• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

So they released the map pack but no game patch to enable them ingame? seems to me that they really should have aimed to get the patch out a week early or something, not at the same time.

lionelhutz said:
I'm not sure why this surprises you. They weren't exactly in a hurry to fix game breaking glitches after launch. The support for this game has been decent at best.

402 already said that the content and the patch are intrinsically linked, so this is Microsoft's fault for not enabling both at the same time.

MrDaravon

What's weird though is that I can't remember a title update not being on time before, and usually at the 5am EST mark. Even with that last Borderlands DLC where the DLC itself came out late in the day, the patch was still up on time.

LosDaddie

Banned
I expect the problems to be solved by the time I'm able to game tonight (around 9pm EST). Can't wait to play the new maps. :D

The best FPS this gen keeps getting better

Perhaps this debacle will help people think twice about paying so much for a map pack and the sales will be much lower than expected. Then Activision might learn a lesson from trying to gouge its customers.

Nightz

majornelson The engineers are already engaged and working on the MW2 Stimulus Pack problem. They'll get is corrected. #mw2 4 minutes ago via Tweetie

Nightz said:
majornelson The engineers are already engaged and working on the MW2 Stimulus Pack problem. They'll get is corrected. #mw2 4 minutes ago via Tweetie

Ask Major Nelson if the engineers are working on fixing the fact that the map pack is overpriced.

MrDaravon

DeusTrinitas said:
Perhaps this debacle will help people think twice about paying so much for a map pack and the sales will be much lower than expected. Then Activision might learn a lesson from trying to gouge its customers.

Please. It's a Tuesday morning, the overwhelming majority of people who will buy the map pack are at work/school anyway, and by the time most of these people get home it will be fixed. This won't even be remembered a month from now.

5 maps. I thought there were 6. Even more embarrassing. For me too 'cause I've already downloaded the damn thing and I'm bitching like a spoiled brat.

This game is so damn addictive though. Even with all its problems from glitches to hacks. To just own a game of free for all with all the cheaters feels so damn good is what keeps me coming back for more and more. Hopefully by the time I get home from work MS/IW have it all straightened out.

Nightz said:
Ugh, for some reason I read that last part as 4 minutes to go. I got all excited for no reason.

DukeSucks

I can't even start up the game. It says an update needs to be downloaded, then when I try that it gives me an error message and kicks me back to the dashboard.

rezuth

DukeSucks said:
I can't even start up the game. It says an update needs to be downloaded, then when I try that it gives me an error message and kicks me back to the dashboard.
jue6c7.jpg

I don't get how they can fail this much.

rezuth said:
jue6c7.jpg

I don't get how they can fail this much.

Really? Is the winter of 2007/2008 not remembered so soon? That was a fuck-up of epic proportions. Thanks for the free shitty game Microsoft. That definitely made up for the 3 months of "spotty" service

Yeah on the grand history of "Shit not working on Xbox Live" this is a minor hiccup.

Who can forget the Halo 3 beta launch? Jesus I thought there would deaths when that shit went down. I was all ready to bunker down in my bedroom with as many tins of Baked Beans as I could find and listen to Godspeed You Black Emperor on repeat until it was all over.

LosDaddie

Banned
moop2000 said:
Really? Is the winter of 2007/2008 not remembered so soon? That was a fuck-up of epic proportions. Thanks for the free shitty game Microsoft. That definitely made up for the 3 months of "spotty" service

Even then it wasn't bad. I was still able to game on XBL then.

sk3tch

cultofweaver said:
Who can forget the Halo 3 beta launch? Jesus I thought there would deaths when that shit went down. I was all ready to bunker down in my bedroom with as many tins of Baked Beans as I could find and listen to Godspeed You Black Emperor on repeat until it was all over.

Don't worry, you may get your chance when the Reach beta hits this Spring. :)

Jrmint

If you're getting "Can't download the update" that's us putting the latest update in place. Excuse our dust, we'll be done ASAP.
Quote from E's Twitter. The Xbox Live guy who is usually on MN's show.

sk3tch said:
Don't worry, you may get your chance when the Reach beta hits this Spring. :)

I can picture it now: the world collectively inserts its ODST discs, selects the Reach beta, and..............ERROR.

Cue Internet meltdown.

SailorDaravon said:
Please. It's a Tuesday morning, the overwhelming majority of people who will buy the map pack are at work/school anyway, and by the time most of these people get home it will be fixed. This won't even be remembered a month from now.

Reasonable discourse will not be tolerated, sir.

Quote From Major Nelson's Twitter: Right now the team (and @thevowel) is getting things in order so this will be fixed VERY soon (within hours.)

fuck you

Game is now unplayable as it disconnects you and tries to grab an update that does not exist :lol So if you're playing right now, don't go to the dashboard or turn your console off or you're f'd until they fix this. "within hours" it now says on Major Nelson's website.

Top Bottom