• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Mileena

Banned
backflip10019 said:
Argh, I just played with a teammate who went 17-46 in a game of Domination. Seriously, I didn't know that you could be that bad.
Last night I had a teammate go 8-41 on Demolition with no plants/defuses. He was second prestige too :lol

Flambe

Man wtf, keep getting put in matches with fuckers that go 30-4 this morning, can't get a positive k/d ratio for the life of me :lol

backflip10019 said:
Argh, I just played with a teammate who went 17-46 in a game of Domination. Seriously, I didn't know that you could be that bad.

k/d matters not a single bit in Domination (or any other objective game type). What was his score is the question. Objective games aren't TDM btw.

Fugu

OldJadedGamer said:
k/d matters not a single bit in Domination (or any other objective game type). What was his score is the question. Objective games aren't TDM btw.
What is the basis of the assumption that a player with a bad kdr is also a player who was trying to capture objectives? If anything, the tendency is backwards -- players who are effective at taking objectives were probably also good at shooting people (how else did they take the objective?).

OldJadedGamer said:
I don't care what mode you're playing -- if you're playing that terribly (going -30), you're not helping out your team in any way. Sure, the guy probably captured a point or two more than I did, but did he really help out the team by dying so many times? No. Also, he was near the bottom of the list at the end of the game, so he couldn't have captured many points, especially not enough points to make up for such a terrible performance.

I'd rather have a solid player who gets a good amount of kills while defending the objective than an idiot who runs gung-ho into a heavily guarded area and gets killed 46 times in a ten minute game. Also, the idea that "K/D doesn't matter in non-TDM matches" is completely relative. Sure, if you have a couple more deaths than kills in a game and performed well by advancing on the objective, then, you're right it doesn't matter. But when there is such a huge disparity between kills and deaths, I'd say that the player is just bad and should give up playing MW2 forever
or at least play on the other team, not mine.

Fugu said:
What is the basis of the assumption that a player with a bad kdr is also a player who was trying to capture objectives? If anything, the tendency is backwards -- players who are effective at taking objectives were probably also good at shooting people (how else did they take the objective?).

Agreed. From his stats and from what I saw of him in the game, he was just kind of running out into the open and dying a whole lot. He certainly wasn't helping at all.

Just had a match where I kept killing the same guy over and over because he was trying to get on top of the map on Highrise to snipe. Guess he had enough so he eventually left.:D

Also, I just noticed that I'm the only one on my friends list who haven't prestige yet. I hate those five stars but I'm not ready to get rid of everything just yet.

lionelhutz said:
If he died 30 times in a match chances are he's responsible for someone on the other team getting a few killstreaks too.

This.

You don't have to have a great ratio to be effective, but if you're severely negative, you just fed them killstreaks.

Mileena

Banned
Speaking of k/d in objective...

JUST now I go 20-4 in a game of hardcore Search and LOSE the game. Why? Because no one on my team has over 2 kills. I'm sorry but I don't give a shit if you planted the bomb one round, you are being absolutely useless to your team by getting 2 kills or less in SD. They were all above 3rd prestige too, shows how much that matters. It seems I always get stuck with bad kids every game.

corkscrewblow said:
Speaking of k/d in objective...

JUST now I go 20-4 in a game of hardcore Search and LOSE the game. Why? Because no one on my team has over 2 kills. I'm sorry but I don't give a shit if you planted the bomb one round, you are being absolutely useless to your team by getting 2 kills or less in SD. They were all above 3rd prestige too, shows how much that matters. It seems I always get stuck with bad kids every game.

True - but S&D is an oddball among objective modes, as it is essentially a no-respawn deathmatch game where the bomb acts as the necessary motivator to encourage player movement.

Mileena

Banned
divisionbyzorro said:
True - but S&D is an oddball among objective modes, as it is essentially a no-respawn deathmatch game where the bomb acts as the necessary motivator to encourage player movement.
More like a rip off of the greatest FPS in existence, Counter-Strike.

Has anyone here ever had a Sabotage game that hasn't already taken place? Usually when I try and play it, the other team has like 50+ kills and the match has only a few minutes left. I really enjoyed this gametype in WaW but in this one I can never find a good match that isn't almost done.

I personally believe that objective game types in this game are a joke, this game gives you no real incentive to win besides a little bit more XP. All people care about are kills, objective games are just time limited deathmatches with no score limit, and that is the truth.

backflip10019 said:
So yeah, apparently there is a new care package glitch. Just played a match against people doing it. Awesome.

icalledit.gif

Dresden

Damn. 23 kill streak, and my shotgun has two shells left. I round a corner. A guy is running towards me. I shoot him. Hit marker pops up. I get stabbed because he had Commando on.

Oh well.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Didn't read through the thread, but apparently Gamestop had a promotion where the game was $49.99 but it apparently just ended.

Anyways, I decided to check Amazon and it's available new for $39.99 right now! I just ordered and I'm not really into the CoD series. I just want to play because... well... all my friends are playing it. :p

Mush

Has anyone else noticed the HUGE difference in sound quality between the X360 and PS3 versions? Seriously, I would have thought with the space Bluray provides that the sound would be at least similar, let alone comparable. Could it be my audio set up that's causing this?

