• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

corkscrewblow said:
I don't think I've ever seen a good player use a hb sensor.

One of my friends who was just learning the game told me something the other day that made me laugh. He said "I just unlocked the heartbeat sensor and I think it's actually making me worse." I told him that most people take a lot longer to figure that out.

-viper-

Banned
corkscrewblow said:
I don't think I've ever seen a good player use a hb sensor.
Heartbeat sensor is good for FFA. It helped me get to first place a couple of times.

Otherwise I think its a waste. By relying on the HBS you fail to look up and end up dying.

:lol oh brother. If anything the hb sensor is too useful. I'm glad nobody else uses it though and because of that nobody bothers with ninja.

And if you're staring at it at all, you're using it wrong.

Mileena

Banned
-viper- said:
Heartbeat sensor is good for FFA. It helped me get to first place a couple of times.

Otherwise I think its a waste. By relying on the HBS you fail to look up and end up dying.
Exactly, so it's only good if you camp. And if you camp, you suck. Proving my point correct.

Nizz

aku:jiki said:
Man, it's so sad how IW allowed people to make matches be so boring you kinda want to break the disc in half. I was just playing a bunch of FFA and in the first few matches it was great, people were battling it out and everybody had a lot of kills. Lots of fun with many intense firefights - just like it should be!

Then the gaming gods decided I wasn't to have fun anymore, and every single lobby I joined was people sitting in corners with heartbeat sensors. It was maybe me and another guy running around, or even moving at all. I'm talking about the shameless kind of camping too - sitting in the same god damn spot through the whole match with two claymores and a HBS. Every player in every match, and I tried at least 10 matches.

SO BORING :(
I understand completely. One reason I love playing TDM is for intense firefights. No objective to worry about. Just shoot enemies. I remember the first couple of weeks, on maps like Favela, it was all out chaos. I loved it. ;)

But last night, on that same map, a shot wasn't fired for almost a minute. Which feels like an eternity in this game. So boring. Hey, if your play style is campish, that's what you do. But when the whole team is just sitting back waiting for you, it can get old real fast.

corkscrewblow said:
Exactly, so it's only good if you camp. And if you camp, you suck. Proving my point correct.
:lol :lol :lol stop stop you're killing me!
The HBS isn't helpful for attacking?! :lol

Here's a tip from somebody that sucks for ya - any info is good info in any situation in any game. MW2, Battlefield, Starcraft...chess, football. It does not matter.

Try this - Put on the hbs and go from cover to cover. Take it slow. Let the HBS refresh in between moving to the next cover. Only move to the next cover when you hear no bleeps and you see no evil on the radar or in your headphones. When you hear a bleep, look at the hbs briefly and assess the situation. Make the best move. Switch to shotgun? Hide? Attack? Step back? You have the info needed to make the best move and put the odds in your favor. Before you know it, you killed 3 guys AND you're on the other side of the map and didn't get flanked! Turn around, do it again. Then laugh your ass off when you get called a camper in the lobby.

DRE Fei

If they're running around with commando then I'm gonna use my HBS/anti-runner class. I don't care if people call me a noob for using it. It's in the game for a reason.

jiien

corkscrewblow said:
I don't use LMGs because you run too slow with them.

Seriously, man. I feel like I have lead weights attached to my legs. And I get left behind by the rest of the team. I really wanted to like the AUG too, because it handles well.

SuperÑ said:

The mod shouldn't be talking the way he is. He's just another power-happy 30+ year old man talking trash to some teens on xboxlive, but the video was edited in a way that you can't tell why he banned the players. So, yeah, that doof should be fired and can't handle his own "power", but that doesn't mean the banned players didn't get what they deserved. There's no real way to know.

smik

Mr. B Natural said:
The mod shouldn't be talking the way he is. He's just another power-happy 30+ year old man talking trash to some teens on xboxlive, but the video was edited in a way that you can't tell why he banned the players. So, yeah, that doof should be fired and can't handle his own "power", but that doesn't mean the banned players didn't get what they deserved. There's no real way to know.

does it really matter what they have said, and even if it was edited i wouldve said the same thing GTFOH! Microsoft TOS shouldnt abuse/ban for having a good laugh or make fun of a power happy moderator or even a ridiculous rude online player.

