• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

It was Estate, and they were all running up the side by the power stuff. Probably because we were picking them off the last two times they tried attacking the side of the house. :lol

kuYuri

F8AL said:

Thanks for posting this. I know a bunch of people were wondering this questions as well:

The last time we spoke a few months back, we politely hassled you about including a bare-bones playlist. Has there been any movement in this respect?

It’s something that I’ve been personally advocating and I know it’s something that our community wants to see. Right now it’s not on the cards to do, but it’s definitely something I’d like to see added in the future. We’re always looking at new ways we can mix up the playlist.

careful

divisionbyzorro said:
Friends only chat, bro. It's the only way I roll.

Yes, I know that there are time that it restricts me unnecessarily, but I'd rather avoid the shitty lobby drama. I suppose I could just mute the obnoxious ones, but I don't have the patience for all that.
We don't have that luxury on PS3, so you have to develop fast as fuck muting reflexes.
If there was a lobby muting tournament, I would feel confident finishing top 3 worldwide. :D

Also, lots of COD hate in that locked Reach thread. I think a lot of those people dissing the XP system never actually played COD4 or MW2. You start out with some of the best weapons right off the bat.

Ovid

careful said:
We don't have that luxury on PS3, so you have to develop fast as fuck muting reflexes.
If there was a lobby muting tournament, I would feel confident finishing top 3 worldwide. :D
It's funny, I always mute people on the PS3 but when I play the 360 I hardly ever do. Why do people on the PS3 always play music through their headset? I've never seen this done on the Xbox.

Foliorum Viridum said:
It was Estate, and they were all running up the side by the power stuff. Probably because we were picking them off the last two times they tried attacking the side of the house. :lol
Estate, one of my favorite maps at launch. Then I finally realized how terribly unbalanced it is. Horrible, horrible map.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
careful said:
Also, lots of COD hate in that locked Reach thread. I think a lot of those people dissing the XP system never actually played COD4 or MW2. You start out with some of the best weapons right off the bat.

Yeah the SCAR is the only gun I need and you get it at level 5.

tarius1210 said:
Estate, one of my favorite maps at launch. Then I finally realized how terribly unbalanced it is. Horrible, horrible map.

I love Estate. Everyone seems to want to hold down the house. Which is cool with me because I'll take all the free kills every time someone steps in front of a window.

DoomGyver

Estate would be a lot better if there was a stone wall or any type of cover when you're climbing the rocks going towards the greenhouse. I get tubed taking that path all of the time, and if I go the route with the boathouse you just get stuck at a choke point if the other teams snipers are worth a damn. And of course going straight towards the estate's front windows is just suicide.

I throw a lot of smokes when I play estate.

careful

Full Recovery said:
Estate would be a lot better if there was a stone wall or any type of cover when you're climbing the rocks going towards the greenhouse. I get tubed taking that path all of the time, and if I go the route with the boathouse you just get stuck at a choke point if the other teams snipers are worth a damn. And of course going straight towards the estate's front windows is just suicide.

Drop a Tactical Insertion in the basement -> own the house

Seanspeed

Banned
careful said:
Drop a Tactical Insertion in the basement -> own the house
I love that entranceway down there. But thats also why whenever my team is controlling the house, I've *always* got a claymore at the top of the stairs. :D

Nizz

I've been using the Barret lately and having a lot of fun with it. But it's annoying when somebody pretty much snipes you from across the map with a PP2000. Even most Assault rifles are great at seemingly the same distances as Sniper rifles. I can see why people would go with Assault rifles altogether and not bother with Sniper rifles.

If there were something more to the Sniper rifles. Maybe making them just a little bit more powerful?

