• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Maximus.

FutureZombie said:
I ran into this for the first time last night: A guy kept dominating team deathmatch and getting 30+ kills a game. The strange thing was, he always had a riot shield on his back. And it happened every game. Then I started to notice he always had a silenced UMP. Even at the start of a game he'd have it. That shouldn't be possible unless he picked up someone's weapon, but how could it always be a silenced UMP? Then I look at his profile, and he has a gamerscore of 0. I have never seen that before. I'm assuming he was cheating. Anyone else see someone do something similar to this?

definite hacker. I play mw2 on ps3, but on xbox when i played halo 3 there were people who wouldnt die no matter what you did to them and they always had gamerscores of 0 or below 100.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
holy shit, anyone playing right now?

every lobby I go into seems to have the hacked super speed thing going on. people running around at super sonic speeds, I even saw one guy jumping way above buildings, though I cant jump very high myself. Fucks going on??

Dresden

kaizoku said:

every lobby I go into seems to have the hacked super speed thing going on. people running around at super sonic speeds, I even saw one guy jumping way above buildings, though I cant jump very high myself. Fucks going on??
Just restart your console, maybe. When I get into those games I just leave, and that seems to fix things, but you might have to take more drastic measures.

I'm always annoyed by those games. Impossible to play and there's nothing like getting killed from fall damage after hopping off a small staircase because the game launches you thirty feet away.

aku:jiki

This kill is pretty awesome. He calls it The Slinky. :lol

I just finally got Heads Up! (agaaain - why does it reset?!) myself. Demo on Favela and I was in that little cemetary and thought we would get the plant and win, so I just threw down a couple of sentries and CP's I had been hoarding. Immediately after I place the markers, of course, they defuse and kill me. The game switched their spawn to the cemetary even though I had multiple markers there and some poor fool got to spawn under my package rain. :lol

divisionbyzorro said:
How many will the regular SPAS kill in one shot? How many will the FMJ SPAS kill in one shot?
I think this is the thing I've posted the most in this thread... FMJ on SPAS is glitched and does nothing. It would be interesting to know for the pellet-spraying shotguns though.

(The reason people put FMJ on everything, by the way, is that the general population still firmly believes that FMJ adds damage at all times.)

HooCares

Neo Member
At the start of TDM on derail this guy with the AA-12 and Marathon blew away me and 3 teammates coming down the office stairs for a multikill. It was also first blood. Could've been using FMJ for the human penetration factor. It was pretty amazing.

Sushen

FutureZombie said:
I ran into this for the first time last night: A guy kept dominating team deathmatch and getting 30+ kills a game. The strange thing was, he always had a riot shield on his back. And it happened every game. Then I started to notice he always had a silenced UMP. Even at the start of a game he'd have it. That shouldn't be possible unless he picked up someone's weapon, but how could it always be a silenced UMP? Then I look at his profile, and he has a gamerscore of 0. I have never seen that before. I'm assuming he was cheating. Anyone else see someone do something similar to this?
Yeah, it happens to me every now and then where I emptied my magazine and even tubed him and he won't die and eventually killed me with couple shots on my feet. I usually blame that on the connection as the kill cam showed vastly different scene than what I experienced.

aku:jiki said:
I think this is the thing I've posted the most in this thread... FMJ on SPAS is glitched and does nothing. It would be interesting to know for the pellet-spraying shotguns though.

(The reason people put FMJ on everything, by the way, is that the general population still firmly believes that FMJ adds damage at all times.)

Really! Come to think of it, now I think I remember you mentioning that before. Hmm. I'm still curious though on other shotguns. Annoyingly enough, the SPAS would be the only shotgun I would consider FMJ on since it has a hard time dealing with multiple targets. All of the other shotguns I would either go for the grip or extended mags.

yoopoo

Banned
Omg why does no one shoots down air support...even a lonely attack helicopter, it only takes one hit from a stinger to bring it down. On FFA I get a helicopter form a care package...no one shoots it down. Then I get another one from a kill streak..then one more from another care package.

I didn't even have to use the third one because the 2nd copter took care of the whole match. I just stood there and +50+50+50 kept popping on the screen.

I won and I was annoyed.

