• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Hyunkel6

kamspy said:
Hell yeah. Free map pack GAF. That's how you treat customers! Especially after we pretty much paid to beta test the game for Activision.

I now feel somewhat redeemed.
Haven't played in weeks, but I'll definitely come back if true.

moojito

Aye, with BC2 tearing massive chunks out of their userbase, it'd be crazy for them to have their remaining players divided by a paid-for map pack. I'll probably hop back on at some point to at least get to level 70 once.

Dresden

moojito said:
Aye, with BC2 tearing massive chunks out of their userbase, it'd be crazy for them to have their remaining players divided by a paid-for map pack. I'll probably hop back on at some point to at least get to level 70 once.
On the PC, sure, but on the consoles where Activision has set its sights on anyways, MW2 is king still. More people play Halo 3 or WaW than BC2, ffs.

And I highly doubt that the map pack will be free. This is Activision, not Valve.

HoTHiTTeR

kamspy said:
Hell yeah. Free map pack GAF. That's how you treat customers! Especially after we pretty much paid to beta test the game for Activision.

I now feel somewhat redeemed.

So many things wrong w/ this statement. We didn't even get to beta MW2, it's already been shown to be 1200 space bucks on those promo redemption cards, and it's activision - we all know there is no humanity left in that company - pay to play is their new motto.

Disguises

Just watched sentuamessage (UK) and they just said vacant will be part of the DLC even though the marketplace on the xbox website states otherwise. Errrr....

kuYuri

Disguises said:
Just watched sentuamessage (UK) and they just said vacant will be part of the DLC even though the marketplace on the xbox website states otherwise. Errrr....

We'll find out once and for all later tonight. Robert Bowling will be on Major Nelson's latest episode to talk about the Stimulus Package DLC.

kamspy

Foliorum Viridum said:
Can't find word of this anywhere. Surely bullshit.

Wow. You're right. I just checked. I could have swore they released something saying they were going to match the free Bad Company 2 map packs.

Sorry. Wasn't trying to misinform.

KevMurda

When I click the link to Xbox it allows a prepaid code to be put in to download it.

Any ideas? If I put a 1200 point code in you think it work?

MrDaravon

KevMurda said:
When I click the link to Xbox it allows a prepaid code to be put in to download it.

Any ideas? If I put a 1200 point code in you think it work?

Most DLC goes up early like that on xbox.com, it's for internal/press, so you'd basically have to have a code from the company.

aku:jiki

Wow, I had totally forgotten about silenced SCARs and TARs. Holy shit, these are beasts! It actually feels like the SCAR gets stronger with a silencer on! The accuracy must be through the roof on that thing silenced, because every kill I got in that match was like a huge surprise to me. There was a lot of "wait what?" coming from me, and for once it was to my benefit. The damn thing kills as fast as akimbo SMGs!

So I guess I feel the SCAR love now! Only downside on that setup is that it kinda needs Scavenger. :D

On another note, here's a few videos I found pretty good:

SeaNanners' second (I think?) nuke without killstreaks. I know he has haters, but this man is really fucking good at the game.
Someone found a way for you to run around with a laptop up at all times.
GUNIT123 gets a nuke without killstreaks...and WITHOUT BULLETS. This is insane. (Warning: GUNIT123 is a massive chav. Might wanna mute.)
SeaNanners wins an FFA using only a throwing knife.

Both of the latter are duals with ONLYUSEmeBLADE.

Foliorum Viridum said:
Anything from a care package is the only thing that doesn't.
That's supposed to be true, but isn't. Sentry Gun and PaveLow are weird and glitched, and sometimes a Care Package version of either WILL get you a new streak.

Don't know what the rules are, I just know that to get a "real" (non-CP) PaveLow to count you must call it in and then get a kill before it does. Not sure how sentries work, but I know for sure that I had one and had definitely died like 5 times between obtaining it and using it and when I set it down, it went to town on their team and suddenly I had a new one without getting a single kill myself in that life.

kuYuri

Robert Bowling confirmed on latest Major Nelson podcast that Stimulus Package will be 1200 points.

Crash and Overgrown remain relatively untouched, just the graphics have been updated.

Right before or around release of DLC, there will be an update that adds new maps to rotation in Hardcore HQ and some new playlists, an example he gave being Hardcore Mosh Pit.

RdN

1200 MSP is too much for me.

Unfortunately, the vast majority of players will buy it.. it'll be a sucess and the next packs will probably follow the same price point.

I really hope this doesnt become the standard price point, am I right in thinking the WaW map packs had 3 maps and a zombies map for 800 ms points?

kuYuri

bobs99 ... said:
I really hope this doesnt become the standard price point, am I right in thinking the WaW map packs had 3 maps and a zombies map for 800 ms points?

Yes, that was the case, plus one map that was offered for free but was essentially a reskin of a map already in the game.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I was thinking of picking this game up again, having sold it once I got to level 70 and got 1000/1000 achievements. The multiplayer had lots of problems but I was wanting to be able to play it every now and again. But $15 map packs are silly unless it's at least 10 maps (ok, maybe 9). Heck, at least the CoD4 ones should be free. They were the CoD4 beta ones too just to put salt on the wound.