Mr. B Natural said:

Uh, is everyone a moron? The mod had every right to ban this crybaby modder. Look at his youtube channel for god's sake.

Look at the description of one of his videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYbpthh_cPA&feature=channel

Have You Been Looking For A Legit 10th Prestige Lobby?
Really Want To Get To 10th?

Well If You Do, I Have Good News For You!
I Am A Legit Modder That Has Several Different Hacked XBOX (JTAG) Consoles And Modded Files Such As The XeX And .FF Files To Make This Mod Possible . . .

I Am One Out Of A Few That Can Do This And Wont Scam Anyone!

This Modded Game Includes :

Mega XP - 1 Kill 1 Prestige
Super Jump
Super Speed / Slow Motion
Friction / Speed Strafe
Explosive Ammo
Low Gravity
And Much More!

If You Are Interested In Doing This, Just Subscribe And Then Send Me A Message! I Always Have Special Offers Running For YouTube Subscribers To Bring You The Best Possible Experience In Call Of Duty Gaming!

- LE2 UnScRiiPTeD

A modder crying about being banned? Cry me a fucking river.

Posting a video of a mod banning your account even though you have modder videos on your youtube channel? A complete dumbass.

ultim8p00

Banned
Mr. B Natural said:
No, you're not getting it. If they're even close to lunging at you then you failed. There's no hypothetical here. You have plenty of tools at your disposal to kill a runner before he even thinks about using his knife because he's waaay too far away or he doesn't know where you are. Take the lag factor out of the game. The spawns suck. I'll give you that, but they are very predictable. Again, you should be aware of what's going on around you. Unless you're playing rust, they're not spawning smack behind or infront of you unless they have tactical insertion. And if they do, you should be aware of it.

Commando clicks in at about the 5 to 6 foot distance range...give or take a foot or two. If you can't kill someone before he gets to that range, then you deserve to be cut. Again, I'm not talking about rolling dice at the 10 foot range in hopes that your connection is better than his.

There are a lot of situations where you have no control or choice of your position, usually because of bad spawns or because there is air support outside and you have to be indoors (even if you have CB, your mates might not) and so you are forced into closed quarters situations. In games like FFA, people get spawned just a few feet away from you and you run right into them right after killing them and if you don't have a shotgun you are fucked. After every kill on FFA, I switch to the shotgun and just walk. More often that not, the same guy eats pellets.

So like I said, hypothetically speaking, you shouldn't have a commando knifer all in your face. But in practice, many times you just don't have a choice.

corkscrewblow said:

see, the problem is that you have the mindset that you HAVE to find a fight. It's no wonder you hate campers.

If you're playing wasteland or derail it's understandable, but with any other stage, you need to switch into the mindset that the fight will make its way towards you, not to the point where you are camping, but with the result of moving slower and using ADS more.

It especially works great with the RPD+HBS, because you get a full view of the sensor even when using ADS.

But if you really can't live without being near the enemy, then use TI to plant yourself near a nice flanking area.

aku:jiki

huacst21 said:
Uh, is everyone a moron?
Uh, are you? You are completely missing the point. It's not that they got banned, it's how he treated them as an official MS employee.

The little kid in the video. What is he, like 10? He asks politely why the other guy got banned and even says "if you don't mind me asking." The Pro replies "none of your damn business, you're muted!"

So not cool. It's a little fucking kid, he was being polite and this guy is an official MS representative. If you have no idea why that's bad, maybe you should shut up with this moron shit.

