MidnightRider said:

I wouldnt of minded seeing that LOL

Given that lately have been running around with marathon, cold blooded and ninja.

30+ Sentry guns = MASSIVE XP for me :p

NYR

divisionbyzorro said:

Killstreaks removed CONFIRMED

Fina1e

Thoroughly convinced the ACR is the best rifle in the game. Went something like 65-7, 55-11, 47-4 in three straight games with it. Changed my button layout to tactical as well, really love dropshotting again.

VaLiancY

OldJadedGamer said:
I shoot down UAV's with my Stinger almost every time. They are pretty much worthless now especially in Hardcore.

I'm starting to do that now when I'm not flanking. I don't want nothing in the air. Harriers and Pavelows are DOA.

I just hit the most hilarious thing, I don't know if this has happened to anyone but it was amazing. So I'm playing at Estate and get the very last kill. The last killcam starts playing. But instead of like 5 seconds, it's a whole minute of killcam. So basically it goes through everything I did for the last minute and everyone in the game was laughing straight through. Greatest glitch ever.

Fina1e said:
Thoroughly convinced the ACR is the best rifle in the game. Went something like 65-7, 55-11, 47-4 in three straight games with it. Changed my button layout to tactical as well, really love dropshotting again.

I agree... I love just pointing and shooting.

I've been using the SCAR throughout my third prestige, and I've pretty much maxed out the EXP I can get from it this time. I switched to the ACR, and while it kills slower (more bullets) the thing just don't move. It always fires exactly where you point it. Now considering that I'm getting pretty good at turn, aim and be locked on the enemy when I want to shoot something - this is an amazing benefit.

The problem with the ACR however is that the Iron Sights SUCK BALLS.

MickeyPhree

Finally got my first nuke after almost 4 days of online playtime. The setting was Quarry on Domination(Ground war).

My loadout:

Prim: Intervention w/ FMJ and Thermal
Secon: Spas12 w/ Grip
Equipment: Claymore
Special: Stun Grenade
Perk1: Bling Pro
Perk2: Stopping Power Pro
Perk3: Steady Aim Pro
DeathStreak: Martydom

Killstreak:
Harrier
Chopper Gunner
Nuke

Now what is crazy is that I ended up getting 2 more nukes within the next 4 matches. I have now become obsessed and only play to get more nukes.......I feel sick.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
my friend asked how to fix this in his facebook status:

"I'm getting the xbox screen (white & green) with MW2. I've wiped it off, let the XB360 cool down, and even tried a disc doctor. "

Mileena

Banned
CorporalDork said:
I agree... I love just pointing and shooting.

I've been using the SCAR throughout my third prestige, and I've pretty much maxed out the EXP I can get from it this time. I switched to the ACR, and while it kills slower (more bullets) the thing just don't move. It always fires exactly where you point it. Now considering that I'm getting pretty good at turn, aim and be locked on the enemy when I want to shoot something - this is an amazing benefit.

The problem with the ACR however is that the Iron Sights SUCK BALLS.
ACR iron sights are pretty good. Definitely better than the majority of the other ARs at least. I'm still convinced SCAR and UMP have the best iron sights though.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
onisegawa said:
I think ACR is one of the most reliable rifles there is. AK is pure badass but bad accuracy

ACR hits like a bitch, I hate using it in anything that isn't Hardcore. TAR-21 is where it's at. Strong iron sight, very accurate in burst fire, and great stopping power.

Top Bottom