• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

jdub03

mr_boo said:
To me a camper is literally someone who moves if and only if he/she dies and thus is forced to move due to a re-spawn. That is a pure camper and that's what most folks ought to be frustrated with - I think the labeling of "camper" get thrown around too easily. Some degree of camping is just normal defensive play...which is ok by me. I don't think I've been really frustrated by a camper in some time...I either ignore them or I effectively take them out.

I think though your comparison is off - you're comparing a camper to a bad player. I think a bad player will always be preferred the least as a teammate, which is nothing new.

Admittedly, I over exaggerated the comparison. I still feel a camper will help the team more then someone who is constantly moving. The chances of you dying decreases. My play style varies depending on the stage. I have a class setup up for each one. You really can't play them the same. They range from run and gun to sit in one spot and camp. Who's worse, the team who can't seem to kill a guy that remains in the same spot throughout the match, or the guy who successfully defends that spot despite the amount of enemies coming after him. I do find that the knife running class, imo, is a more enjoyable play style then the others though. Especially when I can get a chopper gunner doing it.

Edit: I'm speaking on team death match only. I don't play much of the other modes so I can't really speak on those.

WOW, I'm still trying to finish up my Veteran play through of the single player game. How in the FUCK do you beat the boat part? Price suggests that I, "STAY CLEAR OF THE OPEN AREAS!" Hey, you dumb ass motherfucker, the whole goddamn area is open. And there are fucking 5 boats, a helicopter and fucking RPG teams all shooting at me. This goddamn part is impossible. How do you beat it?

And of course just as I finish this post, I try again and I beat it. Must have taken me 30 tries. IW has a great understanding of what games want when they want more difficult games.

Jrmint

I started a Veteran play through and could not get through the Favela level. I got stuck on 1 specific choke point and must've tried 20 times then said fuck it.

I still feel like Veteran being nerfed so much was actually a bit disappointing in this game. It was more fair and less frustrating, but I always loved the challenge of doing it in past COD games.

Logically it's a good thing, but it's just some weird thing for me, I guess. COD is the only game franchise that I always want to complete on the hardest difficulty these days in my old age. :lol

I wonder if they will drop the price of the map pack after release.....

I haven't been playing this game very much so I don't think I am going to get them right when they come out.

SUPREME1

Banned
jdub03 said:
Can someone please explain to me in detail why camping is so bad. Besides you being annoyed that some guy chilling somewhere killed you, instead of him running around like an idiot. Modern Warfare's mechanics reward campers. If you don't like it tell IW to increase player health, decrease weapon damage and eliminate kill streaks(or go play halo and run and gun like an idiot). How do you expect someone to get kill streaks without some degree of camping. I'll take a camper on my team over an idiot runner who gets the other team 15 to 20 kills.

Agreed.

I hate when a match is over, win or lose, and a guy on my team has 20+ deaths.

Seriously, that shit is inexcuseable.

Give me a guy who'll get a solid 18/7 anytime.

ImperialConquest said:
Agreed.

I hate when a match is over, win or lose, and a guy on my team has 20+ deaths.

Seriously, that shit is inexcuseable.

Give me a guy who'll get a solid 18/7 anytime.

Hell, I'd take a 10/7 teammate over a 20/20 teammate any day.

Tamanon

Banned
Full Recovery said:
I had a teammate go 0-15, then 4-12 two matches in a row. He was also the host.

His accolade was "most time spent crouched."

For my first 15 levels or so playing the game, that was my biggest accolade, either most time spent crouched, most time stationary, or highest elevation.:lol

Now I get a lot of "most time spent near enemies" which is odd.

vhfive

Is anybody else running into a lot of modders? I was just play hardcore team deathmatch and the movement speed was really high. At first I thought it was lag but the game was running smoothly and I kept getting thrown high in the air. I wouldn't have cared if it was just one game but about every other lobby I went into had the same problem.

I've not bitched about any of the exploits, because I've never really experienced many of them a lot, even the Javelin glitch, however tonight I joined 5 games in a row that were speed hacked. That is annoying. Hope it gets fixed soon.

But I just went 19-2, so I ended my session happy. :D

Dresden

Hmm, 249 multikills with the RPG. Just need one more...

I just leave the game now when Derail comes up. Worst map in the game along with Wasteland, imo.

And Skidrow is still the best map, hands-down. Killstreaks aren't as effective due to a large part of the map being indoors (although spawn-trapping the enemy team in A with a chopper gunner is sick), and it's perfect for shotgun or smg builds, or the old RPG build.

