• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

zam

roosters93 said:
Flamethrowers?
JbMad.gif

Damaged

divisionbyzorro said:
Actually -I do have a question for you. How do you guys actually do matchmaking? I mean - seriously. When I hop into a Mercenary Team Deathmatch and am the only player on my team to go positive 6 games in a row, is that just because I got that unlucky or because the game thinks I'm some sort of god? I'm starting to really hate playing with pubbies because I can't get the good guys on my team!

I played Domination earlier, on Invasion. I did okay - not great, and was fifth in the lobby after the game. The top four had been mixed up between the two sides, so they weren't in a party. So why the hell did the top four players get put on the same team the next game? I had to (try to) carry my team the next game and utterly failed (of course). There's only so much one guy can do, you know.

This a thousand times, so fed up of trying to pull back a losing match with the enitre oppostion being godlike and me being lumped in with people who appear to have been born without thumbs.

Dont get me wrong, there are times it makes me feel pretty damn good to be the top of our team, but its a shallow victory when I realise that im not that good and its just that the other players on my team are being fed by their home help as they play.

VaLiancY

Voltron64 said:
Yeah I don't know what the hell happened. I thought I was going crazy for a second there. Worst chest pain of you life? You ok?

You need to get a new mic.

Yeah I'll get a new mic within a week and I had the some mega bad acid reflux.

Got my 6th nuke today, I think that is my third in past 12 days. 4 more to go and then I can finally go batfuck insane with the killstreaks. Also closing in on getting all the challenges: got Group Hug yesterday and Ultimate Sacrifice today.

Damaged said:
This a thousand times, so fed up of trying to pull back a losing match with the enitre oppostion being godlike and me being lumped in with people who appear to have been born without thumbs.

Dont get me wrong, there are times it makes me feel pretty damn good to be the top of our team, but its a shallow victory when I realise that im not that good and its just that the other players on my team are being fed by their home help as they play.

In my last MDTM game, I went 15-8. Not great, but servicable. The next player on my team was freakin' 12 and 25. He alone counted for one third of their score. It was a hair rippingly frustrating game.

I think most people don't understand that the key to this game isn't just good reflexes and aim. It's working as a team to establish map control. It's knowing which side of the map is preferable and setting up a solid perimeter. Take Skidrow for example. I can immediately tell which of my teammates are good and which aren't simply by who tries to take Alpha. And on Highrise, if I'm the only one rushing Bravo (out the middle window, of course), I can tell it's going to be a long game.

I want to see one of those commentators do a series on map control sometime. We gotta teach these scrubs how the game was meant to be played.

jedimike

I got the "Domino Effect" achievement and I really can't even explain how it happened. It was in scrapyard on an FFA match and me and an enemy both fired our newb toobs at eachother. Everything appeared as if we just killed eachother, but the achievement unlocked.

Best I can figure is that our grenades hit eachother in mid-air and bounced back in perfect trajectory... I would have thought it would be a suicide since I really killed myself with my own grenade, but since it hit another explosive device it gave me (and him) the kill.

It just amazes me when the physics engine and logic engine work together to give you that "know f'in way" experience. :)

domination sucks, I feel like the only reason it's played is because people watch youtube videos and every nuke happens on domination
jedimike said:
I got the "Domino Effect" achievement and I really can't even explain how it happened. It was in scrapyard on an FFA match and me and an enemy both fired our newb toobs at eachother. Everything appeared as if we just killed eachother, but the achievement unlocked.

Best I can figure is that our grenades hit eachother in mid-air and bounced back in perfect trajectory... I would have thought it would be a suicide since I really killed myself with my own grenade, but since it hit another explosive device it gave me (and him) the kill.

It just amazes me when the physics engine and logic engine work together to give you that "know f'in way" experience. :)

maybe there was just a c4 or claymore that you didn't see.

ShOcKwAvE

JustHadToJoin said:
domination sucks, I feel like the only reason it's played is because people watch youtube videos and every nuke happens on domination

LOL, Domination is the only mode I play because it makes the game about territory and not simply killing people ala TDM.

cameltoe

divisionbyzorro said:
In my last MDTM game, I went 15-8. Not great, but servicable. The next player on my team was freakin' 12 and 25. He alone counted for one third of their score. It was a hair rippingly frustrating game.

