• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
I usually count their max possible killstreaks to get multiple care packages before I send em abusive messages. I just call em cheaters plain and simple, don't need any insults to go with it.

Biggest draw for high sensitivity? Say someone is running around knifing people. If you try to outrun or outgun you will get killed unless you rock shotgun. Best way is to lay on a path they keep tuning and let them run right past you and take em out. If your sensitivity is low there's a good chance you won't actually be able to follow them quickly enough.

Then they turn round, dodge your slow ass aiming and teleport stab you.

Hyunkel6

This has probably been answered before, but why do most snipers use the intervention instead of the barrett? Isn't the barrette pretty much superior in every way?

lionelhutz

MidnightRider said:
Dude just give it up..... really. I will dominate your face all over this town.

What system are you playing on? If you respond with PS3 then we all already know who will win.

<------- 360

QFT

Wthermans

Banned
Hyunkel6 said:
This has probably been answered before, but why do most snipers use the intervention instead of the barrett? Isn't the barrette pretty much superior in every way?
I rarely use anything but ACOG + Intervention. It's the closest thing the game has to an unscoped bolt-action rifle like in COD1/UO/2/W@W and the other guns are too boring to use. :eek:

It's quite a challenge to have only have 1 real shot to take down your enemy.

divisionbyzorro said:
Wait...really? You're going to try to pull that shit?

Ignore'd.
FromTheFuture said:

Good ignore me if you can't handle the truth.

I own both PS3 and 360 and had MW2 for both systems. (sold it on the PS3 due to lack of skilled players) it's boring when you rape everyone. I was still at a 2.74 KDR when I sold the game. On xbox I am just a shitty 1.78

The skill level drops significantly when playing on the PS3.

Wthermans said:
I rarely use anything but ACOG + Intervention. It's the closest thing the game has to an unscoped bolt-action rifle like in COD1/UO/2/W@W and the other guns are too boring to use. :eek:

It's quite a challenge to have only have 1 real shot to take down your enemy.

I used unscoped bolt-action in W@W all the time for fun and for challenge. I don't find any of the sniper rifles to be fun whatsoever in this game.

Az

MidnightRider said:

I own both PS3 and 360 and had MW2 for both systems. (sold it on the PS3 due to lack of skilled players) it's boring when you rape everyone. I was still at a 2.74 KDR when I sold the game. On xbox I am just a shitty 1.78

Even if it was true, why would that matter unless you want to start shit in this thread.

lionelhutz

MidnightRider said:

QFT

Hyunkel6 said:

I can't speak for everyone but I use the intervention because it seems to shoot better for me. Also it doesn't seem to give your position away as easily as the Big Boy does.

When I hear a Barrett shoot that isn't silenced I pretty much know where you are the to T. I wear AX720's so pretty much any sound will let me know where you are with the Barrett being the King of the Castle when it comes to giving away your position.

TheAzRim said:
Even if it was true, why would that matter unless you want to start shit in this thread.

Look. We know why the overall playerbase could theoretically be worse. You don't have to pay to play PS3 games online. Imagine if every XBL silver user could play MW2 online; I guarantee my K/D would go up. But the insinuation that someone is inferior because they play on PS3 is, quite simply, narrow-minded and arrogant, and I don't feel like listening to it.

And I don't even own a PS3.

TheAzRim said:

As far as I know I am not starting shit with anyone but the one dude that called me a camper for using the HBS but yet turned out to be a true idiot.

Jrmint

MidnightRider said:
I can't speak for everyone but I use the intervention because it seems to shoot better for me. Also it doesn't seem to give your position away as easily as the Big Boy does.

When I hear a Barrett shoot that isn't silenced I pretty much know where you are the to T. I wear AX720's so pretty much any sound will let me know where you are with the Barrett being the King of the Castle when it comes to giving away your position.
You can hear any Sniper Rifle from miles away without a silencer. Using a silencer on a sniper just gimps the hell out of it anyway. Also they obviously show up on the map when you shoot without a silencer too.

If you prefer the Intervention that is 1 thing and that is fine, but really justifying it with what I bolded just doesn't make any sense.

Meier

divisionbyzorro said:
Wait...really? You're going to try to pull that shit?

