• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

jiien

InterMoniker said:
I know that and respect that but when I'm talking to one person it's annoying to have 10 people respond saying

"Oh your wrong you don't dislike marathon you dont like commado"

or a jackass comment like this

"I must've missed the memo where every FPS game should cater only to what you want."

or sarcastic shit like this

"they should change the knifing so that you can't knife while sprinting."

OK?

Look, I will stop trying to convince you. But I don't want readers of this thread to think that simply because YOU have problems countering Commando that they should give up learning how to counter it themselves. Similarly, I don't want people to assume that Marathon is broken because you seem to think it is (despite the vast majority of players, some of which are probably more knowledgeable than yourself, saying the opposite).

Also, claymores DO work. People just have to learn how to place them. Place it such that people run INTO the red, not out of it. Moreover, they obviously work better as indicators, not killers. Pay attention to where you place them, and be aware when they go off, and that will tell you every single time if someone (not wearing Scrambler Pro) is there.

It simply comes down to being aware of your surroundings. The more you appreciate how the map is built, and understand the likely movements of your team and the other team (and based on your minimap, what your teammates can see and therefore cover as well), the less you'll be killed by a maniac with a knife. In fact, the less you'll be killed in general. The knifer may seem to always win the twitch battle, but it does't have to come down to twitch.

xtheEnemy

Banned
been stucked at level 70 for awhile now while trying to earn that last nuke and damn, AK-47 is the shit!

3 bullets and a guy goes down.

It's pretty weird that I got no problem with the recoil since I've been grinding the ACR for a while now. :D

Dresden

xtheEnemy said:
been stucked at level 70 for awhile now while trying to earn that last nuke and damn, AK-47 is the shit!

3 bullets and a guy goes down.

It's pretty weird that I got no problem with the recoil since I've been grinding the ACR for a while now. :D
Try firing at a wall, the AK has almost no recoil. I think it's all visual, actually. The bullets will still land on the same spot.

UFRA

Anyone else experience the following:

Start of a round in a game, all connections except for the host go down to 1 red bar for like 2-3 seconds, then everything is back to normal. Search and Destroy is the best example of this since there are many rounds in a short period of time.

This happens when I'm the host of games, and I have Roadrunner cable with a 15Mb download and 500Kb upload speed.... My router has the PS3 in a DMZ, my NAT Type is "Open" in the MW2 lobby, and Type 2 in Network settings, and I have a wired connection.

W...T...F???

I've experienced it before when I wasn't host, so it's obviously something within the game's servers and not JUST something with me. However it doesn't happen to everyone so what's the deal?

Edit: Also I never have problems hosting in any other games, so that's how I know it's this game...just wondering if there's anything else I can do to help prevent this...even though I like to think my network setup is pretty much perfect for a gaming environment.

switch-it

Banned
Been running around with this build yesterday:

Spas w/ sillencer

Marathon
Lightweight
Ninja

It's so fun and satisfying to flank the enemy and pop them all one at a time. :D

aku:jiki

Daaaamn, Akimbo SMG's is my shit! After 22 days of playtime, I guess I've found my perfect match. Started with the MP5k yesterday and it might be even more powerful than the Vectors were (although the Vector has awesome tracers that help aiming up longer shots).

I remember divisionbyzorro hyping the Akimbo G18's, so he should definitely check out Akimbo Vectors. Basically the same thing except they're stronger, has longer range and are easier to kill with! I was using Akimbo Vectors with Akimbo G18's yesterday, but every time I had to switch to secondary I was just annoyed by how much harder they were to use. Switched to Akimbo Rangers secondary instead and now this kit is beasting! :D

jiien said:
How exactly, is HBS bullshit? You may not personally like it (I know I don't), but it's easily countered, and far from overpowered.
I wrote a rant up there about why I think it's a bad attachment. It's not that it's overpowered and it's not that it makes players good at the game, it's that it makes them play it cheap and lame. It's simply not a very fun addition to the game!

