• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Don't know if it's been asked or answered, but will the lawsuit brought up by the two ex-heads of Infinity Ward mess up the delivery of the DLC maps?

Jrmint

Patrick Bateman said:
Played my first match today without killing anyone. :(

It was depressing..
Yikes, I don't think I've ever played a full match without that happening.

In other news, I really cannot get enough of this OMA Noob Tube class, I know it is cheap, but god damn is it fun.

Tamanon

Banned
Patrick Bateman said:
Played my first match today without killing anyone. :(

It was depressing..

It's the only reason I have the Martyrdom deathstreak. Because I know occasionally I'll have an absolutely awful match. At least I'll get one Afterlife/Payback out of it!

I don't know what it was. Pretty much a combination of me picking the wrong setup, good enemies and a stupid team on my side who didn't care shit about the Harriers constantly poppin' in every 30 seconds..

Tamanon

Banned
Skel said:
Yikes, I don't think I've ever played a full match without that happening.

In other news, I really cannot get enough of this OMA Noob Tube class, I know it is cheap, but god damn is it fun.

It's just like I feel a bit guilty whenever I play my knifer class(Marathon/Lightweight/Commando/UMP/SPAS). I know it's a bit cheap, but it's SUCH a different playstyle. I rack up a ton more kills but also a ton more deaths. It was so bad I hit Commando 6 by the time I was level 15.:lol

Oh, and free for all with a heartbeat, claymores, and scavenger [or OMA] is so unfair.

I went 30-8 four times last night.
For me Free for all is all about ninja pro, a silenced assault rifle and just sound whoring the shit out of them. A silenced TAR with hardline (scavenger, ninja pro) and claymores is a top kit. 5-7-9 killstreaks and you're set.

Ninja Pro is a must in FFA.

Went for my first nuke yesterday after a few dismal attempts a week ago and 2 come along at once. Really in FFA if no one takes down your air support in wasteland you can get a nuke in a couple of minutes. I guess I was just lucky with the lobbies.

Accidentus

Neo Member
If anybody plays with a group of six I highly suggest you play at least one game of domination where everyone on the team rocks a riot shield class. Probably the single most fun game I've had playing mw2. We ended up winning pretty handily in a game on highrise. Protip: use stun grenades with throwing knife as your secondary. Wait for the other guy to stop shooting, stun him, then an easy throwing knife kill.

I had a buddy last night OMAing hand grenades from the creek in Rundown. He lobbed 26 grenades from under the middle bridge and managed to gain Harriers. :lol :lol :lol

Dresden

OMA is dumb as hell. At least Scavenger forces you to look for deathbags.

RPGs are too fun to use for explosive classes for me to use OMA. Got a five kills with one rocket on Skidrow the other day, I was trying to get to C from the alley and just fired at two people running out after capping it. Boom. I didn't even see the other three. :lol

Tamanon

Banned
Dresden said:
OMA is dumb as hell. At least Scavenger forces you to look for deathbags.

RPGs are too fun to use for explosive classes for me to use OMA. Got a five kills with one rocket on Skidrow the other day, I was trying to get to C from the alley and just fired at two people running out after capping it. Boom. I didn't even see the other three. :lol

<3 RPGs, especially when you get the unexpected multikills.

And btw, after prestiging, let me just say that level 30 is a godsend as you can finally get rid of that absolute garbage launcher on your anti-air class. That thing is worthless.

Skel said:
The thing about the gun models is honestly just a preference thing. It has nothing to do with accuracies like a previous poster said, or looking funny. I just think they are more detailed and better to look at then the BC2 versions. Again just a preference.
I think most gun models in BC2 really look like shit compared to the ones in MW2. I'm not a MW2 nut or anything, i must have posted maybe a cple of times in here. But the other day i picked up a scar in BC2, and i literaly lol-ed.

aku:jiki

Woo, I just launched the perfect Stealth Bomber! I waited until round 2 in a CTF, then I put the SB on their spawn, aimed at the most popular path away from it. I got the entire team with it! :lol

I have also reached prestige 8 and am starting to worry a little about reaching prestige 10. Then what? I'll probably stop playing or something, part of the fun has always been to force myself into variety but at the same time I don't want to pull off 1000 headshots with the M21. At the same time, I'm looking forward to doing unlocks and then getting to actually keep them.

