• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

CheapChampagne

Neo Member
divisionbyzorro said:
I would say that new Spec Ops is pretty much a guarantee, considering how popular that mode is. I wouldn't be surprised to see new weapons/perks/killstreak bonuses either - it'd be more incentive for you to buy the DLC, that's for certain. They'd just have to make sure that the new stuff wasn't stronger than the old stuff, for balance purposes.

Ha, I could see them putting in one new perk and/or weapon with the DLC and then just stick it in everyone's face making it unusable unless you "Purchase the new DLC". What a perfect way to rake in the people aren't necessarily enticed by more maps.

But whatev, day one on the maps for me. :lol

Dresden

I used to love the RPD, but unlike in COD4 the huge capacity and the total lack of recoil doesn't mean much anymore, since the ARs are all so goddamn powerful. Lag means that the one-bullet difference in killing speed at far ranges really never goes into effect, since you'll be bursting with five or six shots for most kills.

There's no real reason to use LMGs unless you just love camping.

careful

Dresden said:
Real reason to use LMGs:
Rambo_cuts_loose_lg_291.jpg

Aselith

Dresden said:
I used to love the RPD, but unlike in COD4 the huge capacity and the total lack of recoil doesn't mean much anymore, since the ARs are all so goddamn powerful. Lag means that the one-bullet difference in killing speed at far ranges really never goes into effect, since you'll be bursting with five or six shots for most kills.

I disagree. RPD with a red dot and a grip is as accurate as an assualt rifle for distance and the high burst speed is better for close quarters. I was playing Derail one day and was sniping people at the center building from on top of the gas station in the small town. Also nothing wrong with an assault rifle that basically can't run out of ammo. I feel like the Aug is great LMG to use like an assault rifle as well.

Dresden

Aselith said:
I disagree. RPD with a red dot and a grip is as accurate as an assualt rifle for distance and the high burst speed is better for close quarters. I was playing Derail one day and was sniping people at the center building from on top of the gas station in the small town. Also nothing wrong with an assault rifle that basically can't run out of ammo. I feel like the Aug is great LMG to use like an assault rifle as well.
I think the Aug is a waste of time. You still have the slow-ass ADS and running speed, but you don't have the huge ammo capacity of the other LMGs and it even fires slower than the RPD.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
The AUG is pretty much my weapon of choice. Not sure why.. it just seems to be the first weapon I did well with, and I stuck with it.

Seems to do decent at any range, which is a big thing for me.

Mush

SailorDaravon said:
Finally got on a roll tonight with Jack-in-the-Box kills, went from 8 to 25 :D

I don't play a sniper at all, but I was just getting in a good groove with setting them up. Tac insert's not really my thing so I'll be glad when I hit my 50, but I'm pretty happy with myself. It's the little things!
I got my TI kills by playing Demoltion/Sabotage. Makes it so much easier.

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
kyo_daikun said:
If thats what you like mate, I prefer to just shoot them.

Well I'm gay so maybe I could hate fuck them :lol

I just hate that I can pump them full of bullets and they don't die. That and the fact i've been on the receiving end of some miracle knifings today should never have hit me.

Dresden

Knife runners usually go down pretty easily if you just pull out a shotgun. Best way to counter bullet lag is by making sure one shot takes them down.

That said, a GREAT knife runner going through Favela is fucking insane.

OMGLOL A LLAMA said:
Hey I remember hearing somewhere that the Golden Desert Eagle is unlockable legitly without hax? Anyone have the source?

It's not unlockable.

It's possible that the upcoming DLC will make it available, but who knows.

Insaniac

got knifed today by someone that i SWORE was commando range BS, but to my surprise he had sitrep. my jaw dropped when i watched that killcam... melee in this game is BS.

Dresden said:

Seriously? The RPD is incredible in TDM/Domination on Terminal. It's so satisfying running up the escalators towards C and just mowing people down without having to reload. I use it with the Grip, Sleight of Hand Pro, Stopping Power Pro and Steady Aim Pro and I always go very positive with it on maps like Terminal and Skidrow. It's easy to use on smaller maps that are full of corridors, but in instances where you really need to make accuracy count (like on larger, more open maps), the RPD is probably not your best bet.

aku:jiki

Some guy who claims to be with TheTechGame (who made the video of stills of the DLC maps) is spreading rumors on the IW forums that the DLC will have gold camos for one weapon in each category.

