• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

DoomGyver

I've always wondered how someone can go 1-16 in an entire match. At least try to break even and get a kill every time you die.

These people are the reason I lose 50% of the time, the other 50% they're on the other team. lol

Mush

Full Recovery said:
I've always wondered how someone can go 1-16 in an entire match. At least try to break even and get a kill every time you die.

These people are the reason I lose 50% of the time, the other 50% they're on the other team. lol
AND he was level 70 lol. Then again your on-screen level doesn't indicate your ingame skill.

Full Recovery said:

It's demolition, not TDM.

Who gives a shit about K/D in Demolition?

DoomGyver

_Alkaline_ said:

Because it's like playing with one less man on your team? Yeah you could argue that he was the only one moving the bomb or trying to defuse. But if he can't kill opponents defending/offending then he is worthless. You can't just blindly run into the bomb site and arm the bomb either, even if he manages to stealth his way to the bombsite and plant it, more than likely he'll be surrounded by enemies. Then he'll die, they'll defuse and run the bomb back your way.

In TDM, I'd have to go 16-1 just to break even. That's insane.

Aselith

D23 said:
this is hands down the best Modern Warfare 2 video ever created!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHHBK6PGN8M

omg so goood, he did it better than IW itself..
wow

A CG movie of the exact same scene created by IW is doing it better than IW? They just tell their story in game rather than through CG movies. Crazy, I know, but I think they want you to participate in their games.

salva said:
Wow, that's pretty badass. When did those scenes appear in the game?

The airport scene is the No Russian mission and the forest chateau part is the mission right before it I believe.

Edit: Actually, the forest scene take place in Act 3 in a level called Loose Ends. That is way out of order. That splicing now doesn't make any sense. What is going on with that video?

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
I sucked at this game today. I could barely manage a 0.5 KD ratio, I just don't understand how my scores can be so erratic. its not like I have good and bad games, I've been getting a 2.0 or better KD ratio almost every game for the past few weeks, then suddenly today I must've had like 4 hours of constantly getting evens at best. everything I did was wrong, everywhere I spawned, an enemy was onto me within seconds. even when a kill was certainly mine, the first shot would somehow not finish them off and a team mate would get them or they'd kill me first.

does anyone else go through similar bad patches? I got pissed and just kept going until I finally had a good game but man so frustrating, I dunno if its psychological, latency issues or simply physical fatigue on my part. I can usually hold my own, if not with reflexes then tactics i.e. map knowledge, flanking, setting traps and so on, but nothing was flying today.

confidence is shot, gonna forget about the 8bit price til I start playing well again.

Tamanon

Banned
Got the "30 something" title today with a 19-4-30 game with my knifer class on a Domination win on Highrise. Basically I was the guy who tried several different ways of entering the place to keep the pressure on the one point they controlled. Just high speed, semtex throwing, SMG-using chaos.

jonezer4

kaizoku said:
I sucked at this game today. I could barely manage a 0.5 KD ratio, I just don't understand how my scores can be so erratic. its not like I have good and bad games, I've been getting a 2.0 or better KD ratio almost every game for the past few weeks, then suddenly today I must've had like 4 hours of constantly getting evens at best. everything I did was wrong, everywhere I spawned, an enemy was onto me within seconds. even when a kill was certainly mine, the first shot would somehow not finish them off and a team mate would get them or they'd kill me first.

does anyone else go through similar bad patches? I got pissed and just kept going until I finally had a good game but man so frustrating, I dunno if its psychological, latency issues or simply physical fatigue on my part. I can usually hold my own, if not with reflexes then tactics i.e. map knowledge, flanking, setting traps and so on, but nothing was flying today.

confidence is shot, gonna forget about the 8bit price til I start playing well again.

Could it be your connection? I swear, almost any time I'm doing well, like clockword, I'll have 4 bars (or better yet, be the host), and almost any time I'm not, I'll have 3 (occasionally dipping to 2).

Tamanon

Banned
I think everyone has dry spells at the game, just like they have hot streaks. I mean if you catch a group of enemies just right(starting at their back and just catching up and silently killing them all) on Rust, you can get an absolute insane killstreak going. If you hit the wrong portion of them, you'll be lucky to break even.

careful

kaizoku said:

Yeah, my overall K/D is positive and steadily climbing but not amazing (1.42). I usually go positive or at least 1:1 in the majority of games, but every now and then I'll have the occasional stinker 5-17 game when everything goes wrong.

