• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

yoopoo

Banned
The Stimulus Package delivers 5 additional action-packed multiplayer maps featuring a variety of locations: "Bailout," a multi-level apartment complex; "Storm," an open industrial park littered with heavy machinery; "Salvage," a snowy junkyard fortified by stacked debris and crushed cars. Two legendary fan-favorites from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare return, including "Crash," a war-torn urban environment; and "Overgrown," which features a massive dry creek bed.
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/0ccf0001-0000-4000-8000-000041560817?cid=SLink

DuckRacer

Patrick Bateman said:
Where's the price? Is it free?
You wish.

It'll probably be 1200 points going by that MW2 map pack-branded 1200 point card. I'm surprised the description didn't mention any new guns or emblems, though.

I got together with a friend online today for a a couple hours and we tore it up, winning 12 straight Domination matches (I left on a win because I had to stop and get back to real life). I forgot how much fun Akimbo Magnums are! :lol Even with Lightweight, they tear it up.

It's amazing how easy it is to win a Domination match if you actually care about, you know, winning the match. Just a little selfless disregard for your K/D and they don't stand a chance.

Previously, in this very thread:

F#A#Oo said:
Looks like the recently leaked future map pack/s content is real...

For those that don't know the following files were found...

•mp_abandon
•mp_compact
•mp_complex
•mp_dcwh
•mp_revolt
•mp_storm

cod 4 maps!
•mp_crash (Yay)
•mp_overgrown (Yay)
•mp_shipment (WTF)
•mp_Vacant (OMG FUCKING GOD *CUMS*)

Below is a video of the dude who had his video taken off from Youtube and had his XBL account banned...WTF right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmOw7fzi1so&feature=sub

Tural said:
The above map list was confirmed as fake by fourzerotwo. The ban issued was because the source of that list was operating a modded version of the game to give the appearance that his "finding" was legitimate.

Forum post denouncing them is here, though the IW boards are down at the moment.

Edit: Slight clarification: "The ban, if there was one, would have been issued because [...]"
Bowling mentions that in his post, that's just my assumption as to why such a ban would be issued.

OldJadedGamer said:
I do have to agree, when you start deleting stuff you give legitimacy to it. If it was a fake, then who cares? We'll see who is the liar soon enough when the content is announced.

Well, looks like we know who the liar is now according to this: http://www.joystiq.com/2010/03/13/xblm-listing-reveals-5-maps-2-cod4-remakes-in-mw2-stimulus-pac/ Looks like the original name "complex" is now named "Bailout". "Storm" keeps it's name and seems like "Salvage" was renamed from the original list. Also, perfect call on both Crash and Overgrown. Not are all there but remember, this is #1 pack of 2 that are announced.

Majine

Banned
Two legendary fan-favorites from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare return, including "Crash," a war-torn urban environment; and "Overgrown," which features a massive dry creek bed.
Ugh, so they went the "KZ2-way" and rehashed the DLC from a previous game. So backwards.

Dresden

Overgrown... assuming they keep the map similar to what it was in COD4, it'll be interesting to see if the game devolves into a camp fest around the outskirts of the map. I loved the map though.

I miss my golden Dragunov. Such a sexy gun.

I don't think I will be paying this match for new maps, IW made enough money out of this game and they are just milking us right now.
The game with the two packs will end up costing 100 Euros all together.
I love the game, got 12 days of gameplay but I am just tired of IW. DICE is doing a much better job, too bad BC2 is not my game.

Anaxagoras said:
DICE is doing a much better job, too bad BC2 is not my game.

Give it time, I was in this camp as well but so far we are two weeks into launch with that game and they're STILL having server problems not to mention recon class is broke, I like the game as well but it won't have the staying power that MW2 does.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Man I'm giving up on the 8bit price emblem for now. My playstyle just doesn't stand up to it. I got to 8 a couple times before losing focus and dying in a stupid way.

There is nothing more frustrating than coming across a lame ass camper who is tearing shit up in hardcore by doing nothing but camping a corridor. He's practically invisible, has total visibility of anyone who approaches him and has friends defending the other side and cos there's no killcams it takes awhile to even locate him. Even if you know where he should be, it's so hard to be sure with cold blooded pro and no uav.

And there's nothing more satisfying than finally nailing him before he gets his precious fucking nuke. :D

Dresden

kaizoku said:
Man I'm giving up on the 8bit price emblem for now. My playstyle just doesn't stand up to it. I got to 8 a couple times before losing focus and dying in a stupid way.