Mileena

Banned
Linkhero1 said:
Just wanted to say thanks. I'm using this and I'm doing way better than I've been doing before.
That's because the UMP is the best and the silenced TAR is the only gun that comes close.

mr_boo

fps fanatic said:
I've been using the Barret lately and having a lot of fun with it. But it's annoying when somebody pretty much snipes you from across the map with a PP2000. Even most Assault rifles are great at seemingly the same distances as Sniper rifles. I can see why people would go with Assault rifles altogether and not bother with Sniper rifles.

If there were something more to the Sniper rifles. Maybe making them just a little bit more powerful?
After using the Barret, I'm finding it's better than the Intervention, so I'm a Barret fan too. I think the advantage of sniper rifles over any other weapon is that the sniper rifles are able to take out moving targets from long distance. The AR and other weapons can indeed kill from distance, but those targets have to be mostly static. One other advantage that's easily overlooked is the camo - performance wise against other weapons, it has nothing to do primary weapon vs primary weapon, but that camo is one the more notable advantages of being a sniper simply for its concealment characteristics.

Voltron64

Last night I was playing an average team deathmatch on derail, everything was normal until my screen turned black and I was dumped into a random game on Skidrow for no apparent reason. If that's not weird enough my game was tripping balls on a good bit of acid. The graphics were all distorted with weird colors. Has this happened to anyone else? I though my xbox was screwed but I just restarted and played the rest of the night with no problems.

Quick cell phone vid I took after I was dumped into the skidrow match...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M0hLEg-a48

VaLiancY

Voltron64 said:
Last night I was playing an average team deathmatch on derail, everything was normal until my screen turned black and I was dumped into a random game on Skidrow for no apparent reason. If that's not weird enough my game was tripping balls on a good bit of acid. The graphics were all distorted with weird colors. Has this happened to anyone else? I though my xbox was screwed but I just restarted and played the rest of the night with no problems.

Quick cell phone vid I took after I was dumped into the skidrow match...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M0hLEg-a48

So that's what happen. I think that's when we loaded up Highrise and I went like "What the fuck is this shit?" Shame, we're rolling on those guys on derail.

Sorry I had to bail, I had the worst chest pain of my life.

aku:jiki

Continuing the team hatred yet again, I saw two of the dumbest things I've seen yet today. First, I was in a match with z4m on Estate. We were owning the objectives like we do and someone on our team launched an AC-130. I die and flip through spectating the other guys, until I come across a teammate who...IS HIDING FROM OUR AC! You better believe I started yelling at him. :lol

Later on, I saw a teammate try to shoot a Chopper Gunner with...wait for it...his SPAS. Please kill me now. :(

Full Recovery said:

Sorry bro, but you're doing it wrong. You're overlooking the best path. The valley that leads up to the house is all covered with trees - you don't even have very good line of sight with thermal on so none of the snipers bother and keep their eyes firmly locked at the C or B houses. It's a very safe path - I basically never get killed there.

The best two paths are either to take the valley to the big frontal window overlooking B (you can climb through it), or to take the valley up to the back of the house and climb the logs, use the windows to take frontal window campers and then climb into the upper floor and shotgun spree it.

cameltoe said:
thats not possible in S&D...you cannot call in an airstrike of any kind at the start of a round. There is a 5 second wait
It's 8 seconds and that doesn't mean that the other team can't be stupid, because, oh boy, the people in this game are well versed in the art of being a fucking moron.

aku:jiki

Despite all my rants, today was the first time I had to fight really hard to stop myself from snapping the disc in half... With just 20 seconds left in the round, I came up behind the entire enemy team as they were all staring at my entire team except me. Two guys were firing out a window, one guy was right beside them in prone and two of them were running toward the HQ but were very close. I started giggling like a teenage girl who just ran into her crush at the mall and thought I was about to get my sweetest montage moment yet.

Cue absolutely insane lag spike. Round ends. Zero kills for me. Fuck you, Infinity Ward. :(

Had a crazy time playing MW2. Last 2 days had been going horribly and I was considering staying away from MW2 for a bit. Decide to play today and it starts going bad but then I become the host, in a game where virtually no one shot down aircraft. I think I got 5 Chopper Gunners and an AC-130 over a stretch of games. Which for me is pretty incredible. Pretty much anytime I got to 5 kills (Pred - Harrier) I was guaranteed a CG.