And extended mags on Tar-21 is pretty useless..bahh.

Dresden

yoopoo said:
Omg why does no one shoots down air support...even a lonely attack helicopter, it only takes one hit from a stinger to bring it down. On FFA I get a helicopter form a care package...no one shoots it down. Then I get another one from a kill streak..then one more from another care package.

I didn't even have to use the third one because the 2nd copter took care of the whole match. I just stood there and +50+50+50 kept popping on the screen.

I won and I was annoyed.

And extended mags on Tar-21 is pretty useless..bahh.
There's actually a psychological term for this. I forget which one, but it's essentially people in a crowd not doing shit because they expect someone else to step up. Everyone on the team is staring at the sky going 'someone will take it out' even while they die over and over to it.

Draft

I just prestiged, and it's CRAZY how people ignore air support, but even CRAZIER that you need to get to like level 23 for cold blooded and level who knows what for the stinger. Air support killstreaks are so fucking powerful, and it's stupid that you need to rack up over two dozen levels to build a kit for dealing with them.

Dresden

Draft said:
I just prestiged, and it's CRAZY how people ignore air support, but even CRAZIER that you need to get to like level 23 for cold blooded and level who knows what for the stinger. Air support killstreaks are so fucking powerful, and it's stupid that you need to rack up over two dozen levels to build a kit for dealing with them.
There's nothing like trying to shoot them down with an ATHS. Your only option before Stingers is to shoot once with the AT then pump it full of lead with the RPD+stopping power pro. One rocket and a full clip usually takes down a Harrier.

It's absurd.

kaizoku

Draft said:

air support almost never gets me, thats cos I know how to fucking hide.

I hate idiots who run around giving the guy easy kills. If someone is risking life to blow it up, fine, but running around dying is lame.

I'm more than happy to see my team congregate around me sat in a nice little room taking a break until it flies away. We're the guys with a bit of intelligence.

Obviously I dont kill myself and equip a anti air class because I dont have one and I dont have one cos I figure someone else will deal with that shit.

(and also cos I dont need to deal with it cos I know how to stay safe obviously)

Dresden

kaizoku said:
Obviously I dont kill myself and equip a anti air class because I dont have one and I dont have one cos I figure someone else will deal with that shit.

(and also cos I dont need to deal with it cos I know how to stay safe obviously)
Try that shit in an objective match, nothing is funnier than an entire team hiding in a building while the other team caps all the flags.

Just get a cold blooded+stinger kit FFS.

snack

kaizoku said:

I just had my first ever hacked speed game match today. I was like WTF?! I thought I was cheating for a sec.

Draft

kaizoku said:
air support almost never gets me, thats cos I know how to fucking hide.

I hate idiots who run around giving the guy easy kills. If someone is risking life to blow it up, fine, but running around dying is lame.

I'm more than happy to see my team congregate around me sat in a nice little room taking a break until it flies away. We're the guys with a bit of intelligence.

It's not a risk, if you're level 30 and have stinger + cold blooded. It's just stupid to lock that stuff halfway through the level tree.

Tamanon

Banned
Yeah I've been getting a ton of the speed matches today, definitely a hacker, because he was also killing people and the kill spiel was reading a bunch of different 360 buttons as the method.

Does that happen on the PS3 version? I'm thinking of swapping versions when I get one next week.

Also, got my best round in Domination today, 40-0-11 in Rundown. We took C, then I was able to make it to a building overlooking B and kept it from getting capped for about a minute and a half. Predator got a double kill, harrier strike on the B flag got a few, then my harrier and the ensuing Pavelow stayed up and wrecking folks for the entire time. Shame nobody on my team would go in and cap B while I was covering the place.

Mush

So anyway this past weekend I finally prestiged (Second) after completing all the Challenges I wanted to and I gotta say I haven't had this much fun in ages. I'm trying to use a lot of the weapons I haven't touched at all so far (FAL, MP5K, Vector, RPD, MG4) and although some of them I want to like I just can't because they're so weak (the Vector and MG4 in particular). Oh well. :/

kaizoku

Dresden said:
Try that shit in an objective match, nothing is funnier than an entire team hiding in a building while the other team caps all the flags.