There is nothing more frustrating than coming across a lame ass camper who is tearing shit up in hardcore by doing nothing but camping a corridor. He's practically invisible, has total visibility of anyone who approaches him and has friends defending the other side and cos there's no killcams it takes awhile to even locate him. Even if you know where he should be, it's so hard to be sure with cold blooded pro and no uav.

And there's nothing more satisfying than finally nailing him before he gets his precious fucking nuke. :D
Well, Hardcore is terrible so you shouldn't feel too bad.

VaLiancY

It's upsetting they didn't put the two really good maps of CoD4 on the disc but instead their DLC but this is reality of the times we live in. They brought back Wasteland(Brecourt) but the transition from CoD1 to MW2 is pretty awful.

zero margin said:
Give it time, I was in this camp as well but so far we are two weeks into launch with that game and they're STILL having server problems not to mention recon class is broke, I like the game as well but it won't have the staying power that MW2 does.
I haven't played the game, only the demo.
I just dislike the way IW is handling the game really, I am not going to mention the old glitches and imbalanced class/perk combos but right now as it has always been it is impossible to join or start a game when you are more then 4 or 5 guys in a party without dropping one here or there.
They also make it a pain in the ass to know what they are doing/planning to do when it comes to everything really and the whole milking thing is just a whole other issue.
Thats just what I think, but if what I heard is true, BC2 is more balance (although i do knife guys through walls), free DLC and better press in general.
If you are bothered to do so, please tell me whats the problem with the recon class?

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Christ, today was terrible. Everything was a blow out. Seriously, 200-43 on a domination game. 10000-3600 in TDM. Terrible players vs experts like every game out. Weird.

Dresden

Wow, destroying stuff with the mini uzi. I just love the way the gun looks. I still think all the other smgs are better, but there's just something about gunning someone down with it.

I accidentally went 44-2 in Afghan, team deathmatch in Ground War. Rushed where C would be, tossed a flashbang and took out three people right in the beginning when they were trying to snipe off the cliff. Got two more, predator, which led to Harrier, and when I placed it at the tunnel to B it got three people and I was able to get one more with the Uzi for a chopper gunner.

I get myself killed and pick my danger close pro kit. Utter destruction, gets me to 30-1. Then I get owned by a sniper who headshots me point-blank (no idea if it was luck or skill, but props to that random guy), respawn with my Uzi. Someone pops UAV and I see four dots coming up to where A would be. I don't even see them, I just take out my RPG and boom, four kills with one rocket. :lol That eventually led to another chopper gunner.

I love matches like that. I probably could've gotten many more kills if there wasn't someone on the other team consistently taking out my choppers and harriers.

After about 400 deaths in private quickscope matches I finally got the hang of quick scoping.
If I am right you should aim down to one side of the enemies body and shoot will dragging away through the other side of the body, kind of like stretching the built, all of this just before the aim down animation ends.
It took my a while to really know how to do it, I just got a medium ranged 360 no scope killcam today so it was worth it. :D

Anaxagoras said:
If you are bothered to do so, please tell me whats the problem with the recon class?

No doubt MW2 has faults, I will be the FIRST person to admit that and I much prefer the 'team' aspect of BF so I am not at all trying to be biased, I think DICE is on the track but I'm afraid they don't know how to handle the beast they've created to be frank. Anyway, on to your question, the mortar strike is basically broke, the timer needs to be doubled at minimum from what is now which is 60 seconds. It just promotes everything wrong with a "team" game. Play with some randoms and you're bound to run into your whole squad sniping.

whitehawk

Banned
SpeedingUptoStop said:
Christ, today was terrible. Everything was a blow out. Seriously, 200-43 on a domination game. 10000-3600 in TDM. Terrible players vs experts like every game out. Weird.
Oh shit I forgot about the free live weekend. *hops on xbl*

zero margin said:
No doubt MW2 has faults, I will be the FIRST person to admit that and I much prefer the 'team' aspect of BF so I am not at all trying to be biased, I think DICE is on the track but I'm afraid they don't know how to handle the beast they've created to be frank. Anyway, on to your question, the mortar strike is basically broke, the timer needs to be doubled at minimum from what is now which is 60 seconds. It just promotes everything wrong with a "team" game. Play with some randoms and you're bound to run into your whole squad sniping.
Thanks for the response. You have a PM.

