• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

CozMick said:
Ok Gaf I'm about to make a game changing decision........

I've Mastered pretty much every AR in the game, I've NEVER used any other weapon since the game launched and my kd/r is 2.42, but I've hit a wall..........the game just ain't fun anymore.

So, do I sacrifice all that time and "hard work" and start experimenting with crazy loadouts but sacrificing my kd/r and get laughed at by my friends BUT have fun while I'm doing it?

or

Continue on the road of success with my trusted M4A1, M9, Harrier, AC-130 and Nuke but feel a little more empty inside every time my kd/r rises 0.01?

Did you just ask if you should play a game in a way that makes it fun or in a way you hate it?

Natural Selection FTW

CozMick said:
Ok Gaf I'm about to make a game changing decision........

I've Mastered pretty much every AR in the game, I've NEVER used any other weapon since the game launched and my kd/r is 2.42, but I've hit a wall..........the game just ain't fun anymore.

So, do I sacrifice all that time and "hard work" and start experimenting with crazy loadouts but sacrificing my kd/r and get laughed at by my friends BUT have fun while I'm doing it?

or

Continue on the road of success with my trusted M4A1, M9, Harrier, AC-130 and Nuke but feel a little more empty inside every time my kd/r rises 0.01?

Well, you've obviously gotten a lot of shit about this post, but what I'll say is yes, absolutely change it up. If you stop caring about KdR, I've found the game becomes far more fun, because you can simply laugh off the bullshit. And, if you manage to keep almost a 2.5 to 1 ratio, you should be just fine. I often find I do better for a while when I change up loadouts - being a submachine gun runner forces an entirely different style and perspective.

And its just a fucking game anyway.

Tural

Neo Member
corkscrewblow said:
SCAR would be the best AR in the game if it didn't run out of ammo so fast. Before anyone suggests it, Marathon > Scavenger.
Extended Mags + Scavenger and it's the best gun though. :D

corkscrewblow said:
SCAR would be the best AR in the game if it didn't run out of ammo so fast. Before anyone suggests it, Marathon > Scavenger.
I just started using this. My god I almost feel Like I'm cheating with the iron sights. So damn accurate.

Fuck last stand! I can't count how many fucking times i supposedly "kill" someone and run over them to get killed behind me because of the bastard was on last stand.

Fucking perk

Mileena

Banned
TacticalFox88 said:
I just started using this. My god I almost feel Like I'm cheating with the iron sights. So damn accurate.
Yea I dig the iron sights a lot. It's been so long since I used it because the low ammo always turned me off but it feels like you're playing hardcore when you're not. People just go down so quick. Same feeling as the TAR.

I enjoy running around like an ADD child though so I can't use Scavenger. Once I went Marathon I could never go back.

salva said:
Fuck last stand! I can't count how many fucking times i supposedly "kill" someone and run over them to get killed behind me because of the bastard was on last stand.

Fucking perk

God damn.

I'm so sick of people whinging out dying in this thread.

What the hell people... WHAT THE HELL?

Is it just because now it's 'cool' to bag out MW2 or something? For me, all of the added perks and different options make the game WAY MORE FUN. There is not one particular class that dominates all. There are different classes to combat others, and that variety is what makes it fun for me. If one of my setups isn't working in a particular match against those type of players, I'll change it up to a class that suits fighting those types of people.

There are plenty of different options and load outs and kits that you have in the game and guess what, the game is about killing... and guess what, that means you DIE sometimes.

If you were too stupid to not notice that the 'you killed' such and such didn't come up on your screen so you got killed by a last stand'er - then that is YOUR FAULT not the perks. You have the option of running Last Stand as well. And to be honest, if someone is willing to give up Ninja, Steady Aim or Commando for Last Stand then by all means let them. I guarantee I get more kills by choosing Ninja 99% of the time because flanking enemies without them hearing your footsteps is important - but what's even more important is being able to hear their footsteps over your own.

If you can't handle it, then learn to put a couple more bullets into every body when you think you've killed someone.

I find it more frustrating that people on here complain about the different 'cheap' ways that they can die more than actually dying in the game myself. Die, say "FUCK" respawn, get payback and move on.

Killstreaks are fun, hunting glitchers is fun. So what if they are glitching, it doesn't seem to ruin the game for me - infact I find it quite enjoyable to piss them off so much that they quit. Same with boosters.

