• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Mileena

Banned
mr_boo said:
While back, some of y'all recommended the Raffica for Secondary - thanks for that. Raffica is pretty sweet even though I still have the very bad habit of not switching to the secondary enough. Though, whenever I do use the Raffica it impresses with its accuracy and small (if none) recoil.

corkscrewblow & MidnightRider: Thanks for the kits. I was planning on using UMP kits this weekend in TDM matches, solely in: Quarry, Invasion, Rundown and maybe Karachi. All other maps I would think I'd get mowed down by ARs. If anyone thinks otherwise on those maps, let me know please. Thanks.
UMP I think is viable on all maps (yes even that pile of garbage Derail) because it can really destroy people long range. Just remember the gun DOES have a decent amount of recoil so you can't just spray medium-long range. Two shot bursts works well imo.

Judgment

Neo Member
I try to play so the game is going as fast as possible... I find it to be much more exciting, especially using the highest possible sensitivity :D

UMP + silencer
Marathon
Lightweight
Commando
M9 + Tactical Knife
Throwing Knives + Stunners

So is it weird that I'm P1L70 and there are a lot of guns I have never used (aside from perhaps picking them up off the ground occasionally)?

• MG4
  • L86
  • M240
  • WA2000
  • M21
  • F2000
  • Desert Eagle
  • TMP
  • Mini-Uzi
  • Vector

This feels wrong to me. I feel like I have some catching up to do.

divisionbyzorro said:
So is it weird that I'm P1L70 and there are a lot of guns I have never used (aside from perhaps picking them up off the ground occasionally)?

• MG4
  • L86
  • M240
  • WA2000
  • M21
  • F2000
  • Desert Eagle
  • TMP
  • Mini-Uzi
  • Vector

Most of those, in my opinion, are trash. Don't bother with them.

EDIT: Speaking of guns, I can't believe how AR-heavy this game is. I was killing snipers on Afghan with the ACR. The lack of recoil on that thing is absurd. Then you move to the TAR, SCAR, and M16/FAMAS (whatever you prefer) and realize you can have an AR as the only gun on all your kits and do just fine. Snipers are *almost* worthless in anything besides Derail, Wasteland, and Estate. So sad.

Jrmint

The bottom 3 guns in that list are worth a try I would say. The others are pretty rubbish. I never like using LMGs, and there is no real reason to use any sniper other than Intervention/Barrett depending on your preference.

Mini Uzi and Vector are both fun SMGs in my opinion and definitely worth a try if you have only been using the UMP for SMGs. TMP isn't a bad machine pistol, but it doesn't really offer anything the others don't, just preference really.

aku:jiki

Skel said:
TMP isn't a bad machine pistol, but it doesn't really offer anything the others don't, just preference really.
Yes, it does - massive power! The TMP is seriously one of the most effective weapons in the game. It's just that you only have one kill per clip (unless you're a master burster), and I think like 3 clips total.

Oh, and the MG4 is fun just because the FMJ is called Explosive Rounds which is just badass in itself. When I wrote the last sentence, I didn't think they actually exploded, then I found this video where they DO! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmYiJWGiNWw

kuYuri

divisionbyzorro said:
  • MG4 - Probably most accurate LMG with grip being not as necessary, but one of the weakest and long reload time.
  • L86 - High power for a starting LMG, bad iron sights.
  • M240 - Good accuracy and rate of fire, weak power similar to MG4.
  • WA2000 - Personally don't like it, power never seems enough even with stopping power and it feels really slow.
  • M21 - Good accuracy and rate of fire, minimal recoil, expect two hit kills often if aiming for anything other than head.
  • F2000 - Crazy ridiculous recoil due to rate of fire, headshots happen often as a result, but overall one of worst assault rifles, even weapon, of the game. Best used at medium to short range.
  • Desert Eagle - Powerful but has too much recoil now, much prefer 44. Revolver.
  • TMP - Good accuracy and rate of fire, but low power and especially low magazine.
  • Mini-Uzi - Sooo much better than CoD4 Mini-Uzi, it has better iron sights and better accuracy.
  • Vector - Despite high rate of fire, has good accuracy and little recoil, but lowest power of all SMGs.

How I rate them.

rodvik

mr_boo said:
Been thinking of a SMG Kit and most of y'all already recommended UMP. You mind sharing your UMP Kits?

for HC

UMP silenced
Silenced Shotgun OR Javelin

Scavenger
ColdBlooded
Ninja

It works great, a bit too great to be honest. I am now trying out different guns and perks because the above ones are just so well optimised it gets a bit dull.

