• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

kyo_daikun said:
Edit it mate, you don't deserve a whoopin and I find your comments insightful. :D

Done. I suppose I should keep up with the ban-worthy items more closely. Thanks for the heads up.

On another note, nuke #10 came today, and I retired my OMA-tube class for good. I found a horrible spawn-tube trap on Overpass; if you spawn on the B/C side, it's ridiculously easy to lob tubes directly into A non-stop. I got an 8-kill streak by dropping tubes onto folks who were just trying to get the initial capture of A before ducking behind Charlie to calling Harriers and the Apache. They never captured it until I stopped. I felt like such a douche.

Search and Destroy was the very reason I gave up on this game, for the most part at least. It's just terrible map design for that game mode, and it's the ONLY thing I like to play.

It made me frown because I anticipated it so much.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
neoism said:
I haven't played in like 2 weeks, have the glitches been fixed yet?

Some people are saying the care package glitch is back, but I personally can't confirm.

Xux

Be cool if you could op out of joining games in progress. Started to get annoyed that it kept putting me in games where we were down 7000-3000 or 150-30 in Ground War when it put me into a game where to took two steps forward and the game ended. :/ I must have some amazing hidden stats for it to think I can carry a team outta that.

Oh well, halfway to getting Extended Mags on the F2000 which is slightly less painful than I thought it would be.

eek5

Xux said:
Be cool if you could op out of joining games in progress. Started to get annoyed that it kept putting me in games where we were down 7000-3000 or 150-30 in Ground War when it put me into a game where to took two steps forward and the game ended. :/ I must have some amazing hidden stats for it to think I can carry a team outta that.
Yeah that's the dumbest thing ever. In COD4 you could check the scoreboard before joining a game and opt out if you wanted.

Oh well, halfway to getting Extended Mags on the F2000 which is slightly less painful than I thought it would be.
F2k has some pretty good penetrating power (I think?). The hardest part about using it for the challenge is that it is more difficult to get those freebie penetration kills where you shoot someone's legs when they're standing over cover since you usually ride up on the last bullet and get a body or headshot. :lol

zam

I should really stop reading this thread. My 360 broke (surprise!) and I'm jonesing for MW2 real bad :(

Good to hear they finally fixed the CP glitch (at least for now), gonna be good to get back to the game and have all the glitchers gone. Or if I'm unlucky, come back right when they discover a new glitch :p

Xux said:

One of these days I'll actually give the F2K a chance. But once I hit AK-47 mastery, I'll likely be immediately starting my second prestige.

aku:jiki

I guess everybody's seen the weird (glitched?) Predator missiles that make multiple boosting sounds and come in extremely fast? I don't mean when the user presses RT - it sounds like he gets to press it like 10 times and the pred just slams down almost immediately.

I just saw that happen to a stealth bomber! :D

It made multiple "here's the SB!" sounds and all of a sudden it just flew past at like 10 times normal speed and just blew the shit out of the map and enemy team in about a second or two. It was glorious. (And what the SB should be for 9 kills!)

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
aku:jiki said:
I guess everybody's seen the weird (glitched?) Predator missiles that make multiple boosting sounds and come in extremely fast? I don't mean when the user presses RT - it sounds like he gets to press it like 10 times and the pred just slams down almost immediately.
Wait, you can press a button to make it slam down immediately?

Holy shit, I've been fucking up predator missiles this whole time.

SpeedingUptoStop said:
Wait, you can press a button to make it slam down immediately?

Holy shit, I've been fucking up predator missiles this whole time.
:lol :lol :lol

Don't worry, I've taught that feature to no less than ten people in the last week. Its amazing how many people never knew this...

Dresden

whitehawk said:
:lol :lol :lol

Press the R trigger :lol
He doesn't mean the usual boost, they're talking about some weird glitch where the Predator drops down with like ten times the speed.
I think, I could be wrong.

DoomGyver

On ps3, there is some weird glitch with the predator missile that if you get killed by it and then watch the killcam and spawn right at the end of the killcam near where you were killed you see/hear the predator missile make impact a second time, only it's a dud.

