• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

VaLiancY

I'm more on objective person myself and I try to play Domination but there is some issues which just kill me, the people who play the game for killstreaks, not the objectives and the issue of being locked in a spawn which happens when your down a flag. Highrise Domination is the biggest offender of being locked in a spawn.

bluehat9 said:
Got my 10th nuke yesterday. Now I don't know what to do. :lol

Do you have all the other killstreak emblems?

I'm 1 away from AC-130, 2 away from EMP, and have yet to call in a single attack heli or Pave Low (aside from getting them randomly in care packages). I have all the other emblems though (nuke took me almost all of my first prestige to get...I wasted so much time on that stupid emblem - and nobody respects it anyway! :lol )

No_Style

RB: ...like we're tweaking the one-man-army perk and how that works a little bit - balancing that a little more. But we're also adding in some match-making functionality for the 360 version that will help our international players quite a bit in finding more locally hosted games for them and I know that's a big request from our Australian players. That will actually be going in on the patch just prior to the DLC.

Why did it take them so long to address all of this? A patch prior to the DLC? Are they using this patch as some kind of marketing scheme?

"Hey guys! We fixed matchmaking and tweaked OMA! Come back and play, and while you're here, buy our $15 map pack too!"

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Meier said:
I am seriously considering buying the map pack even though I said I wouldn't... the footage on Inside Xbox was pretty badass.

Ditto.

I love MW2 so much and IW is one of my favorite devs, but damn it, it's 1200 MS points! I don't want to be part of the problem. :-(

Decisions, decisions...

No_Style said:
Why did it take them so long to address all of this? A patch prior to the DLC? Are they using this patch as some kind of marketing scheme?

"Hey guys! We fixed matchmaking and tweaked OMA! Come back and play, and while you're here, buy our $15 map pack too!"

The Aussie local search patch is just hubris on their part. They were so damn confident that their matchmaking was so good that you wouldn't need it.

The OMA tweak has got to be harder. How do you nerf the grenade launcher abuse without making legitimate uses of the perk useless? My regular gaming buddy had a great idea which I liked - put a time limit between class switches. Say, 30 seconds. Yes, you can still toss infinite grenades. But is it really worth it when you can only toss four grenades every minute?

Or you can just say that OMA won't refill grenade launchers. Nice and simple. :lol I'm very very interested to see what they'll be doing.

Ovid

divisionbyzorro said:
Do you have all the other killstreak emblems?

I'm 1 away from AC-130, 2 away from EMP, and have yet to call in a single attack heli or Pave Low (aside from getting them randomly in care packages). I have all the other emblems though (nuke took me almost all of my first prestige to get...I wasted so much time on that stupid emblem - and nobody respects it anyway! :lol )
That's exactly why I never use the nuke emblem, prestiged for a third time on the PS3 or prestiged at all on the 360.

Dresden

I have all the emblems except for the Precision Airstrike and EMP... I just don't like the EMP, chances are if I got the EMP I'll probably get the nuke anyways, so I never use it.

I'm going to be that guy and ask roughly when the map pack is going to drop tomorrow (GMT)? Or is it not a specified time and whenever IW feel like pressing the big red button?

I bought the points yesterday, and feel dirty, but as soon as I have 5 new maps I won't give a fuck. :D

kuYuri

Cerrius said:
Ditto.

I love MW2 so much and IW is one of my favorite devs, but damn it, it's 1200 MS points! I don't want to be part of the problem. :-(

Decisions, decisions...

I'm just going to do my best to wait for a deal of the week for the map pack.

Ovid

Dresden said:
I have all the emblems except for the Precision Airstrike and EMP... I just don't like the EMP, chances are if I got the EMP I'll probably get the nuke anyways, so I never use it.
I really think if IW lowered the EMP killstreak people would use it. Would you guys? I know I would.

tarius1210 said:
I really think if IW lowered the EMP killstreak people would use it. Would you guys? I know I would.

I understand the theory of having the "counter" be harder to earn than the thing it counters, but the EMP is just useless at the moment. Either have it last longer or bring it down to an 11-streak.

Jrmint

You can get EMP's in Care Packages right?