Right now I am mixing it up with the F2000 its somewhere between an SMG and a rifle and seems underused out there so its fun to mess with.

Xux

divisionbyzorro said:

• MG4 The sights remind me of the Browning from WaW.
  • L86 This gun has a nice loud sound to it. Looks kinda funny with its SUSAT scope.
  • M240 The only time I've ever seen this, the guy had Blue Tiger on it. Probably tied with the TMP in terms of rarity.
  • WA2000 Really weird lookin'. I think it sounds better than the M21, though.
  • M21 Feels like an awkward FAL. Like the telescopic stock.
  • F2000 Love the sound and look of this gun. Weird how the Masterkey pokes out farther than the barrel of the gun.
  • Desert Eagle Great sound; really satisfying to shoot.
  • TMP The iron sight is a little orange nipple.
  • Mini-Uzi Collapsible stocks are weird. Uzis have always looks weird to me.
  • Vector Another weirdo gun. Don't think I've ever seriously used it and've just switched it out to the P90 at the last minute every time.

Here's my thoughts on these guns.

CozMick

Banned
Finally reached level 70 and unlocked the ALMIGHTY AK-47

God damn this weapon is a beast, loved it in CoD4 and absolutely bloody adore it on this game.

Prestige?.............yeah right :lol

MidnightRider said:

Good ignore me if you can't handle the truth.

I own both PS3 and 360 and had MW2 for both systems. (sold it on the PS3 due to lack of skilled players) it's boring when you rape everyone. I was still at a 2.74 KDR when I sold the game. On xbox I am just a shitty 1.78

The skill level drops significantly when playing on the PS3.

Yeh, cuz 360 iz for teh hardcore!!!

You're an idiot

Mileena

Banned
rodvik said:
for HC

UMP silenced
Silenced Shotgun OR Javelin

Scavenger
ColdBlooded
Ninja

It works great, a bit too great to be honest. I am now trying out different guns and perks because the above ones are just so well optimised it gets a bit dull.

Right now I am mixing it up with the F2000 its somewhere between an SMG and a rifle and seems underused out there so its fun to mess with.
Why the hell do people silence their shotgun? They already have no range why make it worse?

MidnightRider said:
I own both PS3 and 360 and had MW2 for both systems. (sold it on the PS3 due to lack of skilled players) it's boring when you rape everyone.

I hate to agree here, but I have also felt the same. A mate of mine has the PS3 version of WaW and MW:2 and whenever we pile down there and have a few games, it does feel like I'm playing against less skilled players. You just don't seem to get killed as easily. Whereas when you play on the 360, you need to be so much more alert and faster on the trigger.

I don't know, I thought maybe it was a lag thing at first but the more I played on that version, the more I convinced myself that maybe the PS3 version has a younger audience playing it rather than simply less skilled players?

As I said, I don't know only it does feel different.

ZeroRay

Having both versions, the 360 does have more skilled players. Only played a few hours with my friend running around like a chicken with his head cut off on the 360 (.55 KDR) but the guys over there seem to react faster than on PS3. Don't know if it's lag but a lot of PS3 players have the reflexes of a snail moving through molasses (Stole that line from blametruth).

kitch9

Banned
MarkMclovin said:
I hate to agree here, but I have also felt the same. A mate of mine has the PS3 version of WaW and MW:2 and whenever we pile down there and have a few games, it does feel like I'm playing against less skilled players. You just don't seem to get killed as easily. Whereas when you play on the 360, you need to be so much more alert and faster on the trigger.

I don't know, I thought maybe it was a lag thing at first but the more I played on that version, the more I convinced myself that maybe the PS3 version has a younger audience playing it rather than simply less skilled players?

As I said, I don't know only it does feel different.

Its probably the other way round, younger players on the 360 hutched up close to their screens in their bedrooms and older players playing laid on the couch on the PS3 in a more relaxed style.

Its easier to get in the zone when you are close to the screen and have the cat like reflexes of a 14-20 year old.

Once we get old, fat and laid 8-10ft away from the screen it all gets fucked.

CozMick said:
Finally reached level 70 and unlocked the ALMIGHTY AK-47

God damn this weapon is a beast, loved it in CoD4 and absolutely bloody adore it on this game.

Prestige?.............yeah right :lol

Try expanded mags + scavenger = Ownage :D

aku:jiki said:
Supposedly you shouldn't use anything but iron sights as attachments lower the accuracy for the AK. You can see it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55c3u62xHOM (You can barely feel this problem if you just spray most of the time though.)