Just get a cold blooded+stinger kit FFS.

well yeah I would if I played those modes. but the rest of the time I don't give a shit about babysitting my team.

you get idiots not caring and getting killed over and over, and you get guys not caring and NOT getting killed.

in objective modes I stay inside or behind buildings, if the plane is looking away its easy enough to move around etc. I do have a stealth kit but no launcher currently so I can still get around. I'd rather equip a riot shield and lie prone. spent my entire first prestige caring about air support killing my team, now I dont waste my time or energy.

Honestly, I don't see any negative to nuke hunting...

1) Your K/D ratio improves dramatically
2) You play more defensively and alertly; therefore, you relay enemy positions to teammates because you don't want to die.
3) You aren't feeding the other team killstreaks

I actually never go out without the nuke on (except for S&D).

RJNavarrete said:
Honestly, I don't see any negative to nuke hunting...

1) Your K/D ratio improves dramatically
2) You play more defensively and alertly; therefore, you relay enemy positions to teammates because you don't want to die.
3) You aren't feeding the other team killstreaks

I actually never go out without the nuke on (except for S&D).
It's called camping

RJNavarrete said:
1) Your K/D ratio improves dramatically.

Not true. Pred->Harrier->Apache is the best choice for K/D boosting. You'll run through it more often than you'll get the nuke, which will easily make up for the 6-9 kills the nuke gives you.

EDIT: Not saying your K/D won't improve, but that there are better ways to improve your K/D.

Tamanon

Banned
Yeah, I don't have nearly as much problem with camping in MW2 with there generally being 2 entrances minimum to an area and you seeing where they're setting up via killcam.

divisionbyzorro said:
Not true. Pred->Harrier->Apache is the best choice for K/D boosting. You'll run through it more often than you'll get the nuke, which will easily make up for the 6-9 kills the nuke gives you.

Agreed. And what if you get killed one or two kills shy of the nuke? All that work for naught.

Fantasmo

Tamanon said:
Yeah, I don't have nearly as much problem with camping in MW2 with there generally being 2 entrances minimum to an area and you seeing where they're setting up via killcam.

Totally!! And not only are there at least 2 entrances to most rooms, but there are often vantage points or angles you can use to your advantage, where the camper is at a complete disadvantage.

I don't see how people can complain when you've got your choice of UAV, Counter UAV, Heartbeat sensor, Thermal, Killcam. With 5.1 sound, you can even pinpoint footsteps, claymores and silenced weapon shots, just not on the minimap, you have to listen carefully. If they fire and don't have silenced weapons, they show up on the map. This is all without even SEEING someone!

I hold points on a map. You can call it camping if you want. I try to find a good area that I can stay safe enough to get killstreaks going and not get my ass killed. Call me crazy, but I like staying alive.

And these techniques stop me cold:

You can use 5 explosive weapons (frag, tubes, rockets) with Danger Close
You can use a shotgun
You can counter with a sniper rifle
Come at me with a riot shield
Throw flash or stuns
Pick me off with a burstfire assault rifle and Stopping Power and if I duck you can still finish me off with FMJ
You can go around me and Ninja stab me

On top of that, if you turn your headset on and let your teammates know where I am, you can bring a buddy and I have no chance.

All these techniques force me to change my class and style. But although I'll lose my spot, you can bet your ass I'll have a counter class ready to go :D

Infinity

snack said:
I just had my first ever hacked speed game match today. I was like WTF?! I thought I was cheating for a sec.

I thought it was some kind of network issue. Then I left the game, joined another only to experience the "hack" again.

The third time, I was in a standard movement/speed game. But after that group fell apart, I was put back into another hacked game. Very annoying.

Yeah, I think I've talked about this before, but the psychology of the high-level killstreaks is what's causing people to bitch so hard about cheap stuff. Remember CoD4 and W@W? Where a 7 killstreak was the highest that gave a reward? Now we have people who are starting their killstreaks at 7! It used to be that getting killed at a 5 streak wasn't so maddening because you'd already gotten a couple of bonuses. But now, if you play with high killstreak bonuses, nothing is more infuriating than a shotgun to the face on a 6-kill streak.

