• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
divisionbyzorro said:
Holding B and A is certainly possible, but if you lose B and have to start spawning at A, you're screwed. There is no entrance into B from A that isn't easily covered. You'll get easily picked off going across the parking lot, destroyed trying to come down the tunnel, and going down the middle through the forklift room is always murder. The Alpha spawn is so horrible on that map that it's literally impossible to break out against a well-organized team. The only way to successfully make it is to get your entire team to rush down the Alpha tunnel, go through the apartment and out into the playground to capture Charlie. Good luck organizing that kind of raid.

This pretty much holds true for any mode on Skidrow. If you have a team willing to hold down the side with the second story building with all the glass windows and the chain linked cargo area is pretty hard to lose.

Judgment

Neo Member
ACE 1991 said:
I would love to play in a large all gaf party- any want to start something tonight, maybe around 8 or 9pm EST?

Sounds hella fun. Either my brother or I will be on if for xbox
Edit: (GT: backflip10019)

Yeah, if we all play together tonight, we should do something ridiculous. Like get 6 of us together and only use speed SMG classes and rush and plant the bomb in Sabotage. It could be so incredible and we could win so many games so quickly that way. Let's do it, CoDGAF!

aku:jiki

divisionbyzorro said:
Holding B and A is certainly possible, but if you lose B and have to start spawning at A, you're screwed. There is no entrance into B from A that isn't easily covered. You'll get easily picked off going across the parking lot, destroyed trying to come down the tunnel, and going down the middle through the forklift room is always murder. The Alpha spawn is so horrible on that map that it's literally impossible to break out against a well-organized team. The only way to successfully make it is to get your entire team to rush down the Alpha tunnel, go through the apartment and out into the playground to capture Charlie. Good luck organizing that kind of raid.
In my opinion, it's the other way around! A is the impenetrable fortress if the other team has a camper on the 2nd floor there - if they have like 3, you're just fucked.

That doesn't matter as much for Domination, but in other modes... The bomb in Sabotage is right there in the camping line of sight, there's a HQ in there, etc. Skidrow is the worst map by far in many of these modes just because of that house. :/

Locking them into B in Dom is beautiful though. So many kills from just spraying the corridor. :lol

Belfast

Man, I feel like I'm beating a dead horse, but when a majority of your userbase is primarily using a certain type of gun, you know it needs to be fucking nerfed.

DOWN WITH THE UMP! Now, that's not the only gun, but clearly the worst offender at this point.

VaLiancY

Belfast said:
Man, I feel like I'm beating a dead horse, but when a majority of your userbase is primarily using a certain type of gun, you know it needs to be fucking nerfed.

DOWN WITH THE UMP! Now, that's not the only gun, but clearly the worst offender at this point.

Don't worry in MW3 it will be nerfed like whoa. As the CoD4 MP5 to the MW2 MP5k. :lol

Belfast

celestial body said:
So prestiging for the second time has made me realise how much my game relies on claymores and ninja pro so lvl 31 is pretty much the turning point, I suspect it's the same for people out there who haven't got amazing aim or twitch reflexes and can have a good time rushing. I found on the net the xp points both before and after this level and quickly worked out that you have 15% before that level and obviously 85% after, so that's really not as bad as I imagined.

Talking of the hit detection on the intervention:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VatZXcAP0C0
warning: plenty of bitching in that video.

I was playing with a couple of friends on Underpass (TDM) once and the game-winning kill-cam was similar. It wasn't a sniper rifle (probably an AR or SMG), but not ONCE did a bullet actually connect with the guy who was being shot. It's even more evident when it's being slowed down like that.

Everybody in the lobby was in total WTF mode.

aku:jiki said:
In my opinion, it's the other way around! A is the impenetrable fortress if the other team has a camper on the 2nd floor there - if they have like 3, you're just fucked.

That doesn't matter as much for Domination, but in other modes... The bomb in Sabotage is right there in the camping line of sight, there's a HQ in there, etc. Skidrow is the worst map by far in many of these modes just because of that house. :/

Locking them into B in Dom is beautiful though. So many kills from just spraying the corridor. :lol

You're right - if you're trying to defend Alpha, it's ridiculously easy. But if all you do is defend Alpha in a domination match, you lose at a 2:1 ratio. You have to hold two points, and trying to get out of Alpha to either Bravo or Charlie is next to impossible.

Mileena

Banned
Belfast said:

They didn't nerf the broken ass M16 in CoD4 or the MP5 so yea, that's not happening.

DoomGyver

HOLY shit balls, someone on the other team just hit me with a direct impact with a m203 then it bounced off of me and killed my teammate with a direct impact.

I wish I caught that with a capture card.

VaLiancY

Full Recovery said:
HOLY shit balls, someone on the other team just hit me with a direct impact with a m203 then it bounced off of me and killed my teammate with a direct impact.

I wish I caught that with a capture card.

More games should have a record option like Halo 3. I got killed by a long range knife deflection on Scrapyard. I was so pissed but it was so funny at the same time.

Dresden

I don't see very many UMPs, either. It's because it has the worst paint in the game. I get Fall for it and it almost never shows up because the camo's only in a little strip on the side of the gun. Ugly.