MrDaravon

Man, I just had probably the best match of MW2 EVER for me (33-3 in TDM....I'm not as good as a lot of you guys) and we somehow lost -_-.

Full Recovery said:
On ps3, there is some weird glitch with the predator missile that if you get killed by it and then watch the killcam and spawn right at the end of the killcam near where you were killed you see/hear the predator missile make impact a second time, only it's a dud.
I find your attempt to imply that this game has glitches and is anything other than a programming masterpiece quite childish.

whitehawk

Banned
Can someone clear up how domination works for me? So far this is what I'm thinking.

3 points captured = 3 points per kill
2 points captured = 2 points per kill
1 points captured = 1 points per kill

or is it..

2 or more points captured = 1 point
1 or less points captured = 0 points

Dresden

Oh, man. Terminal is almost unplayable at this point. Each team will have at least one OMA noobtube spammer. I don't mind the 'tube, but in a map like Terminal where everything is clustered together and most people have to rush through crowded hallways... goddamn.

And Highrise is ridiculous, too. It's odd how one side can immediately snipe the other side. Starting from the north side of the map usually means a bullet in the brain five seconds into the match.

DoomGyver

grap3fruitman said:
I find your attempt to imply that this game has glitches and is anything other than a programming masterpiece quite childish.
Joke post? We're talking about predator missile glitches, so I pointed one out. Yes, the game is a "programming masterpiece" but we all know it is not perfect.

whitehawk said:
Can someone clear up how domination works for me? So far this is what I'm thinking.

or is it..

It's got nothing to do with kills; each team receives 1 point per captured flag every few seconds.

whitehawk said:

or is it..

Assuming it works exactly like CoD4:

Every 10 seconds both teams are a awarded a point for each point they have currently captured.

EDIT: beaten by....damn i need to refresh old pages more often...

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
this game is unplayable when I play with americans, unless I come to terms with dying a lot. a lot more annoying tactics being employed and I seem crippled by bad connections. my bar always shows 2 or 3 bars mind, I dont think that is a very good reflection of how you're going to do compared to other players though. part of me wonders if all the complaints in this thread come from americans having no choice but to play with other americans :D this game definitely deteriorates for me when I play at funny hours or am in a lobby with americans.

combination of lag plus banana leaves on favela saw me and a guy running in circles trying to stab/shoot each other for ages. I got the jump on him from the connecting room, he was in the corner by the bricks. shot him a few times while charging, didnt die (rage!), he turns round and charges and tries to stab me, I try to stab him when he misses. we then literally have about 10 stabs at each other with a few hopeful blasts from our guns in between. he eventually tries to lie down and shoot me but I'm already on top of him by now. I cant wait til online gaming is free of these kind of messes.

but its so annoying when every encounter gives me these kind of problems. its like I'm playing on veteran and everyone else is on easy.

noob tubers are never a big deal for me, honestly, the most annoying type of player is cold blooded sniper who kills you by shooting anywhere near you, is impossible to see from his location and has sniper team mates who basically have the map locked down. still feel like quick/no scoping is the most unbalanced thing in this game, maybe its only when I have connection problems as above, but there is almost no way to counter them if they're any good.

most satisfying paybacks though.

Xux

eek5 said:
Yeah that's the dumbest thing ever. In COD4 you could check the scoreboard before joining a game and opt out if you wanted.

F2k has some pretty good penetrating power (I think?). The hardest part about using it for the challenge is that it is more difficult to get those freebie penetration kills where you shoot someone's legs when they're standing over cover since you usually ride up on the last bullet and get a body or headshot. :lol

Yeah, had that happen a couple times. Made fourteen more tonight bringing me up to 34/40. Hopefully I can get the six in the four levels 'til I unlock the AK.

divisionbyzorro said:
One of these days I'll actually give the F2K a chance. But once I hit AK-47 mastery, I'll likely be immediately starting my second prestige.

It's pretty bad. This prestige I went from making leet-ass sharpshots and crap with the ACR to spraying and praying with the F2000 by trying to play them the same; it's not even the recoil that's bad, the gun randomly jerks around. Its pretty annoying but I still love it somehow.