Sure, I can use Ninja but since every match has at least 1 HBS player, that means that I have to use Ninja on every class and in every match if I hate getting killed by it and that just completely defies the idea of the custom classes. The idea is that I should be able to use whichever perks I feel help my game, and not be forced into using certain ones because there's an attachment that half the community uses.

corkscrewblow said:
I've seriously seen someone Commando THROUGH my claymore and knife me. Of course, he didn't even get hit by the claymore. This game is really a joke sometimes.
You shouldn't have been camping right next to your Claymore.

Damn this thread is moving fast.

On using claymores versus knife runners: I find that claymores aren't useful for taking down a knife runner. But they are useful for alerting you to his presence. I typically don't hang out right by my claymore for a number of reasons, only one of which is knife runners. You also don't want to get caught by someone trying to counter your claymore with a flash or stun, or get caught in the crossfire when they try to shoot it.

It's also worth exploring claymore placement. Most people drop claymores facing the direction they expect the enemy to come from (I know I often do) but that's not always what you want to do for a couple of reasons. First, they can often see the lasers as they approach. Second, they can run through it if they have marathon. I've often found that placing the claymore around the corner facing away from them works just as effectively, if not more so. A careful player will likely not die to your claymore regardless of where you place it, so you should be thinking about how best to maximize the amount of time that a careless or sprinting player will spend inside the claymore's cone of death. Regardless, the claymore should still be an efffective alarm if you avoid staying too close to it.

And as far as the commando invincibility frames are concerned, I appreciate what jiien had to say about that. The melee winner is calculated as soon as the melee buttone is pressed. Anything that happens after that doesn't count, and the lunge exists solely to justify how you died to a knife from that range. It's the same reason that Last Stand has invincibility frames as you fall. Both perks would be entirely useless without them. The frames only exist for continuity in animation, so that players don't see a strange jump in player location when those perks activate.

Getting commandoed through a claymore would be frustrating though. I hadn't even thought about the possibility of that happening.

aku:jiki said:
Daaaamn, Akimbo SMG's is my shit! After 22 days of playtime, I guess I've found my perfect match. Started with the MP5k yesterday and it might be even more powerful than the Vectors were (although the Vector has awesome tracers that help aiming up longer shots).

I remember divisionbyzorro hyping the Akimbo G18's, so he should definitely check out Akimbo Vectors. Basically the same thing except they're stronger, has longer range and are easier to kill with! I was using Akimbo Vectors with Akimbo G18's yesterday, but every time I had to switch to secondary I was just annoyed by how much harder they were to use. Switched to Akimbo Rangers secondary instead and now this kit is beasting! :D

Can you believe that I'm about to start my second prestige and I've never used an SMG akimbo? I liked the G18s, and currently like the Rafficas, because they're very effective secondaries. I've never given akimbo SMGs, or even the Vector, for that matter, a second thought. I'll put that on my list of things to play with on my 2nd prestige, along with the RPD.

todahawk

divisionbyzorro said:
Damn this thread is moving fast.

On using claymores versus knife runners: I find that claymores aren't useful for taking down a knife runner. But they are useful for alerting you to his presence. I typically don't hang out right by my claymore for a number of reasons, only one of which is knife runners. You also don't want to get caught by someone trying to counter your claymore with a flash or stun, or get caught in the crossfire when they try to shoot it.

It's also worth exploring claymore placement. Most people drop claymores facing the direction they expect the enemy to come from (I know I often do) but that's not always what you want to do for a couple of reasons. First, they can often see the lasers as they approach. Second, they can run through it if they have marathon. I've often found that placing the claymore around the corner facing away from them works just as effectively, if not more so. A careful player will likely not die to your claymore regardless of where you place it, so you should be thinking about how best to maximize the amount of time that a careless or sprinting player will spend inside the claymore's cone of death. Regardless, the claymore should still be an efffective alarm if you avoid staying too close to it.