Mileena

Banned
Dresden said:
I don't see very many UMPs, either. It's because it has the worst paint in the game. I get Fall for it and it almost never shows up because the camo's only in a little strip on the side of the gun. Ugly.
What modes do you usually play? I only play hardcore SD and more than half of the people use UMPs.

corkscrewblow said:
What modes do you usually play? I only play hardcore SD and more than half of the people use UMPs.

Of course they do. The game isn't very well-balanced for hardcore. Half of the guns immediately become useless and a few become overpowered (UMP, FAL, etc).

Jrmint

VASPER said:
So who is excited for the new maps on tuesday? I am becasue Crash and Overgrown are some of my favorite COD4 maps.
Hell yea I'm excited, I'm very mapathetic atm :lol

Especially when Highrise comes up, I always let out a long sigh, or back out lol. It will be awesome to not see that map for a lonnnggg time.

I'm also excited for next weekend with the double xp :D

Visceir

divisionbyzorro said:

When I spawn at A I usually make my way trough the forklift room and get out from the other side, shoot at whoever is at the stairs and lob a grenade up on the second floor area to make sure no one's there and then make my way up the crates. From there you can either hide behinde the barrel to capture B or make your way down the window other side and capture C.

As time goes on it's becoming more and more difficult to actually get into games now and I'm really starting to miss dedicated servers.

Jhoan

Damn, that sounds like fun but I'm about to go outside for a bit. Are you guys gonna be on around 10pm? I have a bunch of GAFers on my FL but we never play together so I would love to do this. Hell if you could do it again tomorrow night it'd be cool. Anyway GT: Neoblaze181, send me a message or something. EDIT: I'm on right now send me an invite.

aku:jiki

I got the best Emergency Airdrop I've ever seen today...at the tail end of the 2nd round of Demolition, that my incompetent team just could not win. So I didn't get to use the AC130, Chopper Gunner (yes, both in one!), PaveLow and Predator. And I didn't use my Harrier or Predator from the original streak, so I had those too. I got 20 seconds of the AC because I realized that I was the only one who could survive for longer than 1 kill in the bomb area... Yeah, that sucked.

Give us at least a Mercenary Mosh Pit pleaaaaaaaaaase! So sick of my randoms being stomped by parties. :(

Dresden said:
I don't see very many UMPs, either.
Then you probably skip all your killcams... Most popular weapon in the game by far, and for good reason! It's insane at any range and in any situation. I've gotten pretty damn sick of the sound of a silenced UMP - it's all you ever hear when you play this game...

divisionbyzorro said:
You're right - if you're trying to defend Alpha, it's ridiculously easy. But if all you do is defend Alpha in a domination match, you lose at a 2:1 ratio. You have to hold two points, and trying to get out of Alpha to either Bravo or Charlie is next to impossible.
I dunno about that... My SMG/shotgun class can always take B (unless like 4 of them have decided to camp it hard). My favorite path is forklift room > crates > through window > green room > back and cap B if it looks clear, but running through the tunnel usually works for me too.

Mileena

Banned
divisionbyzorro said:
Of course they do. The game isn't very well-balanced for hardcore. Half of the guns immediately become useless and a few become overpowered (UMP, FAL, etc).
I wouldn't say half of them. Any gun that is fine in regular is fine in hardcore. Plus, playing hardcore makes the ACR actually worth using.

I'm resigned to trading this in next week for some other stuff. Nevertheless, I thought I'd have some fun with it while I still have it. I decided to try out the F2000, the so-called worst AR. I love it! Good w/o and attachments and just a silencer, close range etc... I think it gets a bad rep what with the stats and all, but it isn't exactly hard to point and shoot the thing if you keep the burst down. It really pisses people off online when you use it :lol

Dresden

corkscrewblow said:
All I play is regular Ground War, Demolition, or Domination so that's probably why. I see the SCAR more than the UMP.

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
Sup dudes. Looking to get this for my PS3.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00269QLH4/

I live in Japan and don't feel like waiting 3 goddamned weeks for Play-Asia and saw Amazon has this, but it is the "Asian" version.

Anyone know if it is full English or if it is like the Japanese version (dubbed over, Japanese menus, etc)? Otherwise I'll just import a US one.

Tamanon

Banned
Speaking of alternate language, I wouldn't mind if Paybacks were called Vengeance like in one of those highlights videos(I think it was French). That's just cooler.

Ovid

This is crazy. I was all for shelling out $15 for the Stimulus Pack but not after this crap.

15nwpar.jpg

Sorry IW, you need to fix your broke ass game.

EDIT: Wow, that cellphone pic came out pretty good. :lol

ZZMitch

tarius1210 said:
OMG...I saw a nuke in a Care Package!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: It happened a again!!!!!!!!

What's going on here?
Jesus that has to be the biggest hack ive seen so far.

Much more game breaking then anything else... damn.

tarius1210 said:
Sorry IW, you need to fix your broke ass game.

EDIT: Wow, that cellphone pic came out pretty good. :lol

As has been said before, this comes from JTagged XBox 360s. If a modded 360 becomes host, it can modify any game setting it wants, which clearly includes the drop table for the care package. Blame Microsoft for their broke-ass console.

EDIT: And this is nothing new. I'm pretty sure I've seen YouTube videos of nukes in care packages since just about a month after launch. If it happens to you, dashboard out of the game (since you don't deserve to have that shit play into your ratios), clear your cache, and hop back in. Hopefully IW can fix this as easily as they fixed the super-speed lobbies.

Top Bottom