• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

bluehat9

Got my first two nukes today in free-for-all of all things. My friend just got the game and was playing so I just jumped in and it was a game full of people under level 40. First game was Underpass and I forgot to switch my killstreaks so I still had a nuke equipped. Just hid around the grassy area since 2 guys kept charging me. I'd kill them in one spot, move so I was looking at that spot, and then kill them when they charged back there. No one shot down my harrier so I racked up kills with that, then just a couple kills with a chopper gunner and had a nuke.

Wasn't really impressed though. I thought it would be different somehow from just being on a map when someone else activates one.

Got my other one on Afghan the same way, people just kept running at my location on that open plateau and then didn't take cover when the harrier came.

Doubt I'll ever have that bit of luck again.

Joining a beginner friends' FFA and ripping shit up is always a confidence booster if you've just been battered by a lobby of 5-10 prestige guys :) although I try to limit that as it's tough seeing the new guys crouch walking out in the open looking aimlessly around, it's only fair that they play with people their own standard until they improve.

Sometimes I see a lobby full of high prestige players and then a 7 rank or something, poor fucker - he is not going to enjoy this experience. I wonder why the matchmaking does that sometimes..

jedimike

I played like shit last night... for whatever reason, I was just slightly off with my aim plus I was always connecting with 3 bars.

Then, I made classic rookie mistakes like raging on a camper in Favela. This guy just set up a tactical insertion behind the stairs under the construction building. He was at 10-0 and I decided to go after him in case he had a nuke equipped.

I equipped my nube toob and went after him... I was getting hit markers with the tubes but I guess I was off on those too because he kept surviving. Anyway I died like 7 times trying to get his ass out of that hole. He was using an HBS and I didn't have any classes with Ninja. Yah, I finally stopped his killstreak, but I took a beating doing it. I think I personally handed this guy a 30-4 victory.

I'm sure he was laughing his ass off as I kept rage attacking. I feel the need to redeem myself tonight.

celestial body said:
So yesterday I realised that if someone goes prone with a riot shield they 'jam' the harrier. I thought mine had glitched itself on something.

Which leads to my next question, how do you kill a riot shield guy with an AR/claymore set-up? I can't shoot the legs because they crouch walk, I tend to just throw a flashbang and run like a girl.

If you have a claymore, taunt the riot shield guy into running towards you, then drop the claymore. Odds are, he won't figure out what you're doing until too late.

EDIT: And I had what I would consider to be my best game ever today. Not the best in terms of score, but the best in terms of sheer bad-assery. Ground War Domination, 55-11 on Skidrow with the nothing but the SPAS and killstreaks. Predator, Harrier, AC-130.

I also called in my first real EMP (i.e., not from a care package). Only 9 more of those suckers to go!

divisionbyzorro said:
If you have a claymore, taunt the riot shield guy into running towards you, then drop the claymore. Odds are, he won't figure out what you're doing until too late.

EDIT: And I had what I would consider to be my best game ever today. Not the best in terms of score, but the best in terms of sheer bad-assery. Ground War Domination, 55-11 on Skidrow with the nothing but the SPAS and killstreaks. Predator, Harrier, AC-130.

I also called in my first real EMP (i.e., not from a care package). Only 9 more of those suckers to go!

Haha its like playing join the dot's :lol, that makes sense. Nice one man.

Im tempted to get the EMP symbol just because it looks cool, but its not much harder to just a get a Nuke. When Nuke hunting I got REALLY frustrated and hated the game, and as its pretty much just as much of a grind I cant bring myself to do it.

RdN

JustHadToJoin said:
is it wrong that I'm determined to make the throwing knife my primary weapon on consoles? So damn hard to aim..

I got a Throwing Knife kill yesterday and I was very happy! I find it almost impossible to get kills with that thing. :lol

Jrmint

RdN said:
I got a Throwing Knife kill yesterday and I was very happy! I find it almost impossible to get kills with that thing. :lol
Heh yea it is. I got one once for the game winning kill cam in Search and Destroy which is one of my only TK kills and it got me the emblem!