Oh man just a few more short hours until not having to see Skidrow, or Highrise for a lonnnggg time :D

Foliorum Viridum said:
I bought the points yesterday, and feel dirty, but as soon as I have 5 new maps I won't give a fuck. :D

I already had 260 points just sitting around, so I bought 1000 points today. I'm ready for tomorrow!

Skel said:
Oh man just a few more short hours until not having to see Skidrow, or Highrise for a lonnnggg time :D

You play lots of Domination, right? I always groan when those maps come in the rotation. :lol

Seriously, IW! There's no shame in dropping maps from a rotation if they don't play well in that playlist! Drop Highrise and Skidrow from Domination!

Najaf

divisionbyzorro said:
I understand the theory of having the "counter" be harder to earn than the thing it counters, but the EMP is just useless at the moment. Either have it last longer or bring it down to an 11-streak.

I would love the EMP if it disabled electronics and killstreaks for both teams for the entire round. I would be running with that every match. I play a lot of MercTDM and can just imagine the voices in my headset when setting that off. It won't ever happen, but it's a fun thought.

Jrmint

divisionbyzorro said:
You play lots of Domination, right? I always groan when those maps come in the rotation. :lol

Seriously, IW! There's no shame in dropping maps from a rotation if they don't play well in that playlist! Drop Highrise and Skidrow from Domination!
My thoughts exactly.

Edit - Just checked Hutch's channel on Youtube and he has an interview with 402.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dQ6bbsR4pg

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
divisionbyzorro said:

If people were smart Skidrow would never play right. Luckily most people aren't smart.

This is worth the double post:

From Twitter:

fourzerotwo said:
#MW2 on #xboxlive has big things coming in the AM: New DLC, Double XP starts, 2 new DLC playlists, Ranger maps added to HCHQ, and a patch!

So the double XP is starting early? I thought it didn't start until Friday!

And I assume the patch covers OMA-tubing as discussed above. I guess it will also include the voice work for HCHQ maps, which was holding them back from being included in the playlist in the first place. I wonder what (if anything) else?

EDIT: More details...sort of. http://fourzerotwo.com/2010/03/29/modern-warfare-2-update-march-30th/

No real details on how OMA will be tweaked...

I hope double XP doesn't start tomorrow. My coursework deadline is Friday! :(

Edit: Ha, following my Predator S+D story, I just got a Chopper Gunner in a care package during a S+D match on Quarry. Unlike missiles, there's no timer at the start to prevent you owning them at spawn, so basically as soon as they started running they were all dead. :lol One guy hid in a building, but I must've got him through a wall or something as the copper swung around. 6/6, baby!

Ended that 11-4 <3

More details from madly pressing F5 on Bowling's Twitter account (someone's gotta do it):

• People who care probably already know this, but the maps being added to HCHQ are Highrise, Invasion, Skidrow, and Terminal.
  • Double XP is only enabled on the "Stimulus" playlists (at least for now).
  • Double XP will last until next Monday.
  • Bowling talked some shit about TDM: @joethomassays: The game really starts to favor the Run-and-Gun mentality, making claymores and strategy less useful...that is sad for tactic. @fourzerotwo: I agree when you're talking about TDM, but there is still a lot of strategy in SnD, especially HC versions.
  • Some people don't realize that "title update" means "game update," not "new titles." :lol
  • The title update will include some fixes for getting into map geometry. No word on which maps specifically.
  • IW is "discussing" adding more hardcore modes.

Jrmint

Awesome that the double xp starts tomorrow!

I really don't get 402 though. You say "tweaks" to OMA, but don't provide any details? WTF?

VaLiancY

Skel said:
Awesome that the double xp starts tomorrow!

I really don't get 402 though. You say "tweaks" to OMA, but don't provide any details? WTF?

Seriously. I don't give a shit about the maps. This OMA fix is a lot more important.

Skel said:

I finally got back up to 45 (a lowly first prestige) and now they're going to tweak OMA? Dammit!

I'm not saying I disagree with nerfing the toobs.....but still.

EDIT: Any word on whether the title update will allow IW to modify maps within a playlist? Getting rid of Wasteland in Domination is a must.