Urgh. Killstreaks really do mess up your psychology. I shouldn't be mad about averaging 1.6 K/D in a session. But I can be pissed about getting Harriers six times tonight, and being killed immediately afterwards. Ugh. Three more EMPs and I'm going back to UAVs and Jammers.

By the way, who was it recommending the M1014 shotgun? That thing is a little devil! I don't think it unseats the SPAS as my favorite shotgun, but it certainly gives it a run for its money. :lol

aku:jiki said:
Continuing the team hatred yet again, I saw two of the dumbest things I've seen yet today. First, I was in a match with z4m on Estate. We were owning the objectives like we do and someone on our team launched an AC-130. I die and flip through spectating the other guys, until I come across a teammate who...IS HIDING FROM OUR AC! You better believe I started yelling at him. :lol

Later on, I saw a teammate try to shoot a Chopper Gunner with...wait for it...his SPAS. Please kill me now. :(

Funniest shit ive read :lol

Maximus.

One thing id love is if the party leader quits the matchmaking screen, it should show an option for the other members if they want to head back out. Also, ps3 neeeeeeeds party chat, it would be more convenient than muting everyone :/

aku:jiki said:

Believe it or not, I've seen that before. SPAS, FAL, Magnums - you name it, some dipshit will try to shoot a Harrier with it. Ugh.

And they always seem to be on my team. :lol

OMGLOL A LLAMA

Neo Member
divisionbyzorro said:
Believe it or not, I've seen that before. SPAS, FAL, Magnums - you name it, some dipshit will try to shoot a Harrier with it. Ugh.

And they always seem to be on my team. :lol
I shoot the choppers with my magnums, to get them to start shotting at me at which point i switch to riotshield and soak up the bullets :D You can also destroy a chopper after 1 rpg rocket with pretty much any gun.

YoungHav said:
Is it true that the "new" junkyard map was in the early multiplayer videos b4 the game was released?

Wouldn't be surprising. Lets not act as if most companies don't work on DLC before the game is even out. Not to mention it could have simply been cut due to time restraints. Hell wasn't data and pieces of every World at War DLC map found on the disc of the PC version of that game?

Voltron64

VaLiancY said:
So that's what happen. I think that's when we loaded up Highrise and I went like "What the fuck is this shit?" Shame, we're rolling on those guys on derail.

Sorry I had to bail, I had the worst chest pain of my life.
Yeah I don't know what the hell happened. I thought I was going crazy for a second there. Worst chest pain of you life? You ok?

You need to get a new mic.

Najaf

With the upcoming double xp weekend that will follow the new map releases, I was curious as to what you all have settled on regarding prestiging. I prestiged once to unlock the exclusive challenges and have my weapon kills tracked to a higher number.

I figured I could get pretty far into the third prestige once this double xp weekend hits. I have a few prestige weapon challenges very near an xp dump (i.e. with one more FAL kill, I'll grab 10k xp) I have begun to set these up, getting within a few kills for each weapon so that when the weekend hits, all those will magically turn into 20k hits.

As I approach this though, I can't help but feel that voice in my head asking; why? Why prestige? I won't earn anything. Battlefield is already taking over as my preferred shooter and I'll likely only put in chunks of time to MW2 for new maps when they hit.

Are you guys still prestiging? Is it the RPG grind/unlock feeling that keeps you going? Does it give your gaming sessions a 'purpose'?

Admittedly, I am a bit curious to see if I could hit a whole prestige in one weekend. I suppose it is that, more than anything, that would push me to take the dive.

kuYuri

Najaf said:
With the upcoming double xp weekend that will follow the new map releases, I was curious as to what you all have settled on regarding prestiging. I prestiged once to unlock the exclusive challenges and have my weapon kills tracked to a higher number.