And as far as the commando invincibility frames are concerned, I appreciate what jiien had to say about that. The melee winner is calculated as soon as the melee buttone is pressed. Anything that happens after that doesn't count, and the lunge exists solely to justify how you died to a knife from that range. It's the same reason that Last Stand has invincibility frames as you fall. Both perks would be entirely useless without them. The frames only exist for continuity in animation, so that players don't see a strange jump in player location when those perks activate.

Getting commandoed through a claymore would be frustrating though. I hadn't even thought about the possibility of that happening.

Can you believe that I'm about to start my second prestige and I've never used an SMG akimbo? I liked the G18s, and currently like the Rafficas, because they're very effective secondaries. I've never given akimbo SMGs, or even the Vector, for that matter, a second thought. I'll put that on my list of things to play with on my 2nd prestige, along with the RPD.

No RPD??? Holy crap. Stick with it til you get the grip and/or silencer and it becomes really awesome. With either of those attachments you can practically snipe with it. A good chunk of my best matches have been with it.

I usually run RPD with slight of hand, stopping power and ninja but sometimes mix it up with bling, lightweight and steady aim (akimbo g18's as backup).

Xux

I take damage and get killed mid commando lunge all the time. I also shoot people a few feet away and have them appear dead at my feet. It might be lag makin' it seem like my commando activates but I'd also question if its lag makin' it seem like a teleport.

corkscrewblow said:
I've seriously seen someone Commando THROUGH my claymore and knife me. Of course, he didn't even get hit by the claymore. This game is really a joke sometimes.

That happens to me all the freaking time (though from the other side of the scenario :lol). I'll be walking along and hear a 'click' and thing "Shit!" but then see an enemy right next to it and I teleport-stab my way out of a jam. I love it.

greenjerk said:
No RPD??? Holy crap. Stick with it til you get the grip and/or silencer and it becomes really awesome. With either of those attachments you can practically snipe with it. A good chunk of my best matches have been with it.

I usually run RPD with slight of hand, stopping power and ninja but sometimes mix it up with bling, lightweight and steady aim (akimbo g18's as backup).
RPD is simply the best gun in the game. If I'm not wanting to unlock certain challenges etc, I'll always use it. Domination guaranteed.

greenjerk said:

I used it enough to get the grip, but abandoned it for other guns a long time ago. I feel like I never gave it enough of a chance, so I intend to get RPD mastery and learn what it's really all about.

divisionbyzorro said:
Is there anything more satisfying than a headshot with a noob tube?

I came up with a better one. Putting the riot shield on your back and going prone when the enemy has a Harrier up. I sat on the couch cackling for thirty seconds straight.

greenjerk said:

I'm a big fan of the RPD myself. Throwing grip on it lowers the recoil to that of an assault rifle, plus the great damage at all ranges on top of the great iron sights makes it my go to LMG.

LosDaddie

Banned
Been having an awesome time clearing Spec Ops with a friend online. I'm a huge co-op fan and I love how each Spec Ops mission only takes about 20min. We cleared Bravo last night and are hoping to get Charlie done by Friday.

Anyone else still playing Spec Ops?

jiien said:
Look, I will stop trying to convince you. But I don't want readers of this thread to think that simply because YOU have problems countering Commando that they should give up learning how to counter it themselves. Similarly, I don't want people to assume that Marathon is broken because you seem to think it is (despite the vast majority of players, some of which are probably more knowledgeable than yourself, saying the opposite).

Also, claymores DO work. People just have to learn how to place them. Place it such that people run INTO the red, not out of it. Moreover, they obviously work better as indicators, not killers. Pay attention to where you place them, and be aware when they go off, and that will tell you every single time if someone (not wearing Scrambler Pro) is there.

It simply comes down to being aware of your surroundings. The more you appreciate how the map is built, and understand the likely movements of your team and the other team (and based on your minimap, what your teammates can see and therefore cover as well), the less you'll be killed by a maniac with a knife. In fact, the less you'll be killed in general. The knifer may seem to always win the twitch battle, but it does't have to come down to twitch.
Alright good we just have to agree to disagree.