I think most people don't understand that the key to this game isn't just good reflexes and aim. It's working as a team to establish map control. It's knowing which side of the map is preferable and setting up a solid perimeter. Take Skidrow for example. I can immediately tell which of my teammates are good and which aren't simply by who tries to take Alpha. And on Highrise, if I'm the only one rushing Bravo (out the middle window, of course), I can tell it's going to be a long game.

I want to see one of those commentators do a series on map control sometime. We gotta teach these scrubs how the game was meant to be played.

Maybe most people dont take the game as serious as you do?

All you guys I think complain too much, from team not being balanced, to knifers, to killstreaks <---- Okay, the killstreaks complains I get because they are valid, but again, you have stingers, use em'.

The only real complain I have is definitely people that abuse grenade launchers, those fuckers annoy and piss me off to death. I mean, nothing like you spotting him first and your line of sight is right on him and your firing but right before you could kill him, he fires a grenade launcher and your dead. Fuck.

Also, another thing that pisses me off, snipers. The reason I hate them, is the osk. It's annoying when they are running around, quick scoping with either the (intervention or barrett) and shooting you and boom, osk. Or from like 3 fucking miles away, osk again. Ugh.

But aside from those, nothing really bothers me in this game. I play ffa, and mercenary tdm a lot. And I just play with whoever is in my team, if my team sucks, I'll just play harder and try my best. Usually, I try and think that my team doesn't suck and more the fact that everyone is just having their worst games/bad day, you know. Besides, I play the game for fun! And I also tend to think in most of my team games, everyone has a fair chance, not =, but fair.

And my killstreaks during team games, I run very low killstreaks as I think they are the most useful to my team and the most reliable to me. Uav ---> Counter-uav ----> Predator missile. This for mercenary tdm. But for ffa games, I run a bit more higher killstreaks. Predator missile ---> Harrier ----> Pave low.

I have 5 different classes setup. I have no time to list em' all because I'm working now and I'm busy but will edit my post later once work is done and post up my different classes setups.

My k/d ratio is around 1.20++++.

Accuracy, 29 %.

Winning ratio is, 0.30++, it's hovering around there.

So yeah, the game is fun and addciting.

Getting to the 3rd prestige soon.

All you complainers, should stop complaining and just play the game for fun sometimes. Yes, I do rage quit and get mad, really mad at a few games that I play in. Those days, or games that nothing is going your way but you just keep playing to have that 1 good game before you quit, just to make sure that your not actually that bad. Lol.

Anyways, just thought I'd post up in this thread, lol.

I play on the Ps3, and my name is StealthSS_D.

jedimike

tarius1210 said:
Damn, your W/L ratio is terrible. I know quits and disconnects count as losses, but damn dude.
:lol :lol

Thats what happens when you play a lot of FFA. Mine is .34 and I play mostly FFA with a spattering of HTDM and MTDM.

Yeah, I know but oh well. Anyways, what does it matter? As long as I have fun. I would lvoe my win/loss ratio to be higher but I'm not an exceptional player so that's not going to happen, but I am decent. Like my win/loss ratio before this was worst, horrible, like in the 0.19 and stuff, so it has been going up steadily man!

Give it time and soon, it will be up there soon enough. Like a 1/1 win/loss ration.

Yeah!

I don't know if some of you might have played me before but if you did, give me a shout!

Dresden

W/L ratio usually will hover around 1.0 if you don't play with many friends. In WaW I played with nothing but my buddies and my ratio was like 3.0+, but in MW2 it's down to .8 since I'm usually playing with randoms and I leave so many matches (if I get tossed into a 2000-8000 losing match and the enemy has a chopper gunner and a harrier up, I'm gone).

That said, w/l is worthless. What are you trying to prove, be a pubstar hero?

Dresden said:
W/L ratio usually will hover around 1.0 if you don't play with many friends. In WaW I played with nothing but my buddies and my ratio was like 3.0+, but in MW2 it's down to .8 since I'm usually playing with randoms and I leave so many matches (if I get tossed into a 2000-8000 losing match and the enemy has a chopper gunner and a harrier up, I'm gone).

That said, w/l is worthless. What are you trying to prove, be a pubstar hero?