And you know what? I figured out why people hate kill streaks and complain about them... it's because when the other team gets a kill streak they die... and they lose THEIR kill streak!

I'm sure everybody that complains about kill streaks still like to use them. I do.

And if you're equipping harrier, chopper gunner, nuke or even predator, harrier, chopper gunner on a map like scrapyard or high rise then you deserve to die before you get your streak.

Get over being angry when you die, it's just a game. The only thing that was 'wrong' with the game in my opinion was the 1887's having too much range - that was a pain in the arse. How did I combat them? Equip them and beat them at their own game - it was fun while it lasted but I'm glad to not be running that setup any more. Same with toobers and knifers... if they're knifing you or tubing you, then knife or tube them first.

TacticalFox88 said:

Try using the SCAR with stopping power and a silencer. That shit is easily the best option in the game. Bling it and put on extended mags (and then you only get two mags of ammo) and you've got yourself an absolute killing machine right there.

CorporalDork said:
God damn.

I'm so sick of people whinging out dying in this thread.

What the hell people... WHAT THE HELL?

Is it just because now it's 'cool' to bag out MW2 or something? For me, all of the added perks and different options make the game WAY MORE FUN. There is not one particular class that dominates all. There are different classes to combat others, and that variety is what makes it fun for me. If one of my setups isn't working in a particular match against those type of players, I'll change it up to a class that suits fighting those types of people.

There are plenty of different options and load outs and kits that you have in the game and guess what, the game is about killing... and guess what, that means you DIE sometimes.

If you were too stupid to not notice that the 'you killed' such and such didn't come up on your screen so you got killed by a last stand'er - then that is YOUR FAULT not the perks. You have the option of running Last Stand as well. And to be honest, if someone is willing to give up Ninja, Steady Aim or Commando for Last Stand then by all means let them. I guarantee I get more kills by choosing Ninja 99% of the time because flanking enemies without them hearing your footsteps is important - but what's even more important is being able to hear their footsteps over your own.

If you can't handle it, then learn to put a couple more bullets into every body when you think you've killed someone.

I find it more frustrating that people on here complain about the different 'cheap' ways that they can die more than actually dying in the game myself. Die, say "FUCK" respawn, get payback and move on.

Killstreaks are fun, hunting glitchers is fun. So what if they are glitching, it doesn't seem to ruin the game for me - infact I find it quite enjoyable to piss them off so much that they quit. Same with boosters.

And you know what? I figured out why people hate kill streaks and complain about them... it's because when the other team gets a kill streak they die... and they lose THEIR kill streak!

I'm sure everybody that complains about kill streaks still like to use them. I do.

And if you're equipping harrier, chopper gunner, nuke or even predator, harrier, chopper gunner on a map like scrapyard or high rise then you deserve to die before you get your streak.

Get over being angry when you die, it's just a game. The only thing that was 'wrong' with the game in my opinion was the 1887's having too much range - that was a pain in the arse. How did I combat them? Equip them and beat them at their own game - it was fun while it lasted but I'm glad to not be running that setup any more. Same with toobers and knifers... if they're knifing you or tubing you, then knife or tube them first.
I'm using a runner class so I don't have time to ask myself if he's dead when he's supposed to be fucking dead

eek5

salva said:
I'm using a runner class so I don't have time to ask myself if he's dead when he's supposed to be fucking dead
If you can't keep track of things when you're running around too fast you should probably slow down a bit.

eek5 said:
If you can't keep track of things when you're running around too fast you should probably slow down a bit.
True true, I guess I should go back to my slow famas self. And btw, more people should equip uavs and counter uavs

salva said:
True true, I guess I should go back to my slow famas self. And btw, more people should equip uavs and counter uavs

true dat. Nukes and high killstreaks are no fun for me anymore.

UAV, Counter UAV, sentry gun ftw :D

Its funny, now I actually want to get killed (crazy i know) so i can use my killstreaks again.

xDangerboy said:
true dat. Nukes and high killstreaks are no fun for me anymore.