Ignore'd.
I would definitely imagine that the general consensus is that the 360 has tougher competition simply because of the outlandish KDRs I always seem to see from PS3 players. That may or may not be true, but it's certainly the impression I get.

aku:jiki

MidnightRider said:
Dude just give it up..... really. I will dominate your face all over this town.

What system are you playing on? If you respond with PS3 then we all already know who will win.

<------- 360
360. I wouldn't mind playing you, but I assume you're american which means I'd just lag and you'd just win. I'd still give it a shot if you use a class with no bitch shit on it though - no HBS, no Last Stand, no noobtube, no RPG, no blinged Models, etc.

divisionbyzorro said:
I used unscoped bolt-action in W@W all the time for fun and for challenge. I don't find any of the sniper rifles to be fun whatsoever in this game.
I used to feel the same, but now I just... I don't know, I just "get it" or something. In the beginning, I felt like I got hit markers all over the place and like sniping was boring. After forcing myself (as it was the only way to enjoy Wasteland), I'm loving it.

I think maybe the problem is that sniping is a little jarring in this game. With most weapons you can just sloppily point and shoot and get a kill without even bursting properly or anything, and suddenly you have to perfectly aim up headshots? It feels weird when you were just spraying left and right in the last match.

If you prefer the Intervention that is 1 thing and that is fine, but really justifying it with what I bolded just doesn't make any sense.
I'm going off the top of my head with info I read when I didn't care about sniping, but I think the Intervention actually DOES kill easier. I think it gets a larger hitbox, or if it was the fact that lower abdomen is still a OHK (which it is not with the others).

Dresden

Eh? Barett does the exact same damage as the Intervention. They share the exact same multipliers as well. The only difference between the two is in how they handle and the recoil, along with ammo capacity and fire rate. So unless you just prefer how the Intervention has more sway, less bullets, and an unstable recoil after firing, it's not better than the Barett at all. It's all in your head.

MidnightRider said:

Sounds to me like you're just dumb. For about two months after MW2 came out, on the 360 version, I had a 2.5 KDR before it started to drop. The playerbase got better (or just started camping more, depends on how you feel), and it's not necessarily about some hypothetical skill difference between the two.

Better competition? Don't fucking make me laugh, if you really wanted a challenge you wouldn't be playing random people over XBL anyways. The 360 version is full of idiots as well.

Wthermans

Banned
divisionbyzorro said:
I thought the same thing as you when I first started playing MW1 only to find there was no unscoped bolt-actions in the game. I suffered through having to learn the ACOG sway and one day things just clicked. I was nailing all my close and medium range shots and I was starting to get a lot better at predicting the sway pattern for long range kills. Ever since that day when things finally came together, I haven't made the switch back to the normal scope. Nothing else in the game gives me the challenge like an ACOG/Sniper and as such I continue to play with that in order to keep interest in the game. Having to keep track of how much you're moving, how much your target is moving, and how much your scope is moving, all while trying to avoid return fire and attempting to use cover to the most of my advantage is 10x funner than simply pointing, shooting and throwing a wall of lead at a target.

butts

MidnightRider said:

Well im completely convinced now. I guess the real nubs are on PC because my kd is higher on that then on the ps3 version.

Mileena

Banned
Sealda said:
There is a reason why all CS players wants to have insanely high sensitivity. The same reason applies to MW2. Yes, even the console versions.
Most CS pros use low sensitivity(3.5 and below) with mousefix and noforce commands. You really have no fucking clue what you're talking about, nt though.

Skel said:

Did you fail to read the FIRST part of the sent. that you bolded. It clearly says I SPEAK FOR MYSELF

Dresden said:
Sounds to me like you're just dumb. For about two months after MW2 came out, on the 360 version, I had a 2.5 KDR before it started to drop. The playerbase got better (or just started camping more, depends on how you feel), and it's not necessarily about some hypothetical skill difference between the two.

Better competition? Don't fucking make me laugh, if you really wanted a challenge you wouldn't be playing random people over XBL anyways. The 360 version is full of idiots as well.
:lol :lol :lol :lol

So you're speaking from only playing the 360 version huh?

Kholdstare

Dresden said:

Players started using the noobtube and thermal snipers. :/

Mileena

Banned
He's right though, my k/d on 360 version is 1.8ish and on PS3 it's 3.09 (with 26,000+ kills mind you) but I choose to play on PS3 because I have way more friends on it. Playing with friends on PS3 > playing alone against MLG wannabe 10 year olds on 360.

