• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

kuYuri

corkscrewblow said:
So CP glitch is fixed on 360? I wonder when PS3 will get it fixed

Yeah, it's fixed from the looks of it, but on PS3, they never fixed the alternate method of infinite CP glitch (the one that involves using special grenades). That should be forthcoming according to Fourzerotwo.

aku:jiki

JustHadToJoin said:
is there a call of duty gaf chat on ps3?
No idea, but I played against someone rocking the GAF tag on 360 last night!

I was DROGTURIST and I was probably being annoying with a sniper, who were you? :D

Najaf

Mikey Jr. said:
Yeah, thats what I wanna know.

Infinity Ward - FourZeroTwo said:
We've updated the PS3 & Xbox 360 version of Modern Warfare 2, including the following fixes:

- Care Package, Emergency Airdrop, and Sentry Gun marker grenades sprint speed normalized.
- Fix for "infinite care package" exploit.
- Sentry Guns: Improved placement detection, preventing cases of Sentry Guns inside geometry.
- Model 1887: Bling using Akimbo and FMJ combination now has same range and damage as non-Bling Model 1887s.
- Fixes to prevent various XP hacks (including the prevention of negative XP)

Note to PS3 Player: The PS3 still needs to receive one additional fix, regarding the infinite care package exploit - not included in this patch - which will come in the near future.

http://www.infinityward.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=260502&p=3829920#p3829920

eek5

rodvik said:
For me in HC, its one shot one kill anyway and most good players are playing with headphones so the silencer has a noticeable effect.

For range the UMP in that build is a beast at long/med/short range so the silenced shotgun is just for turning corners in enclosed spaces or room clearing. Works a treat.
I think that's a bad way to rationalize it. For most guns the silencer just shortens the damage dropoff range but for shotguns it actually cuts the range of the shotgun down by quite a significant amount. (there is a cutoff where the buckshot stops traveling) In HC I would think you would want to use the shotgun damage to your advantage since the fringe boundary of damage/nodamage would probably still kill in HC and since it is OHK people won't be around to hear anything.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Draft said:
I was sure there was a assault rifle damage nerf in the patch, but I should have known is was just my suckiness trying to rationalize itself :lol

To be honest, while playing last night...I felt me Scar/Hardline class wasn't nearly as effective as it usually is.

LeMaximilian said:
To be honest, while playing last night...I felt me Scar/Hardline class wasn't nearly as effective as it usually is.

Played some today myself and was amazed by how even more random my famas with stopping power build was. I was One shotting people while others simply would not drop. I wonder if the patch made the game even more laggy. That would be great.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
There have been more times than not during the past few days where, when I'm shooting somebody on my screen as I die, the killcam doesn't show me firing a single shot. :-| and people killing me from behind walls happens all the time. I'm getting shot, run for cover and definitely make it, then I die - look at the kill cam and I don't even make it to the cover. :-| Sometimes it's like I hang in place just before I'm behind the wall, like the gun tracking is holding me back.

Draft

LeMaximilian said:
I'm trying SCAR/hardline too after watching your vid. I'm not nearly as effective with it as you are, but for the last few days, I had used that build pretty extensively and sort of got a feel for how many shots I needed to land to kill someone. Last night, dudes I would have definitely considered dead before just keep moving.

moojito

VaLiancY said:
23/40 FMJ kills.

Son of a bitch. I shot like 50 dudes last night and I got only 3 kills.

I've never bothered to grind this out myself, but I'd imagine you'd have to abandon your normal playstile and run to a window and just wait there til someone comes into view, then run to another window, rinse and repeat. I guess favela will be the best map for this. Maybe derail if you're lucky enough to get the upper building to yourself.

Oh, and terminal. That corridor with the glass windows all along one side would work well, too.

jedimike

VaLiancY said:
23/40 FMJ kills.

It'll come... just remember to try to position yourself so your bullets are going through something.

Sub Base is a good map for FMJ kills. Below the computer room is a fenced area and people are ALWAYS going through that area. Position yourself in the back of the room and shoot them through the fence as they run for the stairs. It's not the most admirable method, but it gets the job done.

Several of the maps have similar types of areas... even if you're not purposely seeking out FMJ kills, you'll still get the 40 kills eventually.

shermas

VaLiancY said:
23/40 FMJ kills.

yeah, the FMJ requirement is a pain in the ass. the sub base spot (under the control room, with the fence) is a pretty good spot. you can put a claymore behind you and just look for people running into the room and get a few FMJ kills.