UAV, Counter UAV, sentry gun ftw :D

Its funny, now I actually want to get killed (crazy i know) so i can use my killstreaks again.
I use uav, counter uav, and airstrike. I'd use a sentry gun but i don't like waiting for the helicopter to drop it

salva said:
I use uav, counter uav, and airstrike. I'd use a sentry gun but i don't like waiting for the helicopter to drop it

yeah that can be a pain in the ass, but if you can manage to get, then find a good high pace to put it, its such a pain in the ass for the other team.

quadrax1s

Neo Member
sn1pes said:
I want to like/use the UMP, I really do, but I can't seem to get the hang of it.
Me too. My friend says the UMP silenced is godly and he sometimes feels like he's cheating with it. He gets some of his nukes by using it. I tried it out to see what all the fuss is about but the gun is so slow for me. Every time I get killed with it I always tell myself, "if I had my FAMAS I would have killed him first!" Then I get frustrated and go back to the FAMAS.

Maybe I just have to get used to it and stop trying to use it like an AR.

kitch9

Banned
wud said:
i love it when people ask rhetorical questions - you clearly know i'm not a software developer, get off the pedestal you've placed yourself on. Especially in this thread, you go around critising everyone who complains about the game but never offer any helpful input yourself, except for asking help with certain builds/killstreaks (which you never reply too or continue any form of discussion with)

I'm not blaming myself for getting killed because the host was on my team - he had a full 4 bar signal. Everyone else had 3 bars, which should only give the HOST the advantage.

i know for a fact that when you're the host you do gain an advantage, my connection is perfect at non-peak times and i usually get made host. So when a couple of people on the other team had dropped down to 2 and 1 bar signals, come into sight OUT OF COMMANDO RANGE, warp over to me whilst im pumping stopping power bullets into them and knife me, its IWs bullshit.

The fact is, doing that glitch is the most fun ive had in this game for a while.

Instead of expending all that effort typing you could have just typed "Hi Gaf, I'm an arsehole."

It would have had the same effect methinks......

quadrax1s said:
Me too. My friend says the UMP silenced is godly and he sometimes feels like he's cheating with it. He gets some of his nukes by using it. I tried it out to see what all the fuss is about but the gun is so slow for me. Every time I get killed with it I always tell myself, "if I had my FAMAS I would have killed him first!" Then I get frustrated and go back to the FAMAS.

Maybe I just have to get used to it and stop trying to use it like an AR.

I use a silenced UMP with ninja pro (just started using sitrep instead, claymore are such a bitch!), cold blooded pro, and maraton pro. Oh yeah forgot, stinger as a secondary because my stupid ass teammates never take down those damn harriers and pave lows

long story short, i end most matches with a 3:1 ratio

salva said:
I use a silenced UMP with ninja pro (just started using sitrep instead, claymore are such a bitch!), cold blooded pro, and maraton pro. Oh yeah forgot, stinger as a secondary because my stupid ass teammates never take down those damn harriers and pave lows

long story short, i end most matches with a 3:1 ratio

and if youre doing it without high killstreaks, youre doing it right

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
wud said:
i love it when people ask rhetorical questions - you clearly know i'm not a software developer, get off the pedestal you've placed yourself on. Especially in this thread, you go around critising everyone who complains about the game but never offer any helpful input yourself, except for asking help with certain builds/killstreaks (which you never reply too or continue any form of discussion with)

I'm not blaming myself for getting killed because the host was on my team - he had a full 4 bar signal. Everyone else had 3 bars, which should only give the HOST the advantage.

i know for a fact that when you're the host you do gain an advantage, my connection is perfect at non-peak times and i usually get made host. So when a couple of people on the other team had dropped down to 2 and 1 bar signals, come into sight OUT OF COMMANDO RANGE, warp over to me whilst im pumping stopping power bullets into them and knife me, its IWs bullshit.

The fact is, doing that glitch is the most fun ive had in this game for a while.

I'm just a regular gamer who isn't as good as most people in this thread and isn't very experienced with COD or console FPS in general. I don't know what your beef is with my posting behaviour, that's just getting weird.... I've posted everyday for awhile and respond when I notice people respond to me, sometimes people don't which is fair enough.

Well done on your scientific analysis of why you suck at the game, its literally the internet's fault.

I like how you tried to justify the fact you're a glitcher with the injustice of your failure, then you confess that actually you think its fun.

Even if you're right and its IW/the internet/the host/someone else's connection that are screwing you over and making it impossible for you to win, why ruin the game for the other 7+ people who are trying to have a good time?

kaizoku said:
I'm just a regular gamer who isn't as good as most people in this thread and isn't very experienced with COD or console FPS in general. I don't know what your beef is with my posting behaviour, that's just getting weird.... I've posted everyday for awhile and respond when I notice people respond to me, sometimes people don't which is fair enough.

