• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

bobs99 ... said:
The thing is I agree with him, when the games become more like rock paper scissors you might aswell just choose a load out and then let the computer do the rest. I prefer if when everyone has a good chance at getting a kill (if theyre good enough) even if they come up against what theyre weak against.
Thank you bobs99 ... for understanding my point of view. :D

Dresden

InterMoniker said:
No your argument is terrible because you don't need stopping power or cold blodded to stab someone.
OMG THEY CAN RUN FASTER is the same as OMG THEY NEED TO TAKE ONE LESS SHOT TO KILL ME or OMG I CAN'T SEE THEM ON THE MAP. You're essentially just complaining about a pet peeve that no one else is bothered by, because a few people that play online occasionally use a gimmick build to have fun with it.

The thing is I agree with him, when the games become more like rock paper scissors you might aswell just choose a load out and then let the computer do the rest. I prefer if when everyone has a good chance at getting a kill (if theyre good enough) even if they come up against what theyre weak against.

In a perfect world, everyone would be playing with the same skill level and latency, and thus, differences in class builds will be more noticeable. This isn't a perfect world and I'm still going to shotgun some sniper's fucking face off because they can't aim and they don't understand the map layout.

whitehawk

Banned
InterMoniker said:
Then you've got the people that set up LightWeight, Commando, Marathon and rush spawns way to fast and stab you through your bullets once the knifing animation starts. That's why marathon sucks.

Shit while were at it why not remove commando perk and give it to all players.
You're just explaining why you're annoyed by Marathon, not why it's a bad perk. If these guys are owning you all the time, then I guess it's a good perk.

I played with a friend tonight, both of us using the riot shield, blocking the entrances to the plane on Terminal. Not one fucking person on the opposite team could get by us. :lol

DoomGyver

Wow, I never understood how powerful thermal scopes are when you complement them with a smoke grenade in a high traffic area. Some commandos/smg classes blindly run through that smoke as if nothing can touch them. Then they meet my thermal scope. :lol

I'm gonna have to start using scavenger so I can replenish my smoke supply.

whitehawk said:
You're just explaining why you're annoyed by Marathon, not why it's a bad perk. If these guys are owning you all the time, then I guess it's a good perk.
Hardly.
.nimrod said:
they should change the knifing so that you can't knife while sprinting.
Since that's what I'm saying right? You sarcastic douche bag.
Dresden said:
OMG THEY CAN RUN FASTER is the same as OMG THEY NEED TO TAKE ONE LESS SHOT TO KILL ME or OMG I CAN'T SEE THEM ON THE MAP. You're essentially just complaining about a pet peeve that no one else is bothered by, because a few people that play online occasionally use a gimmick build to have fun with it.
:lol a few people. Try every fucking match.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Full Recovery said:
Wow, I never understood how powerful thermal scopes are when you complement them with a smoke grenade in a high traffic area. Some commandos/smg classes blindly run through that smoke as if nothing can touch them. Then they meet my thermal scope. :lol

I'm gonna have to start using scavenger so I can replenish my smoke supply.
Use the Lazarus pit perk.

21ccy7k.jpg

Dresden

InterMoniker said:
Hardly.
Since that's what I'm saying right? You sarcastic douche bag.
:lol a few people. Try every fucking match.

I go hours without seeing one anymore. If I see a knifer, they're usually 5-20 or something. If you keep dying to one, just get a fucking shotgun out, and if you keep dying, it's you that sucks.

Frillen

:lol :lol

Played a few games of TD with Europeans only when a Canadian came into the lobby. And guess who IW decided to give the host to? :lol :lol That's right, the Canadian. Everyone had either one red bar or two yellow bars while the Canadian obviously had 4 green bars. Seriously!? Is it total random who gets the host advantage? Isn't the server supposed to look for the best host?

Dresden said:
I go hours without seeing one anymore. If I see a knifer, they're usually 5-20 or something. If you keep dying to one, just get a fucking shotgun out, and if you keep dying, it's you that sucks.
You really can't kill them if they run around a corner a click to stab before you click to shoot. They'll magically go straight through your bullets with commando on if they click the right stick before you shoot.

UFRA

InterMoniker said:
You really can't kill them if they run around a corner a click to stab before you click to shoot. They'll magically go straight through your bullets with commando on if they click the right stick before you shoot.

Stop standing at corners.

Foliorum Viridum said:
It's amazing how I can go weeks without posting in this thread, and when I return it's the same old bitching about perks.