_Alkaline_ said:

How can so many people think like this? He's not talking about someone who breaks even. He's talking about someone who CLEARLY IS NOT HELPING HIS TEAM AT ALL IN ANY FASHION by going 1-16. K/D ratio does not matter in objective games TO A CERTAIN EXTENT. 1-16 does not fit within that guideline. If he goes 1-16, there is not doubt that he is feeding the enemy kills and was probably solely to blame for at least some sort of killstreak reward. How can you even say that K/D does not matter? That argument makes no goddamn sense.

aku:jiki

Thanks to whoever it was that posted to play HCHQ for FMJ kills - awesome suggestion! I just went maybe 10 matches and I scored 26 FMJ kills for my M4. I got 7 from Scrapyard alone! Would've been more if that wasn't a slow-moving camping match. :D

If you've played a decent bit of HQ and know where the defense spots are...holy shit. FMJ kills all over the place!

I wasn't even bothered by all the camping and lame play... A camper got me? Cool, free FMJ kill 'cause that bastard ain't moving. He probably would in core but in HC these dumbasses stay in the exact same spot they killed me from, so I just respawn and spray the shit out of that corner to get my payback FMJ kill. So many free FMJ kills from the sniper spot on "B" on Estate! :lol

Pelydr

mediocrity at its best
So, I thought the single player was fantastic. A whole bit of fun and very well designed. Are most complaints multipayer?

divisionbyzorro said:
In a weird way though, it makes them more viable when silenced. The Intervention and Barret both suffer greatly when silenced (IMO), but the playstyle of the Wazoo and the EBR doesn't change when silenced. Of course, this is based on my very limited sniper experience, but that's the way I see it.

Yeah both of the bolt action snipers are pretty gimped with a silencer, but the M21 is a beast with the silencer. You usually never get 1shot kills with the M21 so why equip stopping power in the first place?

M21+silencer+Thermal
Whatever you want for 2nd.
Claymore
Bling
Hardline
Steady aim
Final Stand

D23 said:
this is hands down the best Modern Warfare 2 video ever created!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHHBK6PGN8M

omg so goood, he did it better than IW itself..
wow

How the hell did he do that?

Aselith said:
A CG movie of the exact same scene created by IW is doing it better than IW? They just tell their story in game rather than through CG movies. Crazy, I know, but I think they want you to participate in their games.

You have to admit, the video was pretty damn well done, though.

Aselith

Lionheart1827 said:
How the hell did he do that?

You have to admit, the video was pretty damn well done, though.

Yeah, sure it makes good use of angles and quick cuts. It's definitely is a good showpiece for his ability to make a kinetic action scene. I'm just saying that IW had different priorities. It's not better; it's different.

Also, the way he cobbled the two scenes together makes absolutely no sense. The two are taking place in way different time periods and he edited them together like they are happening concurrently.

Maximus.

kaizoku said:

happens to me from time to time, either just take a break or stop after i have a few good games in a row.

Dresden

If I do badly I'll just switch up kits and try different weapons. I've found that if I'm trying to run-n-gun with the MP5k and I'm getting destroyed, I'll switch to a sniper or a LMG setup and slow myself down. It usually works.

And if all else fails, I bust out my RPG/Noobtube/Scavenger class. Blowing people up is like catharsis.

smik

Aselith said:
Yeah, sure it makes good use of angles and quick cuts. It's definitely is a good showpiece for his ability to make a kinetic action scene. I'm just saying that IW had different priorities. It's not better; it's different.

Also, the way he cobbled the two scenes together makes absolutely no sense. The two are taking place in way different time periods and he edited them together like they are happening concurrently.

RaDr-Debbie%20Downer.jpg

get a grip, its good.

Aselith

smik said:
RaDr-Debbie%20Downer.jpg

get a grip, its good.

Sorry to take the blood out of your boner, buddy. I was just saying it's not "way better than IW could do omg!"

I said it was well done as a different take on the same scene.

That movie was really well done. I'd watch a full length one that covered the entire story of the game.

