• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
:D

just got my 8th nuke against a clan full of prestige 8+ Australians.

So satisfying as my team was a rag tag team with no mics and a lot of people under level 40. Even more satisfying was that they were smack talking and calling us faggot noobs pre-game and telling us how badly they were going to destroy us.

sure, OMA noobtubing on Quarry is just insanely cheap. But their bitter tears and rage made it all worthwhile :lol

aku:jiki

i_am_ben said:
:D

just got my 8th nuke against a clan full of prestige 8+ Australians.

So satisfying as my team was a rag tag team with no mics and a lot of people under level 40. Even more satisfying was that they were smack talking and calling us faggot noobs pre-game and telling us how badly they were going to destroy us.

sure, OMA noobtubing on Quarry is just insanely cheap. But their bitter tears and rage made it all worthwhile :lol
Nice! You make me want to equip the nuke again. :D

I got my first really angry voice message the other day myself! It was some kid flipping out and screaming because I was camping and, well, I guess I was but they just kept spawning outside the window where I was... I'm not gonna go away and stop getting easy kills!

Was also playing a bit of Search & Destroy with my boy z4m and was the only one left, got like 3 guys and then the last guy thought we were gonna have a standoff in the stairs in the corridor on Skidrow, but I was like fuck that, threw a semtex to stop him from coming in, hauled ass out the hole in the wall and shottied him in the back. His team was screaming that I was a lucky noob or some shit. :lol

Just started to go for Sitrep Pro. 78/120 of the way. Hope it's worth it.

I use headphones and am a little worried the effect will be disorientating and I'll just end up going back to Ninja Pro.

So March Madness interrupted my MW2 plans last night. Damn that was a crazy day of basketball.

But no more! Tonight I will learn shotguns!

One last question, CodGAF: Stopping Power or Lightweight Pro on a SPAS-12?

mr_boo

OMGLOL A LLAMA said:
yo is it true that red dot on famas is more accurate than holo, similarly to how holo decreases bullet spread on m16?
I've haven't heard anything regarding a FAMAS RDS and FAMAS Holo discrepancy. If there is one, I'm thinking it's non-consequential since it would be one of the more notable weird nuances like the M16 Holo being more accurate than the M16 RDS which leads to your second question. The M16 Holo is indeed more accurate than the M16 RDS.

Miggytronz

divisionbyzorro said:
So March Madness interrupted my MW2 plans last night. Damn that was a crazy day of basketball.

eh id go lightweight.

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
stopping power. Purely so that if we should ever, by random chance, get in a game together you don't run through my claymores.

DoomGyver

Draft said:
Still no official screens or videos of the new maps? WTF, aren't they dropping in less than 2 weeks?
Doesn't surprise me considering how they spoon fed us multiplayer info before release.

divisionbyzorro said:

Stopping power. The Spas is nearly useless without it as without stopping power the gun loses its ability to one hit kill from pre-patch 1887 distance. I've done some Spas only FFA matches where I came in first a few times. My class involved a sniper rifle as a primary because of the extra boost in running speed. My perks were marathon pro,stopping power pro, and ninja pro. You could swap out ninja pro for steady aim pro if you're not trying to be sneaky and prefer to hipfire instead of quickscoping. I personally prefer to quickscope as it results in less hitmarkers.

Ovid

Spinning Plates said:

I use headphones and am a little worried the effect will be disorientating and I'll just end up going back to Ninja Pro.
It's worth it. Takes a little getting use to though.

bluehat9

So for some reason my chopper-gunner is activating all the time now. Using predator-pavelow-gunner as my killstreaks, but even after the pavelow takes down a few, it doesn't trigger the last killstreak. Do I need to kill someone myself after I let the pavelow loose to trigger it?

bluehat9 said:
So for some reason my chopper-gunner is activating all the time now. Using predator-pavelow-gunner as my killstreaks, but even after the pavelow takes down a few, it doesn't trigger the last killstreak. Do I need to kill someone myself after I let the pavelow loose to trigger it?

The Pave Low is bugged. Don't use it to try to build to other killstreaks. The community can't even agree on what makes it work and what doesn't. It's typically safer to use Harriers over the Pave Low to build to other killstreaks.

Got my 4th nuke yesterday with my best round ever, 26-0 in terminal in 2 minutes, 20 seconds without noobtubes or anything like that.

Today it was mostly sucking sucking sucking, I did get Steady Aim VI and moved on to scrambler (ugh...). I am currently collecting all the perks and "get nades stuck" award

zam

aku:jiki said:
Was also playing a bit of Search & Destroy with my boy z4m and was the only one left, got like 3 guys and then the last guy thought we were gonna have a standoff in the stairs in the corridor on Skidrow, but I was like fuck that, threw a semtex to stop him from coming in, hauled ass out the hole in the wall and shottied him in the back. His team was screaming that I was a lucky noob or some shit. :lol
Haha yeah that was awesome, apparently you were just lucky to be smart and jump out the window and shoot him in the ass, pure luck :lol

Do you guys find Stopping Power is wasted/useless on the AK47?

I play over a wireless connection and only get about 55% signal strength because the modem is on the other side of the house, so lag is an issue and I usually have to put more bullets into people than I would over a wired connection. Stopping Power is necessary for me with the weaker weapons.