Jrmint

MidnightRider said:
Did you fail to read the FIRST part of the sent. that you bolded. It clearly says I SPEAK FOR MYSELF
That is why I said it is fine if you feel that way, that was my disclaimer to what you said.

It still doesn't make sense, whether you're speaking for yourself or anyone else.

corkscrewblow said:
He's right though, my k/d on 360 version is 1.8ish and on PS3 it's 3.09 (with 26,000+ kills mind you) but I choose to play on PS3 because I have way more friends on it. Playing with friends on PS3 > playing alone against MLG wannabe 10 year olds on 360.

Werd. These people are plain idiots that say otherwise.

I don't know why the PS3 people are bad but it's the facts. They are BAD.

Sealda

Banned
corkscrewblow said:
Most CS pros use low sensitivity(3.5 and below) with mousefix and noforce commands. You really have no fucking clue what you're talking about, nt though.

Yeah, but compared to console the sensitivity is still higher. If you have "low" sense on console its way lower or at-least it feels way way lower than whats known as "low" on PC.

. So, yeah next time read my post a made after that post to another person who said the same thing as you.

I am though sure you will not read this post and i will not get a reply back.

Skel said:
That is why I said it is fine if you feel that way, that was my disclaimer to what you said.

It still doesn't make sense, whether you're speaking for yourself or anyone else.

wow. just plain wow. I hope you're trolling......

It shoots better for me?
It rides better for me?
It jumps higher for me?
It loves longer for me?
It cooks breakfast for me?
It loves me?

Jrmint

My point is, it does not shoot better for you. It is all in your head. They control the EXACT SAME. If anything the Barrett actually steadies faster when holding your breath.

Sealda

Banned
MidnightRider said:

Of course they are you. Its a fact now, since you said it.

I had COD4 for PS3 and Xbox360. I think the PS3 players are better since i had a higher KDR on Xbox 360. Its a fact too.

Skel said:
My point is, it does not shoot better for you. It is all in your head. They control the EXACT SAME. If anything the Barrett actually steadies faster when holding your breath.

Okay kid. Let me put it this way. S-T-O-P

Sealda said:
Of course they are you. Its a fact now, since you said it.
Good child, You have seen the light! :D

Does all these high KDR's on PS3 not prove it to you alone? Do you really need someone for that?

Meier

aku:jiki said:
I'm going off the top of my head with info I read when I didn't care about sniping, but I think the Intervention actually DOES kill easier. I think it gets a larger hitbox, or if it was the fact that lower abdomen is still a OHK (which it is not with the others).
I always used the Barrett but have started to try the Intervention now when not using Thermal. My ratio of headshots to non headshots is through the roof with the Intervention compared to the Barrett. I'm not sure if it's just because I got better at sniping or what, but it definitely feels like its more deadly. Who knows though.

VaLiancY

So let's get this discussion train moving out of Shit Street Station.

I tried the Vector, it's not as bad I thought it would be but I burn through ammo with it which hurts because when I have my UMP, I can down at least three people before reload. With the Vector, I'd say two the most. Since I have Lightweight Pro now I'll give it another try but I don't think it will beat out the UMP(I have 4 kits with UMPs).

Mileena

Banned
Sealda said:
Yeah, but compared to console the sensitivity is still higher. If you have "low" sense on console its way lower or at-least it feels way way lower than whats known as "low" on PC.

. So, yeah next time read my post a made after that post to another person who said the same thing as you.

I am though sure you will not read this post and i will not get a reply back.
How the hell are you going to try and compare console to PC? There's nothing you can say to justify that at all. People on PC have more control (in game sens, windows sens, acceleration, dpi, etc.) and BIG (QcK Heavy is 17 inches x 15 inches?) mousepads. There's really no point in trying to compare a console sensitivity with a shitty little joystick to a mouse. If you want to continue, go ahead.
MidnightRider said:
Werd. These people are plain idiots that say otherwise.

During the day, I'd say it's 95% shitties but late night (especially on Hardcore Search) there's usually some decent players. Anyone who doesn't think the 360 has better competition is just a fanboy, or just hasn't played both versions.