40 penetration kills with the FAL is a fucking joke btw. Should've been 4.

Sir Garbageman said:
For my SMG class I go with the popular combo of: Ump w/ silencer / scavenger / cold blooded / ninja. Pure stealth class. The Ump has great iron sites on top of the fact it does enough damage where you won't miss stopping power.
That's not an SMG class, though. It's an AR class with an SMG on it.

Marathon is a must - SMG's are for wildly running and gunning!

aku:jiki said:

That's where the UMP is such a bizarre aberration - it's so accurate at distances that it can be used as if it's an AR. It will kill in 3 hits regardless of range, which is actually even better than the SCAR (which needs 4 at a distance). If you can control its recoil, you can use it like an AR and be no worse off from it.

With the other SMGs, yes - they are close quarters weapons, best used fired from the hip while running around like a crazy person. (Okay, that's something of an exaggeration, but you get the point.)

divisionbyzorro said:
That's where the UMP is such a bizarre aberration - it's so accurate at distances that it can be used as if it's an AR. It will kill in 3 hits regardless of range, which is actually even better than the SCAR (which needs 4 at a distance). If you can control its recoil, you can use it like an AR and be no worse off from it.
Yeah, that still makes it an AR class though! The UMP is basically a mini-AR like the F2000 is a maxi-SMG.

Woo, I just launched the perfect Stealth Bomber! I waited until round 2 in a CTF, then I put the SB on their spawn, aimed at the most popular path away from it. I got the entire team with it! :lol

I have also reached prestige 8 and am starting to worry a little about reaching prestige 10. Then what? I'll probably stop playing or something, part of the fun has always been to force myself into variety but at the same time I don't want to pull off 1000 headshots with the M21. At the same time, I'm looking forward to doing unlocks and then getting to actually keep them.

40 penetration kills with the FAL is a fucking joke btw. Should've been 4.

They should have just switched the FMJ>Extended mags. IE. "Get 40 kills with extended mags equipped unlocks FMJ"

Tamanon

Banned
Yeah, the Extended Mags unlock is a pain in the ass period. Especially compared to all the other ones.:/ It's why my first time through I only mastered the M16.

mr_boo

divisionbyzorro said:

With the other SMGs, yes - they are close quarters weapons, best used fired from the hip while running around like a crazy person. (Okay, that's something of an exaggeration, but you get the point.)
This is why I feel that the UMP is probably better compared to the TAR and SCAR. I'm in the camp that all SMGs not called UMP typically should be coupled with Marathon and Silencer.

I've been sniping just this weekend, and it's really hot and cold so far. In some matches, I'm actually impressed with how quick I am in respect to quick scoping. At other times, I'm amazed how dumb I am trying to hard scope a fast moving target (rather than performing a quick re-scope). I also have the very bad habit of giving my position away by not holding the scope after a kill. I don't have Steady Aim Pro unlocked, so that's going to be a big pain - been running with Ninja.

Here's my Newb Sniper Kit:
Intervention
AA-12 w Grip
Claymore & Stuns
SoH Pro
SP Pro
Ninja

With the Intervention, I guess I'll be adding FMJ when I unlock it - I don't really see a rationale right now for any other attachment. With the AA-12, I'm a far ways away from unlocking the Extended Mags. Right now, I don't feel confidant enough to run with the Barret. I keep hearing that the best two sniper rifles are: Barret & Intervention. The other two are just not worth looking into?

Mileena

Banned

For once, I agree with you. Though I put Marathon on all my non SMG classes as well, it's addictive.

Tamanon said:
Yeah, the Extended Mags unlock is a pain in the ass period. Especially compared to all the other ones.:/ It's why my first time through I only mastered the M16.
I spent over an hour tonight getting the last 15 FMJ kills with the SCAR. Fuck, it took some patience. I was basically looking for thin walls where I could shoot somebody from the waist down through a material etc.