Sushen

Playing this game for 3 hours straight makes me sick now. I couldn't concentrate and was having a massive headache...

aku:jiki

RdN said:
I nailed a throwing knife across the valley on Afghan - aimed too, not random, and he was shooting at me! I was pretty shocked when I got the kill. :lol

Got a sweet frag kill today too... I was standing on a dude's martyrdom and it rolled into grabbing range so I just picked it up, right as two enemies ran in front of me. The frag got all three of us. :lol

chapel

Banned
So not that anyone cares but I traded in MW2 for BC2. I stopped playing it in early January. The choices they made were not something I enjoyed. This is coming from someone that loved CoD4 and even bought MW2 early.

Equus Bellator Apex

chapel said:
So not that anyone cares but I traded in MW2 for BC2. I stopped playing it in early January. The choices they made were not something I enjoyed. This is coming from someone that loved CoD4 and even bought MW2 early.
You will be missed.

Tamanon

Banned
Man, leveling my Danger Close is pretty deadly on Terminal with my M16/grenade launcher, SPAS, Claymores and Scavenger/Danger Close/Ninja. There are times where I can have 4 claymores up at once and just rack up kills by switching positions after each one.

kuYuri

Tamanon said:
Man, leveling my Danger Close is pretty deadly on Terminal with my M16/grenade launcher, SPAS, Claymores and Scavenger/Danger Close/Ninja. There are times where I can have 4 claymores up at once and just rack up kills by switching positions after each one.

It's impossible for one person to have more than two claymores up at once. When you set up a third claymore, the first one that was set up blows up.

Tamanon said:
You're such a fucking liar. :lol :lol :lol :lol

Tamanon

Banned
RJNavarrete said:
You're such a fucking liar. :lol :lol :lol :lol

Maybe I'm mistaken but I'm almost positive I've seen that many up. Maybe they just disappear after I set a third one, usually there's only two entrances to an area. I just never hear the explosion.

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
i was on 23 kills once and was camping like a mother fucker so I decided to plant a third claymore over the top of my first. It ended badly.

At least i think it did. I pressed skip straight away so maybe someone just shot me.

ZZMitch

i_am_ben said:
i was on 23 kills once and was camping like a mother fucker so I decided to plant a third claymore over the top of my first. It ended badly.

At least i think it did. I pressed skip straight away so maybe someone just shot me.

No, your right... when you plant a 3rd claymore the 1st one blows up. If I had a 23 killstreak (and was shooting for a nuke) and I killed myself like that... I would probably put my controller through the TV or something! :lol

Tamanon said:
Maybe I'm mistaken but I'm almost positive I've seen that many up. Maybe they just disappear after I set a third one, usually there's only two entrances to an area. I just never hear the explosion.
Max is two (same with C4 btw).

Sushen

jedimike said:
I played like shit last night... for whatever reason, I was just slightly off with my aim plus I was always connecting with 3 bars.

Then, I made classic rookie mistakes like raging on a camper in Favela. This guy just set up a tactical insertion behind the stairs under the construction building. He was at 10-0 and I decided to go after him in case he had a nuke equipped.

I equipped my nube toob and went after him... I was getting hit markers with the tubes but I guess I was off on those too because he kept surviving. Anyway I died like 7 times trying to get his ass out of that hole. He was using an HBS and I didn't have any classes with Ninja. Yah, I finally stopped his killstreak, but I took a beating doing it. I think I personally handed this guy a 30-4 victory.

I'm sure he was laughing his ass off as I kept rage attacking. I feel the need to redeem myself tonight.
Haha, you must be one of my fav customers. I love setting up chocking points and move around the area. I get the best kick out of people who's supposed to ambush a clueless camper, but I ambush them first before they enter the area.

I just started to use FAMAS, and I'm wondering why people don't complain about it being overpowered like M16 last time. It's an easy one shot kill rifle.

JaMarco

I don't know if this is old but has anyone seen the glitch where a guy has permanent thermal vision without the scope. I keep looking at killcams where guys are running around with regular assault rifles but they have thermal vision.

Mik2121

celestial body said:
So yesterday I realised that if someone goes prone with a riot shield they 'jam' the harrier. I thought mine had glitched itself on something.