I figured I could get pretty far into the third prestige once this double xp weekend hits. I have a few prestige weapon challenges very near an xp dump (i.e. with one more FAL kill, I'll grab 10k xp) I have begun to set these up, getting within a few kills for each weapon so that when the weekend hits, all those will magically turn into 20k hits.

As I approach this though, I can't help but feel that voice in my head asking; why? Why prestige? I won't earn anything. Battlefield is already taking over as my preferred shooter and I'll likely only put in chunks of time to MW2 for new maps when they hit.

Are you guys still prestiging? Is it the RPG grind/unlock feeling that keeps you going? Does it give your gaming sessions a 'purpose'?

Admittedly, I am a bit curious to see if I could hit a whole prestige in one weekend. I suppose it is that, more than anything, that would push me to take the dive.

Double XP doesn't work like that dude. If it's anything like past double XP weekends, you only get it for kills and assists. That's it.

Najaf

Strider2K99 said:
Double XP doesn't work like that dude. If it's anything like past double XP weekends, you only get it for kills and assists. That's it.

Well that made my decision really easy. Also, I am sitting at 790/1000 care packages dropped. We wouldn't want to prestige without getting that pretty little title now would we? Thanks for the heads up.

kuYuri

Some released screenshots of Stimulus Package DLC:

o94oyf.jpg

nlrax1.jpg

r06p9i.jpg

2s61n9t.jpg

au9kkp.jpg

tiddles

Strider2K99 said:
Some released screenshots of Stimulus Package DLC

I love staged MP screenshots - "Right, you go over there, and you... stand over there. Everybody ready? Now... Shoot at the walls!"

Jrmint

Strider2K99 said:
Match bonuses are doubled as well I believe.

tiddles said:
I love staged MP screenshots - "Right, you go over there, and you... stand over there. Everybody ready? Now... Shoot at the walls!"

I guess it's asking too much to get direct feed of a decent player playing a full round (6-8mins) on each of the new maps.

Xux

Love that three handed L86. Also, like how the barrel of the grenade launcher (and the shotgun attachment) extends past the barrel of the FAMAS (and the other bullpup ARs).

<3 Silly lookin' guns.

ZZMitch

What do you guys think is that best gametype for getting the most XP?

I am thinking it is S&D... I have really only been playing Team Deathmatch, but I tried some S&D (played it a bunch in CoD4/WaW) and it seems like faster xp (and drastically different gameplay as well)...

On a related note, in S&D, do killstreaks carry over through rounds, or is anything about a predator missile practically useless.

Rayme said:
The next time IW invents an Internet, you will be consulted.

Careful...you're gonna get nowhere around here like that :lol

Actually -I do have a question for you. How do you guys actually do matchmaking? I mean - seriously. When I hop into a Mercenary Team Deathmatch and am the only player on my team to go positive 6 games in a row, is that just because I got that unlucky or because the game thinks I'm some sort of god? I'm starting to really hate playing with pubbies because I can't get the good guys on my team!

I played Domination earlier, on Invasion. I did okay - not great, and was fifth in the lobby after the game. The top four had been mixed up between the two sides, so they weren't in a party. So why the hell did the top four players get put on the same team the next game? I had to (try to) carry my team the next game and utterly failed (of course). There's only so much one guy can do, you know.

Ugh. Maybe that's why SeaNanners plays FFA so much.

ZZMitch said:
What do you guys think is that best gametype for getting the most XP?

I am thinking it is S&D... I have really only been playing Team Deathmatch, but I tried some S&D (played it a bunch in CoD4/WaW) and it seems like faster xp (and drastically different gameplay as well)...

On a related note, in S&D, do killstreaks carry over through rounds, or is anything about a predator missile practically useless.

If you're on a good team, Demolition is probably the best because the match bonuses tend to be pretty insane. I personally hate S&D, but that's just me.

Top Bottom