Jrmint

Just listened to 402 on Major Nelson's podcast. Those 5 maps are confirmed now by him. Bailout, Storm, Salvage, Crash, Overgrown for 1200 MSP.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
As far as the playlists go, has anyone really been dying for Hardcore Mosh Pit? I mean really?

A "barebones" playlist has been asked for since CoD4! No killstreaks, no perks. It was even mentioned by fourzerotwo himself!

fourzerotwo said:
Bare-bones Team Deathmatch
No more excuses. No more blaming Martyrdom or Juggernaut for your lack of skills and kills. Bare-bones Team Deathmatch eliminates the excuses and takes it back to basics with standard Team Deathmatch with no perks, no kill streak rewards. Just you, your skill, and your weapons.

Fucking make it happen already.

itsgreen

whitehawk said:
It is expensive, but I know I'll buy them anyway. $15 isn't THAT much...

It is for a map pack.

Certainly in the light that previous packs were 10$. 50% price increase.

And it's fucking ridiculous they dare to call it a stimulus package. Good show.

Felt kind of bad shoveling out 800 pts for maps in the past. Bought all the fucking maps for 4 and 5 (zombies rule). But fuck me, hell no. No way im paying 1200 points.

whitehawk

Banned
itsgreen said:
It is for a map pack.

Certainly in the light that previous packs were 10$. 50% price increase.

And it's fucking ridiculous they dare to call it a stimulus package. Good show.

Felt kind of bad shoveling out 800 pts for maps in the past. Bought all the fucking maps for 4 and 5 (zombies rule). But fuck me, hell no. No way im paying 1200 points.
I do see where you are coming from. The trials HD DLC came with 30+ maps, and more pieces for making custom tracks, and it was only 400 points.

itsgreen

whitehawk said:
I do see where you are coming from. The trials HD DLC came with 30+ maps, and more pieces for making custom tracks, and it was only 400 points.

And it is not that I dont have the points, got an unopened card in front of me, but it is just nuts when you think about it.

I know I am going to have a lot of fun with those maps. But damn. For that money I could buy an arcade game. Or even almost a full 360 game on sale.

They made a BILLION bucks, literally, on the game. How about showing some support for the fans. Make it 400. But no, let's add that 400 on top off the already high price we have.

Tamanon

Banned
Eh, considering how much playtime I've gotten out of the original maps, I'll shell out for the new ones, probably on PS3 when I get one next month.

Mikey Jr. said:
haha, $15.

So for 3 maps work, we shell out $15?

For what it's worth, those in the know say that the two CoD4 maps have been rebuilt. They would have to be in order to be playable in this game. It's less work, but not zero work.

And in terms of value, if you were like me and never played Nazi Zombies, the W@W DLC was 800MSP for 3 maps, which is a rate of 266.67MSP per map. Five maps at that rate comes to 1333.33MSP, and we're getting them for 1200MSP. We're essentially being discounted 133MSP because two of them are remakes.

Or you could look at it in terms of the CoD4 map pack, which was 4 maps for 800MSP, which is a rate of 200MSP per map. Five maps at that rate comes to 1000MSP, which means that we're essentially paying the same amount for one less map at the CoD4 rate.

I'm super surprised that there's nothing Spec Ops related in the first DLC - I would have bet money that it would have happened.

Oh well - as long as they don't throw people with the maps and without the maps into the same lists, I'll be okay. That basically ruined W@W for me and I don't want it to ruin MW2 for me too.
But who am I kidding - I'll probably buy the maps anyway

whitehawk said:

The Trials HD DLC was the single greatest piece of DLC in the history of DLC, in terms of value and content. Hardly a fair comparison. :lol

DuckRacer

$15 for a map pack is especially poor when IW's community support has been non-existent. Like literally no double XP weekends ever, the lack of a public beta resulting in all the glitches, etc. Hell, a few days ago I was loaded into a match where moving side-to-side was done at superspeed.

kuYuri

divisionbyzorro said:
For what it's worth, those in the know say that the two CoD4 maps have been rebuilt. They would have to be in order to be playable in this game. It's less work, but not zero work.

They aren't rebuilt... Bowling said the maps remain relatively untouched other than graphical updates. No major changes were made.

OMGLOL A LLAMA

Neo Member
AwesomeSyrup said:
People pay 800 points for 3 maps all the time, so is 1200 for 5 really that bad?

Agreed. Ive payed 800msp for 3 maps in Halo, i find 1200 for 5 in cod mw2 very reasonable, though two of them are remakes.

Everdred

I thought for sure these were going to be $10 so I planned on buying them. With BC2 taking up all my time I might just pass now. I really feel like they are being greedy with this. If they were 5 completely new original maps I might understand. That's 25% of MW2's price.

Top Bottom