I don't find I need stopping power on my other high power main guns (Scar-H, RPD and UMP), but for some reason it seems like I do need it on the AK47 even though the damage stat in-game is about the same as the Scar-H. I seem to win less head on fights with it off.

quadrax1s

Neo Member
Getting tired of the stupid hosting/server/whatever the hell you call it problems. Every time I have a party of 4+ people it takes so much time to get into a game. I'm tired of the server losing its connection during the middle of a match. I don't understand why they pick the worst people to host games sometimes. I play with this friend of mine who has a shitty connection, but somehow the game keeps picking him to be the host and we end up playing in a lagfest until we get kicked. So stupid.

Sorry, just had a bad day in MW2 with server problems so I'm just ranting.

jdub03

Spinning Plates said:

Its well worth it. Using the tritton ax720s and sitrep pro is very effective. Your steps are silent(not completely) and enemy footsteps are super loud. I love it. Only time I go back to Ninja pro is when I get killed several times by somebody camping with a HBS.

DoomGyver

ThirstyFly said:
Do you guys find Stopping Power is wasted/useless on the AK47?

I play over a wireless connection and only get about 55% signal strength because the modem is on the other side of the house, so lag is an issue and I usually have to put more bullets into people than I would over a wired connection. Stopping Power is necessary for me with the weaker weapons.

I don't find I need stopping power on my other high power main guns (Scar-H, RPD and UMP), but for some reason it seems like I do need it on the AK47 even though the damage stat in-game is about the same as the Scar-H. I seem to win less head on fights with it off.
If you put any attachment on the AK the game gives you side to side recoil. A few bullets can miss even at mid-range. It's definitely not a laser like the ACR.

quadrax1s said:
Sorry, just had a bad day in MW2 with server problems so I'm just ranting.
Every day with MW2 is a bad day with server problems. Oh dedicated servers, how I miss you. Well, no use crying over spilled miHOST MIGRATION IN 3..2..1

HOST MIGRATION FAILED

GAME LOBBY CLOSED

Full Recovery said:
If you put any attachment on the AK the game gives you side to side recoil. A few bullets can miss even at mid-range. It's definitely not a laser like the ACR.

I only use extended mags with the AK. Love using it to take out groups of guys without having to reload.

Kujo

I hate how the game gives you a Loss when it fails to migrate host or maintain a game. Half my loses are from the failed matchmaking or putting me on the losing team within the last 30 seconds.

jedimike

Mojo said:
I hate how the game gives you a Loss when it fails to migrate host or maintain a game. Half my loses are from the failed matchmaking or putting me on the losing team within the last 30 seconds.

My win/loss is complete garbage... especially since I play a lot of FFA. I don't think anyone places any merit on that statistic.

So I put Last Stand on all my classes and screwed around with it tonight. It levels up a lot faster than I thought it would - not so much because I'm getting tons of last stand kills, but because the requirements for leveling it up aren't that high. And I even managed to get a game-winning kill in Last Stand - there are definitely moments where I wish I didn't have my voice chat set to friends only :lol

Kujo

divisionbyzorro said:
I even managed to get a game-winning kill in Last Stand - there are definitely moments where I wish I didn't have my voice chat set to friends only :lol
I once got a GWK with a Riot Shield, it was glorious

Dresden

I think the best game winning kill was with a throwing knife. Got the 'Unbelievable' title, too. Just tossed it at a moving target in Favela and got him, complete luck.

PetriP-TNT said:
Every day with MW2 is a bad day with server problems. Oh dedicated servers, how I miss you. Well, no use crying over spilled miHOST MIGRATION IN 3..2..1

HOST MIGRATION FAILED

GAME LOBBY CLOSED
The host has such a huge advantage in this game it's incredible. I try to stick around in games so that I end up being host because I usually have great games after that because of it.

whitehawk

Banned
divisionbyzorro said:
The Pave Low is bugged. Don't use it to try to build to other killstreaks. The community can't even agree on what makes it work and what doesn't. It's typically safer to use Harriers over the Pave Low to build to other killstreaks.
How have they not fixed this yet? it's been over 4 months now...

Shalashaska said:
The host has such a huge advantage in this game it's incredible. I try to stick around in games so that I end up being host because I usually have great games after that because of it.
And I never get the host duty eventhough I have a great connection because I am from Finland and majority of my enemies aren't even near Finland (except the Finns and some random swedish people..)

Just got my second nuke in last two days. I AM ON FIRE, BAYBEE

5/10 nukes now, 5 to go!

You know what the best part about Last Stand Pro is? Being a total douche and stealing the kill from the guy who killed you. Just toss a stun/flash grenade and BOOM no kill for him. :lol :lol

ZZMitch

divisionbyzorro said:
You know what the best part about Last Stand Pro is? Being a total douche and stealing the kill from the guy who killed you. Just toss a stun/flash grenade and BOOM no kill for him. :lol :lol

I used to do this all the time! I can just see the guy who shot me going FUUUUUUUU!

So yesterday I realised that if someone goes prone with a riot shield they 'jam' the harrier. I thought mine had glitched itself on something.

Which leads to my next question, how do you kill a riot shield guy with an AR/claymore set-up? I can't shoot the legs because they crouch walk, I tend to just throw a flashbang and run like a girl.

DoomGyver

celestial body said:
So yesterday I realised that if someone goes prone with a riot shield they 'jam' the harrier. I thought mine had glitched itself on something.

Which leads to my next question, how do you kill a riot shield guy with an AR/claymore set-up? I can't shoot the legs because they crouch walk, I tend to just throw a flashbang and run like a girl.
RPG/AT4

Top Bottom