Well done on your scientific analysis of why you suck at the game, its literally the internet's fault.

I like how you tried to justify the fact you're a glitcher with the injustice of your failure, then you confess that actually you think its fun.

Even if you're right and its IW/the internet/the host/someone else's connection that are screwing you over and making it impossible for you to win, why ruin the game for the other 7+ people who are trying to have a good time?

The more you quote him, the less effective my ignore list becomes :)

wud

Neo Member
i'm not even gonna argue with you lot anymore, if me using the care package glitch gets what is clearly an emotional response from you then :lol

Discussion time -- the M93 Raffica, what perks/attachments do people use alongside this? ive seen a couple of videos on youtube with people getting nukes with them Akimbo, but because its such an accurate gun I thought akimbo would ruin it? Currently using it on my mini-uzi stealth build with a silencer, any other kits I should try it out on?

Az

wud said:
i'm not even gonna argue with you lot anymore, if me using the care package glitch gets what is clearly an emotional response from you then :lol

Discussion time -- the M93 Raffica, what perks/attachments do people use alongside this? ive seen a couple of videos on youtube with people getting nukes with them Akimbo, but because its such an accurate gun I thought akimbo would ruin it? Currently using it on my mini-uzi stealth build with a silencer, any other kits I should try it out on?

Raffica + Extended Mags = sex

BolognaSoup said:
The truest statement in this whole thread probably. The 1887s primarily bother me because of the title of the game. The knife because I like to play a mid-long range game.
:lol It is a little ridiculous playing with a 125-year-old shotgun. :lol But I'd have to think the Ranger is even older.

wud said:
Discussion time -- the M93 Raffica, what perks/attachments do people use alongside this?
Akimbo. Every single secondary goes better with akimbo. I've still managed to take people out at a surprisingly long range with dual Rafficas.

Cornbread78

Originally Posted by BolognaSoup:
The truest statement in this whole thread probably. The 1887s primarily bother me because of the title of the game. The knife because I like to play a mid-long range game.

It is a little ridiculous playing with a 125-year-old shotgun. But I'd have to think the Ranger is even older.

The AK-47 isn't much better, just think of when the weapon was created (1947) yes it's still the primary weapon used in by many countries, however, it's definately not modern....

Cornbread78 said:
The AK-47 isn't much better, just think of when the weapon was created (1947) yes it's still the primary weapon used in by many countries, however, it's definately not modern....
:lol Hah, freaking AK. Yeah, not real modern, but it gets the job done I guess. I've used it in-game a couple of times (for the few glorious short hours that I'm level 70) and it takes people down. It's like an automatic FAL w/ a shorter range.

Cornbread78 said:
:lol Hah, freaking AK. Yeah, not real modern, but it gets the job done I guess. I've used it in-game a couple of times (for the few glorious short hours that I'm level 70) and it takes people down. It's like an automatic FAL w/ a shorter range.

Edit: Modern warfare is all relative, I suppose. WWII weapons were modern, but then the AK-47 really busted things open being the first modern assault rifle (amirite?) and everything after was pretty modern... the FAL, the MP5, the M16, are all nearly 50 years old now. Is small arms combat all that much different now than it was 30 or 40 years ago?

Meier

salva said:

Fucking perk
I just hate how many kills I lose due to it.. I don't even mind if the guy kills me afterwards. That's fine. But someone else getting my kill sucks!

Meier said:
I just hate how many kills I lose due to it.. I don't even mind if the guy kills me afterwards. That's fine. But someone else getting my kill sucks!
Or, worse yet, it's Final Stand and you get capped and the guy gets back up and kills you again. You're dead twice, yet you should've been alive +1 kill.

Although I did manage to get a care package or a sentry out of Final Stand in Favela. I rushed the second floor of the ice cream shop, capped the dude while I'm in Final Stand and I'm sitting at the top of the stairs, so I back up behind his corpse and reload my weapons and wait for the suckers. That same freaking guy (or his teammates) rushed me at LEAST three more times. :lol

dark_chris

Those care package people and knifers are not that hard for me. When I see em, I just equipped the duel 1887 and blast them, its so much easier.

Any legit 10th prestige holders out there? I played with a Golden Skull guy and I suspected at first that he was a poser, but then he ended up #1 so I figured he might be legit.

Finally hit my 2nd prestige and got rid of that ugly gray cross, now sporting a shiny red/gold star. Hooray.

