• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Najaf

fourzerotwo said:
Yeah, we'll probably do one when the DLC hits. Exact dates will be announced later in the week.

In reference to a double XP weekend.

This is good to hear. Now I just need to finish up my 1000 care packages so I will be ready to prestige when it hits. Only 300 more to go.

kaizoku said:
I sucked at this game today. I could barely manage a 0.5 KD ratio, I just don't understand how my scores can be so erratic. its not like I have good and bad games, I've been getting a 2.0 or better KD ratio almost every game for the past few weeks, then suddenly today I must've had like 4 hours of constantly getting evens at best. everything I did was wrong, everywhere I spawned, an enemy was onto me within seconds. even when a kill was certainly mine, the first shot would somehow not finish them off and a team mate would get them or they'd kill me first.

I think also the matchmaking system must take into account your K/D, ever since I got to 2.0 this thing is putting me against insane players who are clearly better than me. I'm hoping it'll actually go down a bit. If someone can just twitch their sights straight at your head whilst you're still ADSing you can be as strategic as you like but you ain't gonna win shit. Maybe that's what's happening to you.

Also you're from the UK right? what time are you playing? because I find that on weekdays from about 8PM onwards the quality of player is a lot, lot better. weekend mornings to lunch time you can get multiple nukes without a problem as there are plenty of inexperienced players around then.

So I know this is a multiplayer focused thread but I just started the campaign. Just got to the beginning of
Wolverines
. Am I supposed to believe that
because some American undercover agent gets killed in the airport massacre that the Russians think the US government is responsible. What a fucking massive leap in logic, its incomprehensible
. Anyway, maybe I should just skip to multiplayer.

Belfast

divisionbyzorro said:
So all of these "How to get a nuke" videos on YouTube really piss me off. As if watching a video is going to magically make you get a nuke. You want to know how to get a nuke? Here it goes:

1. Set your killstreaks to Harrier, Chopper Gunner, Nuke
  2. Play Domination (Ground War or Regular).
  3. Don't bother to capture any flags.
  4. Play cautiously to get a 7-kill streak.
  5. Find a good corner and hide your ass.
  6. Drop the harriers on an enemy flag.
  7. Pray that your enemies are retards, nobody shoots down your Harriers, and they get at least 4 kills.
  8. Pull up the Chopper Gunner, pray that your enemies are even bigger retards, that nobody shoots it down, and that you get at least 14 kills.
  9. In all of this, pray that you never run into a random noob tube, knife runner, or HBS user.

It's that simple!

Absolutely how I got all four of mine. However, I hit a cold streak going for my fifth and just decided to go ahead and prestige again after a few days of trying. It just becomes wayyyy too stressful after a certain point, especially if you're playing consecutive games with the same people and they know what you're up to.

Shame, though, I hit 24 a few times, but could never score that last kill under the clock. Actually had a nuke once, but so did another dude on my team. He realized what I was going for and activated his first while I was still stuck in my Chopper Gunner. :\

Rayme

GitarooMan said:
So I know this is a multiplayer focused thread but I just started the campaign. Just got to the beginning of
Wolverines
. Am I supposed to believe that
because some American undercover agent gets killed in the airport massacre that the Russians think the US government is responsible. What a fucking massive leap in logic, its incomprehensible
. Anyway, maybe I should just skip to multiplayer.
MW2's world (at the start) has the US and Russia in a new cold war. It's not the same Russia that we have today in our real-world, and not quite the same US. It's a world set 5 years after CoD4's ending; shit has gone sour and tensions are stupidly high.

In other words;
the airport massacre is the spark. Not the fuel. You're right that it's an absurd reason, but I think that's sort of the point.

whitehawk

Banned
divisionbyzorro said:
So all of these "How to get a nuke" videos on YouTube really piss me off. As if watching a video is going to magically make you get a nuke. You want to know how to get a nuke? Here it goes:

1. Set your killstreaks to Harrier, Chopper Gunner, Nuke
  2. Play Domination (Ground War or Regular).
  3. Don't bother to capture any flags.
  4. Play cautiously to get a 7-kill streak.
  5. Find a good corner and hide your ass.
  6. Drop the harriers on an enemy flag.
  7. Pray that your enemies are retards, nobody shoots down your Harriers, and they get at least 4 kills.
  8. Pull up the Chopper Gunner, pray that your enemies are even bigger retards, that nobody shoots it down, and that you get at least 14 kills.
  9. In all of this, pray that you never run into a random noob tube, knife runner, or HBS user.

It's that simple!
Also Danger Close Pro always helps. Extra killstreak damage is always good.