Frillen

Dresden said:
And Highrise is ridiculous, too. It's odd how one side can immediately snipe the other side. Starting from the north side of the map usually means a bullet in the brain five seconds into the match.

Not really. At the start of a game, by the time you come to the window, just crouch by the window, slash or shoot the window, crouch out a few feets and then you can sprint normally. The snipers can't hit you this way.

Najaf

Dresden said:

As people have learned to do this, it did not take too much thought to simply not run out that window. There is always the center and left windows, as well as the stairs. On top of that, you could wait for a split second and let some other poor guy run ahead to 'test' the front lines. It is there on purpose and far from game breaking.

Highrise is the map on top of the buildings right? I love that map for TDM games, it's a good size and while there are places to hide there is not many open space areas for snipers to piss you off, no bushes to hide in and well, I just like the map.

Dresden

Frillen said:
Not really. At the start of a game, by the time you come to the window, just crouch by the window, slash or shoot the window, crouch out a few feets and then you can sprint normally. The snipers can't hit you this way.
Sure, now tell that to the five or six people that always try to spring out. Aggravating in TDM when you start three or four hundred points behind five seconds into the match.

The middle window offers a clear sight line into the entire building, as well. Just trying to run to the staircase to get to the underground passage can get you shot.

th3dude

Unlocked extended mags (and everything else) for the famas finally. Really wasn't too bad using bling with red dot and fmj. Glad to be done though.

Aselith

Dresden said:
Sure, now tell that to the five or six people that always try to spring out. Aggravating in TDM when you start three or four hundred points behind five seconds into the match.

The middle window offers a clear sight line into the entire building, as well. Just trying to run to the staircase to get to the underground passage can get you shot.

Play with a regular group who know what the hell they're doing?

Or you could sacrifice a bit and toss a smoke out there.

kaizoku said:
this game is unplayable when I play with americans, unless I come to terms with dying a lot. a lot more annoying tactics being employed and I seem crippled by bad connections. my bar always shows 2 or 3 bars mind, I dont think that is a very good reflection of how you're going to do compared to other players though. part of me wonders if all the complaints in this thread come from americans having no choice but to play with other americans :D this game definitely deteriorates for me when I play at funny hours or am in a lobby with americans.

combination of lag plus banana leaves on favela saw me and a guy running in circles trying to stab/shoot each other for ages. I got the jump on him from the connecting room, he was in the corner by the bricks. shot him a few times while charging, didnt die (rage!), he turns round and charges and tries to stab me, I try to stab him when he misses. we then literally have about 10 stabs at each other with a few hopeful blasts from our guns in between. he eventually tries to lie down and shoot me but I'm already on top of him by now. I cant wait til online gaming is free of these kind of messes.

but its so annoying when every encounter gives me these kind of problems. its like I'm playing on veteran and everyone else is on easy.

noob tubers are never a big deal for me, honestly, the most annoying type of player is cold blooded sniper who kills you by shooting anywhere near you, is impossible to see from his location and has sniper team mates who basically have the map locked down. still feel like quick/no scoping is the most unbalanced thing in this game, maybe its only when I have connection problems as above, but there is almost no way to counter them if they're any good.

most satisfying paybacks though.

To be fair playing a game where you die in seconds, with people from MILES away where the connection isnt going to be perfect is going to make for a pretty bad experience, it sucks but I dont see what could be done about it.

I personally just never play at night, once it hits a certain time its like all the UK'ers stop playing and all the USA'ers come on!

corkscrewblow said:
Complaining about Marathon now? :lol :lol :lol

gtfo
You say "now" like I've been in here complaining about other stuff. I'm pretty sure that was my only post in the whole thread.

IN MY OPINION MARATHON SUCKS BALLS.
divisionbyzorro said:
The side effect of "more balanced" in COD4 is "less variety." It's like playing a fighting game with only three characters. It's guaranteed to be more evenly balanced because everyone's on more equal footing. The upside to COD4 is that it's much more of a pure CS-style shooter, whereas MW2 reminds me more of something along the lines of Team Fortress, with crazy variety and more of a rock-paper-scissors style of balancing.