Can I be the spelling police for a second?

"Duel" - a one-on-one confrontation
"Dual" - a pair of items

Thus, you would say "I use Stopping Power so I have the advantage in duels," or "I love using the dual 1887s."

Hope that clears things up. Sorry to be a dick about it.

DeuceMojo said:
Any legit 10th prestige holders out there? I played with a Golden Skull guy and I suspected at first that he was a poser, but then he ended up #1 so I figured he might be legit.

Finally hit my 2nd prestige and got rid of that ugly gray cross, now sporting a shiny red/gold star. Hooray.

8 more levels till I get rid of the grey star of gloom and upgrade to the red star of hawtness.

uraldix

DeuceMojo said:

My kid has a friend that is legit (on 360). He is crazy good and plays all of the time.

divisionbyzorro said:
... Thus, you could would say ..

I believe that you should say "could or would". Sorry for being the grammar police :D

dark_chris said:
Those care package people and knifers are not that hard for me. When I see em, I just equipped the duel 1887 and blast them, its so much easier.
Knife runners kinda crack me up. I wonder if they have any friends. Wouldn't you be embarrassed to have one of these guys on your team?

At least the akimbo runners have a ranged attack.

Meier

wud said:

Raffica silenced is awesome. I also like it with the Holo sight. I hate Akimbo weapons.. I have trouble using them effectively a.) because of the aim but b.) because it's just so against the typical method of shooting that I seem to struggle using both effectively.

I was away from the game for a few days and came back and encountered the EMA/Care Package glitch a number of times. I hadn't had any problems before that really.. but it's very evident now.

Cornbread78

SO true, they should give the guy finishing him off an assist, since he is not the one with teh kill in the first place. I lose a lot of kills that way, and it has screwed me out of countless Harriars and Pavelows.

DaFish

Graf Nudu said:
Btw. are there people actually using the EMP as a killstreak and not just from care package?
When I play Hardcore TDM with my iron sights... Its pretty much like playing with an EMP the whole time :lol

Basicly the EMP doesn't effect me (or others) at all.

DeuceMojo said:
Knife runners kinda crack me up. I wonder if they have any friends. Wouldn't you be embarrassed to have one of these guys on your team?

At least the akimbo runners have a ranged attack.

Highly embarassing.

Me and my mates played against a team that were all using noob tubes, never before have a group of people looked so very very lame (they lost)

todahawk

I've been converted and now bow at the power of a silenced UMP.

I had hit a little slump and went with a marathon/lightweight/commando UMP build and once I got the feel of its recoil I respected it more. Then I put on the silencer and couldn't believe it.

I was playing FFA and going consistently 30-10 and just having a blast. Switched up and started using UAV/predator/harrier exclusively and put my headphones back on. I actually stopped running so much (don't have ninja back yet) and would pounce on guys or be ready based on the noise they were making.

I've also found I don't care for Domination quite as much anymore (which i played almost exclusively), but I had a blast getting re-acquainted with S&D though, nothing like being last team member alive against multiple enemies and pulling out the win.

what. a. rush.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
greenjerk said:
I've been converted and now bow at the power of a silenced UMP.

I had hit a little slump and went with a marathon/lightweight/commando UMP build and once I got the feel of its recoil I respected it more. Then I put on the silencer and couldn't believe it.

I was playing FFA and going consistently 30-10 and just having a blast. Switched up and started using UAV/predator/harrier exclusively and put my headphones back on. I actually stopped running so much (don't have ninja back yet) and would pounce on guys or be ready based on the noise they were making.

I've also found I don't care for Domination quite as much anymore (which i played almost exclusively), but I had a blast getting re-acquainted with S&D though, nothing like being last team member alive against multiple enemies and pulling out the win.

what. a. rush.

I get really angry with S&D, its like playing a mode full of campers and I happen to be awful at camping. I start to feel really guilty about it and end up making an error, even though I know I'll die and I know if I stay where I am, I'll probably be fine.

How's everyone else approaching this mode? tips on how to win?

kaizoku said:
I get really angry with S&D, its like playing a mode full of campers and I happen to be awful at camping. I start to feel really guilty about it and end up making an error, even though I know I'll die and I know if I stay where I am, I'll probably be fine.

How's everyone else approaching this mode? tips on how to win?

Have you ever seen "War Games?"

The only way to win is not to play.

Top Bottom