Trust me I know how to use claymores and place them in good spots, but when someone comes running at you with lightweight, commando, marathon it doesn't matter how well the claymore is placed 9/10 times they will run straight through it. When you hear the click of the claymore and the explosion it's usually too late then the knifer is 15 ft. away and begins lunging at you with commando.
corkscrewblow said:
xtheEnemy said:
You'll hear the tick..

You'll turned around..

You'll see the guy coming towards you..

You got knifed by a commando perk user..

You'll hear the explosion of your clamore..

Then you'll watch the killcam and wonder why your perfectly placed claymore didn't went off in time to kill that guy.
That's exactly what happens to me.

X26

Banned
LosDaddie said:
Been having an awesome time clearing Spec Ops with a friend online. I'm a huge co-op fan and I love how each Spec Ops mission only takes about 20min. We cleared Bravo last night and are hoping to get Charlie done by Friday.

Anyone else still playing Spec Ops?

Not really thanks to the lack of matchmaking

rezuth

InterMoniker said:

Trust me I know how to use claymores and place them in good spots, but when someone comes running at you with lightweight, commando, marathon it doesn't matter how well the claymore is placed 9/10 times they will run straight through it. When you hear the click of the claymore and the explosion it's usually too late then the knifer is 15 ft. away and begins lunging at you with commando.
I have to disagree with this if you place them outwards towards the room they can't outrun them.

todahawk

Foliorum Viridum said:
RPD is simply the best gun in the game. If I'm not wanting to unlock certain challenges etc, I'll always use it. Domination guaranteed.

Yeah, it's my old reliable and the first gun I mastered. I need to get extended mags for it again. I was surprised how much different it feels using slight of hand and lightweight, countering it's only two real issues.

----

I still need to find someone to finish spec-ops with. Any takers on PS3???
PSNid = todahawk

X26

Banned
LosDaddie said:
That's what the friends list is for.

The game's been out awhile, you're not likely to have people on your fl that want to play spec ops if you do. No spec ops matchmaking killed the mode's longevity

jiien

rezuth said:
I have to disagree with this if you place them outwards towards the room they can't outrun them.

Yeah, I actually wrote a post a while back explaining just this. Here's the thing: you can literally stand RIGHT behind your claymore and when it goes off, it will not kill you. Claymores are very strong, but have an extremely narrow (relatively) concentrated blast in one direction. Therefore, you have to place claymores so that they explode in the direction the person WILL be, not where they are at the moment. If they face doors, chances are a marathon runner will go right over it and be right BEHIND the claymore when it goes off, and will consequently not do any damage at all. If you place them facing inward, they spend more time in the red, and the claymore will explode in the right direction when it goes off.

Obviously, it helps not to stand right around your claymore. You'll either end up killing yourself, or your claymore will act as a poor indicator since you won't have much time to react anyway.

The better people place their claymores, the more they'll use them, and the easier I can level up my Sitrep. :p

InterMoniker said:

You really really really don't know what you're doing. I'm not sure how you can conclude otherwise after writing what you just wrote. You are NOT putting them in "good spots" if they're getting away with it 9/10 times and you don't know how to camp if your claymore is that close to you that you can't spin around before getting killed. You should be no where near your claymore(s) and if you are you are camping in way too tight of a space. You should be holding down a space, not camping. Hold down a building in quarry. Hold down a corner. hold down a section of the map, etc. That way, you will never get knifed because you are looking out into other spaces. You are seeing way ahead and you are in an open enough space where the knifers can't guess where you are and would have to run for too long to reach you.

Please stop blaming the game because you're not doing it right and stop repeating failures over and over again while expecting different results.

Again for people that are completely dense - lightweight = no stopping power or uav jammer. Commando = no ninja. Runners are easy kills. Figure it out.