Zzzzzzzz.
It's amazing entering this thread for the first time and seeing how many IW MW2 defenders there are.

Zzzzzzzz.

ZeroRay

Frillen said:
:lol :lol

Played a few games of TD with Europeans only when a Canadian came into the lobby. And guess who IW decided to give the host to? :lol :lol That's right, the Canadian. Everyone had either one red bar or two yellow bars while the Canadian obviously had 4 green bars. Seriously!? Is it total random who gets the host advantage? Isn't the server supposed to look for the best host?

Not really. It's a roulette in this game. Especially when you're in a party and the host migration screen appears before the game starts half the time.

InterMoniker said:
It's amazing entering this thread for the first time and seeing how many IW MW2 defenders there are.
I admit there are faults with the game, I'm just tired of all the talk in this thread being negative when the positive aspects of the game outweigh them by far.

SpeedingUptoStop

Spawn has been fucking horrible this weekend. Spawn into crossfire, missile strikes, a team of people right around the corner....fucking insane.

whitehawk

Banned
InterMoniker said:
Deal with it.

You know what's annoying? When people shoot you! I mean come on, that bullet shouldn't have killed me, it came from 100 feet away! I should have been able to survive that! The worst part is that they're so far away, so you have no chance to get them. Argh, guns are sooooo annoying!!

whitehawk said:
Deal with it.

You know what's annoying? When people shoot you! I mean come on, that bullet shouldn't have killed me, it came from 100 feet away! I should have been able to survive that! The worst part is that they're so far away, so you have no chance to get them. Argh, guns are sooooo annoying!!
WOW IS THERE SOMETHING WRONG WITH YOUR HEAD?

I really like getting long distance kills. I don't mind getting killed by someone else from far away either you KOOK.

Seems like I hit a nerve with you to post something that dumb.

whitehawk

Banned
No, I'm just messing with you :lol You both met at a corner, and he happened to stab you before you shot him. I don't see the problem here. Sometimes it seems like you shot first, but on his side, he stabbed you first. That's lag, and you have to get used to it if you want to play online. So, deal with it.

Parts

InterMoniker said:

Zzzzzzzz.
"Defenders"? You do realize it's possible to like this game, right? Why the hell do only we get the special nickname. Does that make you guys "attackers"?

A NEW METAGAME EMERGES

Sealda

Banned
InterMoniker said:
WOW IS THERE SOMETHING WRONG WITH YOUR HEAD?

I really like getting long distance kills. I don't mind getting killed by someone else from far away either you KOOK.

Seems like I hit a nerve with you to post something that dumb.

I am pretty sure he was not being serious...

whitehawk said:
No, I'm just messing with you :lol You both met at a corner, and he happened to stab you before you shot him. I don't see the problem here. Sometimes it seems like you shot first, but on his side, he stabbed you first. That's lag, and you have to get used to it if you want to play online. So, deal with it.
K

The problem is if someone has commando on they literally go right through your bullets.

Parts said:
"Defenders"? You do realize it's possible to like this game, right? Why the hell do only we get the special nickname. Does that make you guys "attackers"?

A NEW METAGAME EMERGES
You do sound like a defender when I post a reply to one person but then all of a sudden I have like five different people arguing back at me. That's all it is really Parts.

I'm not saying the game is terrible I'm just saying how unbalanced I THINK the muti-player is compared to Cod4 ok?

aku:jiki

InterMoniker said:
The problem is if someone has commando on they literally go right through your bullets.
See, I told you that your problem is with Commando and not Marathon. The people who stab you with invincible Commando lunges are probably not runners.

A knife runner uses Tactical Knife, which has the SAME range and SAME invincibility as your knife does. And that's with Commando equipped - it has LESS range and invincibility than your knife does with Ninja on instead. Meaning he had no advantage whatsoever over you, he simply outskilled you. Learn the game before you run around screaming at people about it, as you clearly know nothing of knifing in this game.

(Just like every other knife whiner out there. Is it really so hard to equip a kit and familiarize yourself with it before you go online to bitch?)

SHIIIIIIIIIIIT I'm beginning to love this game. :D

Singleplayer was great, I really don't like the multiplayer, but co-op is A*W*E*S*O*M*E. :D

My friend just came over and we were playing co-op all the time. The mission where one player is controlling the AC-130 and the second one is battling his way through what remains after the bombardment is just freaking awesome. :D

aku:jiki said:
See, I told you that your problem is with Commando and not Marathon. The people who stab you with invincible Commando lunges are probably not runners.

