• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

VaLiancY

got2bekidding said:
The patch didn't happen to fix the pavelow not adding onto your killstreak?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the situation with the Pavelow is if you get the Pavelow with another killstreak (Harrier Strike, Chopper, Airstrike), the Pavelow's kills won't accumulate to grant you another killstreak. On the other hand, if you get the Pavelow via regular means without a killstreak, the kills will contribute to your next killstreak.

Hyunkel6

VaLiancY said:
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the situation with the Pavelow is if you get the Pavelow with another killstreak (Harrier Strike, Chopper, Airstrike), the Pavelow's kills won't accumulate to grant you another killstreak. On the other hand, if you get the Pavelow via regular means without a killstreak, the kills will contribute to your next killstreak.
From what I heard, pavelow kills only contribute to killstreaks if it's the 1st one called in the game. Never tested it though.

kuYuri

Finished playing 20+ TDM matches, didn't see a single case of infinite CP or even a CP runner. Still see quite a few people using Bling 1887s, something tells me they don't know it's been patched.

.nimrod

Skel said:
Not Cold Blooded Pro. The Pro version makes it so your name doesn't appear to your enemy which I would think would make it so it doesn't aim assist onto him.

just tested it in splitscreen, some aim assist is definately still there. it doesn't drag your aim away when a coldblooded guy runs through your crosshair, but the sensitivity slowdown when he is near your crosshair is still there.

Strider2K99 said:
Finished playing 20+ TDM matches, didn't see a single case of infinite CP or even a CP runner. Still see quite a few people using Bling 1887s, something tells me they don't know it's been patched.
Is it just me or it's as if the game has slowed down quite a bit considering they got rid of those runners? A good thing for sure.

Sealda

Banned
Okay i am sure drunk its 2 am, i just wanna say that anyone wanna play w me and some other EU pros can PM me.

OT;

The carepackage/emergency glitch is terrible. Been facing it all yesterday. So annoying since you the carpackage glitch is really hard to nice,

th3dude

Sealda said:
Okay i am sure drunk its 2 am, i just wanna say that anyone wanna play w me and some other EU pros can PM me.

OT;

The carepackage/emergency glitch is terrible. Been facing it all yesterday. So annoying since you the carpackage glitch is really hard to nice,
:lol :lol

Sealda said:

OT;

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Is there a mod here? I know he's a junior, but can we tag him with "should never post drunk?"

aku:jiki

sn1pes said:
Sight is only on the shotgun because I didn't unlock grip yet. As for red dot, I just can never seem to master any iron sights, but I may try.
Keep in mind that attachments do stuff to weapons that is not mentioned in the in-game descriptions. I believe sights on shotguns messes with the pellet spread, which is something you don't want. You should only put on attachments you actually use, and that goes for all weapons.

rodvik

corkscrewblow said:
Why the hell do people silence their shotgun? They already have no range why make it worse?

For me in HC, its one shot one kill anyway and most good players are playing with headphones so the silencer has a noticeable effect.

For range the UMP in that build is a beast at long/med/short range so the silenced shotgun is just for turning corners in enclosed spaces or room clearing. Works a treat.

rodvik

rezuth said:
Heh, at the risk of sounding like a noob I'm using.

ACR + Nade Launcher (I prefer the ACR from the SCAR, the latter has such a big recoil I have trouble if I miss the first bullet. Nade launcher for cleaning out the occasional stronghold filled with enemies.)
SPAS + Grip (Great secondary weapon with good damage and long range. Great to switch to when you go inside buildings)

Claymore (Mostly to protect me from being backstabbed)

Marathon Pro (I keep moving constantly so I found it useful)
Hardline Pro (Getting my Predator Missile with the fourth kill instead of fifth makes a world of difference.)
Ninja Pro (I hate people hearing me)

Nice build. Suggest experimenting with other shotguns outside of the SPAS. Its a >great< shotgun to be sure but IMHO its best paired with a long long range only primary AND it has a reload time that is just a hair too short to kill a last stand guy who you drop with it. With your ACR you can probably go for a higher ROF shotgun.

