• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

aku:jiki

So is the patch that is now out the one that they took back to fix CP glitching 100%? If so, I'm gonna play all damn weekend to celebrate the return to playability. :D

Too bad I still had 700 kills to go with blinged Models. :(

KingOfSoap said:
Haha, right, try the SPAS.
SPAS is the worst one to put a silencer on! Its wonderful range is reduced to like the range the AA-12 has. :/

Belfast

ZeroRay said:
Having both versions, the 360 does have more skilled players. Only played a few hours with my friend running around like a chicken with his head cut off on the 360 (.55 KDR) but the guys over there seem to react faster than on PS3. Don't know if it's lag but a lot of PS3 players have the reflexes of a snail moving through molasses (Stole that line from blametruth).

I'm going to venture a guess that the 360 has more skilled players because it likely has more players in general.

uraldix

Belfast said:
I'm going to venture a guess that the 360 has more skilled players because it likely has more players in general.

That would also mean that there are more unskilled players

divisionbyzorro said:
So is it weird that I'm P1L70 and there are a lot of guns I have never used (aside from perhaps picking them up off the ground occasionally)?

• MG4
  • L86
  • M240
  • WA2000
  • M21
  • F2000
  • Desert Eagle
  • TMP
  • Mini-Uzi
  • Vector

This feels wrong to me. I feel like I have some catching up to do.

If I looked, my list would be longer. I only use a few guns these days. I think I tried a lot of them before the prestige but have only used 4-5 since.

RavenFox

Banned
SundaySounds said:
Am I the only one who has never seen this CP hack been used? Is there only one specific gametype you can use it on? I only really play HC TDM.
You don't see it just listen and look to the skies.

Belfast said:

HALO for god's sakes people. HALO. 360 owners are good at fps's on console because of years and years of halo.

Also, 5 bucks a month = less casual.

I just switched over to the PS3 version from the 360 version. So far, I'm only at 1.15 on PS3 versus 1.43 on 360, lulz. Combination of care package glitching douches and me not having my favorite perks/weapons. I find the burst guns like the FAMAS and M16 easier to use on PS3, quicker to mash R1 than RT.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Mr. B Natural said:
HALO for god's sakes people. HALO. 360 owners are good at fps's on console because of years and years of halo.

As a random aside, I tried playing Halo 3 again recently to fill my MW2'less world, and that game feels so awful in comparison.

The controls are all crazy and you can't sprint.

Really jarring...

Kapura

Banned
RubxQub said:
As a random aside, I tried playing Halo 3 again recently to fill my MW2'less world, and that game feels so awful in comparison.

Really jarring...
I reverted to halo when 1887's were all the rage. I thought it was awesome being able to not die as soon as somebody saw you. But now that MW2 is less exploitable, I'll be coming back. What are some good playlists to go into solo?

moojito

I was playing tdm on sub base the other day, and got my 4-kill care package thing then got killed. On my way to my care package dropping point (the same corner near C flag I assume everyone goes to), I managed to get another 4-kill streak. So I had 2 up at once. Didn't know you could do that. Anyhoo, AC130 in one, harrier strike the other. Good times!

jayb

Mr. B Natural said:

I agree. Also, it seems to me that a larger percentage of 360 owners tend to focus on playing more FPS games; while PS3 owners tend to play a more varied genre of games.

this, of course, is in my non-expert guesstimate, in which I know nothing about what the true statistics might be.

Wthermans

Banned
VALKYRAY said:
been playing PC version for few days, it's full of cheaters. PC version sucks
I've played nightly since release and see a hacker in one game maybe once every 3-4 days. As long as it's not an aimbotter, you can usually still pull a better KDR than they can. :lol

lionelhutz

RubxQub said:

Really jarring...

I did the same thing. It felt like I was playing a slideshow. The game seemed to play extrememly slow, but I do miss the strategy with Halo 3. Halo3 looks really out dated compared to MW2 as far as graphics are concerned. I don't see myself going back to Halo 3 unless my friends move to it or I get really burned out on MW2.

kuYuri

Fourzerotwo retweeted this:

thevowel There's a new update for Modern Warfare 2 on Xbox LIVE. Everyone will get it over the next couple of hours.