I typically play alone and quit a lot so my W/L ratio is pretty rubbish, winning games doesnt mean much to me in CoD though - the points bonus isnt quite worth it, I would much rather have fun and get points for getting kills than play it safe and go for the win.

Rubenov

Is anyone else playing 3rd person exclusively? Between CoD 4 MW1 and MW2 I burned out on the 1st person COD style... 3rd person is pretty good and feels almost like a whole other game.

If they give me 3rd person Mercenary Team Deathmatch I'll get a few more months of play out of this game.

Dresden

Rubenov said:
Is anyone else playing 3rd person exclusively? Between CoD 4 MW1 and MW2 I burned out on the 1st person COD style... 3rd person is pretty good and feels almost like a whole other game.

If they give me 3rd person Mercenary Team Deathmatch I'll get a few more months of play out of this game.
I played a few matches. Gave up when half the people were camping around corners with 1887s, tilting the camera so they could see who was coming.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
divisionbyzorro said:

HAHA happens all the time. Last night I went 23-5 and thought my team was doing well. We ended up losing by 20 kills. The rest of my team had 30 kills. The rest of my team had 26 combined.

I don't worry about wins and losses though. I've probably got at least 100 due to being thrown in on a losing team at the end of a match. Probably an equal amount from quitting matches due to shitty connections or to join a friends party.

Rubenov said:

One of the many modes I've never even tried.

divisionbyzorro said:
Ugh, I know what you mean. I was playing TDM earlier today and two kids on my team went 4-25 and 8-23. The two of them accounted for 48 deaths. 48 DEATHS! There should be a separate playlist for people whose K/D is under 1.

FUCK. THIS. GAME.

*RAGE*

I hate shooting an enemy right in the face with a SPAS, he makes the lunge and stabs you, you watch the kill cam, you didn't even shoot once.. :mad:

Dresden

backflip10019 said:
Ugh, I know what you mean. I was playing TDM earlier today and two kids on my team went 4-25 and 8-23. The two of them accounted for 48 deaths. 48 DEATHS! There should be a separate playlist for people whose K/D is under 1.
Unless it just locked out people who were over that KDR, it'd be awfully open to abuse. I like the idea though, let the terrible players have fun and not get dominated.

But it would never happen because half the appeal of MW2 for most people is getting massive killstreaks by farming terrible players. Every time you win a TDM match, chances are there were people on the other team who got farmed, and farmed hard.

Dresden said:
Unless it just locked out people who were over that KDR, it'd be awfully open to abuse. I like the idea though, let the terrible players have fun and not get dominated.

But it would never happen because half the appeal of MW2 for most people is getting massive killstreaks by farming terrible players. Every time you win a TDM match, chances are there were people on the other team who got farmed, and farmed hard.

Yeah; I remember how horrible it was when W@W's Boot Camp playlist got glitched and anyone could get into it. I felt bad for the newbies who were locked into that playlist only...

rezuth

Wow, tactical insertion is great when you are playing objective based games. Can't believe I have never used it before :lol

snack

Who here plays a lot of Domination on MW2 (360)? I need some friends so please feel free to add me. :)

Gamertag: The Japanator

AEGISX

Banned
Patrick Bateman said:
FUCK. THIS. GAME.

*RAGE*

I hate shooting an enemy right in the face with a SPAS, he makes the lunge and stabs you, you watch the kill cam, you didn't even shoot once.. :mad:
stop using shotguns, they are lame. use commando and tactical knifes, they are pro

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
:D Just got my tenth nuke! :D

any tips on what killstreaks I should have on now?

I'm going with predator, harrier & pavelow

although I guess I could go predator, harrier & Chopper Gunner.

so many decisions!

quadrax1s

Neo Member
There's this 8 year old boy who keeps following my clan around in TDM. I think MW2 turned him into a potty mouth because now he keeps calling everyone "fucking faggots." :lol

I think his kdr is at .05 or something. Poor kid. It took him forever to get his first kill.

Anyone else think that if you have a high KD they mess you around by respawning guys you just killed right behind you?

That's how it's started to feel of late. Enemies spawning nowhere near the rest of their team but instead in a perfect spot where they can get to me within 5 seconds of respawning. Such BS if there is something in this.

i_am_ben said:
:D Just got my tenth nuke! :D

any tips on what killstreaks I should have on now?