RdN

Got a Chopper Gunner today and it didn't last 10 seconds.. people really started to play attention to them.. Maybe it's time to change to AC130.

Mush

RdN said:
Got a Chopper Gunner today and it didn't last 10 seconds.. people really started to play attention to them.. Maybe it's time to change to AC130.
It's luck of the draw really. Sometimes you'll get entire teams who don't care about Air Support, other times you won't.

Mileena

Banned
Mush said:
Has anyone else noticed the HUGE difference in sound quality between the X360 and PS3 versions? Seriously, I would have thought with the space Bluray provides that the sound would be at least similar, let alone comparable. Could it be my audio set up that's causing this?
Yea the guns sound absolutely terrible on the PS3 version. I stated that earlier in this thread when I made the switch. Doesn't bother me that much though.

xtheEnemy

Banned
I fucking hate my self now. Can't even get that 1 last nuke for the emblem. (9/10 on that Eng Game III Challenge). I'm stucked on level 70 prestige II for over a week now.

Everyday I almost got a nuke but can't seem to pull it off, either I got really bad luck when I hit 23-0 or 24-0 or I'm getting too thrilled when I hit that spot. (been playing 3 hours/day)

1 time I can't f'ing summon my Chopper Gunner because of some idiot glitcher having too many aerial support. Only got to summon it 10points away from victory. I got to 17-0 without the chopper gunner. :(

Mush

corkscrewblow said:
Yea the guns sound absolutely terrible on the PS3 version. I stated that earlier in this thread when I made the switch. Doesn't bother me that much though.
Yeah I remember you talking about it but I was just wondering if it had something to do with audio settings and not the game itself. It's such a massive difference.

Dresden

xtheEnemy said:
I fucking hate my self now. Can't even get that 1 last nuke for the emblem. (9/10 on that Eng Game III Challenge). I'm stucked on level 70 prestige II for over a week now.

Everyday I almost got a nuke but can't seem to pull it off, either I got really bad luck when I hit 23-0 or 24-0 or I'm getting too thrilled when I hit that spot. (been playing 3 hours/day)

1 time I can't f'ing summon my Chopper Gunner because of some idiot glitcher having too many aerial support. Only got to summon it 10points away from victory. I got to 17-0 without the chopper gunner. :(
If it makes you feel better, no one cares about the nuke emblem since so many of them are used by boosters.

aku:jiki

I just buzzkilled my first nuker. I've stopped them many times before but this was the first I got someone at 24! He had an amazing CG run so I knew he was close if he wasn't there already, so I ran to where he should be and found him lying around with his HBS and hoping for a kill. I kinda felt like an ass when I saw that "Buzzkill!", but shit, I like losing even less! :lol

eternaLightness said:
Has anyone here ever had a Sabotage game that hasn't already taken place? Usually when I try and play it, the other team has like 50+ kills and the match has only a few minutes left. I really enjoyed this gametype in WaW but in this one I can never find a good match that isn't almost done.
You won't get much happier when you get into a normal Sabotage match. It's just killstreak camping and cheap play, non-stop. It's pretty common for people to yell at you for planting the bomb because they were on a good streak and were trying to nuke.

(The secret to playing for objectives and not have to suffer so much bullshit is to play Mosh Pit! You have to endure a lot of CTF (which has REALLY taken a hit from all these perks - it's basically unplayable unless you go Marathon/Lightweight/SMG), but it's worth it to get to play Sabotage, Demolition and Domination matches where almost everybody plays the objectives. :D)

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
In Hardcore Team Death Match, why does a team kill actually count as a death for the person that was killed? I don't remember this being the case in COD4. Is this a bug?

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
finally got site rep pro.

countless times i'd be running to blow up a claymore and I'd get shot. I honestly don't think I've ever sworn so much in my life. I could have made a sailor blush. Thank god I don't have a headset or else people would have thought I was a Psycho :lol

Ovid

i_am_ben said:

countless times i'd be running to blow up a claymore and I'd get shot. I honestly don't think I've ever sworn so much in my life. I could have made a sailor blush. Thank god I don't have a headset or else people would have thought I was a Psycho :lol
Why didn't u just use a silencer with FMJ?

tsigo

Is there a new care package glitch or something? I was just in a FFA game where 3 different people called in care packages simultaneously. "Enemy care package incoming." three times in a row without a pause.

tsigo said:
Is there a new care package glitch or something? I was just in a FFA game where 3 different people called in care packages simultaneously. "Enemy care package incoming." three times in a row without a pause.

Hearing three different people call in care packages simultaneously sounds like coincidence, not glitching, to me.

Hearing the same person call in care packages one right after the other sounds like glitching.

Regardless, there are those claiming that they have a new care package glitch, but to the best of my knowledge, nobody has released a reproducible way to create the glitch.

EDIT: Ban-worth apparently? My bad.

tsigo

divisionbyzorro said:
Hearing three different people call in care packages simultaneously sounds like coincidence, not glitching, to me.[/url]

Right, I just think it's unusual for so many people above level 10 to be using Care Packages regularly.

i_am_ben said:

I had a stupid moment yesterday, sniper in one of the buildings on wasteland, he had no idea I had snuck round the back of the building, I saw the claymore and shot it, he straight away turned round and used the double glocks before I could get my gun on him.