CheapChampagne

Neo Member
Foliorum Viridum said:
I hope double XP doesn't start tomorrow. My coursework deadline is Friday! :(

Edit: Ha, following my Predator S+D story, I just got a Chopper Gunner in a care package during a S+D match on Quarry. Unlike missiles, there's no timer at the start to prevent you owning them at spawn, so basically as soon as they started running they were all dead. :lol One guy hid in a building, but I must've got him through a wall or something as the copper swung around. 6/6, baby!

Ended that 11-4 <3

That reminds me of a S&D game I had a couple days ago. I was 18-4 and we still lost because no one on my team had above 2 kills. *sigh*

Mileena

Banned
CheapChampagne said:
That reminds me of a S&D game I had a couple days ago. I was 18-4 and we still lost because no one on my team had above 2 kills. *sigh*
This happens to me all the time on PS3 :lol

Just nuked karachi for the first time... finally. And oh yea... three host migrations as soon as I called it in. Fucking wow. Ended with only two guys on the opposing team getting killed. They really need to lock the pause menu when there's a nuke incoming.

RJNavarrete said:
Just nuked karachi for the first time... finally. And oh yea... three host migrations as soon as I called it in. Fucking wow. Ended with only two guys on the opposing team getting killed. They really need to lock the pause menu when there's a nuke incoming.

I've said it before, but what would the harm be in "faking it" when the nuke comes in? Once the nuke is called in, who needs the host? It's game over, bitches! If the host drops, just simulate the rest of the game on everybody else's end and dump them back into the lobby when it's all done.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
divisionbyzorro said:
[*] IW is "discussing" adding more hardcore modes.
[/LIST]

the only thing I care about. When I have to play this game I can't stand playing the normal modes.

hitting somebody with a 50 cal should be instant death. no exceptions. In fact, hitting anyone with any amount of bullets should mean death. None of this running away bullshit.

Griffith

Banned
fourzerotwo said:
some matchmaking updates that will help our international users find more locally hosted games thanks to how ping is now sorted
Guess I'll give this game another go now to see if this works. Constant red bar games was the reason I stopped playing.

CheapChampagne said:
Most of the time my team infuriates me in S+D. When I have a team that doesn't rush and actually thinks tactically I'm so pleased.

I'm not the best player in the world, but I fucking dominate on S+D without fail most of the time. I think it's down to many years playing Counter-Strike and the fact this mode is basically the same as any de_ map. :lol I always rock a silencer and perks that make me invisible to UAV/heartbeat sensors and just creep around looking for good places to get an advantage. I feel like such a bad ass. -_-

zewone

RJNavarrete said:
Pause menu has nothing to do with it. Guide button - exit to dashboard.

butts

RJNavarrete said:

I think it still counts even if host migration fails doesn't it? I seem to recall the challenge complete messages coming up the second you call it in, not after detonation.

D4Danger said:
the only thing I care about. When I have to play this game I can't stand playing the normal modes.

hitting somebody with a 50 cal should be instant death. no exceptions. In fact, hitting anyone with any amount of bullets should mean death. None of this running away bullshit.

I don't agree but luckily they have modes for both of us.

zewone said:
Pause menu has nothing to do with it. Guide button - exit to dashboard.
Not true. If the host dashboards, the whole match is dropped and everyone is kicked. Just fyi.

Genesis Knight said:
It counts as a tac nuke call-in but you don't get to extend your max killstreak another 6 kills, which I think was his complaint.
This. I want those kills, damn it. But eh, whatever... I've gotten more than enough nukes in my day. Just haven't done ten in one prestige. Got up to 8 once before I got bored and prestiged... Now I'm level 69 prestige 9... so I'm itching to prestige again!

Genesis Knight said:
Just curious Navarrette - how many days/hours does it say you've logged?
Oh man... too many. I had no job up until recently and I've been attending online college... so, I've had A LOT of free time, haha. :lol :lol

I'll check it in a bit. Eating spaghetti right now. :D

Eh

I would probably be more excited about these maps if I wasn't already done with MW2.

I got upto rank 70 but didnt bother to prestige (first cod mulitplayer game ive played and didnt want to have to start all over again)

I think my stats were 70 hours of play time.

Top Bottom