What he's claiming doesn't really make sense though. He's saying to unlock them you will need to get 3000 kills and 300 headshots with every other weapon in that category, but the Veteran challenges only go to 2500 kills. Would they expand it with just 500 kills? That sounds stupid and random to me and...oh wait, we're talking about MW2 so he's probably right.

(Going to the IW forums, it's funny that there's always a thread asking where that "VIP content" they paid for is and, of course, 402 is nowhere to be found in those threads. I get that the situation at IW is fucked up, but it's pretty shitty that they take it out on the consumers like this.)

backflip10019 said:
Seriously? The RPD is incredible in TDM/Domination on Terminal. It's so satisfying running up the escalators towards C and just mowing people down without having to reload. I use it with the Grip, Sleight of Hand Pro, Stopping Power Pro and Steady Aim Pro and I always go very positive with it on maps like Terminal and Skidrow. It's easy to use on smaller maps that are full of corridors, but in instances where you really need to make accuracy count (like on larger, more open maps), the RPD is probably not your best bet.
An Assault Rifle would do the exact same job in the same situation with the same perks, with the tiny caveat that you need to duck down for half a second to reload (which you're probably doing anyway to avoid getting headshotted). Don't see how this is an argument for why LMGs are viable weapons.

zero margin said:
Any specifics on what's in the DLC? Quantity or anything?

Nothing official.

We assume there will be five maps, based on the rumored leaks. We also assume that there will be some sort of other content, based on Bowling fishing for additional callsign suggestions a while back. This would seem to indicate new challenges for new callsigns - but who knows what those challenges would be attached to.

Here's the full rumored content:

Some fool on IW.com said:
COD 4 Maps
- crash (best map here IMO, not much change, but there are many more places to jump and hide, very good for Search and Destroy this time)(ghillie: urban)

-overgrown(best map in graphics, many more places to avoid snipers, balancing the map very well.Found an new building in very back of map with a roof you can get on, can go under bridge easier now)(ghillie: Woodland)

-vacant(don't know why this is back but there is now an extra story in every building, very big map now, get ready for sniping here, best map in whole game for Domination or Search)(ghillie: urban)

-shipment(most changed map so far, 2x as big in width with more crates and way better respawn, AC130 or airstrikes won't destroy all of map, more cover near outside of map, think size as big as Rust but not as tall)(ghillie: Woodland)

(all have been remade, but not by a whole lot.Graphics are amazingly updated)

New maps
-storm (rainy, dark, close quarters, surprisingly large amounts of rooms and good for camping but is balanced)(ghillie: urban)

-Complex (very large 3-5 story buildings between two streets with a bridge and a parking lot, good for sniping - close combat "all combat ranges and styles") (Gillie: urban)

-Compact (snow map, as big as rust, lots of trash piles and buildings, trash compacting area is the main fighting zone)

(all maps are great, best is definitely complex, you can tell they worked on this one for a long time)
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
1 new camouflage (yep, gold for each section of gun (excluding riot shield and launchers) like COD4)
guns with gold camouflage are:
- AK - 47
- P90
- RPD
- Intervention
- PP2000
- Striker
- Desert Eagle

needed to unlock golden camouflage:
- buy Map Pack 1
- 3000 kills with weapons, 300 head shots with weapons (all weapons in that category)
(example: to get golden p90 get 300 kills with all sub-machine guns and 300 headhsots with all sub-machine guns)

Best not to trust any of it because he has no proof to back it up whatsoever, but it would be cool.

Edit: Why is he talking about which ghillie which map has? Are the ghillies actually different at all? I thought the unlocks were for which maps you'd be ghillied on, not that they're actually different.

Edit 2: I just answered my own question, didn't I? :lol

divisionbyzorro said:
We also assume that there will be some sort of other content, based on Bowling fishing for additional callsign suggestions a while back.
Didn't he flat out say it was for DLC? I hope they add a lot of new challenges... All I've got left to unlock are the dozens of kills/headshot/mastery titles and that's fucking boring. :/

Dresden

I'd be down for a golden PP.

The 300 headshot requirement for every gun seems way too damn high, though. There's going to be people boosting for hours now.

Dresden said:
I'd be down for a golden PP.
Hell yeah. If it's true, though, I'm gonna be disappointed that they went with a golden Striker and not SPAS or Model (single!).