Mr B. Natural said:
I'm glad nobody else uses it though and because of that nobody bothers with ninja.
Dude... Most of your posts are pretty smart and show insight, but sometimes you just throw these ridiculous curveballs that sound like you're talking about a completely different game. 80% of the killcams I see star an ACR with HBS and FMJ on it.

Seriously, not to be a dick, but that's so wrong that I can't even fathom how you could post something like that. Do you only play clan matches or something?

DRE Fei said:
It's in the game for a reason.
Yeah, and that reason is that IW loves to give free kills to people with no skills. You have your randomized headshots when you were aiming at the guy's feet, infinite noobtubes, noobtube direct impact so you can walk around with it equipped constantly and not worry and, of course, the HBS which was invented for players so bad that they can't even reach a 3 killstreak to get a UAV.

These are not respectable additions to a competetive game. IW should not cater to this crowd because it's bad for everybody - it sucks for players that actually do have some FPS skills and it sucks for the newbies because they have a tougher time learning with all these stupid crutches in place. Without stuff like this, the learning curve is steeper but it is also shorter. In short, the HBS is a stupid addition that ruins everybody's fun for no valid reason.

Look at it this way: Nobody likes dying, but during and after an intense firefight, your blood starts pumping a little and you get excited. Even though you died, you got to put up a fight and have a fun battle for a little while. You really got to match your wits against your opponent. Have you ever felt anything even close to this when you sneak around a corner and instantly get shot from a pitch black camping spot by a guy using an HBS? No, you haven't. The HBS can only ever be fun for the wielder and it is impossible for it to result in any sort of fun for the victim. And, guys, games are actually supposed to at least try to be fun for everybody.

ultim8p00

Banned
Uh, are you? You are completely missing the point. It's not that they got banned, it's how he treated them as an official MS employee.

The little kid in the video. What is he, like 10? He asks politely why the other guy got banned and even says "if you don't mind me asking." The Pro replies "none of your damn business, you're muted!"

So not cool. It's a little fucking kid, he was being polite and this guy is an official MS representative. If you have no idea why that's bad, maybe you should shut up with this moron shit.

Dude... Most of your posts are pretty smart and show insight, but sometimes you just throw these ridiculous curveballs that sound like you're talking about a completely different game. 80% of the killcams I see star an ACR with HBS and FMJ on it.

Seriously, not to be a dick, but that's so wrong that I can't even fathom how you could post something like that. Do you only play clan matches or something?

Yeah, and that reason is that IW loves to give free kills to people with no skills. You have your randomized headshots when you were aiming at the guy's feet, infinite noobtubes, noobtube direct impact so you can walk around with it equipped constantly and not worry and, of course, the HBS which was invented for players so bad that they can't even reach a 3 killstreak to get a UAV.

These are not respectable additions to a competetive game. IW should not cater to this crowd because it's bad for everybody - it sucks for players that actually do have some FPS skills and it sucks for the newbies because they have a tougher time learning with all these stupid crutches in place. Without stuff like this, the learning curve is steeper but it is also shorter. In short, the HBS is a stupid addition that ruins everybody's fun for no valid reason.

Dude the video has been HEAVILY edited to make the MS rep look bad. Although I will say that he was being a dick. Anyways, yeah ban that hacker.

A little kid playing an M-rated game. Obviously the little kid should know what the hell he is getting into when he plays the game right?

Oh no, you muted me!!! That really hurt lol. It seems the kid has thicker skin than you.

Look at it this way: Nobody likes dying, but during and after an intense firefight, your blood starts pumping a little and you get excited. Even though you died, you got to put up a fight and have a fun battle for a little while. You really got to match your wits against your opponent. Have you ever felt anything even close to this when you sneak around a corner and instantly get shot from a pitch black camping spot by a guy using an HBS? No, you haven't. The HBS can only ever be fun for the wielder and it is impossible for it to result in any sort of fun for the victim. And, guys, games are actually supposed to at least try to be fun for everybody.

