• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

rezuth

Strider2K99 said:
Just checked. There's nothing new.
Me and my friend was playing and my connection got interupted. When he invited me back in the game it said he had an outdates playlist. So he had to go out and in again and then it worked. I don't know if the playlist can just disappear but it seems like a new one came in Sweden at least.

Panda Bear said:
So do PC players have to pay for the map pack or not?

Looks like it. Not sure if it was there to start off with (i dont think it was), but now you can right click the multiplayer part in Steam and it has a "View downloadable content" bit.

Mik2121

Full Recovery said:
15-0 S&D with an ACR. laughs
ACR is one of the best weapon ever, so no wonder you got that score :_D

This is my stealth class:

- ACR + Silencer
- AA-12 + FMJ
- Stun Grenade x2
- Claymore

- Scavenger Pro
- Cold-blooded Pro
- Ninja Pro

I barely die when I use this class :lol

Mik2121

divisionbyzorro said:
That's what happens when you spend four months doing nothing but building five maps and pretending to fix OMA :'(
Besides the fact that they got a lot of 'issues' going around in the company and that I guess some of the team is already working on something else and they left just some of the designers and programmers to work on the DLC, I think one map per month (plus one month to adapt the two older maps) is a good pace!

I only wish they could have released some sort of level editor or something and let the community work their ass doing cool maps that then get filtered by IW so we could get some extra maps for free every now and then :_D Or some playlist just for those maps or something...

So in my quest for challenges, I've been starting to seriously use the F2000, and I've come to the conclusion that it doesn't entirely suck. It has really high DPS, great hip-fire accuracy, and a disturbing tendency to get BS headshots. I'm actually really enjoying using it - and I never thought I'd hear myself say that!

My current "let's get challenges completed" build is an F2000 + RDS, Akimbo Deagles, Claymore, Sleight of Hand, Stopping Power, and Steady Aim :lol Getting big killstreaks with that class feels so good!

Mik2121 said:
Besides the fact that they got a lot of 'issues' going around in the company and that I guess some of the team is already working on something else and they left just some of the designers and programmers to work on the DLC, I think one map per month (plus one month to adapt the two older maps) is a good pace!

I only wish they could have released some sort of level editor or something and let the community work their ass doing cool maps that then get filtered by IW so we could get some extra maps for free every now and then :_D Or some playlist just for those maps or something...

To be fair, I was being
somewhat
facetious, although I am still very butthurt by the way they completely lied to us about OMA in the last title update...

Greyvvolf

Finally got my first nuke on Afghan, I was using the M4A1. I was just trying out the M4A1 again because I seemed to be doing really bad with the FAL lately. Which is ironic, because I switched from the M4A1 to the FAL for the same reasons. Eventually got to 22 kills and ran out of ammo. I picked up a Sniper Rifle because it was the only gun near me at the time, shot three enemies with that. I went 32-2 that round.

Anybody else have that same problem? I use my favorite gun and I usually start to play really mediocre after a while. I switch up to another gun and I seem to play a lot better. Then it begins all over again.

Mik2121 said:
ACR is one of the best weapon ever, so no wonder you got that score :_D

This is my stealth class:

- ACR + Silencer
- AA-12 + FMJ
- Stun Grenade x2
- Claymore

- Scavenger Pro
- Cold-blooded Pro
- Ninja Pro

I barely die when I use this class :lol

I run just about that, but I love Marathon, though.

DoomGyver

Greyvvolf said:
Finally got my first nuke on Afghan, I was using the M4A1. I was just trying out the M4A1 again because I seemed to be doing really bad with the FAL lately. Which is ironic, because I switched from the M4A1 to the FAL for the same reasons. Eventually got to 22 kills and ran out of ammo. I picked up a Sniper Rifle because it was the only gun near me at the time, shot three enemies with that. I went 32-2 that round.