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
jdub03 said:
Can someone please explain to me in detail why camping is so bad. Besides you being annoyed that some guy chilling somewhere killed you, instead of him running around like an idiot. Modern Warfare's mechanics reward campers. If you don't like it tell IW to increase player health, decrease weapon damage and eliminate kill streaks(or go play halo and run and gun like an idiot). How do you expect someone to get kill streaks without some degree of camping. I'll take a camper on my team over an idiot runner who gets the other team 15 to 20 kills.

If everybody camps, who is going to run around and get shot? The game will just end up being 0-0 with no winners.

mr_boo

Dresden said:
Hmm, 249 multikills with the RPG. Just need one more...

I just leave the game now when Derail comes up. Worst map in the game along with Wasteland, imo.

And Skidrow is still the best map, hands-down. Killstreaks aren't as effective due to a large part of the map being indoors (although spawn-trapping the enemy team in A with a chopper gunner is sick), and it's perfect for shotgun or smg builds, or the old RPG build.
Hmmm...I've always been ok with Wasteland but I'm more ok now with Derail ever since I picked up sniping. Sniping makes Derail bearable when you have to re-spawn. Scrapyard and Rust are the only two maps I can't snipe in - Rust is understandable due to the size, but there something about Scrapyard that I can seem to do well at all when I snipe.

vhfive said:
Is anybody else running into a lot of modders? I was just play hardcore team deathmatch and the movement speed was really high. At first I thought it was lag but the game was running smoothly and I kept getting thrown high in the air. I wouldn't have cared if it was just one game but about every other lobby I went into had the same problem.
Yeah, this kind of crap has been happening all day. I tried to join up a game with one of my buddies and it took 4 tries to find a game that wasn't doing the super run fast glitch. It's so damn annoying.

1.Why the hell is everyone using Intervention+Akimbo G18 combo these days?

2. Today I was doing fairly well, 7-0 on favela and then host migration happened. I was sure I was going to get kicked as it took so long, like 30 seconds but then I suddently got into the same match with my score reset back to 0-0-0. WTF?

Nizz

PetriP-TNT said:

2. Today I was doing fairly well, 7-0 on favela and then host migration happened. I was sure I was going to get kicked as it took so long, like 30 seconds but then I suddently got into the same match with my score reset back to 0-0-0. WTF?
For my sniper class, I've been using the Barret + Akimbo Magnums. It's weird that I don't use Akimbo anything for any other class. It just seems to go together for some reason.

VaLiancY

PetriP-TNT said:

I read on the wiki that Akimbo G18s have the smallest spread of all machine pistols and an even tighter spread with Steady Aim.

"Expect a playlist update later today on #MW2 for Xbox Live. It'll prevent "super speed" games. I'll let you know when it goes live"

-via fouzerotwo

:D

EDIT: love you zorro :D
no homo.

It's good to see they've reacted quickly to this (big) problem but it begs the question of why they can't tackle the nuke-boosting issue which has been going on since the game launched. Really removing tactical insertion from FFA's would be a very minor sacrifice, 99.9% of the time it's used for boosting anyway in that mode.

I still can't believe people do this for an emblem..

Najaf

kyo_daikun said:
Having some problems unlocking the 6fears7 title.

I have harriers on, emergency airdrop and pavelow on, I got them all about 3 times now but the title hasn't unlocked, I think both times that I called in the pavelow second before the airdrop, would that effect it? I also had hardline on as well not sure if that screws it up either... :(

It is a 7-8-9 killstreak. It is an old elementary school joke. Why does six fear seven? Because seven ate nine. I can confirm that this title was gotten with harrier, EAD, stealth bomb.

Tamanon

Banned
celestial body said:
It's good to see they've reacted quickly to this (big) problem but it begs the question of why they can't tackle the nuke-boosting issue which has been going on since the game launched. Really removing tactical insertion from FFA's would be a very minor sacrifice, 99.9% of the time it's used for boosting anyway in that mode.

I still can't believe people do this for an emblem..

I don't understand how you could possibly fix something like nuke-boosting though. There's no way that wouldn't drastically change things.

Plus I still have yet to ever actually even run into a pair, the speed games suddenly started spreading this past weekend.

Dresden

Najaf said:
It is a 7-8-9 killstreak. It is an old elementary school joke. Why does six fear seven? Because seven ate nine. I can confirm that this title was gotten with harrier, EAD, stealth bomb.
maybe it was his Pavelow that was messing things up.

Mush

Najaf said:
I got the title by using the Attack Helicopter, EAD and Stealth Bomber. No problems what so ever.

Najaf

Dresden said:
maybe it was his Pavelow that was messing things up.

I think the problem was he called them in out of order. Earning a 7-8-9 ks is not the requirement. I believe one needs to call them in order.