Dude, that's a really intense rant!

I'm gonna have to side with B. Natural. I don't see HBS that often online; of course, I still use Ninja most of the time just to get the silent footsteps, so that might be part of it. In general, the slow refresh time, the fact that it only works in a single direction, and the fact that it's so easy to counter tend to make the HBS not worth it. Yes, it will give the noob a free kill here and there, but he would do far better to equip a noob tube for free kills (especially since the explosive damage countermeasure requires you to lose your other equipment and your UAV, which makes it entirely not worth it).

(And if the camper in question was really just camping a doorway, chances are the HBS had little or nothing to do with your cheap death - you would have died even if he wasn't using it).

DRE Fei

LOL, u mad? If you get to have insane teleportation, then I get to see where you are. Deal with it. I've been killed by HBS many times and it's annoying, but there's this thing called ninja for a reason.

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
I've noticed that Terminal on FFA more often than not turns into "lets sit in the corner and shoot people as they run past".

Camping in FFA is the reason i rarely play it anymore.

divisionbyzorro said:
I love how everybody who comes in this thread to bitch about this game ends up hating me. :lol I guess I must be the leader of the MW2 Defense Force. :lol

Which I guess makes sense since I've repeatedly stated that the only thing in this game that I think is overpowered/unbalanced is OMA-tubing. I just think most people are frustrated because this is so different from COD4 that it might as well have come from a different series, and they haven't accepted that yet.

It probably helps that I played maybe an hour of COD4 on a friend's account. I spent significant time with W@W (finished P1L54 I believe), and this game is so much better it's not even funny.

You're entitled to your opinion. So go play COD4. The community for that game is still strong.

kthxbai
What are you talking about? Why would I hate you I don't even know who you are.

I have been playing COD4 actually and please don't say "kthxbai" it makes you come off as an arrogant, childish, and annoying person.
Mr. B Natural said:
People still bitching about commando I see. Nice. If you're getting knifed in this game then you don't know how to play it yet. Nobody should be getting that close to you without your knowledge. You have shotguns with twice the range of commando. Use them. You're gonna get knifed, sure but you should be getting those runner-gunner types 2 or more times out of 3. They're predictable and they're a joke especially when you take in account how much info the game gives you in many little ways...be it the radar that shows where your teammates are looking, where they die, sound effects, etc. A lot of tier 3 perks are traps against decent players and especially half-way organized teams. Commando is one of them.

There's a lot of junk in this game but neither commando, lightweight and marathon isn't one of them. Those are well balanced perks that actually give you an disadvantage a majority of the time.
Bullshit.
Mr. B Natural said:
Commando has invincible frames. It needs invincible frames for it be even remotely functional. If you're letting a guy with commando get that close to you then you lost. You have a 3rd perk that helps you just as much as commando does and some of those perks help to counter commando. People gotta stop blaming their connections and start blaming their brains. Think "If somebody shows up right in front of me...can I kill him before he can stab me?" If the answer is 'no' then what are doing there? If you look at the radar and see that nobody is looking in the direction of the flank, why don't you...I dunno...get your tush over there and ruin a runner's day. Find a spot that allows you to see mid-range down the flank and tada, no more knifing. Better yet, pair it with the heartbeat sensor. Ninja is a 3rd tier perk...and you can only have one. Better better yet, toss on some headphones. Ninja pro is a 3rd tier perk. Wink wink. And if you really want to implement those headphones, counter ninja pro with sitrep pro.

That reminds me got my fifth hate-text message the other day from a commando loser that went 2 and 20 in which 15 of those kills were from me. "Camping with your trtle beach. Your so bad kid." Mmm...tasty tears.
Ha first you say if your getting knifed you don't know how to play the game, then you admit that commando has invincible frames
Man, it's so sad how IW allowed people to make matches be so boring you kinda want to break the disc in half. I was just playing a bunch of FFA and in the first few matches it was great, people were battling it out and everybody had a lot of kills. Lots of fun with many intense firefights - just like it should be!