I just discovered the AK a few matches ago myself! I used to hate it but now it felt just fine, awesome even. And holy shit, it switches to the noobtube SO fast! I had no idea about that little perk and that just scored me a beautiful multi-kill on Favela when the whole team tried to take our flag. :D

I actually tried this out now myself and it's true. Attachements cause a slight (realistic!) sway. No doubt that this is a bug though. (waiting for a fix...)

In the end, I think the advantage of using FMJ or extended mags far outclasses the disandvantages though.

kitch9 said:
Its probably the other way round, younger players on the 360 hutched up close to their screens in their bedrooms and older players playing laid on the couch on the PS3 in a more relaxed style.

Its easier to get in the zone when you are close to the screen and have the cat like reflexes of a 14-20 year old.

True, there are a lot of kids with a lof of skill! After all, they have better reflexes and more time! :lol

Hanmik

I remember seeing a video in this thread. It was some guy who wanted you to pay him to be better at the game.. can anyone find this video again..?

jonremedy

schennmu said:
True, there are a lot of kids with a lof of skill! After all, they have better reflexes and more time! :lol

Yeah, there's a lot of kids with insane skill. I find it doubly annoying when 12-year olds wipe the floor with me, compared to people my own age doing it :lol

kitch9 said:

Good point. I preferred the PS3 versions too because yeah, it does feel more relaxed (only I can't play with the PS3 controller)

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
my only experience with PS3 vs 360 is that my PS3 fanboy mate joins us on the 360 and the one time he joined us for a party ground war session, he left within 3 minutes complaining about lag, campers and shit players :lol

I think he was just annoyed cos he was losing to be honest. He didn't really try to adjust to the controller or whatever.

He's apparently a really good player on the PS3, he must be on his 4th/5th prestige by now and he's non prestige 14 on xbox and he was getting owned basically.

I have another PS3 fanboy friend who did manage to make the adjustment in order to play with us and he's very good on the 360, not sure if he was any better on the PS3 though.

bottom line is its individual how good or bad someone is at anything (obviously), and xbox live has more of both!

but if it was the same person, xbox controller allows them to be better at the game.

.nimrod

kaizoku said:
[...]but if it was the same person, xbox controller allows them to be better at the game.

it's the exact opposite for me, i can't aim with the short sticks on the 360 pad. maybe i'm just not used to it, but i can aim more precise with my dualshock.
i might even have to get some of those stick extensions for the 360

Jrmint

Yes, it does - massive power! The TMP is seriously one of the most effective weapons in the game. It's just that you only have one kill per clip (unless you're a master burster), and I think like 3 clips total.
Eh I never noticed much additional power over the PP2000, and with the PP I'm pretty sure you start with 40 ammo in reserves as opposed to 30 with the TMP. If there is a power difference it is marginal at best, and I love the PP. But that is just personal experience, mileage may vary.

Sealda

Banned
Well the WA2000 is theoretically the best sniper (based om DMG charts on the body parts). Its also the only sniper worth having silencer or hardline equipped with.

Roxas

Joined a game of Domination which was pure insane. Emergency airdrop glitchers. There must've been about 20 crates on at once. Unbelievable.

Oh, and the MG4 is fun just because the FMJ is called Explosive Rounds which is just badass in itself. When I wrote the last sentence, I didn't think they actually exploded, then I found this video where they DO! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmYiJWGiNWw

That would only be useful if Danger Close gave the gun a damage boost. Danger Close Pro is incredibly effective on killstreaks, and if "Explosive Rounds" could be boosted by Danger Close, that would be a very effective way to run that kit.

greenjerk said:
Joined a FFA game late last night with the majority of guys running marathon, lightweight and commando. holy shit the insanity!

I would love to see a FFA playlist where each game put all players in some random goofy kit. Knife running on Rust (no guns!), akimbo MPs on Favela, noob tube classes, Deagles only, etc... It would be a fun, goofy place to go play around in when you didn't feel like being serious.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Jeez, you can really clear some fucking rooms with dual sub machine guns. God damn! I've been an assault rifle man my whole time here, but I oughta try this ought more often.:lol

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
divisionbyzorro said:
I would love to see a FFA playlist where each game put all players in some random goofy kit. Knife running on Rust (no guns!), akimbo MPs on Favela, noob tube classes, Deagles only, etc... It would be a fun, goofy place to go play around in when you didn't feel like being serious.

I've done Rust in private matches with the riot shield gear. Its funny, esp if you see a guy risk pulling out his pistol to have a pop and you chuck a throwing knife at him.