I really hope the gold camo part is true. I hate all the camos (I rock "None" on my guns!) and am kinda sick of looking at the same old weapons. :lol

Dresden

aku:jiki said:
Hell yeah. If it's true, though, I'm gonna be disappointed that they went with a golden Striker and not SPAS or Model (single!).

I really hope the gold camo part is true. I hate all the camos (I rock "None" on my guns!) and am kinda sick of looking at the same old weapons. :lol
I'm not even going to bother with shotguns if that's true, since I hate the Striker. Golden Rangers would've been pretty nice, though.

And I'm disappointed by the lack of riot shield camos. Fuck that.

divisionbyzorro said:
Nothing official.

We assume there will be five maps, based on the rumored leaks. We also assume that there will be some sort of other content, based on Bowling fishing for additional callsign suggestions a while back. This would seem to indicate new challenges for new callsigns - but who knows what those challenges would be attached to.

Appreciate ya. I'll take anything at this point.

Im taking anything and everything with a grain of salt until IW or 4zero2 posts it, but I would be happy with that content that was on the IW forums. Seems like a decent amount of new gameplay to be had.

Xux

Edit: Why is he talking about which ghillie which map has? Are the ghillies actually different at all? I thought the unlocks were for which maps you'd be ghillied on, not that they're actually different.

Edit 2: I just answered my own question, didn't I? :lol:/

Well, the snow ghillie is white and the other two are beigeish with the urban being a more duller brown. The "woodland" ghillie he mentions would be new; I imagine it'd be a greenish color.

New maps sound pretty cool if they're real. Wasn't there only one building in Vacant, though? I didn't think you could go in any of the little ones on the side.

kuYuri

Xux said:
Well, the snow ghillie is white and the other two are beigeish with the urban being a more duller brown. The "woodland" ghillie he mentions would be new; I imagine it'd be a greenish color.

New maps sound pretty cool if they're real. Wasn't there only one building in Vacant, though? I didn't think you could go in any of the little ones on the side.

Huh? Pretty sure woodland ghillie is the default ghillie suit unlocked for all players when playing on wood/forest-based maps (Estate, etc).

Nizz

Insaniac said:
got knifed today by someone that i SWORE was commando range BS, but to my surprise he had sitrep. my jaw dropped when i watched that killcam... melee in this game is BS.
Oh God, this thing happens to me also. I'll get knifed by somebody who seems to have Commando equipped and I think to myself, "Cool, you got that". But then I watch the killcam and the SOB had Ninja Pro equipped or some other green perk. Really?!

Jrmint

I hate all the camos (I rock "None" on my guns!) and am kinda sick of looking at the same old weapons. :lol
Really? That is weird.

The blue tiger. and red tiger look awesome. Digital and Urban look pretty nice too, but not awesome level.

Fall is ugly as shit, people just rock it to show they got the headshots/boosted.

Judgment

Neo Member
Someone critique my new class, I am having a blast with it:

M21 EBR Silenced
Sleight of Hand
Lightweight
Ninja

I sprint around the map in Domination or Ground War quick scoping with 2-5 bullets (...if that's possible?)

Alright I've been taking a bit of a break playing other games, but I've been playing a few games every couple of days.

Is it just me or is the striker the new 1887s? I swear everyone and their mother just uses that all the time now.

kuYuri

Lionheart1827 said:
Alright I've been taking a bit of a break playing other games, but I've been playing a few games every couple of days.

Is it just me or is the striker the new 1887s? I swear everyone and their mother just uses that all the time now.

I rarely run into it.

DoomGyver

After the nerf to the models, I have absolutely no beef with the shotguns. There is also a great variety. I see (in order of use) spas, ranger, aa12, striker, m1014 (the best IMO), model 1887.

Full Recovery said:
After the nerf to the models, I have absolutely no beef with the shotguns. There is also a great variety. I see (in order of use) spas, ranger, aa12, striker, m1014 (the best IMO), model 1887.

AA-12 is the best. By far. Then again, I don't use shotguns as primaries, but as defensive secondaries, and the AA-12 is the best for that purpose over all the other shotguns (the Rangers come in close behind).

And I'll reiterate a previous point again because it bears repeating: the MP5k is the worst gun in the game. Hands down.

Dresden

divisionbyzorro said:
AA-12 is the best. By far. Then again, I don't use shotguns as primaries, but as defensive secondaries, and the AA-12 is the best for that purpose over all the other shotguns (the Rangers come in close behind).

And I'll reiterate a previous point again because it bears repeating: the MP5k is the worst gun in the game. Hands down.