Mr. B Natural said:
You really really really don't know what you're doing. I'm not sure how you can conclude otherwise after writing what you just wrote. You are NOT putting them in "good spots" if they're getting away with it 9/10 times and you don't know how to camp if your claymore is that close to you that you can't spin around before getting killed. You should be no where near your claymore(s) and if you are you are camping in way too tight of a space. You should be holding down a space, not camping. Hold down a building in quarry. Hold down a corner. hold down a section of the map, etc. That way, you will never get knifed because you are looking out into other spaces. You are seeing way ahead and you are in an open enough space where the knifers can't guess where you are and would have to run for too long to reach you.

Please stop blaming the game because you're not doing it right and stop repeating failures over and over again while expecting different results.

Again for people that are completely dense - lightweight = no stopping power or uav jammer. Commando = no ninja. Runners are easy kills. Figure it out.
I'm not camping near my claymores I had that in my original post but i got signed out of gaf and had to right the whole post over and forgot to put that back in ugghh.

X26 said:
The game's been out awhile, you're not likely to have people on your fl that want to play spec ops if you do. No spec ops matchmaking killed the mode's longevity

Ive found this problem aswell, personally ive completed spec ops so normally wouldnt want to play it, however if I want the odd game most people on my list have either completed it or have no interst in it!

Like ODST's Firefight the lack of Matchmaking sucks for this mode, however getting the wrong randoms in a co op mode would suck :lol. so maybe matchmaking isnt the way to go.

divisionbyzorro said:
Seriously? :lol
Uhhhh....... Yeah.

He didn't even take any fucking damage jumping off a 30ft. roof :lol ya thats balanced run all the way to their spawn in 5 seconds and jump off a 30ft. roof without taking any damage really balanced.

jiien said:
Yeah, I actually wrote a post a while back explaining just this. Here's the thing: you can literally stand RIGHT behind your claymore and when it goes off, it will not kill you. Claymores are very strong, but have an extremely narrow (relatively) concentrated blast in one direction. Therefore, you have to place claymores so that they explode in the direction the person WILL be, not where they are at the moment. If they face doors, chances are a marathon runner will go right over it and be right BEHIND the claymore when it goes off, and will consequently not do any damage at all. If you place them facing inward, they spend more time in the red, and the claymore will explode in the right direction when it goes off.

Obviously, it helps not to stand right around your claymore. You'll either end up killing yourself, or your claymore will act as a poor indicator since you won't have much time to react anyway.

The better people place their claymores, the more they'll use them, and the easier I can level up my Sitrep. :p

Claymores explode in an outward cone from both red lines on the claymore despite the graphics appearing like a sphere when it actually does explode. Put the end of the cone pointing so that the enemy triggers it yet is still in the cone space a second later. Usually that involves putting them on the outside corner and not the inside. If you put in the inside, the enemy will trigger it then pass it by the time it explodes if he's fast enough. On the outside corner, somebody that is taking it real slow might see it before triggering it and will have to pause or reconsider his options but somebody running won't see it at all before it's too late and will at least get severely injured. This will "strawberry jam" his vision and also leave him vulnerable to a 1 bullet kill.

Think about the "from" (where the enemy is coming from) and the "to" (where he's likely to run to once he reaches the "from".) Put the claymore so that its explosion cone impacts at the "from" and "to" and you got yourself a good claymore spot. The more predictable/likely the "from" and "to" the better. If you're putting your claymore in the path of the "from" and "to" then you're doing it wrong. You are not going to catch runners that way.

InterMoniker said:
Uhhhh....... Yeah.

If you play domination on favela, and you don't expect somebody to try to quick flank you like that then you deserve to die. That guy just ran right into 4 people and nobody shot him. Again, learn how to play this game, then make an assessment about balance. Until then watch and learn. Nobody is going to do that to you anymore, right? Right. Next time you play domination in favela, you're gonna have your gun ready and the poor sucker that thinks he's being all tricky is going to have something coming.

Marathon is most helpful at the beginning of the game to get position before others do. After that, it's fairly pointless. It's gonna get you in trouble more than anything else because if you're running for so long that marathon needs to kick in, you're running too much.

InterMoniker said:
Uhhhh....... Yeah.