DoomGyver

yoopoo said:
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/0ccf0001-0000-4000-8000-000041560817?cid=SLink
The Stimulus Package delivers 5 additional action-packed multiplayer maps featuring a variety of locations: "Bailout," a multi-level apartment complex; "Storm," an open industrial park littered with heavy machinery; "Salvage," a snowy junkyard fortified by stacked debris and crushed cars. Two legendary fan-favorites from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare return, including "Crash," a war-torn urban environment; and "Overgrown," which features a massive dry creek bed.
So that youtube video was spot on, they just renamed two of the maps.

They better be awesome maps for the rumored $15. And they better be in the playlist more often than once a day!

I'm still hoping they put in the guns that are in the specops/singleplayer, guns that are already done except maybe attachments. M14/Dragunov/m1911 I'm looking at you.

Kujo

Anyone know if the Challenges/Emblems/etc are stored server-side or locally? Would hate to have to redo them all again if something happened to my game save (360 is acting up).

Tamanon

Banned
Mojo said:
Anyone know if the Challenges/Emblems/etc are stored server-side or locally? Would hate to have to redo them all again if something happened to my game save (360 is acting up).

They're stored server-side.

aku:jiki

I had somewhat of a shocking experience last night. Me and a few friends were playing against a team that was absolutely awful, but they were hilarious about it! At first it actually felt confusing that they were laughing with us at our victories and making jokes at their own expense, instead of rage quitting or squealing that we're camping too hard. So used to people being bad sports in this (or any) game...

But these guys were laughing and having more fun when my buddy nuked them than we were. Sounded like it was their first nuking and they loved it! The best part was when only one buddy of mine remained and we were put in with these guys... We were playing on Terminal and saved all of our streaks 'til the end of a Demolition match. My buddy launched a Chopper Gunner and I backed him with my AC, and these guys were crazy happy to see all the air support on their side for once!

They even gave us a really damn good match on Derail. They got the first round and almost had the second one too - I managed to plant the final bomb when the timer was at 00:00.05! That was probably one of the most exciting matches I've ever played. I guess my point is that noobs are fun! They never tried to camp and they made all the matches exciting and fun, despite being pretty bad and despite us winning pretty easily. They still put up a good fight just by trying their hardest to win and they never resorted to cheese.

So, yeah, more noob weekends please!

had whirlwind game of HC:SD yesterday on highrise. went 11-2 sniping the whole game. all i can remember from it was that they chose the typical camping spots, a couple spawn snipes and a noscope headshot.

i've found the best playlist to get headshots is hc:headquarters, so that's my quicktip to everyone.

Had a really weird thing just happen to me. I was using a predator when all of a sudden an EMP was activated, kicking me out of the laptop, and as I was getting up thinking "fuck" I got +50 as my missile still hit the guy I was going for. :lol

It just took me by surprise as I assumed the missle would get fried too.

careful

aku:jiki said:
I had somewhat of a shocking experience last night. Me and a few friends were playing against a team that was absolutely awful, but they were hilarious about it! At first it actually felt confusing that they were laughing with us at our victories and making jokes at their own expense, instead of rage quitting or squealing that we're camping too hard. So used to people being bad sports in this (or any) game...

But these guys were laughing and having more fun when my buddy nuked them than we were. Sounded like it was their first nuking and they loved it! The best part was when only one buddy of mine remained and we were put in with these guys... We were playing on Terminal and saved all of our streaks 'til the end of a Demolition match. My buddy launched a Chopper Gunner and I backed him with my AC, and these guys were crazy happy to see all the air support on their side for once!

They even gave us a really damn good match on Derail. They got the first round and almost had the second one too - I managed to plant the final bomb when the timer was at 00:00.05! That was probably one of the most exciting matches I've ever played. I guess my point is that noobs are fun! They never tried to camp and they made all the matches exciting and fun, despite being pretty bad and despite us winning pretty easily. They still put up a good fight just by trying their hardest to win and they never resorted to cheese.

So, yeah, more noob weekends please!
It's nice to come across any decent people at all online. It's a bit of a shame I developed the habit of muting everyone as soon as I enter a lobby, because you're right sometimes you'll randomly run into some cool folks.

kamspy

Hell yeah. Free map pack GAF. That's how you treat customers! Especially after we pretty much paid to beta test the game for Activision.

I now feel somewhat redeemed.

Top Bottom