Anybody else have that same problem? I use my favorite gun and I usually start to play really mediocre after a while. I switch up to another gun and I seem to play a lot better. Then it begins all over again.
I seem to always go back to the M4A1, I get in these loops where I just can't find the kit I want to stick with, so I do a bit of everything and then give up and go back to the m4. I think it's because its the most sexy gun in the game.

Xux

Greyvvolf said:

This happens to me all the time. I started switching off to different guns after getting the ACOG for each one just to keep it fresh and for all of the attachment experience and I seem to have stopped getting these slumps so often.

The new matchmaking system is godly. Green bar games every single time (and I'm Australian).

Can't believe it took this long, but hey, at least it actually happened.

wt8tq0.jpg

I don't know why I've skipped Underpass so many times in the past... [that's in the first round of a Demolition match]

Oh, and it's amazing how many times the same four idiots will walk into the exact same claymore.

20q1k6q.jpg

I swear to God I placed my claymore in the same spot 12 times and they kept walking into it. The only guy that got through was wearing Scrambler Pro, and even then I shot him in the back. :lol :lol

Final score that match:

29dadqo.jpg

You can see my clanmate almost caught up to me. Man, we were wrecking fools on there. <3 Storm. :D :D :D

Finn

Was playing S&D yesterday on Sub Base. I ended up being the last player alive. I snuck up to the room with all the windows and computer machines (?) and was kinda shitting myself. I always hate being the last guy alive. Feel like people are judging. Lol. Anyway, everyone is left on the other team and slowly but surely, one by one, each of them come up the stairs. And I stab each and every one of them. I literally stabbed the entire team in 20 seconds. Everyone was like, "shittt, are you kidding me?" Probably the coolest thing to happen to me in this game.

Xux

Jeeze, highest KDR in most games I played. The other players weren't camping as hard so we even won some.

Anyway, heart L86 and F2000.

RJNavarrete said:
wt8tq0.jpg

I don't know why I've skipped Underpass so many times in the past... [that's in the first round of a Demolition match]

Oh, and it's amazing how many times the same four idiots will walk into the exact same claymore.

20q1k6q.jpg

I swear to God I placed my claymore in the same spot 12 times and they kept walking into it. The only guy that got through was wearing Scrambler Pro, and even then I shot him in the back. :lol :lol

Final score that match:

29dadqo.jpg

You can see my clanmate almost caught up to me. Man, we were wrecking fools on there. <3 Storm. :D :D :D
I've been playing team deatmatch yesterday and today and haven't gotten anything less than 30 kills on a match. I been running around with the ump class. And I prestiged today and also got +30 first prestiged match.

NIN90

RJNavarrete said:

Final score that match:

YouRxXxXBLxXtaGXxlOOksxXxfuCkinGxXstuPidXx

NIN90 said:
YouRxXxXBLxXtaGXxlOOksxXxfuCkinGxXstuPidXx
True story. I used to be intimidated by people that used those kinds of gamertags in pregame lobbies so I usually left. When I played with then I realized that most of them are either little kids or just plain suck. Now it's fun owning them and making them back out of the lobby after they realize they have no chance against me.

Has anyone that has bought the maps noticed how little Storm comes up? I played Stimulus Package yesterday for 3 1/2 hours and it came up once. I can't tell if I like the map yet or not -- I kept getting killed from random corners and elevations.

I think my favorite new map is Bailout. My first game there last night in TDM I went 14-2. It's so good for demolition.

And I think I hate Salvage. I'm not sure why but I'm not feeling it.

backflip10019 said:
Has anyone that has bought the maps noticed how little Storm comes up? I played Stimulus Package yesterday for 3 1/2 hours and it came up once. I can't tell if I like the map yet or not -- I kept getting killed from random corners and elevations.

I think my favorite new map is Bailout. My first game there last night in TDM I went 14-2. It's so good for demolition.

And I think I hate Salvage. I'm not sure why but I'm not feeling it.

I love Storm. It's a solid map. It's very large, but surprisingly not sniper-infested (at least, not yet). Domination is particularly great on this map - each flag is in a great position.