Lesson is most of the time its not worth bothering shooting claymore's try and find an alternate route.

divisionbyzorro said:
Hearing three different people call in care packages simultaneously sounds like coincidence, not glitching, to me.

Hearing the same person call in care packages one right after the other sounds like glitching.

Regardless, there are those claiming that they have a new care package glitch, but to the best of my knowledge, nobody has released a reproducible way to create the glitch.

EDIT: Here it is, on YouTube.

Edit it mate, you don't deserve a whoopin and I find your comments insightful. :D

has anybody else been having problems with connecting and frame rate issues since the 15 meg patch?

I haven`t been able to play since, I get between 1-5 fps and thats if I can even move most of the time I just rubber band in random directions.

The ps3 says I have 100% connection to my router (yes its been set in DMZ, resetted, extra...)

The only difference that I can see is that before the patch my nat was at moderate now its at open. Can that be changed?

4 more wins on S&D and 16 on Sabotage and I have gotten all the Operations rewards. Sabotage is so goddamn boring and S&D is so random. Today I got disconnected 4 times in S&D in 3-0 situation, goddammit.

aku:jiki said:
You won't get much happier when you get into a normal Sabotage match. It's just killstreak camping and cheap play, non-stop. It's pretty common for people to yell at you for planting the bomb because they were on a good streak and were trying to nuke.

(The secret to playing for objectives and not have to suffer so much bullshit is to play Mosh Pit! You have to endure a lot of CTF (which has REALLY taken a hit from all these perks - it's basically unplayable unless you go Marathon/Lightweight/SMG), but it's worth it to get to play Sabotage, Demolition and Domination matches where almost everybody plays the objectives. :D)

Gotta try Mosh Pit next time. When you get a good Sabotage game where both teams are actively pursuing the bombs it's great, sadly this almost never happens. Then lesser variety of spawn locations also increases the camping.

OldJadedGamer said:

Are you serious? KDR still matters a lot in objective game types. Do you realize how many uavs, predator missiles, harriers, etc the doofus that goes 4 and 21 gives the other team..which results in you and others dying on his team, which results in more killstreaks for them and less for you? That's a lot of momentum. That's a lot of easy capture points.

tarius1210 said:
Why didn't u just use a silencer with FMJ?

I use sitrep pro almost exclusively and I tried the fmj sit rep pro combo to get rid of claymores and I was extremely disappointed in how many times I couldn't shoot through the thinnest of things to take out a claymore. That the issue I have with fmj, it's extremely inconsistent. It may even be buggy, but it's impossible to tell.

FabCam

RdN said:

It's pure luck really. Once I called in a Pavelow on GW Domination and must have got 20+ kills from it. There was a +50 pretty much every few seconds :lol

PetriP-TNT said:
4 more wins on S&D and 16 on Sabotage and I have gotten all the Operations rewards. Sabotage is so goddamn boring and S&D is so random. Today I got disconnected 4 times in S&D in 3-0 situation, goddammit.

S&D can be very very random, first round on invasion, I ran to the right... *Bang* Sniper killed me 2 seconds into the match just randomly aiming down the center of the map.

Didn't go that way for the other rounds thats for sure.

jedimike

captmorgan said:
has anybody else been having problems with connecting and frame rate issues since the 15 meg patch?

I haven`t been able to play since, I get between 1-5 fps and thats if I can even move most of the time I just rubber band in random directions.

The ps3 says I have 100% connection to my router (yes its been set in DMZ, resetted, extra...)

The only difference that I can see is that before the patch my nat was at moderate now its at open. Can that be changed?

You want it to say open... that's a good thing. I would say your problems have nothing to do with the game or the patch. Your problems are with your likely with your ISP or even possibly with your PS3.

th3dude

Patrick Bateman said:
Is MW2 still bugged as hell, or can I come back to the MP?

I have to buy a new XBL gold membership before that, thou.

The latest patch seems to have stopped all of the glitchers on the 360. I think there are still some hacks out there but only private match hacks, nothing spreadable.

aku:jiki

kyo_daikun said:
S&D can be very very random, first round on invasion, I ran to the right... *Bang* Sniper killed me 2 seconds into the match just randomly aiming down the center of the map.
That wasn't random at all. Invasion and Highrise allow for line of sight from spawn to spawn and every match I play on these maps starts with a sniper running to the position... It's pretty horrible map design.

Though I have to admit it feels awesome to pull the snipe off, especially when you get three guys in one bullet on Highrise. :lol

sn1pes said:
The latest patch seems to have stopped all of the glitchers on the 360. I think there are still some hacks out there but only private match hacks, nothing spreadable.
There is talk that the CP glitch survived in the form of infinite sentry guns (like they forgot that one like they forgot Blinged Models) and in my experience, it might be true. I've been in a few matches where they had just one too many sentry guns all of a sudden...

But it isn't posted on YouTube (if it's true) and is far from widespread.

Top Bottom