Belfast

VaLiancY said:
Srsly. I've been fucking mortared with Scavenger and OMA builds last night I wanted to fucking rage.

I had a game last night where I couldn't go TWO SECONDS without hearing an explosion of some sort.

Whining or not, here are my top four problems with the game (in no particular order):

1) Akimbo G18s
2) Knifing (less the idea of the mechanic and more the way the game *actually* handles it)
3) UMP45
4) Toobs (and, of course, OMA just makes it worse)

Honorable Mention: SCAR-H (still feels kinda unbalanced, but its magazine does keep it somewhat in check)

I'm certain the popularity of builds incorporating at least one (if not more) of these supercedes just about any other setup.

As for me, my most-used guns are probably the RPD and PP2000 for secondary. Intervention when I feel like playing sniper.

DoomGyver

Knifing is by far the biggest issue. I hate how most close encounters have come down to a fucking knife.

If they do fix the knifing, I personally can not wait to get my revenge. Just imagine how many encounters after a fix would come down to them swinging their knife in the air while I put lead in their head.

Maximus.

fuck in past few days everytime i join a team deathmatch im either put in at the end of the game and just see the last kill or im put on a team where they are losing by more than 10 deaths. what the fuck is up with this shit :/

VaLiancY

Full Recovery said:
Knifing is by far the biggest issue. I hate how most close encounters have come down to a fucking knife.

If they do fix the knifing, I personally can not wait to get my revenge. Just imagine how many encounters after a fix would come down to them swinging their knife in the air while I put lead in their head.

I use Marathon and SMGs heavily so I get up close to people and I find it frustrating that I get Commando'd from 15 feet away.

MrDaravon

backflip10019 said:
You're a few days late with that, but whatever. Can't wait for double xp!

Also, do you guys think this will apply to kill bonuses as well (ie. headshots, rescuers, buzzkills, etc) or just to straight up kills?

I honestly have no idea how they're going to implement this; my personal guess is that you'll get double Match Bonus XP. It almost seems like breaking it down further starts to get complicated, like do you also give double XP for challenges, kill bonuses, etc.

Also have we heard for sure yet if you have to buy the map pack to get the double xp?

kuYuri

backflip10019 said:
You're a few days late with that, but whatever. Can't wait for double xp!

Also, do you guys think this will apply to kill bonuses as well (ie. headshots, rescuers, buzzkills, etc) or just to straight up kills?

If it's anything like CoD4 double XP weekends, you only get double XP for kills and assists.

kyo_daikun said:
Really?

I will give it a go, on the wiki im sure it says 7-8-9, bloody liars!

Right, done 6-7-8 for 6fears7 as well and it still didnt unlock, bugged title or anyone got any clues what I could be doing wrong?

Edit: sorry guys just saw the above posts, will try tomorrow with attack heli, EAD and stealth to see if it works :lol

aku:jiki

I've finally gotten around to trying WingsOfRedemption's Riot Shield class, which is:

Riot Shield
(Dunno what he used but I use akimbo pistols)
Scavenger
Danger Close
Last Stand
C4

It is glorious! Focusing on C4 kills and only doing shield hits when absolutely necessary is the way to go - I was going positive in every game. Quite a change from the usual 5-85 you usually go with the shield. Brilliant way to get those C4 multi-kills too!

I added in switching to my guns to the style though. Whenever someone was gonna try and flash me, had to reload or whatever else, I'd bust out and shoot them before they knew what was up. I think I've posted it before, but it really is amazing how many players completely forget that shielders have a secondary. What do they think running away is gonna do except get them shot in the back? :D

backflip10019 said:
Awesome. Glad to see that they're taking care of it very quickly.
Speed lobbies have been around for like four months. Wait, that is a speedy response for this game! :lol

Full Recovery said:

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it needs to be fixed. Knifing will never be removed or tweaked in this game.

Dresden

aku:jiki said:
I've finally gotten around to trying WingsOfRedemption's Riot Shield class, which is:

Riot Shield
(Dunno what he used but I use akimbo pistols)
Scavenger
Danger Close
Last Stand
C4

It is glorious! Focusing on C4 kills and only doing shield hits when absolutely necessary is the way to go - I was going positive in every game. Quite a change from the usual 5-85 you usually go with the shield. Brilliant way to get those C4 multi-kills too!
I actually used that exact same class for a while, although I had RPGs instead of pistols. It's fun stuff.

vhfive

Najaf said:
I think the problem was he called them in out of order. Earning a 7-8-9 ks is not the requirement. I believe one needs to call them in order.
I just got 6fears7 tonight and the pavelow was the first thing I called. In fact the challenge completed right after I called it in before I called in the airdrop and attack heli.

Top Bottom