The RPS analogy is actually the best way to look at game balance here. Sure, the air support will wreck you, but that's because they are the rock to your scissors. Switch to a Stinger and they drop like flies, because now you are the paper to their rock. And (lag aside), knife runners and shotguns share a similar relationship.

There's definitely a place for both in this world. I personally love MW2, but there are many who don't - and that's great! There are millions of FPS fans out there; the community is more than big enough to support MW2, COD4, Halo, Battlefield, and maybe even Bioshock 2.

An FPS shouldn't come down to a rock paper scissors battle. Rock paper scissor is a luck based game. A FPS should be skill based.

It seems every lap of prestige leads me to discover something new and this time, my new love is Akimbo Vectors! Holy shit, they just tear everything up! Even at decent range! I've been going "huh, I got him that far away and that fast?!" all day with these babies. The Vector just went from "meh" to one of my favorites. :D

I've been destroying fools all day with this kit, check it out:

Akimbo Vectors
Akimbo G18 (If you feel the heat, switch to these instead of reloading your Vectors.)
Scavenger (Mostly for the Semtex for when you run into guys just a few feet too far away.)
Stopping Power
Steady Aim
Semtex
Flash

GhettoGamer said:
The only part i hate bout highrise is when snipers get on top of those cranes
Why would you hate that? It's such an easy, free kill when they do that. :D

InterMoniker said:
IN MY OPINION MARATHON SUCKS BALLS.
Sorry, but I can't believe that you can come up with a compelling argument as to why Marathon sucks. I have no idea how that perk, of all perks, could possibly bother you in any way.

In fact, I think Marathon should be removed from the perks and given to all players. There's no reason why you shouldn't be able to outrun any Predator that comes flying.

whitehawk

Banned
backflip10019 said:
Really? How did you not know that?
I dunno. It doesn't make sense to me. I think the idea of team death match rules, but with a twist, is better. So basically it is TDM, but you can improve your score by capturing points.

DarkJC

InterMoniker said:
An FPS shouldn't come down to a rock paper scissors battle. Rock paper scissor is a luck based game. A FPS should be skill based.

I must've missed the memo where every FPS game should cater only to what you want.

DarkJC said:
I must've missed the memo where every FPS game should cater only to what you want.
I must've missed the memo where divissionbyzorro changed his name to DarkJC.
Sorry, but I can't believe that you can come up with a compelling argument as to why Marathon sucks. I have no idea how that perk, of all perks, could possibly bother you in any way.

In fact, I think Marathon should be removed from the perks and given to all players. There's no reason why you shouldn't be able to outrun any Predator that comes flying.
You can run forever. Enough said.

Then you've got the people that set up LightWeight, Commando, Marathon and rush spawns way to fast and stab you through your bullets once the knifing animation starts. That's why marathon sucks.

Shit while were at it why not remove commando perk and give it to all players.

InterMoniker said:
You can run forever. Enough said.

Then you've got the people that set up LightWeight, Commando, Marathon and rush spawns way to fast and stab you through your bullets once the knifing animation starts. That's why marathon sucks.
So I was right.

What you hate is Commando, not Marathon.

So I was right.

What you hate is Commando, not Marathon.
No but commando is just as bad and it's always used with marathon

Just with marathon and a lightweight gunor tactical knife people could do the same thing. Leightweight + commando make things worse.

VaLiancY

Only perks I dislike are Last Stand, Commando, Danger Close. Scavenger and OMA are great in theory but constant RPGs and M203s ruin it where I don't want them in the game. I think Scrambler is a good perk for certain maps but its a sharp double edge sword.

Few more wins in Sabotage and I will never play that mode again. If people aren't playing the objective, it's 20 minutes of boredom, EACH TIME. If everyone went for the objective it would be the funniest game type out the there but no, now it just sucks.

Also, action bazooka = best class ever

DarkJC said:

The thing is I agree with him, when the games become more like rock paper scissors you might aswell just choose a load out and then let the computer do the rest. I prefer if when everyone has a good chance at getting a kill (if theyre good enough) even if they come up against what theyre weak against.

Top Bottom