Then the gaming gods decided I wasn't to have fun anymore, and every single lobby I joined was people sitting in corners with heartbeat sensors. It was maybe me and another guy running around, or even moving at all. I'm talking about the shameless kind of camping too - sitting in the same god damn spot through the whole match with two claymores and a HBS. Every player in every match, and I tried at least 10 matches.

SO BORING :(
Yeah the heart beat sensor is bullshit. See aku:jiki it's all right to not like some aspects of MW2.

corkscrewblow said:
Yeah, that's a valid concern, but honestly, the lack of accuracy is what really gets me.

In hardcore I;ve found the HB sensor to be very useful. You'd be surprised the amount of people that don't use ninja in games.

careful

I used to love the HBS, but I stopped using it because it felt a bit cheap. Definitely not on the level of OMA tubers or teleport knifers, since you can easily counter HBS with Ninja.
For those that suck with the HBS, the trick is not to look at it, just listen for the beep then have a look once you hear it.

aku:jiki: Not sure about you, but I barely come across anyone with the HBS. Like less than 5% of all my killcams. 4 days played. PS3. Mostly TDM & MTDM.

Dresden

From the last couple of days played, I've noticed a steady increase in the number of Danger Close classes and a steady decrease in the number of snipers. It's rare to see a sniper in any map besides Wasteland or Estate now.

I have mixed feelings about HBS. I think they look AWESOME on the guns, but I've never been fond of actually using it. It's more helpful to not even look at it, just check any time you hear a beep. But most good players run around with Ninja anyways...

FiRez

Hey iw: i will never be able to get into a <100 ms game, I don't live in USA so I wish I could at least choose to set the ping range for searching games

I liked much better the COD4 method: choose the first game available to get into the action

jiien

InterMoniker said:
Bullshit.

Why? I don't think he was referring to getting knifed in general, just if you happen to get knifed so often that you have a problem with it. In which case, you aren't as good a player as you think you are. Commando Knifing is seriously not unbalanced in this game. As people have said many times before, shotguns to the face stop all knifing. Knifing is a one hit kill within an extremely small radius. Learn to control your personal space and kill anyone who invades it. Shotguns, Sitrep Pro, Commando, better battlefield awareness, all of these things stop a knifer. As well as, you know, every single gun in the game.

Ha first you say if your getting knifed you don't know how to play the game, then you admit that commando has invincible frames

Those two thoughts do not contradict each other. If you actually read what he wrote, you'll see that he is saying that Commando needs invincibility frames to even be viable. Whether I agree or not, I'm not sure what the 'Ha' was for, since you didn't quite understand what he wrote.

Yeah the heart beat sensor is bullshit. See aku:jiki it's all right to not like some aspects of MW2.

How exactly, is HBS bullshit? You may not personally like it (I know I don't), but it's easily countered, and far from overpowered.

jiien said:
Why? I don't think he was referring to getting knifed in general, just if you happen to get knifed so often that you have a problem with it. In which case, you aren't as good a player as you think you are. Commando Knifing is seriously not unbalanced in this game. As people have said many times before, shotguns to the face stop all knifing. Knifing is a one hit kill within an extremely small radius. Learn to control your personal space and kill anyone who invades it. Shotguns, Sitrep Pro, Commando, better battlefield awareness, all of these things stop a knifer. As well as, you know, every single gun in the game.

Those two thoughts do not contradict each other. If you actually read what he wrote, you'll see that he is saying that Commando needs invincibility frames to even be viable. Whether I agree or not, I'm not sure what the 'Ha' was for, since you didn't quite understand what he wrote.

How exactly, is HBS bullshit? You may not personally like it (I know I don't), but it's easily countered, and far from overpowered.
LMFAO! :lol

jiien

InterMoniker said:
LMFAO! :lol

Are you actually going to contribute to the discussion? Or just act like you're superior and tell off anyone that disagrees?