Jrmint

VaLiancY said:
23/40 FMJ kills.

Terminal is the absolute best map for this, I usually would get 5-7 bullet pen in there.
Favela was always second best for me.

Also Karachi, when people sit behind that couch at A (Domination) if you shoot through that counts too.

It really doesn't take as long as you think.

Edit - After reading posts, Windows don't work as well as you would think. The bullet that kills the guy needs to be shot through the window, so for example the top windows in that building on Derailed don't work great unless he is right under it bc the bullet that ends up killing the guy most likely isn't go through the window. Hope that makes sense.

Now a good window to shoot through is if you're in the cockpit in Terminal and shoot through the long glass hallway, I rack them up with that method.

Skel said:
Terminal is the absolute best map for this, I usually would get 5-7 bullet pen in there.
Favela was always second best for me.

Also Karachi, when people sit behind that couch at A (Domination) if you shoot through that counts too.

It really doesn't take as long as you think.

Edit - After reading posts, Windows don't work as well as you would think. The bullet that kills the guy needs to be shot through the window, so for example the top windows in that building on Derailed don't work great unless he is right under it bc the bullet that ends up killing the guy most likely isn't go through the window. Hope that makes sense.

Now a good window to shoot through is if you're in the cockpit in Terminal and shoot through the long glass hallway, I rack them up with that method.
Hardcore headquarters. Bring a sniper or an AR with stopping power and FMJ. Guaranteed to work.

Mileena

Banned
HC HQ is the most rage inducing mode in the game. There are times when I'll get shot in the back or noob tubed in the back for like 10-15 straight deaths. RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE.

Stantron

I love how I can put several bullets into an enemy and he can still lunge with his knife at an odd angle and kill me. :/

Scrambler Pro should allow you to place the unit down to use as a decoy, or turn it on/off while on your person, or both.

eek5

Stantron said:
I love how I can put several bullets into an enemy and he can still lunge with his knife at an odd angle and kill me. :/

Scrambler Pro should allow you to place the unit down to use as a decoy, or turn it on/off while on your person, or both.
Lol that'd actually be worth it if you could put the beacon down.

Now I see why you guys get mad when you play this game. IT's because you know you're good but when you don't play to your full potential its infuriating, right? Me, I suck at this game. I'll be lucky to get 0.8 ratio or 7 kill streak. So I don't really have much expectation, I just kinda have fun whenever I get a kill here or there.

Yes this was just a post to say I'm happy to finally buy this game :)

VaLiancY

I'm using the SCAR and a 30 round magazine that extended magazines gives is too good to pass up. I will still shoot people unexposed to cover instead of shooting the cover to get the kill - that's something I will never get over. I use Sleight of Hand as my Tier 1 perk because I prefer the advantage in a firefight of quick ADS.

I guess I will let it come naturally.

And I pray to every God in this world that let this map pack have maps that encourage movement instead of camping in one spot with OMA + Claymores/Scavenger + Claymores. Derail, Rundown, Karichi and so many other maps are guilty of this shit.

Stantron

Diablohead said:
Or a james bond style slide the gadget along the floor 20 foot in front of you, chuck it into battles or building windows :lol
That's even better, chuck it like a frag. Enemy can destroy it, and you can pick it back up.

As it is now, what's the point in a delayed claymore helping to infiltrate a camper if you're broadcasting your entry? Worthless IMO.

Magik

VaLiancY said:
And I pray to every God in this world that let this map pack have maps that encourage movement instead of camping in one spot with OMA + Claymores/Scavenger + Claymores. Derail, Rundown, Karichi and so many other maps are guilty of this shit.

Until OMA and Killstreak kills are fixed, no amount of maps will stop the degree of camping we are seeing in MW2.

On another note, the RDS on the F2000 has to be the absolute WORST attachment in all of Call of Duty (4, WaW, MW2). What a piece of shit that attachment is.

JustHadToJoin said:
Now I see why you guys get mad when you play this game. IT's because you know you're good but when you don't play to your full potential its infuriating, right? Me, I suck at this game. I'll be lucky to get 0.8 ratio or 7 kill streak. So I don't really have much expectation, I just kinda have fun whenever I get a kill here or there.