I'm going with predator, harrier & pavelow

although I guess I could go predator, harrier & Chopper Gunner.

so many decisions!
If you're anywhere near it then go for spectre IV, then you can have a pro emblem to show off and the rest of the lobby will crap their pants. or something.

Only 698 kills to go! :/

After days of playing I still don't get why people use anything else but the Barret as a sniper rifle. I don't wanna even talk about the WA2000 or the M21 EBR, but why do they still use the Intervention? The mag is way too small, it's swinging left and right after one shot, it's not semi automatic etc.

WHY?

Mush

Patrick Bateman said:
After days of playing I still don't get why people use anything else but the Barret as a sniper rifle. I don't wanna even talk about the WA2000 or the M21 EBR, but why do they still use the Intervention? The mag is way too small, it's swinging left and right after one shot, it's not semi automatic etc.

WHY?
The sound it makes. :p

Pulka

Patrick Bateman said:

WHY?
The sound.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Patrick Bateman said:

WHY?

its got mad aim assist which helps them get kills even when they miss. thats why all these quick scopers use the intervention. aim in general direction, hit somewhere near, usually get a kill.

So prestiging for the second time has made me realise how much my game relies on claymores and ninja pro so lvl 31 is pretty much the turning point, I suspect it's the same for people out there who haven't got amazing aim or twitch reflexes and can have a good time rushing. I found on the net the xp points both before and after this level and quickly worked out that you have 15% before that level and obviously 85% after, so that's really not as bad as I imagined.

Talking of the hit detection on the intervention:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VatZXcAP0C0
warning: plenty of bitching in that video.

NIN90 said:
Because kill cams are not actually synced 1:1 with the game play. We already had this in CoD2. Good job on being 4 years too late.

The kill cam should be what the host saw. The host should not have granted a hit on that.

The killcam most likely just bugged, I am pretty sure that the killer was pretty much on target anyway...

but the real problem is that I am sure Intervention is somewhat bugged when no scoping. It seems that it was pretty much 0 spread if you even press L1/LT just before shooting. I think that the spread should only be de-activated after the scope is fully visible :/

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
been saying it for ages, intervention is flat out broken, why do you think every hot shot sniper seems to use it? cos they tried them all and get the best results with the intervention, the sniper which logic says should be the worst. it has to make up for its obvious shortcomings by having a magic aim assist.

lag related deaths, I hate these as much as the next guy but its the way the world is, if two of you get into a lag lottery, you can't hate on anyone for you losing that battle. winners avoid the lottery completely, once you've got into that kind of range, consider yourself a dead man walking and if you manage to survive, you got lucky. thats how I see these things.

divisionbyzorro said:

interesting that so many people feel this way. I reckon the game is flexible enough for anything to be possible really. it all depends if your team is good enough. If so, there's no reason why you couldnt hold B and A on skidrow. Actually I think that would be easier than holding B and C.

you could easily find yourself in a big standoff at B on highrise. I've captured B early before but because its so open it was quickly captured by the other team and recaptured and so on. I've had other games where no one could take it for ages because teams were cagey and careful. both tactics are viable. if you rush B thinking its the superior tactic, couldnt someone on the opposite team camp B knowing full well enemies will run there for easy kills?

I do agree that understanding these things make people better players and team members though. Things like only capturing 2 flags and defending rather than trying to capture all 3 and inevitably losing some or finding yourself under fire from all angles.

there's so much moaning in this thread, a lot of it from me, but why haven't we set up like a regular COD GAF session?

kaizoku said:
interesting that so many people feel this way. I reckon the game is flexible enough for anything to be possible really. it all depends if your team is good enough. If so, there's no reason why you couldnt hold B and A on skidrow. Actually I think that would be easier than holding B and C.

Holding B and A is certainly possible, but if you lose B and have to start spawning at A, you're screwed. There is no entrance into B from A that isn't easily covered. You'll get easily picked off going across the parking lot, destroyed trying to come down the tunnel, and going down the middle through the forklift room is always murder. The Alpha spawn is so horrible on that map that it's literally impossible to break out against a well-organized team. The only way to successfully make it is to get your entire team to rush down the Alpha tunnel, go through the apartment and out into the playground to capture Charlie. Good luck organizing that kind of raid.

Top Bottom