A knife runner uses Tactical Knife, which has the SAME range and SAME invincibility as your knife does. And that's with Commando equipped - it has LESS range and invincibility than your knife does with Ninja on instead. Meaning he had no advantage whatsoever over you, he simply outskilled you. Learn the game before you run around screaming at people about it, as you clearly know nothing of knifing in this game.

(Just like every other knife whiner out there. Is it really so hard to equip a kit and familiarize yourself with it before you go online to bitch?)
Just stop.

So I was right.

What you hate is Commando, not Marathon.
InterMoniker said:
No but commando is just as bad and it's always used with marathon

Just with marathon and a lightweight gun or tactical knife people could do the same thing. Leightweight + commando make things worse.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
I can see them doing double XP when the Halo Reach beta comes out.

CoD4 did it's first double xp when GTA came out didn't it?

Question about beating the campaign on hardend and getting the trophy, I already beat it on regular, and some missions on veteran, can go into each mission individually and beat it on hard or vet and get the trophy for beating the campaign on hard, or do I have to hit new game and do it that way?

ultim8p00

Banned
I can comfortably say that if you shoot a knifer in the face and he kills you, then it's probably just lag. The same shit happens in firefights where you clearly shot a guy, but you died first. There are plenty of times when I came across a knifer and shot his fucking face off and you can hear him say "fuck I knifed you" or something like that.

People just tend to complain when things aren't going their way.

The only perk that is FUCKING BULLSHIT in this game is Last Stand. I hate that shit with a passion. There's nothing like shooting a guy into last stand, then being killed, THEN have the guy that killed you kill the guy you just last standed. So fucking irritating.

TSAGoodness said:
Question about beating the campaign on hardend and getting the trophy, I already beat it on regular, and some missions on veteran, can go into each mission individually and beat it on hard or vet and get the trophy for beating the campaign on hard, or do I have to hit new game and do it that way?

You can go individually to get those trophies.

SpeedingUptoStop

ultim8p00 said:
I can comfortably say that if you shoot a knifer in the face and he kills you, then it's probably just lag. The same shit happens in firefights where you clearly shot a guy, but you died first. There are plenty of times when I came across a knifer and shot his fucking face off and you can hear him say "fuck I knifed you" or something like that.

People just tend to complain when things aren't going their way.
Yea, I'm a moderate connection player, it's why I can't compete with or as a knifer. Which is why it's so frustratingly annoying to deal with these cocksuckers.

jiien

InterMoniker said:
Just stop.

Wait, what? Maybe I missed where you explained it better, but what I think you're saying is that you don't like Marathon because of how it is used in certain builds?
'
As in, I hate Marathon because knifing builds use it?

DRE Fei

The commando teleportation through bullets is because of lag. It just seems like they just didn't balance the netcode enough to deal with commando. Just get your shotgun out, it kills these guys faster.

Finally reached my 2 kdr on the 360. Hopped up to 2.03 this weekend. Finally got the balls to try the Ak47. It's hella deadly but the issue with sway with any attachment really ruins it. I hope IW fixes some of these dumb gun bugs.

People still bitching about commando I see. Nice. If you're getting knifed in this game then you don't know how to play it yet. Nobody should be getting that close to you without your knowledge. You have shotguns with twice the range of commando. Use them. You're gonna get knifed, sure but you should be getting those runner-gunner types 2 or more times out of 3. They're predictable and they're a joke especially when you take in account how much info the game gives you in many little ways...be it the radar that shows where your teammates are looking, where they die, sound effects, etc. A lot of tier 3 perks are traps against decent players and especially half-way organized teams. Commando is one of them.

There's a lot of junk in this game but neither commando, lightweight and marathon isn't one of them. Those are well balanced perks that actually give you an disadvantage a majority of the time.

ultim8p00 said:

Commando has invincible frames. It needs invincible frames for it be even remotely functional. If you're letting a guy with commando get that close to you then you lost. You have a 3rd perk that helps you just as much as commando does and some of those perks help to counter commando. People gotta stop blaming their connections and start blaming their brains. Think "If somebody shows up right in front of me...can I kill him before he can stab me?" If the answer is 'no' then what are doing there? If you look at the radar and see that nobody is looking in the direction of the flank, why don't you...I dunno...get your tush over there and ruin a runner's day. Find a spot that allows you to see mid-range down the flank and tada, no more knifing. Better yet, pair it with the heartbeat sensor. Ninja is a 3rd tier perk...and you can only have one. Better better yet, toss on some headphones. Ninja pro is a 3rd tier perk. Wink wink. And if you really want to implement those headphones, counter ninja pro with sitrep pro.