Photo0570-1.jpg

Photo0572-1.jpg
Photo0574-1.jpg
Photo0575-1.jpg

First match as tenth prestige: "I bet you hacked that."
Fff...

So aren't you supposed to get something more than just a title, emblem and icon for going tenth? What the fuck is it? I didn't get squat.

Mileena

Banned
Not to be a dick, but I'd assume the same thing. Props for getting it legit though. I'm 5th prestige on both PS3 and 360 so if you add it up I'm actually 10th prestige too! :D

rodvik

grap3fruitman said:
First match as tenth prestige: "I bet you hacked that."
Fff...

So aren't you supposed to get something more than just a title, emblem and icon for going tenth? What the fuck is it? I didn't get squat.

Nice. I love the 9 lives title.

rodvik said:
Nice. I love the 9 lives title.
The tenth prestige emblem and title suck so hard, it's not even funny. I don't know what Infinity Ward was thinking. Of course they don't even care to fix the kerning on the type all over the fucking game either and just said "whatever" to everything. The tenth title is just that gold thing with the two skulls on the sides and it says "Tenth Prestige." Could they have gotten any fucking lazier? Damn it. >=(

I think I have to get rid of this or else I'm going to hurt someone. The dumb fucking monkeys at Infinity Ward can't make a decent matchmaking system to save their life anymore. What the fuck happened between CoD4 and MW2?

careful

Shotgun question:

Is it better not to equip steady aim? I'm thinking the larger the pellet spread, the better the chances of connecting with the target. Grip would only affect recoil, right?

Been playing around with the SPAS and it's been really fun. You feel like such a bad ass running around with that thing. I need to try the M1014. The semi-auto might actually be better for me.

Mush

Red Blaster said:
I think I have to get rid of this or else I'm going to hurt someone. The dumb fucking monkeys at Infinity Ward can't make a decent matchmaking system to save their life anymore. What the fuck happened between CoD4 and MW2?
I'm not sure what your circumstances are, but I'm of the opposite opinion. Because I live in a country where the internet is, to put it lightly, fucking abysmal, it was a challenge to find anything that wasn't a 1 bar game. Now I never have to worry about adjusting for lag again. Although I really hope IW patch in a regional search function at some stage, but its unlikely :/

Mush said:
I'm not sure what your circumstances are, but I'm of the opposite opinion. Because I live in a country where the internet is, to put it lightly, fucking abysmal, it was a challenge to find anything that wasn't a 1 bar game. Now I never have to worry about adjusting for lag again. Although I really hope IW patch in a regional search function at some stage, but its unlikely :/

My issue is that he teams are NEVER balanced. I'm the only 1000+ scorer on my team, the other squad has 4 1000+ scorers. At the end of every round, I keep waiting for the teams to be evened up a bit as it's clear based on the scores that things aren't exactly fair. Alas, this never happens as the wonderful Infinity Ward Matchmaking System™ just carries on and continues to put mostly the same players on the same team.

Mush

careful said:
Shotgun question:

Is it better not to equip steady aim? I'm thinking the larger the pellet spread, the better the chances of connecting with the target. Grip would only affect recoil, right?

Been playing around with the SPAS and it's been really fun. You feel like such a bad ass running around with that thing. I need to try the M1014. The semi-auto might actually be better for me.
I used to be a strong believer in the AA-12 but ever since I started using the M1014 I can't use anything else. As for using Steady Aim, I find it doesn't have any benefit unless it's for the SPAS where your accuracy matters or using Akimbo Models/Rangers which are shit. Besides, you shouldn't have to use your Secondary that often and use perks solely for your Secondary.

Red Blaster said:
My issue is that he teams are NEVER balanced. I'm the only 1000+ scorer on my team, the other squad has 4 1000+ scorers. At the end of every round, I keep waiting for the teams to be evened up a bit as it's clear based on the scores that things aren't exactly fair. Alas, this never happens as the wonderful Infinity Ward Matchmaking System™ just carries on and continues to put mostly the same players on the same team.
What Level/Prestige are you? Is it just an issue of always being put on teams with underleveled players or people who just plain suck?

careful

Red Blaster said:
Have you tried Mercenary TDM? No parties allowed and teams are rebalanced after every game.