He didn't even take any fucking damage jumping off a 30ft. roof :lol ya thats balanced run all the way to their spawn in 5 seconds and jump off a 30ft. roof without taking any damage really balanced.

• It's not their spawn. It's their first flag. That team starts the match at the other side of the map.
  • He took no damage because he was using Commando Pro (which I believe you hate as well).
  • He caught them sleeping. Nobody thought to cover their backsides because they thought they were safe. You should never think you're safe.
  • He got lucky. I run that path on that map every time I get that spawn. I usually catch one, maybe two guys there. Since they're still spawning on that side of map, I'll get revenge killed almost immediately if I don't quickly retreat (which he tries to do, but still gets killed trying to escape).
  • They didn't know the map. Someone needs to cover the backside entrance. You shouldn't rush Charlie until you've cleared it. Yes, the other team can grab Alpha with impunity, which may seem unbalanced, but dropping behind by 2 points to clear Charlie before capping it is the right thing to do.
  • They shouldn't have rushed 4 to Charlie. On this map, Bravo is the key point. Only one or two should have gone to Charlie, and the others should have gone to Bravo. After getting claymored, they could have come right back, revenge-killed and buzz-killed, and captured the point.

Yes, this wouldn't have happened if Marathon wasn't a perk. But it also wouldn't have happened if Lightweight didn't exist - they would have capped the point and spread out by the time he got there. It also wouldn't have happened if the map was slightly longer. It's just a quirk of the map that you have to understand and be ready to deal with, much like how some maps have easy spawn-tube points.

Mr. B Natural said:
If you play domination on favela, and you don't expect somebody to try to quick flank you like that then you deserve to die. That guy just ran right into 4 people and nobody shot him. Again, learn how to play this game, then make an assessment about balance. Until then watch and learn. Nobody is going to do that to you anymore, right? Right. Next time you play domination in favela, you're gonna have your gun ready and the poor sucker that thinks he's being all tricky is going to have something coming.

Marathon is most helpful at the beginning of the game to get position before others do. After that, it's fairly pointless. It's gonna get you in trouble more than anything else because if you're running for so long that marathon needs to kick in, you're running too much.

Are you seriously claiming that this game is a balanced masterpiece?

jiien

CrazedArabMan said:

Speaking for him, but he's claiming that while there may be many things unbalanced, that is not one of them. If you (general you, not directing this specifically at you) don't know how to play a game, how can you be an accurate judge of its balance?

I'm done talking about this game with you guys it's like talking to a brick wall. You guys think any criticism of this game is invalid.
CrazedArabMan said:
That's how their posts come across to me. You'd think they work at IW they way their post are written.

mr_boo

InterMoniker said:
I'm done talking about this game with you guys it's like talking to a brick wall. You guys think any criticism of this game is invalid.
That's not wholly true - check this thread's history, and you'll find plenty of complaints from occasional posters to regular posters. It's just that, these guys will call out wrong information when it's plainly wrong. Maybe you had a typo and meant to type "Lightweight" instead of "Marathon" - just trying to surmise where you're coming from.

InterMoniker said:

That's how their posts come across to me. You'd think they work at IW they way their post are written.

How do you know I don't? :lol
I don't. Seriously - I don't.

And I don't think all criticisms of this game are invalid:

• One Man Army is a broken perk and needs to be fixed.
  • I hate that the most effective KS setup for boosting personal K/D always starts with a Predator missile, thus discouraging people from using UAV and helping the team.
  • In fact, I think the current KS system is screwed up. There should have been three KS slots and you get to pick one from each slot (like perks). The first slot has low KS bonuses that support the team (like UAV, Counter-UAV, and Sentry Gun). The second slot has medium KS bonuses designed to get a few kills (like Predator or Precision Airstrike). The third slot has the bigger bonuses (Pave Low, AC-130, etc). Care packages don't make sense in this system, so they're all gone.
  • A few of the maps are horrible for playlists that they appear in. Highrise, in particular, should never appear in the Domination playlist. Derail should never appear in Team Deathmatch.
  • The riot shield is mostly useless for anything other than trying to piss off the other team. It can help in objective modes, but your score will be so low that it's not worth using.
  • Melee speed should be radically reduced (or melee disabled) on akimbo weapons.
  • Commando should do nothing if you're using akimbo weapons.
  • You should be able to run after being flashed (even if you are blindly running).
  • Frag grenades have been made obsolete by the Semtex.
  • Tactical insertions take too long to activate.