Knifing is a one hit kill within an extremely close range. Commando extends that range, but in the grander view, only slightly (and even less if they have that tac knife on). Knifing is the king of close quarter combat. So...why are you trying to beat a knifer with your ACR within 10 feet?

There are plenty of legitimate things to complain about in this game, but if you're complaining about knifing, a mechanic that has been in these types of games for a very, very long time, then you're really not that good at this game. At least, worse than you seem to think you are. If you have yet to learn how to counter Commando, better for every knifing build out there. They are doomed to get poor ratios because they aren't that good, but at least they have you.

jiien said:
Are you actually going to contribute to the discussion? Or just act like you're superior and tell off anyone that disagrees?

Knifing is a one hit kill within an extremely close range. Commando extends that range, but in the grander view, only slightly (and even less if they have that tac knife on). Knifing is the king of close quarter combat. So...why are you trying to beat a knifer with your ACR within 10 feet?

There are plenty of legitimate things to complain about in this game, but if you're complaining about knifing, a mechanic that has been in these types of games for a very, very long time, then you're really not that good at this game. At least, worse than you seem to think you are. If you have yet to learn how to counter Commando, better for every knifing build out there. They are doomed to get poor ratios because they aren't that good, but at least they have you.
Did he not fucking say
Mr. B Natural said:
Commando has invincible frames. It needs invincible frames for it be even remotely functional.

?

The Commando perk is a pile of shit.

ultim8p00

Banned
I don't get why people say HBS makes you worse. If you are starring at HBS all the time, you are using it wrong. I use HBS kind of like I use UAV. I use it to get a general direction of where the enemy is, then act accordingly. I also have Ninja Pro on, in case anybody else is trying to use it on me.

X26

Banned
I only use the HBS with sniper rifles, otherwise I just spend too much time looking at it ratehr than the actual action

I wish they let you fold/unfold the HBS in the MP like you could in SP, i'd probably use it more then.

jiien

InterMoniker said:
Did he not fucking say

?

The Commando perk is a pile of shit.

And? Shoot him before he starts the slide? Not sure what you're complaining about now. It has those frames so that the animation will keep up with the math. If he hit the knifing button and you were in range, you were dead already. Regardless of what the animation shows, the math determined you were dead. Just like any other gun.

Shoot him before you die. Put a claymore down, use a shotgun, stop chilling around corners, stop camping, stop letting him get in your range. You can kill him from far, far out of the range that he can kill you. Take advantage of that.

jiien said:
And? Shoot him before he starts the slide? Not sure what you're complaining about now. It has those frames so that the animation will keep up with the math. If he hit the knifing button and you were in range, you were dead already. Regardless of what the animation shows, the math determined you were dead. Just like any other gun.

Shoot him before you die. Put a claymore down, use a shotgun, stop chilling around corners, stop camping, stop letting him get in your range. You can kill him from far, far out of the range that he can kill you. Take advantage of that.
Dude just stop trying to convince me that commando is worth while I've clearly made up my mind oh and
Put a claymore down
Against commando are you shitting me? Claymores are close to useless in this game now because of commando lightweight marathon bullshit.

Ok the math determines me dead OK THERE

Funny thing is I was never talking to you but you insist on replying to me in post 27685 and on the last page in post 27640. Not trying to be a dick but damn i reply to 1 or 2 people then like 10 people responses back about my comments.

Mileena

Banned
I've seriously seen someone Commando THROUGH my claymore and knife me. Of course, he didn't even get hit by the claymore. This game is really a joke sometimes.

xtheEnemy

Banned
Put a claymore down

You'll hear the tick..

You'll turned around..

You'll see the guy coming towards you..

You got knifed by a commando perk user..

You'll hear the explosion of your clamore..

