• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

aku:jiki said:
Worst gun in the game is a silenced AA-12! After that it has to be the F2000. I really like using it, but you're just gimping yourself with it... It won't beat SMGs close range and it will not beat any other assault rifle at any other range. I want to like the gun, but it just doesn't stand a chance in most situations.

No, wait, the TMP is the worst gun by far. All it has is drawbacks with zero perks to make up for them. It's not strong, has very little ammo, cannot kill two enemies in a row, takes long to pull up, takes long to reload, the akimbos aren't even accurate with steady aim on... Crap gun. It gets a little better with extended mags, but that just makes it barely OK.

Okay, you're right - the silenced AA-12 would be the worst thing in the game At least the TMP can kill beyond an arm's reach. :lol

LosDaddie

Banned
Any tips for Spec Ops?

My friend & I got our ass handed to us on Homeland Security (on Vet) last night. We ended up quitting that Op and tried the next one (the first Juggernaut appearance) only to get destroyed again. These are both on the Charlie spec ops playlist.

This is the only time we've got stuck on a mission. Very frustrating....

Miggytronz

LosDaddie said:
Any tips for Spec Ops?

My friend & I got our ass handed to us on Homeland Security (on Vet) last night. We ended up quitting that Op and tried the next one (the first Juggernaut appearance) only to get destroyed again. These are both on the Charlie spec ops playlist.

This is the only time we've got stuck on a mission. Very frustrating....

me and a friend tend to try to trigger the enemies to come (like reaching checkpoints) and run back to a place where its safe and at a distance where we can see the enemy or enemies coming. a good trick to fighting juggies is to find a bathroom, friend lay on the ground in the bathroom and you stand in the doorway, just keep unloading on the juggies as they come and when you drop you friend revives you. LOL

aku:jiki

I played with the worst team I've ever seen today. It was actually hilarious, even if their stupidity messed my game up. They were so wildly unpredictable because they had no idea what they were doing!

The worst/funniest to watch was this one dude with akimbo models. He'd sprint 5 feet in one direction, stop and think for a sec, randomly turn around and sprint 10 feet to where he came from, stop again and then sprint 5 feet to the left and so on. I'd just sit around and watch him for a few seconds before shooting him every time, because it looked so hilarious! How are you THAT lost in the map if you've unlocked the models? :lol

Church RvB said:
Ummm I love LMGs. The L86 in particular. I use it to destroy UAVs. Great gun.
About 15 bullets from an SMG makes the UAV fly away.

kuYuri

Stimulus Package confirmed it seems. Just got an email about it. Trying to figure out how to post it. But it pretty much confirms the leak.

For now, here's the description that's part of the email:

The best-selling Xbox 360 game of all-time is about to get bigger, with more epic multiplayer content, first on Xbox LIVE! The Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Package will deliver additional action-packed multiplayer maps, including brand-new battlegrounds and legendary fan-favorites from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.

Strider2K99 said:
Stimulus Package confirmed it seems. Just got an email about it. Trying to figure out how to post it. But it pretty much confirms the leak.

For now, here's the description that's part of the email:

Sounds cool, cant wait for some golden oldies to make an appearance in the map rotation.

just wondering what the general consensus is on thermal, as in what's everyone's preferred gun to use with it? im trying to unlock thermal on every gun, but im wondering if it's even worth it. so far the famas and intervention seem to have the steadiest recoil for it.

boredofcanada said:
just wondering what the general consensus is on thermal, as in what's everyone's preferred gun to use with it? im trying to unlock thermal on every gun, but im wondering if it's even worth it. so far the famas and intervention seem to have the steadiest recoil for it.

I dont find it useful, i prefer acog on intervention.

Tamanon

Banned
I just can't see any benefit to thermal if you're observant. All it does is add sway to guns that don't normally have it when aiming.

OMGLOL A LLAMA

Neo Member
boredofcanada said:
Thermal on snipers and the ACR is excellent, however there are superior attachments for other guns.

Tamanon said:
I just can't see any benefit to thermal if you're observant. All it does is add sway to guns that don't normally have it when aiming.

I find it useful on the woodland maps, wasteland and estate as it can be pretty difficult to see people on those levels sometimes due to camo, all the other levels I wouldn't bother with it tho.

jedimike

I use thermal for my sniping maps... estate and wasteland. It seems to work pretty well on the Barrett. I don't use it on AR's, but I have seen other people be very successful with an AR/Thermal set-up. So successful that I was tempted to give it a go, but the high contrast is very disorienting to me. I can only really tolerate in on slower maps.

kyo_daikun said:
I find it useful on the woodland maps, wasteland and estate as it can be pretty difficult to see people on those levels sometimes due to camo, all the other levels I wouldn't bother with it tho.