Let's hope it's a permanent fix alright.

i_am_ben said:
I wonder if you got an updated patch or just the one that ps3 got last week (the one that doesn't prevent all unlimited care package glitching)

Apparently, that patch for 360 was taken back after they realized it didn't fix it on PS3, to put in the more "permanent" fix. Otherwise, this patch would have been out at least a week ago.

fourzerotwo said:
There's a new update for Modern Warfare 2 on Xbox LIVE. Everyone will get it over the next couple of hours.

Alleluia. I will love playing me some demolition now. There's a lot of middle/high school kids that are gonna be pissed off.

DigitalBath said:
So your missile divides itself in 3 parts and takes out 2 enemy harriers and a pavelow. Cool man.

If they're close, the explosion from one of them takes out all of them. Learn your facts dude.

On another note: nuke #9 came on Scrapyard today. Ground War Dom, just like the other 8. Once more, and I'll never have to use nukes again.

jedimike

Belfast said:

It could also be that there is a better matchmaking algorythm on the 360... Maybe IW is using MS's "TrueSkills" system.

Najaf

Judgment said:
I try to play so the game is going as fast as possible... I find it to be much more exciting, especially using the highest possible sensitivity :D

UMP + silencer
Marathon
Lightweight
Commando
M9 + Tactical Knife
Throwing Knives + Stunners

I'm not intending to criticize your kit, but a while back in this thread we discussed the benefits and drawbacks of the tac knife. Because the tac knife removes the ability to lunge, this makes commando moot. Unless you are using commando pro exclusively for no fall damage, you are only benefiting from it while holding the UMP. I personally use a shotgun with my sprint class. Just some food for thought. But hey, if it works for you, then awesome.

moai said:
it's hilarious watching this idiots going up and down a car or a box, just to get nothing :lol

Oh they get plenty from going up and down on those things, buddy.

Insert inappropriate One Man Army, Marathon, Gun Reloading, Tango Sucka, etc joke here

salva said:
lets predict what the next glitch will be!

i say some sort of infinite nootubes (no one army or scavenger)

There are still ways to care package glitch if i'm not mistaken. They just took out the more wide spread version of it. The not-so widespread ways will probably become widespread soon enough.

careful

What's the "health" damage of windows in this game? It must be greater than 100 right? I fired a silenced burst of FAMAS/M16 with Stopping Power from across the map in highrise and still didn't break the glass.

Been using Ak-47 and Deagle setup lately. Feels good to go back to my CoD4 days. It's weird because I hardly seen anyone use the AK before I reached lvl. 70, now I see it quite often now.

UFRA

careful said:
What's the "health" damage of windows in this game? It must be greater than 100 right? I fired a silenced burst of FAMAS/M16 with Stopping Power from across the map in highrise and still didn't break the glass.

Either you missed horribly, or the glass was already broken and you didn't know it...

aku:jiki

Najaf said:
I'm not intending to criticize your kit, but a while back in this thread we discussed the benefits and drawbacks of the tac knife. Because the tac knife removes the ability to lunge, this makes commando moot. Unless you are using commando pro exclusively for no fall damage, you are only benefiting from it while holding the UMP. I personally use a shotgun with my sprint class. Just some food for thought. But hey, if it works for you, then awesome.
I'm gonna have to apologize for spreading this misinformation for the rest of my GAF life, aren't I? :lol

I was the one posting all that and I was wrong. Commando DOES add lunge to the TK. It puts it at about the range of the normal knife, and it's vital for exclusive knife-running.

Mr. B Natural said:
There are still ways to care package glitch if i'm not mistaken. They just took out the more wide spread version of it. The not-so widespread ways will probably become widespread soon enough.
That's on PS3 and it already happened. It's supposed to be permanently fixed on 360 now.

kitch9

Banned
VALKYRAY said:
been playing PC version for few days, it's full of cheaters. PC version sucks

I beg to differ my man. Equip cold blooded pro and ninja and see if anybody finds you hidden in the grass in wasteland. I've been doing this to check for hackers and NOBODY has found me when they shouldn't

Its bullshit and people just whinging as they died which this thread is full of.

If anybody is using the cracked version to play on-line well they get segregated apparently so that will be hackers hell yes.

pffft

Neo Member
Mr. B Natural said:
Yeah, can't say I've taken out 3, but I have taken out a pavelow and harrier with one shot. All I had to say at the time was "Huh...wow...didn't know I could do that. That should have been a challenge/emblem" :-/
i've had one stinger missile take out two harriers and a pavelow. needless to say that was one hell of a game experience wise.

rezuth

I'm finally starting to get some good games going. I made a kit that I'm happy with and today was my first real killing streak. 16 people, yea, not that many but seeing as I went from FPS exclusive on PC to playing on console with a gamepad. I think it is good enough for being just a few weeks.