That reminds me got my fifth hate-text message the other day from a commando loser that went 2 and 20 in which 15 of those kills were from me. "Camping with your trtle beach. Your so bad kid." Mmm...tasty tears.

ultim8p00

Banned
Mr. B Natural said:
Commando has invincible frames. It needs invincible frames for it be even remotely functional. If you're letting a guy with commando get that close to you then you lost. You have a 3rd perk that helps you just as much as commando does and some of those perks help to counter commando. People gotta stop blaming their connections and start blaming their brains. Think "If somebody shows up right in front of me...can I kill him before he can stab me?" If the answer is 'no' then what are doing there? If you look at the radar and see that nobody is looking in the direction of the flank, why don't you...I dunno...get your tush over there and ruin a runner's day. Find a spot that allows you to see mid-range down the flank and tada, no more knifing. Better yet, pair it with the heartbeat sensor. Ninja is a 3rd tier perk...and you can only have one. Better better yet, toss on some headphones. Ninja pro is a 3rd tier perk. Wink wink. And if you really want to implement those headphones, counter ninja pro with sitrep pro.

That reminds me got my fifth hate-text message the other day from a commando loser that went 2 and 20 in which 15 of those kills were from me. "Camping with your trtle beach. Your so bad kid." Mmm...tasty tears.

First off, this is all hypothetical speak and fails to take into consideration all the other shit that is going on such as shitty spawns and just plain lag. From my experience, I've been able to shotgun commando knifers out of a lunge. There are times when my shot didn't register and I got killed, but there are also times when I have killed a knifer out of his lunge with a shotgun. This has also happened to me. I've been shot out of my lunge too. Based on that, I can confidently say that it's due to lag.

If you keep thinking "ooh those commando guys and their magic knife" then you will not react fast enough when you see these guys. Shoot them in the face. You won't get them every time, but it's better than bitching.

aku:jiki

Man, it's so sad how IW allowed people to make matches be so boring you kinda want to break the disc in half. I was just playing a bunch of FFA and in the first few matches it was great, people were battling it out and everybody had a lot of kills. Lots of fun with many intense firefights - just like it should be!

Then the gaming gods decided I wasn't to have fun anymore, and every single lobby I joined was people sitting in corners with heartbeat sensors. It was maybe me and another guy running around, or even moving at all. I'm talking about the shameless kind of camping too - sitting in the same god damn spot through the whole match with two claymores and a HBS. Every player in every match, and I tried at least 10 matches.

SO BORING :(

DRE Fei said:
Plus if they're using commando, that means it's heartbeat sensor time!
It most certainly does not. No time is heartbeat sensor time.

Mr. B Natural said:
And if you really want to implement those headphones, counter ninja pro with sitrep pro.
That part of SitRep Pro has been confirmed to be glitched. Ninja Pro is supposed to put you at 25% sound and SitRep Pro is supposed to raise all enemy sounds by 4x which, obviously, should put a Ninja Pro user at 100%...but it just doesn't. They're as silent as ever.

Apparently, the game code has two entries for Ninja Pro. One is correctly set to 0.25, but the other is...something else, I forget. I guess the game accesses the wrong one.

InterMoniker said:
I must've missed the memo where divissionbyzorro changed his name to DarkJC.

I love how everybody who comes in this thread to bitch about this game ends up hating me. :lol I guess I must be the leader of the MW2 Defense Force. :lol

Which I guess makes sense since I've repeatedly stated that the only thing in this game that I think is overpowered/unbalanced is OMA-tubing. I just think most people are frustrated because this is so different from COD4 that it might as well have come from a different series, and they haven't accepted that yet.

It probably helps that I played maybe an hour of COD4 on a friend's account. I spent significant time with W@W (finished P1L54 I believe), and this game is so much better it's not even funny.

Dresden said:

Once they removed the care-package sprinting, I hardly see them any more either. All they're (reliably) good for these days is buzzkilling. And I always carry an AA-12 with me as my secondary and drop claymores behind me, so I'm rarely knifed unless I'm reloading or trapped out of position (in which case I deserve the death).