Which leads to my next question, how do you kill a riot shield guy with an AR/claymore set-up? I can't shoot the legs because they crouch walk, I tend to just throw a flashbang and run like a girl.
Actually, if you aim well enough, there are usually very small spots where you can shoot even if they are crouching, and kill them. I've done that tons of times and even got hate mails because of that :p

zewone

chapel said:
Hey, I too loved CoD4 and got MW2 early, and guess what? I love MW2!

chapel said:
Insert Harrison Ford "Who gives a shit" gif here.

Ovid

Case said:
I don't know if this is old but has anyone seen the glitch where a guy has permanent thermal vision without the scope. I keep looking at killcams where guys are running around with regular assault rifles but they have thermal vision.
What??? I never heard of that one.

Having thermal on all the time would be kind of annoying.

Dresden

Just watched a friend go 54-10 on Skidrow, TDM, with just the Striker. Holy shit. I'd be sniping and there would be nothing but his name scrolling up killing everyone on the other side. If he wasn't using uavs and sentry guns I'm sure he would've broken 100 that round.

Dax005

Just got my third nuke (yes only 3) last night on Highrise. I was lucky that we held th A and C flags (domination) so the dudes on the opposing team spawned in the center of the map. Was pretty awesome:D

Dax005 said:
Just got my third nuke (yes only 3) last night on Highrise. I was lucky that we held th A and C flags (domination) so the dudes on the opposing team spawned in the center of the map. Was pretty awesome:D

what is this this i don't even.. ban evasion?

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
stupidest death last night, on highrise by that corridor under the helicopter pad. I approached the opening and another guy does the same on the other side,, I was a bit more cautious but he charged right inside. I calmly duck to the left and plant a claymore by the opening, mainly for cover, but also to stop him coming my way.

he panicked when he saw me and melee'd and shot wildly whilst backing out. outrageously his commando knife pulls me through the wall where I drop dead at his feet - outside the tunnel on the other side.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
actually since riot shields have been mentioned, I'm really pissed off with them.

I had a 3rd person cage match against a guy with Riot shield and I *think* blast shield. I shot the fucker with 2 RPGs while he stood there and laughed at me, making silly voices. I planted claymores that he walked over as if they were nothing. All at the same time? Still alive. what.the.fuck.

I was just enjoying myself and we had a little laugh but after a couple deaths I got a little serious, killed him, took his shield and went on a killstreak with his shield :D

he quit after I called in my harrier.

Dax005 said:
Bah, ANOTHER dax? What do we have like three on GAF now?

Also, my brother got two cross-map throwing knife kills yesterday in the course of a half an hour. That kid is so lucky.

Dax005 said:
what is this i don't even

HooCares

Neo Member
Went on one of the hottest Ground War streaks ever last night.

24-2 TDM SkidRow
20-0 TDM Derail
35-12 Domination Afghan

Still having a hard time settling on which shotgun I like for secondary. Everyone loves SPAS but it's cost me a few times when facing two enemies. AA-12 has shit range but a lot of people seem to kill me with it. M1042? (the semi auto) - liking it but not sure.

Having some problems unlocking the 6fears7 title.

I have harriers on, emergency airdrop and pavelow on, I got them all about 3 times now but the title hasn't unlocked, I think both times that I called in the pavelow second before the airdrop, would that effect it? I also had hardline on as well not sure if that screws it up either... :(

Nizz

HooCares said:
Went on one of the hottest Ground War streaks ever last night.

24-2 TDM SkidRow
20-0 TDM Derail
35-12 Domination Afghan

Still having a hard time settling on which shotgun I like for secondary. Everyone loves SPAS but it's cost me a few times when facing two enemies. AA-12 has shit range but a lot of people seem to kill me with it. M1042? (the semi auto) - liking it but not sure.
I went with the SPAS for a bit, ended up getting up to the extended mags. But like you, I noticed (at least to me) that if you miss with the SPAS, recovering from the miss can be tricky. I ended up switching out to the M1014. Pretty nice!

Lately my go-to loadout has been the M4 with red dot sight, M1014 with no attachment. Scavenger pro, Hardline pro, and Ninja pro. Hardly used the Hardline perk my first prestige, but on the second prestige I'm loving that perk. :D

I'm also for the first time rocking Akimbo weapons. I went with the Magnums, still trying to get used to shooting with both L1 and R1. It's different, but kinda fun. ;)

kuYuri

fps fanatic said:
I went with the SPAS for a bit, ended up getting up to the extended mags. But like you, I noticed (at least to me) that if you miss with the SPAS, recovering from the miss can be tricky. I ended up switching out to the M1014. Pretty nice!