I'm usually going 3/1 on matches now but damn, it seems I constantly get backstabbed but I guess that is what you get for trying to do the objectives and not just sit in a corner.

th3dude

rezuth said:
I'm finally starting to get some good games going. I made a kit that I'm happy with and today was my first real killing streak. 16 people, yea, not that many but seeing as I went from FPS exclusive on PC to playing on console with a gamepad. I think it is good enough for being just a few weeks.

I'm usually going 3/1 on matches now but damn, it seems I constantly get backstabbed but I guess that is what you get for trying to do the objectives and not just sit in a corner.

What kit are you using?

rezuth

sn1pes said:
What kit are you using?
Heh, at the risk of sounding like a noob I'm using.

ACR + Nade Launcher (I prefer the ACR from the SCAR, the latter has such a big recoil I have trouble if I miss the first bullet. Nade launcher for cleaning out the occasional stronghold filled with enemies.)
SPAS + Grip (Great secondary weapon with good damage and long range. Great to switch to when you go inside buildings)

Claymore (Mostly to protect me from being backstabbed)

Marathon Pro (I keep moving constantly so I found it useful)
Hardline Pro (Getting my Predator Missile with the fourth kill instead of fifth makes a world of difference.)
Ninja Pro (I hate people hearing me)

Hyunkel6

rezuth said:
Heh, at the risk of sounding like a noob I'm using.

ACR + Nade Launcher (I prefer the ACR from the SCAR, the latter has such a big recoil I have trouble if I miss the first bullet. Nade launcher for cleaning out the occasional stronghold filled with enemies.)
SPAS + Grip (Great secondary weapon with good damage and long range. Great to switch to when you go inside buildings)

Claymore (Mostly to protect me from being backstabbed)

Marathon Pro (I keep moving constantly so I found it useful)
Hardline Pro (Getting my Predator Missile with the fourth kill instead of fifth makes a world of difference.)
Ninja Pro (I hate people hearing me)
I had a similar kit a while ago. However, I found out that I was always running out of ammo pretty quickly. I switched to scavenger for big maps, and to stopping power for smaller maps. But yeah, great kit.

th3dude

Just to hear some opinions, here's my current favorite kit:

ACR w/ Silencer & Red Dot Sight
SPAS12 Red Dot
Claymore
Stun Granade

Bling Pro
Stopping Power Pro
Ninja Pro

I'd love to switch to cold blooded, but I feel like I don't do as well without SP :(

moojito

sn1pes said:
Just to hear some opinions, here's my current favorite kit:

ACR w/ Silencer & Red Dot Sight
SPAS12 Red Dot
Claymore
Stun Granade

Bling Pro
Stopping Power Pro
Ninja Pro

I'd love to switch to cold blooded, but I feel like I don't do as well without SP :(

That looks alright, though I find the acr sights to be pretty good already, so normally go with sleight of hand for the quicker ads. In fact, at super long ranges I'd say there are times when the red dot is too big to aim accurately, where the iron sights have a very fine point.

Also, do you find yourself aiming down the sights with the shotgun? I find that I don't really have the time, as it's my face-to face meeting weapon. Grip is the way to go there, I think.

Man the game was unplayable today. Had hosts quiting left and right, don't think I got through one match without the host leaving. Sometimes it was 2/3 times a match. Had troubles finding a game as well and when I did, they were pretty laggy.

th3dude

moojito said:
That looks alright, though I find the acr sights to be pretty good already, so normally go with sleight of hand for the quicker ads. In fact, at super long ranges I'd say there are times when the red dot is too big to aim accurately, where the iron sights have a very fine point.

Also, do you find yourself aiming down the sights with the shotgun? I find that I don't really have the time, as it's my face-to face meeting weapon. Grip is the way to go there, I think.
Sight is only on the shotgun because I didn't unlock grip yet. As for red dot, I just can never seem to master any iron sights, but I may try.

Jrmint

.nimrod said:
nope, i've certainly spotted some cold blooded guys thanks to the aim assist
Not Cold Blooded Pro. The Pro version makes it so your name doesn't appear to your enemy which I would think would make it so it doesn't aim assist onto him.

Top Bottom