Also if you want a Nuke: Demolition >>> Domination

Rayme said:
MW2's world (at the start) has the US and Russia in a new cold war. It's not the same Russia that we have today in our real-world, and not quite the same US. It's a world set 5 years after CoD4's ending; shit has gone sour and tensions are stupidly high.

In other words;
the airport massacre is the spark. Not the fuel. You're right that it's an absurd reason, but I think that's sort of the point.
Thanks, I think that makes a little bit more sense, they are even lighter with the context in this game than in MW1

aku:jiki

I think I prestiged too far or something. I remember when I was on prestige 6, I would mostly play against players around 4-7 or so. Bunch of hacked 10's too. Since going to prestige 8, all I ever get teamed up with are prestige 2's and 3's and even total newbies. The opponents aren't much different, but since they're usually a party and my team is randoms, that means we get destroyed all the damn time.

I mean...shit. It's cool that you're new at the game, man, but why the fuck are you running AWAY from the flashing light on your screen that also makes a beeping noise to remind you and, uh, is the entire point of the fucking game mode you picked?! God damn it noobs! :(

whitehawk said:
Also Danger Close Pro always helps. Extra killstreak damage is always good.
It really does make a huge difference at least for Chopper Gunner. I've never used a DC Pro'd AC but that has to be pretty sweet too. All those near misses should be kills then!

Mush

"The Mapathetic individual no longer derives pleasure from blowing up people hiding in the cockpit or on top of the crane."

:lol

Xux

All we have is the strong implication of new maps. It'd be pretty crazy if they added five more prestiges per expansion and some new guns or something for the prestige 10 crazies to use.

And by new guns I mean more than just unlocking the M14, Dragonov, M1911, and W1200 for multiplayer.

careful

When I first heard about the timed exclusive maps, I didn't think it was that big of a deal, but now I'm really feeling the sting being on PS3. 30 days is gonna be a long ass time :(
I hope we can at least have the double XP weekend at the same time. Timed exclusive double XP weekend would add insult to injury.. :lol

aku:jiki

Damn! Around March 30th is like...the only time this year I won't have that much time to game. Oh well, can't wait for some details.

I've never been around for a map pack for CoD before. Do they alter the playlists to change the rotation and switch focus to new maps? I won't be sad if I don't see Derail that much in the future...

RJNavarrate said:
Always out, bro. :D
Quickscoping or stealth?

I really need to get on learning quickscoping, but shit, I kinda need to re-learn how I play FPS games entirely in that case. My pre-aim is terrible. :/

kuYuri

aku:jiki said:
Damn! Around March 30th is like...the only time this year I won't have that much time to game. Oh well, can't wait for some details.

I've never been around for a map pack for CoD before. Do they alter the playlists to change the rotation and switch focus to new maps? I won't be sad if I don't see Derail that much in the future...

Yes, when the Variety Map Pack came out for CoD4, they made a playlist specifically new maps only.

DRE Fei

Hopefully those new maps are good. This game needs some double xp weekends soon because I've seriously cut back my playing time lately due to other games.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Strider2K99 said:
Where are people getting 30 day exclusivity from?
Was mentioned at MS E3 conference last year.

The mapathy site only having 360 logos also backs this up.

Anaxagoras said:
whats the point of the 30 day exclusive?

Microsoft paid Activision money for it.

They see it as part of their strategy to improve value proposition of their console. If you know that the 360 is going to get things like this before the PS3, you might be more tempted to buy a 360 over the PS3. It's the same reason they did this for GTA4, Fallout 3, and other third-party games.

divisionbyzorro said:
Microsoft paid Activision money for it.

They see it as part of their strategy to improve value proposition of their console. If you know that the 360 is going to get things like this before the PS3, you might be more tempted to buy a 360 over the PS3. It's the same reason they did this for GTA4, Fallout 3, and other third-party games.
I see! pretty smart.
Thanks for the quick answer.

BigBlackGamer said:
this idiot on JTV is doing prestige lobby to people while streaming. http://www.justin.tv/dirtdiverkf#r=rAX1a3g~

idiots like this make me not care about any type of rank in this game. :lol
I was lurking around here last night and saw this I can't believe people were paying that guy $20 so they could join his hacked prestige lobby. Something about it seemed illegal.
magicaltrevor said:
I sold the game already...
It got boring, annoying and the glitches are just awful.

Playing BF:BC2 now and it's awesome.
Same here. I'm waiting for amazon to receive the game though they give $34 for it.

InterMoniker said:
I was lurking around here last night and saw this I can't believe people were paying that guy $20 so they could join his hacked prestige lobby. Something about it seemed illegal.

I watched it for a bit. I really hope that some XBL mods were watching and prepping the banhammers for all of those jackasses.

Top Bottom