My God that's refreshing. You've almost convinced me to come back to this cavalcade of spite.

Tamanon

Banned
JustHadToJoin said:

Right there with you, I just love trying out the new guns and leveling them up, and being sneaky and getting the jump on folks. I'm horrible at the game really, but I love whenever a plan comes together, like guessing the movements of somebody.

VaLiancY

Fina1e said:
I think I'm one of the few people who still prefers the M16 over the Famas.

I hate the sound of most guns in this game and the M16 takes the cake. It's one of the reason why I prefer the FAMAS and I hate the sights on both guns.

careful

Fina1e said:
I think I'm one of the few people who still prefers the M16 over the Famas.
I've been going back and forth between the two.
FAMAS is a bit better for damage drop off, but the M16 with holo sight is super accurate.. It's a tough call and I could understand going either way.

VaLiancY said:
I hate the sound of most guns in this game and the M16 takes the cake. It's one of the reason why I prefer the FAMAS and I hate the sights on both guns.
I prefer the M16 iron sights to the FAMAS'. The 'tip' of the FAMAS (not sure what it's called) is just way too thin and gets easily lost aiming at anything slightly dark. At least the side 'tips' of the M16 are a bit thicker and give me a bit more of a reference point.

I haven't played MW2 for about a month. After I hit level 70, I tried to go for a Nuke. I was only after the one, but I just couldn't get it, despite coming damn close a couple of times (got a 24 killstreak once, when the game ended). I played for a week solid, and eventually gave up, as I was pretty burned out. I decided I'd play other games and come back to MW2 later.

Now that I've stopped though, I've really lost all desire to go back. The amount of shit in that game is unbelievable; I know they've patched a lot of it out, but there are some things that just won't change. People will always camp, people will always be dicks, and people will always find and abuse new exploits. Despite all that though, I was still hooked, but now that I've took a break, that hook just isn't there anymore. And with Perfect Dark just around the corner, which will undoubtedly see hundreds of hours playtime from me, I'd be surprised if I ever played MW2 ever again, so I'm just going to sell it.

Mush said:
Man I wish Scrambler would affect Heartbeat Monitors... That would be so cool.

Why? You shouldn't be using Scrambler, ever. It just tells any enemies nearby that you're around.

I can't believe the amount of times I've got kills because my radar turned fuzzy, and I used that to find somebody nearby. It doesn't even turn fuzzy/back to normal instantly either; it's gradual, so you can use the "hot or cold" method of pinpointing their exact location.

So I've gotten to where the only two remaining attachments on the AK-47 are the Thermal sight and Extended Mags. Holy shit. The ACOG is even worse on the AK-47 than I thought it would be. How is that even possible?

Other random note:

I hope that the upcoming content pack doesn't just include maps for multiplayer. I want it to include something new for class building; maybe new perks, or new equipment, or new killstreak rewards. See, maps are great, but unless you're playing on the new map, you're not getting anything for the money you spent. I want something I could use at any time.

Some suggestions:

• Equipment: Tripwire. Can't be destroyed. Place it across a walkway and you'll get an alarm when an enemy crosses over it. It helps you know when someone's sneaking up on you, but it doesn't actually do any damage. Invisible without sitrep (or looking very very closely).
  • Special Grenade: EMP Grenade. Causes a localized, very short-term EMP effect. Side effect of instantly killing a sentry gun.
  • Killstreak Bonus: Juggernaut suit. Toss a red-smoke grenade to have a juggernaut suit dropped in. Activate it to become the juggernaut until killed.
  • Perk: Operative (Red). Capture points faster, arm/defuse bombs faster, move faster with flag. Pro version causes flash/stun invulnerability.

Mileena

Banned
Magik said:
Until OMA and Killstreak kills are fixed, no amount of maps will stop the degree of camping we are seeing in MW2.

On another note, the RDS on the F2000 has to be the absolute WORST attachment in all of Call of Duty (4, WaW, MW2). What a piece of shit that attachment is.
Dude, everything about that gun is just terrible. It's like taking the ACR with it's shitty damage and removing the best part about it, the incredible accuracy. You're just left with this abomination of a gun that I don't think anyone should use except for some lolz.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
JustHadToJoin said:

We should play together, we're on the same page.
I assure you you'll get some easy XP out of me :lol

Top Bottom