Sealda said:
I had COD4 for PS3 and Xbox360. I think the PS3 players are better since i had a higher KDR on Xbox 360. Its a fact too.

What was your total amount of kills on 360? 100? 1000?

P.S. Don't Junior members get banned for stuff like this all the time?

pffft

Neo Member
corkscrewblow said:
you're playing on PS3 with your friends and wondering why your KDR is higher than playing with a bunch of randoms? do you and your friends have mics?

VaLiancY said:

I tried the Vector, it's not as bad I thought it would be but I burn through ammo with it which hurts because when I have my UMP, I can down at least three people before reload. With the Vector, I'd say two the most. Since I have Lightweight Pro now I'll give it another try but I don't think it will beat out the UMP(I have 4 kits with UMPs).

The Vector is pretty beast. I don't know why they nerfed it so much for the game though. The real life version is amazing.

I guess it's the same as the AA-12 that is in the game. It's wayyyyy nerfed. Hell it shoots stuff at twice the distance the pre patched 1887's could in real life. In fact two AA-12 put together and turned upside down is called the "Hammer". They put them on top of troop movers in combat.

pffft said:
you're playing on PS3 with your friends and wondering why your KDR is higher than playing with a bunch of randoms? do you and your friends have mics?

ATTENTION: CALLING ALL PS3 FANBOYS! ONE OF YOUR OWN HAS ENTERED THE BUILDING!

And just so your arguement has a counter. I was playing on both systems with friends. In fact 4 of us that play together were on both systems with each other. 2 out of the 4 of us sold our PS3 copies. The other 2 love killing babies so they kept their copies.

rezuth

MidnightRider said:
I have to agree with this statement but I have already said it before in the thread. I'm not sure why you are picking a fight though.

rezuth said:
I have to agree with this statement but I have already said it before in the thread. I'm not sure why you are picking a fight though.

Please go back and read who picked the fight? I told a dude a deadly bling combo with the M16 and everyone got butthurt.

Sealda

Banned
MidnightRider said:
What was your total amount of kills on 360? 100? 1000?

P.S. Don't Junior members get banned for stuff like this all the time?

Thats not the point. And i do not remember, but at-least i reached level 55. And no i do not say that equals enough amount of time played to know if the player is good or not. FYI. am i a Prestige 10 on PS3. (and no i do not think that equals a good argument).

You are very sure that 360 players are better than PS3 players. Not everyone thinks that, its not a universal belief among everyone. Still you are mocking people and thinking that it indeed is obvious that its the case.

Wings Of Redemption who holds place 300 something on the PS3 scoreboard said he thought 360 players rushed more and that made it easier for him to pick em off easily.

Also, my KDR on PS3 is 2.54 so if i go to 360 my KDR should fall to 1.5 something. What happens if it does not? Does that mean that PS3 players and 360 players are equally good?

P. S is this Midnight Riders thing? To pick fights with everyone and mock people?

Rush more on a 360???? Now that comment is laughable and proves to me I can stop chatting with you now.

:lol :lol :lol

Thank you kind sir!

P.S. a prestige 10 means nothing to me considering at the amount of people that did the glitch on the PS3 to get it. and I am sure you are one of them. If you are a legit prestige 10 then I recommend you this. GO OUTSIDE AND DO SOMETHING! :D

P.S.S no it isn't my thing. in fact I think this is the first big disagreement I have had on GAf. too bad it had to be w/ a bunch of people blinded by the Sony light.

Wthermans

Banned
VaLiancY said:

Aside from the low damage and ammo count, the Vector is fun to use. It's got hardly any recoil and is great for picking people off at range. It reminds me of MW1's Skorpion.

Jrmint

The damage per bullet isn't as high but the fire rate is through the roof on it.

My Vector setup is:
Marathon (working on pro for second prestige)
SP Pro
Ninja Pro
Silencer

It works really well, and I usually win most CQB fights.

Sealda

Banned
MidnightRider said:
Rush more on a 360???? Now that comment is laughable and proves to me I can stop chatting with you now.

:lol :lol :lol

Thank you kind sir!

P.S. a prestige 10 means nothing to me considering at the amount of people that did the glitch on the PS3 to get it. and I am sure you are one of them. If you are a legit prestige 10 then I recommend you this. GO OUTSIDE AND DO SOMETHING! :D

P.S.S no it isn't my thing. in fact I think this is the first big disagreement I have had on GAf. too bad it had to be w/ a bunch of people blinded by the Sony light.