Such an annoying challenge for each gun.

mr_boo said:
Here's my Newb Sniper Kit:
Intervention
AA-12 w Grip
Claymore & Stuns
SoH Pro
SP Pro
Ninja
I've been preaching this to deaf ears for a while now, but I'll try again! :lol

I highly suggest having a M93 or Akimbo Magnums as your sniper secondary. With snipers, it's all about the switch time and shotguns take way too long. An M93 comes out as fast as the M9 (I believe) and akimbo'd, shit... I end up forgetting about my sniper rifle and just run around with the M93s more often than not. :lol

Anyway, M93 is the ultimate sniper sidearm! Comes out quick and is as powerful as a shotgun if akimbo'd.

mr_boo said:
I keep hearing that the best two sniper rifles are: Barret & Intervention. The other two are just not worth looking into?
The reason people don't like them is twofold... For one, they don't feel like sniper rifles. There is no rewarding feedback in headshotting someone with an M21 at all. It feels like farming kills, and not at all like besting someone in combat.

Second, they're much harder to one hit kill with. You pretty much need a neck/head shot or you will have to resort to spam fire (which goes back to point 1). You will not be killing any runners with these rifles.

The M21 with ACOG (and maybe even Scavenger) is basically a superpowered FAL though. That's fun for two matches until you start to feel like a cheesy bastard.

mr_boo

I've been preaching this to deaf ears for a while now, but I'll try again! :lol

I highly suggest having a M93 or Akimbo Magnums as your sniper secondary. With snipers, it's all about the switch time and shotguns take way too long. An M93 comes out as fast as the M9 (I believe) and akimbo'd, shit... I end up forgetting about my sniper rifle and just run around with the M93s more often than not. :lol

Anyway, M93 is the ultimate sniper sidearm! Comes out quick and is as powerful as a shotgun if akimbo'd.
OK - I'll run with the M93 and go Akimbo once I unlock that. I have the Akimbo unlocked for USP already - but from what you're saying M93 Akimbo > USP Akimbo.

The reason people don't like them is twofold... For one, they don't feel like sniper rifles. There is no rewarding feedback in headshotting someone with an M21 at all. It feels like farming kills, and not at all like besting someone in combat.

Second, they're much harder to one hit kill with. You pretty much need a neck/head shot or you will have to resort to spam fire (which goes back to point 1). You will not be killing any runners with these rifles.

The M21 with ACOG (and maybe even Scavenger) is basically a superpowered FAL though. That's fun for two matches until you start to feel like a cheesy bastard.
OK - thanks for the advice. I'll eventually check out the M21 w ACOG later than - damn it, MW2 has a mountain of variable/viable kits - not enough time to play....

In a weird way though, it makes them more viable when silenced. The Intervention and Barret both suffer greatly when silenced (IMO), but the playstyle of the Wazoo and the EBR doesn't change when silenced. Of course, this is based on my very limited sniper experience, but that's the way I see it.

Jrmint

PP2000 I think is a great secondary with a Sniper. It has great power up close for when you're running to points, and it has very little recoil so you can kill from quite far away as well.

SoH Pro and SP are no brainers but I actually prefer Commando Pro on my Sniper class more than Ninja. I like having that emergency knife teleporting ability in case I get jammed up, has saved my ass quite a few times.

Currently sitting at 245/250 for my first Barrett expert level, can't wait to rock that title :D (only 2nd prestige level 61).

As for the 40 FMJ kills, the best map to do this on is Terminal imo. Basically every wall in the airport and the plane can be shot through, and the best thing to do is shoot from the cockpit through the windows in the terminal, that racks them up. I would usually get 7-8 FMJ kills that way when I was working on the mastery titles for the TAR, M4 and ACR.

mr_boo

divisionbyzorro said:
In a weird way though, it makes them more viable when silenced. The Intervention and Barret both suffer greatly when silenced (IMO), but the playstyle of the Wazoo and the EBR doesn't change when silenced. Of course, this is based on my very limited sniper experience, but that's the way I see it.
div - what's your experience thus far in respect to sniper rifles?

Skel said:
As for the 40 FMJ kills, the best map to do this on is Terminal imo. Basically every wall in the airport and the plane can be shot through, and the best thing to do is shoot from the cockpit through the windows in the terminal, that racks them up. I would usually get 7-8 FMJ kills that way when I was working on the mastery titles for the TAR, M4 and ACR.
I like Scrapyard. Always somebody in the plane wrecks. :)

DukeSucks

I unlocked all attachments on the scar, and am about done with the m4. I think if used correctly, FMJ could be really useful. If my aim was better, I'd probably use it some more after completing that challenge. But I can't, so I grind out the 40 kills, get the xp and move on.

divisionbyzorro said:
Ah, good point! This is very true.