Then you'll watch the killcam and wonder why your perfectly placed claymore didn't went off in time to kill that guy.

whitehawk

Banned
InterMoniker said:
Funny thing is I was never talking to you but you insist on replying to me in post 27685 and on the last page in post 27640. Not trying to be a dick but damn i reply to 1 or 2 people then like 10 people responses back about my comments.
This is a forum, not a private chatroom. Whenever you post something, you're talking to all of GAF.

shuri

Banned
I dedicated my entire 'career' to free-for-all, but is it me or ground wars is completly unplayable? Its like a joke mode with tons of explosions and shit flying non stop. I don't understand how people like this stuff. I must be getting old.

In Free-For-All, you only depend on yourself, and you can get killed from any angles..but in those giant team modes, its like non-stop bombings, bullets flying, grenades everywhere..it's just annoying to play. The K/D ratios seems way lower in ground war maps, because the maps are simply too smalls, even the giant ones.

After I reach prestige, i'll jump into the hardcore mode, but I just dont get the appeal at all. It reminds me of those 'overkill' servers for Quake and Unreal Tournament, where you could shoot crazy stuff all the time and it was a respawn fest.

whitehawk said:
This is a forum, not a private chatroom. Whenever you post something, you're talking to all of GAF.
I know that and respect that but when I'm talking to one person it's annoying to have 10 people respond saying

"Oh your wrong you don't dislike marathon you dont like commado"

or a jackass comment like this

"I must've missed the memo where every FPS game should cater only to what you want."

or sarcastic shit like this

"they should change the knifing so that you can't knife while sprinting."

OK?

dwin45

shuri said:
I dedicated my entire 'career' to free-for-all, but is it me or ground wars is completly unplayable? Its like a joke mode with tons of explosions and shit flying non stop. I don't understand how people like this stuff. I must be getting old.

In Free-For-All, you only depend on yourself, and you can get killed from any angles..but in those giant team modes, its like non-stop bombings, bullets flying, grenades everywhere..it's just annoying to play. The K/D ratios seems way lower in ground war maps, because the maps are simply too smalls, even the giant ones.

After I reach prestige, i'll jump into the hardcore mode, but I just dont get the appeal at all. It reminds me of those 'overkill' servers for Quake and Unreal Tournament, where you could shoot crazy stuff all the time and it was a respawn fest.
Completely agree. The messed up spawn points and lots of smallish levels means that Ground War is nearly unplayable.

Aselith

X26 said:
I only use the HBS with sniper rifles, otherwise I just spend too much time looking at it ratehr than the actual action

I wish they let you fold/unfold the HBS in the MP like you could in SP, i'd probably use it more then.

Why would you look at the Heartbeat Sensor during any action? The HBS is so that you can check what's beyond cover without exposing yourself. It's good for crossing the map without getting your ass shot off by people in cover. You should only be glancing at it occasionally or behind cover. It makes sounds so there is no need to look at it really.

I don't use it that often but it's a pretty good device to have especially for LMG's.

X26 said:

I never understood how hbs could be useful for a sniper. like, how will it help a long range gun like a sniper?

Aselith

TestOfTide said:
I never understood how hbs could be useful for a sniper. like, how will it help a long range gun like a sniper?

It helps you avoid people that happen by. You can see them coming when you are camping and get under cover and either hit them from behind or let them pass. It also helps you move across the map undetected. Obviously, you aren't going to avoid them if they have a UAV but that's the way she goes. You'll still see them coming which gives you an advantage. Basically, it's for something other than long range targets.

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
Aselith said:
It helps you avoid people that happen by. You can see them coming when you are camping and get under cover and either hit them from behind or let them pass. It also helps you move across the map undetected. Obviously, you aren't going to avoid them if they have a UAV but that's the way she goes. You'll still see them coming which gives you an advantage. Basically, it's for something other than long range targets.

ESPECIALLY if your secondary weapon is a shotgun.

Top Bottom