Although, to be fair, nobody rages harder than when they get buzzkilled. Just today I was complaining about not getting my killstreaks at all, and my buddy said "Uh, dude, you were 2:1 and we won the match. Shut up." He was right to tell me to shut up. If you're playing this game for the killstreaks to be your reward, you're doing it wrong. You'll just end up raging harder and enjoying it less.

InterMoniker said:
I'm not saying the game is terrible I'm just saying how unbalanced I THINK the muti-player is compared to Cod4 ok?

You're entitled to your opinion. So go play COD4. The community for that game is still strong.

kthxbai

ultim8p00 said:
First off, this is all hypothetical speak and fails to take into consideration all the other shit that is going on such as shitty spawns and just plain lag. From my experience, I've been able to shotgun commando knifers out of a lunge. There are times when my shot didn't register and I got killed, but there are also times when I have killed a knifer out of his lunge with a shotgun. This has also happened to me. I've been shot out of my lunge too. Based on that, I can confidently say that it's due to lag.

If you keep thinking "ooh those commando guys and their magic knife" then you will not react fast enough when you see these guys. Shoot them in the face. You won't get them every time, but it's better than bitching.

No, you're not getting it. If they're even close to lunging at you then you failed. There's no hypothetical here. You have plenty of tools at your disposal to kill a runner before he even thinks about using his knife because he's waaay too far away or he doesn't know where you are. Take the lag factor out of the game. The spawns suck. I'll give you that, but they are very predictable. Again, you should be aware of what's going on around you. Unless you're playing rust, they're not spawning smack behind or infront of you unless they have tactical insertion. And if they do, you should be aware of it.

Commando clicks in at about the 5 to 6 foot distance range...give or take a foot or two. If you can't kill someone before he gets to that range, then you deserve to be cut. Again, I'm not talking about rolling dice at the 10 foot range in hopes that your connection is better than his.

That part of SitRep Pro has been confirmed to be glitched. Ninja Pro is supposed to put you at 25% sound and SitRep Pro is supposed to raise all enemy sounds by 4x which, obviously, should put a Ninja Pro user at 100%...but it just doesn't. They're as silent as ever.

Apparently, the game code has two entries for Ninja Pro. One is correctly set to 0.25, but the other is...something else, I forget. I guess the game accesses the wrong one.

Yeah, it works against ninja pro guys most of the time for me. occasionally, a ninja-ed guy will run right at me silently. It is weird and I'm glad you mentioned cause for a second I thought I was going crazy.

And I agree that this game does become boring once you match up with decent players that understand what is strong and what is weak in this game. That's the game we were given and that's the game I intend on playing. It's a shame, but what are you going to do.

Mr. B Natural said:
Unless you're playing rust, they're not spawning smack behind or infront of you unless they have tactical insertion. And if they do, you should be aware of it.

That's not always true, especially if you're playing Domination. I watch a lot of MW2 live streams and listen to people bitch about spawns a lot, and half the time it seems they're playing Domination and they're running around behind the enemy flag. It seems that the game doesn't take enemy position into account (or give it as much weight) in Domination as it does in other modes. I also find that this happens less if you actually try to take the flag - it's like the game is punishing you for trying to spawn kill instead of taking the flag.

That's why you don't run into their spawn. You camp outside of their spawn and kill them as they try to leave :lol Terminal and Highrise are especially bad about this.

divisionbyzorro said:
That's not always true, especially if you're playing Domination. I watch a lot of MW2 live streams and listen to people bitch about spawns a lot, and half the time it seems they're playing Domination and they're running around behind the enemy flag. It seems that the game doesn't take enemy position into account (or give it as much weight) in Domination as it does in other modes. I also find that this happens less if you actually try to take the flag - it's like the game is punishing you for trying to spawn kill instead of taking the flag.

That's why you don't run into their spawn. You camp outside of their spawn and kill them as they try to leave :lol Terminal and Highrise are especially bad about this.

Oh yeah, definitely. Domination is horrible in this game imo. The gametype needs a spawn time like ctf does. But you're not gonna get knifed, you're gonna get shot or tubed or naded. My response to the spawning situation in this game was a direct reference to the guy that was talking about knifing and how spawning somehow makes it easy to get knifed. I can't agree with that. If anything, the bad spawning makes it easy to shoot down the runner and gunner over and over again before the person has a chance to get some space to flank.

Top Bottom