Lately my go-to loadout has been the M4 with red dot sight, M1014 with no attachment. Scavenger pro, Hardline pro, and Ninja pro. Hardly used the Hardline perk my first prestige, but on the second prestige I'm loving that perk. :D

I'm also for the first time rocking Akimbo weapons. I went with the Magnums, still trying to get used to shooting with both L1 and R1. It's different, but kinda fun. ;)

M4A1 with Hardline? How does that work out for you?

I tend to stick Hardline with the heavy damage ARs (TAR-21, Scar-H, FAL, etc.)

I pretty much need Stopping Power with the weaker ones like M4A1, ACR, and F2000.

Jrmint

Lately my go-to loadout has been the M4 with red dot sight, M1014 with no attachment. Scavenger pro, Hardline pro, and Ninja pro. Hardly used the Hardline perk my first prestige, but on the second prestige I'm loving that perk.

I definitely think the M1014 is the most well rounded shotgun for power, range, fire rate, etc. Nothing is as well balanced and still as powerful as this gun.
As for attachments really the only ones which seem worth it for me are the Grip and Extended Mags, no sense using any attachment until you get to the Grip.

As for the Magnum, I just started my 3rd prestige and picked up a pair of Akimbo Magnums that someone had dropped, and holy crap those things are good. It was weird though, I was using the "First Recon" premade class with the Akimbo Tactical Knife and it did not seem nearly as accurate or powerful as the Akimbo. So I would like to use them Akimbo, but it seems like leveling them up might be a chore with just 1.

So I'd love to see this tested on video.

I was trying to figure out why in the world anybody would want to put FMJ on a shotgun, and then I realized that people count as penetrable surfaces too. I would love to see someone stand a bunch of people in a straight line and then compare the effect of firing a regular and an FMJ SPAS down the line. How many will the regular SPAS kill in one shot? How many will the FMJ SPAS kill in one shot? If the difference is significant, that might be a compelling reason to put FMJ on a shotgun.

I love the SPAS, by the way. I haven't unlocked the M1014 this prestige yet, so I can't speak to that, but the SPAS is just so much fun to use. It makes you feel totally badass when you pull off the "quickscope" headshot.

And EMP #2 came today on Favela. I've been playing around with legit uses of One Man Army, and I current pair an ACR + Stopping Power with a TAR + Hardline, using OMA to swap between as appropriate. It's been working out well, plus the ability to switch to anti-air without having to die is also quite nice.

Maximus.

RdN said:

me and my friends play random fun games in private matches and we always use throwing knives. such good practice, but i know what you mean, every time i get a throwing knife kill online i always get excited :lol

Nizz

Strider2K99 said:
M4A1 with Hardline? How does that work out for you?

I tend to stick Hardline with the heavy damage ARs (TAR-21, Scar-H, FAL, etc.)

I pretty much need Stopping Power with the weaker ones like M4A1, ACR, and F2000.
Pretty good, believe it or not. :D I hardly used the M4 before, but for some reason it just clicked with me this time around. Don't really seem to miss Stopping Power.

I ran into this for the first time last night: A guy kept dominating team deathmatch and getting 30+ kills a game. The strange thing was, he always had a riot shield on his back. And it happened every game. Then I started to notice he always had a silenced UMP. Even at the start of a game he'd have it. That shouldn't be possible unless he picked up someone's weapon, but how could it always be a silenced UMP? Then I look at his profile, and he has a gamerscore of 0. I have never seen that before. I'm assuming he was cheating. Anyone else see someone do something similar to this?

kuYuri

fps fanatic said:
Pretty good, believe it or not. :D I hardly used the M4 before, but for some reason it just clicked with me this time around. Don't really seem to miss Stopping Power.

I've always loved the M4, even since CoD4, but I find it pretty much useless without SP just because it's so weak.

But it seems that for you, having Hardline works. More power to you!

Top Bottom