I meant Prestige 10 in COD 4.

On topic:

Did some hardcore rushing with the MP5K suppressed. You know when you get in that zone where you just seems to catch every enemy off guard. Every where you run you seems to be in the perfect spot.
Then of-course tomorrow when i try the same kit it will feel totally different. Sometimes you can start play with a weapon and everything just works. Then you comes back to it later and you think for yourself "How the hell could i play good with this weapon". The thing with Subs in MW2 is that since you get owned by ARs on medium to long distance you never takes those fights. With a AR you because of your reflex sometimes stays when you have gotten hit, just to try to kill the other guy. With the Subs you never take those firefights. You just try to retreat and move on. It definitely is a lot of psychology behind it all. Same with the intervention, i am sure i like it more and play better with it than teh .50 cal because its single bolt. That means i will have to pick my shots more than with the .50 cal. Which means i will be more focused and not be as trigger happy as with the .50cal.

mr_boo

VaLiancY said:

Been thinking of a SMG Kit and most of y'all already recommended UMP. You mind sharing your UMP Kits?

Mileena

Banned
mr_boo said:
Been thinking of a SMG Kit and most of y'all already recommended UMP. You might sharing your UMP Kits?
for regular:
UMP silenced
Raffica

Marathon
Stopping Power
Steady Aim

for hardcore:
UMP silenced
Thumper

Marathon
Cold Blooded
Ninja

mr_boo said:
Been thinking of a SMG Kit and most of y'all already recommended UMP. You might sharing your UMP Kits?

Main UMP class - marathon, lightweight, commando (pro versions) + semtex + flash bangs + silencer + USP45 with tact knife

2 ump class - sligth of hand, stopping power, commando + same as above.

MidnightRider said:

But I know personally I could whoop your ass. ;)

Now if you would please stop being a douche bag, everyone in this thread would be very grateful.

FromTheFuture said:
But I know personally I could whoop your ass. ;)

Now if you would please stop being a douche bag, everyone in this thread would be very grateful.

You're pretty quick to call me a douche bag when there is people in this thread crying about items IW put into the game.

That's more of a douche bag move than anything I have done.

Thank you for introducing yourself to my Ignore List. Goodbye!

mr_boo

While back, some of y'all recommended the Raffica for Secondary - thanks for that. Raffica is pretty sweet even though I still have the very bad habit of not switching to the secondary enough. Though, whenever I do use the Raffica it impresses with its accuracy and small (if none) recoil.

corkscrewblow & MidnightRider: Thanks for the kits. I was planning on using UMP kits this weekend in TDM matches, solely in: Quarry, Invasion, Rundown and maybe Karachi. All other maps I would think I'd get mowed down by ARs. If anyone thinks otherwise on those maps, let me know please. Thanks.

VaLiancY

mr_boo said:
Been thinking of a SMG Kit and most of y'all already recommended UMP. You mind sharing your UMP Kits?

These are my bread and butter kits.

Marathon
Lightweight (Pro Version is sooooooo good because you'll get the advantage on a lot of folks)
Ninja (You can switch this out for other Tier 3 perks but I flank a lot of people and I don't want people hearing me)

Marathon
Cold-Blooded
Ninja (A must for a stealth build to counter dirty HBS and campers)

I don't use SP on the UMP because it isn't really necessary but feel free to use it. I trade out my Tier 3 perks for Steady Aim on a few levels or Commando on multi-tiered maps like Favela when I need to bail.

I use Stun Grenades and Frags, I toss a stun and if I get a hit marker I cook a frag and let it bounce since Semtex are very lethal but I need a bounce to get people in a corner.

I switch often between pistols and a SPAS for secondary depending on the map. A quickdraw for the pistol has helped me a lot and a shotgun has done its fair share of work on tight places like the house on Estate.

ultim8p00

Banned
I have Sleight of Hand, Stopping Power and Ninja on my UMP+Silencer. I find that I don't really need marathon and lightweight because they end up making me play like rubbish. By being slightly slower and not running all the time, I find that I tend to pay a lot more attention to my environment.

Lightweight Pro is nice though, because you can ADS almost instantaneously after running.

Top Bottom