Maybe it would make the last act a bit more tolerable... :lol

DoomGyver

I don't know why, but lately I've been using the intervention and I've made some shots that just should not of connected. I've also been on the receiving end as well, and it is painfully obvious that something is weird when you watch one of those kills in the final kill cam.

Mileena

Banned
_Alkaline_ said:

Looking at the guy's score, he didn't plant or defuse either. Going 1-16 is just hurting your team and giving the other team free killstreaks, no matter the mode. The whole "k/d doesn't matter" shit in this thread is hilarious.

Just for fun I've decided to rock the intervention on every map at all times. :lol halfway through my eighth prestige.... I gotta do something to make it different!

Aselith

RJNavarrete said:
Just for fun I've decided to rock the intervention on every map at all times. :lol halfway through my eighth prestige.... I gotta do something to make it different!

Always out or just in your kit?

kitch9

Banned
Full Recovery said:
I don't know why, but lately I've been using the intervention and I've made some shots that just should not of connected. I've also been on the receiving end as well, and it is painfully obvious that something is weird when you watch one of those kills in the final kill cam.

Lag compensation.

You'll save yourself a lot of headache by stop trying to work the internet out and accepting its the same for everybody.

nbraun80

So my buddy and I just got verbal assaulted by some British people (we're American). So we entered a game and their clan tag is '616' so we ask if it is their area code and they blow up. throughout the game they just go on a rant, of which I barely catch every other word. I hear bits and pieces like, 'we created you're national anthem', 'muslim president', and 'some war on terrorism rant'. of course, at this point i started throwing some jabs back like about how the one person who was apparently was a girl, but sounded like a guy. The funniest thing of it all was how they kept calling me arrogant, but then proceded to tell me how they are better than me.

I know most british people are like this, and I'm sure their are americans just as bad, but I just figured I'd share my interesting story...

natedog4000 said:
So my buddy and I just got verbal assaulted by some British people (we're American). So we entered a game and their clan tag is '616' so we ask if it is their area code and they blow up. throughout the game they just go on a rant, of which I barely catch every other word. I hear bits and pieces like, 'we created you're national anthem', 'muslim president', and 'some war on terrorism rant'. of course, at this point i started throwing some jabs back like about how the one person who was apparently was a girl, but sounded like a guy. The funniest thing of it all was how they kept calling me arrogant, but then proceded to tell me how they are better than me.

I know most british people are like this, and I'm sure their are americans just as bad, but I just figured I'd share my interesting story...

You probably encountered a bunch of these

DoomGyver

kitch9 said:
Lag compensation.

You'll save yourself a lot of headache by stop trying to work the internet out and accepting its the same for everybody.
I know how the hitboxes work, and how the game predicts where you will be. But sometimes it just seems that those hitboxes stretch two or three times wider than what you actually are.

For example, I saw a guy with an intervention looking out the middle warehouse window on Derail. There is a guy below him running from the ditch to the large entrance. He's scoped in and the guys head is near the tip of the bottom thick post on the scope. Clearly overshooting, but he got the shot? And then you get the odd instances where you shoot them in the gut and it magically gives you a headshot.

Also on a different note, I don't know what I'm doing wrong but shotguns are horrible at taking out claymores. You'd think it be the best weapon to set a claymore off with, but for some reason it just does not work like it should.

aku:jiki

Full Recovery said:
And then you get the odd instances where you shoot them in the gut and it magically gives you a headshot.
Randomized headshot. Any bullet you shoot that connects with any body part can magically be a headshot if the game wishes it to be.

I've gotten All Pro (2 headshots with 1 bullet) almost every prestige lap I've done and it's never been 2 actual headshots. More like one head shot and one leg shot or something.

natedog4000 said:

Way to go there, champ. How reasonable of you.

And I fail to see how this is any worse than the usual way in which people debase themselves on Xbox Live.

Najaf

Aselith said:

Are you actually being serious? Of course he spliced together separate scenes. He used the combination of those events to form a film style storyboard, with two events taking place simultaneously. The idea is not a complicated one: They send a strike team to Makerov's safe house to prevent some rumored forthcoming threat. They get there too late, only to discover the detailed plans for the airport massacre. At the same time, Makerov is putting the plan into action.

This is obviously not the order the game presented those events. He makes use of film techniques that are not available in gameplay. The cut back and forth from two scenes is done well here and creates and interesting and intense clip. You seem to be missing the point.