A silenced Wazoo allowed me to sit up on that little sniper shelf on Afghan indefinitely! (Or until the only guy who watched killcams spawned right below me. :lol)

Skel said:
PP2000 I think is a great secondary with a Sniper. It has great power up close for when you're running to points, and it has very little recoil so you can kill from quite far away as well.
PP2000 is a little beast to be sure, but it's not optimal in the way I mean. You have to turn off the safety on PP2k before you can use it - I think that makes it the slowest machine pistol to bring up.

Skel said:
Whenever I go for sniper FMJ's, I just wait for Highrise. Get up on that sniper shelf above A and go to town through windows. That's a good 10 in a decent match and if you manage to avoid that guy that MUST DESTROY YOU AT ALL COSTS.

Then get very fucking annoyed when one noobtube smashes all of the windows. :mad:

Jrmint

PP2000 is a little beast to be sure, but it's not optimal in the way I mean. You have to turn off the safety on PP2k before you can use it - I think that makes it the slowest machine pistol to bring up.
That is a good point from the speed point of view. But if you are talking speed I believe regular handguns are the fastest to pull out. That also comes back to my point about Commando though, I usually have the secondary ready to go before I need it, whereas if I am surprised the knife-teleporting can save me.

Whenever I go for sniper FMJ's, I just wait for Highrise. Get up on that sniper shelf above A and go to town through windows. That's a good 10 in a decent match and if you manage to avoid that guy that MUST DESTROY YOU AT ALL COSTS.
The problem with that is, the bullet that kills the guy needs to have penetrated the window to get credit, and when you are shooting from farther away the window may already be completely broken by the time the guy is killed. The great part about Terminal is the people are right in front of the big window so that is never an issue.

Edit - Sorry just noticed you said Sniper FMJ's. Yes that works for Snipers, my point about Terminal was for AR's.

Mileena

Banned
That's a good 10 in a decent match and if you manage to avoid that guy that MUST DESTROY YOU AT ALL COSTS.
That's me. If I see someone is sniping and camping in the same spot the whole game I make sure I kill him as much as possible. I never lose either, UMP > sniper :lol

Oh, forget the Stealth Bomber, I forgot to post the really cool thing I did today... I laptop smacked a guy, twice!

First one was clearly a hit. I was in the little stairwell by the typical camping roof on Karachi, hiding from my own airstrike that I was sitting there to launch. Right as I sit down to pick where to place it, a guy comes flying up the stairs and eats my laptop. :lol

Then I did it again just now on Favela. I got up on the roof by C and shot down at them as they spawned, then I dropped into the hole in the roof to launch the Pred. Some dude had followed me and took the exact same path - right as he landed I mashed the melee button and I didn't actually see him die but a +150 popped up on my screen as I was piloting the Pred. :lol :lol

kuYuri

I'm surprised so many people complain about using FMJ, it's easily one of the best attachments you can use on an AR, IMO. But this is also coming from someone who used to rock Deep Impact for almost every class in CoD4 (specifically classes that involve ARs, LMGs, and Snipers).

At the same time, it kind of sucks that it's an attachment because there are other attachments I would have preferred to use.

The safety only has to be taken off once. I always try to remember to switch to the PP2000 after a respawn to make sure I don't have to do it in a bind.

whitehawk

Banned
Skel said:
Same. Whenever I get into a scrapyard game, I use it to try and get a nuke. So awesome.

Woohoo, I just had one of those matches that remind me why I fucking love this game. I was playing some Demolition on Rundown and it started out poorly when I tried to take it slow with my silenced M4/Scavenger kit. Said fuck it and put on my P90 running kit and just destroyed the fucking match; I did both bomb plants and defused the only bomb they managed to plant.

On top of that, I was on a murderous rampage. I got the by far highest K/D with an insane amount of kills, I reached my full streak three times, my Attack Helis actually did some good work for a change, I got a 5-man predator at the beginning of round 2 and I got a PaveLow in a CP. Unfortunately, I didn't get to use the PL because I always had Attack Helis in the air! :lol

Here's the score if anyone cares, I liked it! :D

26205_1381008046878_1282239271_1098639_2931760_n.jpg

Mush

Skel said:
The video calls it a glitch, but is it or is it actually supposed to happen that way?
Yeah its a glitch. It works for the Chopper Gunner, AC130 and Predator Missile. I haven't actually tried it out myself yet :p

Top Bottom