Tamanon

Banned
Sethos said:
I heard the only way to play the maps are via playlists, you can't check 'em out in a private lobby - As that true? :/

Nope, not true. In the Giantbomb quick look, Jeff went into a private lobby to show off the new maps.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
salva said:
True story. I used to be intimidated by people that used those kinds of gamertags in pregame lobbies so I usually left.

What's so scary about straight edgers?

Sethos

Banned
Tamanon said:
Nope, not true. In the Giantbomb quick look, Jeff went into a private lobby to show off the new maps.

Oh okay - My friend is begging me to buy the pack, despite being very much against it he almost has me convinced. I just have to make sure I can play them and learn them without being in a live environment.

Thanks man!

Xux

Sethos said:
I heard the only way to play the maps are via playlists, you can't check 'em out in a private lobby - As that true? :/

Don't you have the game? Just boot up a private match and check it out. And check out OMA for all the people bitching about that without testing it.

Oh, you didn't have them yet; I'm sorry.

Sethos

Banned
Xux said:
Don't you have the game? Just boot up a private match and check it out. And check out OMA for all the people bitching about that without testing it.

I'm talking about the Stimulus Pack maps, sorry if I didn't make that clear and no - I don't have those yet :)

They changed the matchmaking so that it checks at <50,<65,<80 rather than 50,60,70 etc and they also made it so it checked any given ping only once since it was very rare to find a game on the second sweep. Since then the matchmaking is amazing, half my games are 4 bar now (I don't have a great connection) and it finds them almost as quick as pre-patch.

I'm really liking the new maps too and since they've been weighting them so they come up frequently I'm getting used to them quickly.

Someone give me a matcmaking filter that filters out all players with 2 X's or more / numbers 94-99 in their nicks.

Oh and all players with kannabisleaf / joint ops / blunt trauma tag combos

Jrmint

Sir Garbageman said:
So what's this OMA fix / update people keep referring to?
402 said they would be tweaking OMA.

If you don't know, you can run a class with OMA and Danger Close and shoot unlimited Noob Tubes that way. This is a very over powered and cheap class that 402 said they would be fixing.

And then nothing happened.

industrian

Matchmaking has went to shit tonight. Can't find any games 90% of the time.

Hopefully it'll be better tomorrow.

Dresden

If OMA ever gets tweaked, prepare for the onslaught of Scavenger+Noobtube+RPG. It some ways, that's worse, because of how destructive RPGs are.

Also: Fall is the ugliest paint EVER. Went back to Red Tiger on the Intervention because Fall on it looks like someone threw up crayon chunks all over it. I miss my golden paints.

vhfive said:
having 99-94 would imply that you are 11-15 years old.

also thanks for the heads up on the free googles

Ah right yeah I knew that before and its always funny hearing people say "shit we just got beat by like a 10 year old" and then being shocked when they hear my voice :lol

The way he specified 99-94 threw me off though, bit specific to only hate 11 - 15 years old.

industrian

Dresden said:
If OMA ever gets tweaked, prepare for the onslaught of Scavenger+Noobtube+RPG. It some ways, that's worse, because of how destructive RPGs are.

What do you mean "prepare for?" That's how I roll already. (Well: Scavenger, Danger Close, Scar w/Toob, RPG - but only on Wasteland.)

Dresden

industrian said:
What do you mean "prepare for?" That's how I roll already. (Well: Scavenger, Danger Close, Scar w/Toob, RPG - but only on Wasteland.)
And all the OMA toobers are going to roll with that, too.

I mean, I can't exactly blame anyone because I have 2k kills with the RPG. :lol It's just the next logical step.

Thanks for the night vision goggles link. :D

I'm rocking it now on my Avatar along with the riot shield.

Yes, I paid £3 for a fake riot shield. I know I am a whore.

industrian

Foliorum Viridum said:

So did I. It goes well with my kilt and Netherlands t-shirt.

Jrmint

Foliorum Viridum said:

Lol don't feel bad, I paid for the cat :lol

Top Bottom