Presco

Fraull said:
definite hacker. I play mw2 on ps3, but on xbox when i played halo 3 there were people who wouldnt die no matter what you did to them and they always had gamerscores of 0 or below 100.

So wrong. That was just somebody way better than you on a 2nd account. Halo 3 is infested with these guys cause people are stupid enough to pay for a level 50 account. I've seen cheating in Halo (host boot, lag switch, etc.) but never something like you describe.

jdub03

Can someone please explain to me in detail why camping is so bad. Besides you being annoyed that some guy chilling somewhere killed you, instead of him running around like an idiot. Modern Warfare's mechanics reward campers. If you don't like it tell IW to increase player health, decrease weapon damage and eliminate kill streaks(or go play halo and run and gun like an idiot). How do you expect someone to get kill streaks without some degree of camping. I'll take a camper on my team over an idiot runner who gets the other team 15 to 20 kills.

jdub03 said:
. How do you expect someone to get kill streaks without some degree of camping. .

Hey hold it now! I agree with everything you said but I never camp( I suck at camping, someone always slays me somehow) but I've managed to get some serious killstreaks going on! You'd be surprised what you can do in this game when you just infiltrate enemy territory instead of hiding. Of course, you can't care about k/d cuz your gonna fail a couple times (mine's 0.98) but just running up there with your akimbo models, rafficas, or magnums and you can do some serious damage, even if they are spawning around you.

mr_boo

jdub03 said:
Can someone please explain to me in detail why camping is so bad. Besides you being annoyed that some guy chilling somewhere killed you, instead of him running around like an idiot. Modern Warfare's mechanics reward campers. If you don't like it tell IW to increase player health, decrease weapon damage and eliminate kill streaks(or go play halo and run and gun like an idiot). How do you expect someone to get kill streaks without some degree of camping. I'll take a camper on my team over an idiot runner who gets the other team 15 to 20 kills.
To me a camper is literally someone who moves if and only if he/she dies and thus is forced to move due to a re-spawn. That is a pure camper and that's what most folks ought to be frustrated with - I think the labeling of "camper" get thrown around too easily. Some degree of camping is just normal defensive play...which is ok by me. I don't think I've been really frustrated by a camper in some time...I either ignore them or I effectively take them out.

I think though your comparison is off - you're comparing a camper to a bad player. I think a bad player will always be preferred the least as a teammate, which is nothing new.

mr_boo said:
To me a camper is literally someone who moves if and only if he/she dies and thus is forced to move due to a re-spawn. That is a pure camper and that's what most folks ought to be frustrated with - I think the labeling of "camper" get thrown around too easily. Some degree of camping is just normal defensive play...which is ok by me. I don't think I've been really frustrated by a camper in some time...I either ignore them or I effectively take them out.

I think though your comparison is off - you're comparing a camper to a bad player. I think a bad player will always be preferred the least as a teammate, which is nothing new.

Agreed. Defensive play is not camping.

Camping refers to the asshole who sits in a random dark corner with akimbo rangers and never, ever moves.

mr_boo

divisionbyzorro said:
Yeah, I think I've talked about this before, but the psychology of the high-level killstreaks is what's causing people to bitch so hard about cheap stuff. Remember CoD4 and W@W? Where a 7 killstreak was the highest that gave a reward? Now we have people who are starting their killstreaks at 7! It used to be that getting killed at a 5 streak wasn't so maddening because you'd already gotten a couple of bonuses. But now, if you play with high killstreak bonuses, nothing is more infuriating than a shotgun to the face on a 6-kill streak.
Agreed. I have to say though that since messing around with a Sniper Kit, my mindset has changed...I'm a lot less killstreak aware. I think it's cause sniping forces you to focus more on battle awareness, thus often times I get lost in my train of thought trying to find my next target. Sniping has made me a better player - especially in cases where I'm up against a sniper.

ShOcKwAvE

divisionbyzorro said:
Agreed. Defensive play is not camping.

Camping refers to the asshole who sits in a random dark corner with akimbo rangers and never, ever moves.

I would basically agree...if you're near a flag that your team holds and you stay in place, it's not camping, it's defense. It's when you lose the flag and decide not to get up and retake it that you're camping.

Top Bottom