Have to disagree here.

AA-12 has terrible range and the Spas-12 obliterates pretty damn near anything in its range, anyhow. If you want insurance against missing or lagging out, the M1014 is damn good as well.

And the MP5k has the fastest kill speed of any gun except for snipers and shotguns in the game. Slap Stopping Power and Rapid Fire on and just hipfire with it, it's pretty much a shotgun with no disappearing bullets bullshit. It has terrible recoil if you ADS, but the thing is a close-quarter beast.

Xux

Strider2K99 said:
Huh? Pretty sure woodland ghillie is the default ghillie suit unlocked for all players when playing on wood/forest-based maps (Estate, etc).

Oh, okay. I thought it just used urban or whatever. Hard to tell what your wearing in an FPS. :lol

Then again, I do remember noticing I had a ghillie suit on from lookin' at my dude's wrists and thinking it must've been a glitch or something.

Insaniac

Judgment said:
Someone critique my new class, I am having a blast with it:

M21 EBR Silenced
Sleight of Hand
Lightweight
Ninja

I sprint around the map in Domination or Ground War quick scoping with 2-5 bullets (...if that's possible?)

for quickscoping i prefer the ACOG but thats more of a matter of preference.

I think lightweight can be replaced with something like coldblooded instead

cazosozey

Anyone use he mini Uzi? I'm really loving it, the recoil is very managable and it actually has some decent range with red dot.

My current run and gun is mini Uzi red dot, m1014, marathon, lightweight, and ninja. Basically in more open areas I'll use the Uzi but close quarters I'll use the shotgun, and play like a knife runner.

kuYuri

cazosozey said:
Anyone use he mini Uzi? I'm really loving it, the recoil is very managable and it actually has some decent range with red dot.

My current run and gun is mini Uzi red dot, m1014, marathon, lightweight, and ninja. Basically in more open areas I'll use the Uzi but close quarters I'll use the shotgun, and play like a knife runner.

I've used it. So much better compared to how it was in CoD4.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
cazosozey said:

It used to be my go-to weapon for a Coldblooded s&d class, although I did have a ton of fun with it unlocking the silencer. Rapid Fire in Terminal with stopping power, it was really just silly. Limited by ammunition :(.

So, Extended Mags might be my favorite thing in the world. TAR-21 Extended Mags, Claymores, Stopping Power, Scavenger, Ninja. I tear down everything I walk into with it, today I think my lowest k/d was 2:1, ended my playing for the day with a Wasteland nuke. What I love about it is the ability to engage tons of enemies. Burst, kill, rinse, repeat. I felt like I died so often just because of clip size, and all that has now gone away.

Yesterday, my killfeed showed somebody committing suicide with the Stinger... Anybody who can explain how the hell that happened? :lol

divisionbyzorro said:

Worst gun in the game is a silenced AA-12! After that it has to be the F2000. I really like using it, but you're just gimping yourself with it... It won't beat SMGs close range and it will not beat any other assault rifle at any other range. I want to like the gun, but it just doesn't stand a chance in most situations.

No, wait, the TMP is the worst gun by far. All it has is drawbacks with zero perks to make up for them. It's not strong, has very little ammo, cannot kill two enemies in a row, takes long to pull up, takes long to reload, the akimbos aren't even accurate with steady aim on... Crap gun. It gets a little better with extended mags, but that just makes it barely OK.

cazosozey said:

Switch out the red dot for a silencer and you'll love it even more. :D

Tamanon

Banned
Yesterday, my killfeed showed somebody committing suicide with the Stinger... Anybody who can explain how the hell that happened? :lol

Worst gun in the game is a silenced AA-12! After that it has to be the F2000. I really like using it, but you're just gimping yourself with it... It won't beat SMGs close range and it will not beat any other assault rifle at any other range. I want to like the gun, but it just doesn't stand a chance in most situations.

No, wait, the TMP is the worst gun by far. All it has is drawbacks with zero perks to make up for them. It's not strong, has very little ammo, cannot kill two enemies in a row, takes long to pull up, takes long to reload, the akimbos aren't even accurate with steady aim on... Crap gun. It gets a little better with extended mags, but that just makes it barely OK.

Switch out the red dot for a silencer and you'll love it even more. :D

I've accidentally done it before on Skidrow. All it takes is you firing the missile too near a corner or an edge and it hitting the edge instead of the target. The explosion kills you.

Top Bottom