Tamanon

Banned
Well, made it to level 42 now, LOVE the M16 and learning the Ranger. I definitely like how much rarer the airborne killstreaks are now that folks can't just spam care packages. Although oddly enough, I've seen 4 legit nukes thus far today. Was a good time earlier on a Team Deathmatch on Highrise, when I jacked an opponent's Pavelow and got 9 kills off of it.:D

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
rodvik said:
For me in HC, its one shot one kill anyway and most good players are playing with headphones so the silencer has a noticeable effect.

For range the UMP in that build is a beast at long/med/short range so the silenced shotgun is just for turning corners in enclosed spaces or room clearing. Works a treat.

I carry a silenced shotgun when I snipe. Stealthy kill and I can reposition without pinging on the radar.

Nelo Ice

Banned
demolition is amazing

i just went 86-20
no one could kill me whether i was defending the bomb sites or defending the bomb :lol :lol :lol

also i called in 2 ac 130s and i check to see if i completed the prestige challenge....im 999/1000 =(

whitehawk

Banned
Nelo Ice said:
demolition is amazing

i just went 86-20
no one could kill me whether i was defending the bomb sites or defending the bomb :lol :lol :lol

also i called in 2 ac 130s and i check to see if i completed the prestige challenge....im 999/1000 =(
I pretty much play demolition exclusively.

Also, I was put in a game recently where the score was 199-199 :lol :lol

We lost :(

Nelo Ice

Banned
whitehawk said:
I pretty much play demolition exclusively.

Also, I was put in a game recently where the score was 199-199 :lol :lol

We lost :(

ouch

yeah demo is insanely fun espcially w/o having to worry about the care package glitch
now i can freely get a shitload of xp and if u do well its a nice way to pad ur kdr :lol

also just got my gold ac130 title/emblem :D

now that thats done with time to farm other killstreak challenges

kuYuri

A friendly reminder: Please read the OP for latest patch notes and important news.

This is mostly for people who don't follow news on this game very often.

whitehawk

Banned
Strider2K99 said:
A friendly reminder: Please read the OP for latest patch notes and important news.

This is mostly for people who don't follow news on this game very often.
- Model 1887: Bling using Akimbo and FMJ combination now has same range and damage as non-Bling Model 1887s.
:(

Nelo Ice

Banned
man this prestige(5th) ive suddenly become a competent sniper :lol which means now i actually enjoy wasteland instead of wanting to skip it

also i never thought id actually get the sniper related challenges done but i finally completed all 3 levels of ghillie in the mist and got 1bullet 2 kills :D

Got my first nuke! :lol

Equipped it for fun yesterday and wasn't even going for it.

TDM favela.

Harrier > Chopper Gunner > Nuke

Chopper Gunner was absolutely owning, so I got lucky! But no camping bullshit involved, so I'm proud :)

Mush

schennmu said:
Got my first nuke! :lol

Equipped it for fun yesterday and wasn't even going for it.

TDM favela.

Harrier > Chopper Gunner > Nuke

Chopper Gunner was absolutely owning, so I got lucky! But no camping bullshit involved, so I'm proud :)
Congrats! Feels good doesn't it. :)

Mush

corkscrewblow said:
So CP glitch is fixed on 360? I wonder when PS3 will get it fixed
I'm pretty sure the CP glitch has been fixed since the 1.08 patch. (At least the speed boost one, not sure about the infinite airdrop one)

This2x4Skeleton

Neo Member
whooo

Was just playing a game of Ground War when the enemy had called in 2 Emergency airdrops on opposite ends of the map. I was like oh shi- but then remembered I'd just racked up 2 of my killstreaks- Predator and Harrier Strike. So I sent 1 to each location and needless to say the board lit up with multi kills. Immediately called in my Pavelow and work was done.

Good stuff.

Top Bottom