I agree... some maps work better than others for thermal. Obviously, derail is definitely a map you don't want it on.

LosDaddie

Banned
Patrick Bateman said:
How did you get the eagle?

Haloz got it right, but it's kinda glitchy.

You have to survive an entire match (from start to finish) without dying once....and you need to get at least one kill. You can't join a game already in progress. It must be a full length match.

How I earned the Eagle emblem was by playing TDM (on the Ground War playlist), getting a kill almost immediately and then going prone for the rest of the match. I actually didn't mean to do that, but I got a phone call right after I got the kill and then went prone while I talked on the phone. It just happened that I ended up talking for the rest of the match and I never died. BAM! Eagle emblem.

Like I said though, it's kinda glitchy. I actually tried (using the exact same method above) one night to earn the emblem and no luck.

Ovid

boredofcanada said:
I use thermal with the M16. It basically turns it into a sniper rifle. I use it on Afghan, Overpass, Derail (sometimes) and Wasteland.

LosDaddie said:

You have to survive an entire match (from start to finish) without dying once....and you need to get at least one kill. You can't join a game already in progress. It must be a full length match.

How I earned the Eagle emblem was by playing TDM (on the Ground War playlist), getting a kill almost immediately and then going prone for the rest of the match. I actually didn't mean to do that, but I got a phone call right after I got the kill and then went prone while I talked on the phone. It just happened that I ended up talking for the rest of the match and I never died. BAM! Eagle emblem.

Like I said though, it's kinda glitchy. I actually tried (using the exact same method above) one night to earn the emblem and no luck.

That is weird, I thought you had to get a bunch of kills as well with it, I was 17 or 18-0 when I got mine and with 2 mins on the clock I won't lie I did a little hiding (game was well in hand, TDM).

TheOMan said:
Pretty much all I play now.
Can you please share some tips, strategies, perks, kill streaks or anything useful.
I started to appreciate hardcore lately but there are no videos of hardcore gameplay up on machinimarespawn :(

Tamanon

Banned
I didn't even notice when I got mine, I had a random good match on Skidrow where I went 14 kills no deaths. Got the Highlander title and the eagle.

Anaxagoras said:
Can you please share some tips, strategies, perks, kill streaks or anything useful.
I started to appreciate hardcore lately but there are no videos of hardcore gameplay up on machinimarespawn :(

I second this.

Dresden

zero margin said:
Silencers as well then.
Depends. If you're playing against good players silencers are necessary, but in random HC TDM games, no one listens for gunshots, anyways. Too many people are dependent on UAV for locating targets, so don't feel too bad about it.

There's also the fact that silencers still make a bit of noise.

Dresden said:
Depends. If you're playing against good players silencers are necessary, but in random HC TDM games, no one listens for gunshots, anyways. Too many people are dependent on UAV for locating targets, so don't feel too bad about it.

There's also the fact that silencers still make a bit of noise.
Silencers also remove muzzle flash which is helpful and your not visible on UAV. pretty important I think.

Guts Of Thor

Thorax of Odin
God damn it!

So I've never equipped the nuke because I've always believed that there is no way in hell that I would ever get 25 kills with no deaths. Well what the fuck happens?

I go 26-0 on Favela!

I was so pissed. I think I may equip it from now on.

aku:jiki

Ken K in the Fresh!!! said:
I feel as if the grip attachment doesn't add much stability to the lmg.. In fact seems to give more kick. What do u guys say? Btw I'm talking about the aug specifically
You need to stop smoking so much meth when you play, dude. The Grip makes a huge difference on all LMGs (though it may be less noticeable on the "slow assault rifle" that is the AUG).

zero margin said:
That is weird, I thought you had to get a bunch of kills as well with it, I was 17 or 18-0 when I got mine and with 2 mins on the clock I won't lie I did a little hiding (game was well in hand, TDM).
I believe the Flawless challenge is tied to the The Show accolade, meaning you have to get at least 10 kills and 0 deaths.

aku:jiki said:
You need to stop smoking so much meth when you play, dude. The Grip makes a huge difference on all LMGs (though it may be less noticeable on the "slow assault rifle" that is the AUG).

I believe the Flawless challenge is tied to the The Show accolade, meaning you have to get at least 10 kills and 0 deaths.
So it's just the aug that I'm not seeing a vast improvement? I've only tried on the aug btw.

Dresden

Ken K in the Fresh!!! said:
So it's just the aug that I'm not seeing a vast improvement? I've only tried on the aug btw.
AUG barely has any recoil in the first place, so no, it's not very noticeable. Try slapping it on the RPD, you'll see a huge difference.

LosDaddie said:

Doesn't the game throw you out, when you don't move for a longer time?

Top Bottom