• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

DoomGyver

backflip10019 said:
What was in the video?

Crash
Overgrown
Complex (apartments)
Compact (cold mountain side with a magnetic crane used in junkyards)
Storm (central warehouse)

Edit: hey what was the gun showed twice? the one not picked up but rotating like in an oldschool playlist? Was it the g36c with reddot?

venom2124

Full Recovery said:
Crash
Overgrown
Complex (apartments)
Compact (cold mountain side with a magnetic crane used in junkyards)
Storm (central warehouse)

Edit: hey what was the gun showed twice? the one not picked up but rotating like in an oldschool playlist? Was it the g36c with reddot?
Yup that was the G36c. I would love some extra guns with the map pack.

DoomGyver

thechemist said:
True but I'd love if they had a playlist with the old killstreaks.
We can only hope for a bare-bones playlist. No killstreaks, No perks, No attachments or limit it to silencer/mags/fmj/reddot/holo/acog. Just your gun and your wits.

mr_boo

Dresden said:
Crash should be interesting considering how many One Man Army/Danger Close tubers walk around these days.
I thought there was word that tweaks to OMA were coming.

LeMaximilian said:
Man, I wish Vacant was in there. Awesome still.
Agreed. Add Countdown too :D

kuYuri

Did Storm look like the Gulag from the campaign to anyone else? Complex looks like the Virginian suburbs part from the campaign.

gogogow

How many maps are there supposed to be for the first DLC pack?
I dunno how I feel about paying for old maps that I already paid for with COD4.

Nizz

Strider2K99 said:
Did Storm look like the Gulag from the campaign to anyone else? Complex looks like the Virginian suburbs part from the campaign.
Yep, I noticed that too. I think Storm may be from the Gulag level.

Najaf said:
If they were user created maps or something not legitimate, Activision would have no interest in having them pulled from Youtube.
Maybe for false information?
Wow, changing a wall's color and adding some random LCD screens, thanks IW!! :lol
You seriously think they're so stupid?

DoomGyver

adriano999 said:
Maybe for false information?
Wow, changing a wall's color and adding some random LCD screens, thanks IW!! :lol
You seriously think they're so stupid?
And the three new maps shown? I doubt even a modder would go through that much trouble to fake some DLC.

smik

happy to see Crash and Overgrown make it over from COD4, definitely the 2 best maps along side Backlot and Strike.... what am i saying, all of COD4 maps are awesome :lol :lol

Swag

Wow just had 6 straight games with a 30-(2-7) K/D.

HARRIER is fucken amazing, JESUS. Why I used Attack Copter for so long i will never understand. Sad part is I was scared to put nuke on because I didn't think I'd get it :lol

Sebulon3k said:
Wow just had 6 straight games with a 30-(2-7) K/D.

HARRIER is fucken amazing, JESUS. Why I used Attack Copter for so long i will never understand. Sad part is I was scared to put nuke on because I didn't think I'd get it :lol

I allways take out a harrier the second it appears, so i thought others would do the same and never used it.

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
smik said:
happy to see Crash and Overgrown make it over from COD4, definitely the 2 best maps along side Backlot and Strike.... what am i saying, all of COD4 maps are awesome :lol :lol

ew no.

Dresden

Judging by how many multikills I get out of Harriers, people still have yet to learn that one Stinger shot > Harriers. It's pitiful sometimes.

I also found out tonight that getting 1,000 kills with the RPG does not get you a new emblem. Challenges page lied to me.

Swag

TheVampire said:
I allways take out a harrier the second it appears, so i thought others would do the same and never used it.

I always do the same, but I guess the people me / my friends were playing against were a bunch of bads. I had a 31 kill streak at one point was fucken insane :lol.

Sad thing is I don't think I will ever play as good as I played tonight, downhill from here :[

Xux

W00t one more level and Harriers won't be insta-win for my opponents.

Yay.

It's, like, pre-30: sneak around hoping someone has the decency to take out air support.
Post-30: shit gets shot down the second I ADS at it.

I also seem to get annoying lag when I play against people in Japan.

jiien said:
Awesome dude, thanks.

I can't wait for some new maps. I almost don't care about how good/bad they are. I just want something new.

And if we get new guns too...hot damn.

I'm also hoping for one or two new killstreak bonuses, and it's been mostly confirmed by Bowling's twitter that we'll see new titles and emblems.

And who was it who told me to start my sniper education with the Intervention? I averaged 3-10 starting out with the Intervention, but a switch to the Barret .50 Cal immediately brought me back to even. Of course, we all know how inconsistent this game can be due to opponents, but I found the Barret far easier to use.

And could the MP5k be the only SMG improved by the Rapid Fire attachment? It feels like the recoil doesn't get appreciably worse, and you're pumping out bullets faster. I only played one round with it as a break from my self-taught sniper education, but it felt much better. Akimbo will be soon; we'll see how that goes (it'll be my first experience with SMGs Akimbo - yes, after 6.5 days played).

Xux

It'd be cool if they added a placeable pitching machine that was converted into an automatic grenade launcher as a killstreak reward.

Xux said:
It'd be cool if they added a placeable pitching machine that was converted into an automatic grenade launcher as a killstreak reward.

You described it in a particularly bizarre way, but I could see a more powerful sentry gun showing up as a higher-level killstreak reward.

An RPG-sentry gun at 8 or 9 kills would be fun :lol

Accidentus

Neo Member
divisionbyzorro said:
And who was it who told me to start my sniper education with the Intervention? I averaged 3-10 starting out with the Intervention, but a switch to the Barret .50 Cal immediately brought me back to even. Of course, we all know how inconsistent this game can be due to opponents, but I found the Barret far easier to use.
I 100% agree. I don't know how some people swear by the Intervention. It seems really random for some reason. Dead center chest shots won't be 1 shot kills but shoulder shots/complete misses will be. Maybe this has to do with the accuracy idk? The Barrett is much more consistent.

Obviously experiences may very, but the Intervention with thermal is my #1 public enemy in this game. Give me your noobtubes, dual shotguns, endless amount of crap in the sky that my teammates are completely oblivious to..... I'll take that every day of the week and twice on Thursdays over a team of Thermal Intervention users who have mastered the aim-assist snag/quick scope auto-headshot.

Noobtube & Ranger is easily on my hatelist on spots 1 & 2, other things don't bother me nearly as much.

Can't wait for the map pack, it will most likely be the first (and last) DLC I will ever buy

Top Bottom