I want so kick some IW developer's nuts every time, I shoot someone right in the face with the SPAS, he survives, kills me instead and in killcam I don't see me shooting..

So all of these "How to get a nuke" videos on YouTube really piss me off. As if watching a video is going to magically make you get a nuke. You want to know how to get a nuke? Here it goes:

1. Set your killstreaks to Harrier, Chopper Gunner, Nuke
  2. Play Domination (Ground War or Regular).
  3. Don't bother to capture any flags.
  4. Play cautiously to get a 7-kill streak.
  5. Find a good corner and hide your ass.
  6. Drop the harriers on an enemy flag.
  7. Pray that your enemies are retards, nobody shoots down your Harriers, and they get at least 4 kills.
  8. Pull up the Chopper Gunner, pray that your enemies are even bigger retards, that nobody shoots it down, and that you get at least 14 kills.
  9. In all of this, pray that you never run into a random noob tube, knife runner, or HBS user.

It's that simple!

mr_boo

Had a two hour sniper session yesterday and I've concluded I suck. I messed around with the WA2000, then Barret, then back to the Intervention. With the WA2000, I purposely took off SP (sometimes I ran a Silencer) and it's quite noticeable that I simply could not put targets down with one shot - it seems like stomach shots are more common for me than I anticipated. But I struggled a lot with the WA2000 and I was not racking up the OHK like I do with the Intervention.

Barret was ok for me, but it's notably less forgiving than the Intervention. I ran the Barret with SP of course. Seems like the Barret requires you to be a way better aim. Then I went back to the Intervention and things started to become a bit easier. Sucks that I'm pretty bad with sniping right now, and I'm resigned to stick with the Intervention for now. Edit: I'm not saying the Intervention's a bad gun, but I've read that the Barret is competitive with the Intervention and the WA2000 has it's own place (as does the M21).

In regards to sniping itself, I tend to do well with static long distance shot versus moving mid-range shots. For some reason, I just can't hit mid-range targets. I also have problems with scoping - when I ADS, the scope is pretty much higher than I expect it to be - so it seems like I just have to get use to the cross hair to scope characteristics.

The Akimbo Rafficas are working pretty well, but at times it feels like cheating the kit cause I feel more confidant with the Akimbo Rafficas than I do with the sniper rifles. I'll keep trucking through - sorry for the long rant.

divisionbyzorro said:
So all of these "How to get a nuke" videos on YouTube really piss me off. As if watching a video is going to magically make you get a nuke. You want to know how to get a nuke? Here it goes:

1. Set your killstreaks to Harrier, Chopper Gunner, Nuke
  2. Play Domination (Ground War or Regular).
  3. Don't bother to capture any flags.
  4. Play cautiously to get a 7-kill streak.
  5. Find a good corner and hide your ass.
  6. Drop the harriers on an enemy flag.
  7. Pray that your enemies are retards, nobody shoots down your Harriers, and they get at least 4 kills.
  8. Pull up the Chopper Gunner, pray that your enemies are even bigger retards, that nobody shoots it down, and that you get at least 14 kills.
  9. In all of this, pray that you never run into a random noob tube, knife runner, or HBS user.

It's that simple!

Yep, that's the God-honest truth about getting nukes. :lol My brother somehow got into a lobby of all really terrible kids a couple of days ago and managed to get nukes against them in 4 consecutive games using ACR + Bling (HBS/Silencer) + Hardline + Ninja Pro (aka the most random class ever).

Should be plenty of fresh meat this weekend on 360! :lol

Major Nelson said:
Also, later this week we’ve got the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Multiplayer Unlock event running from March 12 [9:00 am PT / Noon ET] – March 15 [9:00 am PT / Noon ET], during which Silver Xbox LIVE members will be able to enjoy online multiplayer in the game for free. Sign up for a free Xbox LIVE account today and be prepared to play.

This is interesting. From Bowling's Twitter:

SouzaNZ said:
@FourZeroTwo Is the DLC going to included any match making fixes for the 360? Perhaps patch 1.05 or the latitude/longitude feature?

fourzerotwo said:
@SouzaNZ We'll be patching prior to DLC that will include the same matchmaking update for 360 that PS3 got, along with other updates.

So the PS3 has had a matchmaking patch that the 360 never got?

Top Bottom