We ended up throwing knives at each others toes, then picking each others knives up when we'd missed. fun stuff.

Cornbread78

sweetvar26 said:
This thread has gone off topic, now lets all get along :D

Hey, you have thea avatar of the year! LUV IT! BOSTON SPORTS RULE!

Now with that being said...

Please Calm down the NOOB Tubing/Danger Close Combo Played a game last nigtht and these guys were hust running around teh map with scavenger just shooting it all directions with the granade launchers, RPGs, granade launchers and RPGs... SOOO ANNoying!

Jrmint

Patch is out on 360.

That is the good news.

The bad news is I was playing a match on Afghan going 29-5 when it updated and I lost that whole match.

DarkJC

Skel said:
Patch is out on 360.

That is the good news.

The bad news is I was playing a match on Afghan going 29-5 when it updated and I lost that whole match.

So this fixes infinite care packages, and the care package running glitch, and the 1887s again, anything else I'm missing?

KingOfSoap

Neo Member
corkscrewblow said:
Why the hell do people silence their shotgun? They already have no range why make it worse?

Haha, right, try the SPAS.

I am not exclusivly using the TAR FMJ with marathon pro and lightweight pro. Secondary is the SPAS. So used to the higher movement speed that I have an hardtime when not playing with it.

divisionbyzorro said:
Limiting kits is something I miss from Ghost Recon. Pistol matches, grenade matches, locking certain weapons, would've been fun. I realize that's all counter to the current matchmaking system, but restricting kits somehow would be fun.

SpeedingUptoStop

Skel said:
Patch is out on 360.

That is the good news.

playing right now, i don't see it.

Jrmint

SpeedingUptoStop said:
playing right now, i don't see it.
Quit to dashboard and load the game again. I guess it booted me bc I was playing right when it happened or I got disconnected from my connection, not sure.

VALKYRAY said:
been playing PC version for few days, it's full of cheaters. PC version sucks

BFBC2

The grass is greener

I've notice a mass migration of all the people on my friend list sick of all the glitching and cheating.

Jrmint

DigitalBath said:
So your missile divides itself in 3 parts and takes out 2 enemy harriers and a pavelow. Cool man.
If they are all close this can happen. I have had a Pave Low and a Harrier go down in 1 rocket before. Never 3, but as long as they are all nearby each other it could happen.

kaizoku said:
my only experience with PS3 vs 360 is that my PS3 fanboy mate joins us on the 360 and the one time he joined us for a party ground war session, he left within 3 minutes complaining about lag, campers and shit players :lol

I think he was just annoyed cos he was losing to be honest. He didn't really try to adjust to the controller or whatever.

He's apparently a really good player on the PS3, he must be on his 4th/5th prestige by now and he's non prestige 14 on xbox and he was getting owned basically.

I have another PS3 fanboy friend who did manage to make the adjustment in order to play with us and he's very good on the 360, not sure if he was any better on the PS3 though.

bottom line is its individual how good or bad someone is at anything (obviously), and xbox live has more of both!

but if it was the same person, xbox controller allows them to be better at the game.

It's not complicated why 360 owners are better at console fps's than ps owners. Think folks...think about it. It starts with an H and ends with an Alo. Years and years of practice that can be applied to any fps. The pay to play aspect to microsoft's Live doesn't help to populate the casual crowd. It's been shown that 360 owners buy and play games a lot. It's the click that microsoft attracted and continues to attract.

My KDR is at 1.98. I can almost taste my 2.

Skel said:
If they are all close this can happen. I have had a Pave Low and a Harrier go down in 1 rocket before. Never 3, but as long as they are all nearby each other it could happen.

Yeah, can't say I've taken out 3, but I have taken out a pavelow and harrier with one shot. All I had to say at the time was "Huh...wow...didn't know I could do that. That should have been a challenge/emblem" :-/

SpeedingUptoStop

Just saw somebody matyrdom FTW in a deathmatch game.:lol :lol I put a claymore down, then i died. Claymore kils the guys, his matyrdom grenade rolls down the stairs and kills a teammate of mine.:lol

jayb

SpeedingUptoStop said:
Just saw somebody matyrdom FTW in a deathmatch game.:lol :lol I put a claymore down, then i died. Claymore kils the guys, his matyrdom grenade rolls down the stairs and kills a teammate of mine.:lol

man, I really wish they would let you save/upload at the very least those game winning kills.

Is it really that hard, IW? Madden 10 and some other games let you do it pretty easily.

Top Bottom