That's just what I can come up with off the top of my head.

I still maintain that in HQ, Domination and sometimes S+D, the riot shield is fucking great. These days I'm actually getting a positive k:d ratio with it. :D If you learn how to use C4 with it, as well as get good aiming with a pistol for the quick switch, you'll rack up a lot of kills and capture more points than most other players.

I posted a page or two back how my friend and I held the plane in Terminal the last night in a Domination match, thus preventing the other team from quickly getting across the map from one direction. Helped the other people on our team advance, and we got about 10 kills each in that 3/4 minutes. Finished that game 23-11, I think.

/Riot shield defense force. -_-

kuYuri

My favorite use of the riot shield was when a friend would stand in the doorway leading to the underside of the buildings in Highrise. The opposite team can't go out that way. :lol

careful

I went back to the TAR for my Hardline class and I'm completely useless with it now. I remember doing pretty good with it, but now I feel so gimped with its accuracy. I got so used to not having recoil from playing with FAM16, SCAR, M4 and ACR. It's ridiculous.

Strider2K99 said:
My favorite use of the riot shield was when a friend would stand in the doorway leading to the underside of the buildings in Highrise. The opposite team can't go out that way. :lol

He should have dropped C4 and waited for them to come, then detonated it with a reload double-tap. Good times. :lol

+Aliken+

InterMoniker said:
Uhhhh....... Yeah.

This just proves a point.

kuYuri

divisionbyzorro said:
He should have dropped C4 and waited for them to come, then detonated it with a reload double-tap. Good times. :lol

He was just using it as a joke, he rarely plays with it and when he does he sticks with default shield class.

LosDaddie

Banned
X26 said:

While I agree that SpecOps matchmaking would've been nice, I've had no problem finding people on my FL willing to do some SO missions. But hey, that's just my experience.

I don't think Marathon is overpowered, it's what it can be combined with like commando that can make it unfair. But commando overall is a unbalanced perk that should never have been put in this game in the first place.

Dresden

divisionbyzorro said:
How do you know I don't? :lol
I don't. Seriously - I don't.

And I don't think all criticisms of this game are invalid:

• One Man Army is a broken perk and needs to be fixed.
  • I hate that the most effective KS setup for boosting personal K/D always starts with a Predator missile, thus discouraging people from using UAV and helping the team.
  • In fact, I think the current KS system is screwed up. There should have been three KS slots and you get to pick one from each slot (like perks). The first slot has low KS bonuses that support the team (like UAV, Counter-UAV, and Sentry Gun). The second slot has medium KS bonuses designed to get a few kills (like Predator or Precision Airstrike). The third slot has the bigger bonuses (Pave Low, AC-130, etc). Care packages don't make sense in this system, so they're all gone.
  • A few of the maps are horrible for playlists that they appear in. Highrise, in particular, should never appear in the Domination playlist. Derail should never appear in Team Deathmatch.
  • The riot shield is mostly useless for anything other than trying to piss off the other team. It can help in objective modes, but your score will be so low that it's not worth using.
  • Melee speed should be radically reduced (or melee disabled) on akimbo weapons.
  • Commando should do nothing if you're using akimbo weapons.
  • You should be able to run after being flashed (even if you are blindly running).
  • Frag grenades have been made obsolete by the Semtex.
  • Tactical insertions take too long to activate.

That's just what I can come up with off the top of my head.
Agree with every single one of those. I'm at fault, too: I only pop out UAV when I'm playing with friends. If I'm just going through matchmaking by myself, it's always the good old Predator as the first killstreak.

Top Bottom