• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

I wonder how the DLC sold? I know a lot of people were disappointed with it, it's mainly because of the steep price.

I'm also very close to selling my copy of MW2...but I think I'm going to wait a bit, at least for the 2nd map pack to see if Activision sells a bundle, before I choose to sell it or not.

smik

PATCH IS AMAZING!

im always in a green bar room no more red/yellow bars for me

Good work IW, im sure all the AUS players are over the moon :p

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
so i decided to play capture the flag for the first time...

sometimes I couldn't plant the flag back at our base is there a reason for this?

Ok, so I got three nukes in a row just now. Rundown, Derail, and Terminal. :D :D :D :D

Rundown & Terminal were silenced TAR, Scavenger, and Claymores. Derail was done with an UNsilenced P90 running and gunning. I still don't know how I managed to get that one. I was playing against a cheater (aimbot / jtag douche) and still murdered him and his friend. :lol

I purchased the FPS Freeks recently - just use one on the right stick. They're pretty nice, although not exactly a miracle as advertised. I'm a pretty decent player already but I thought they'd be cool to try. First off they are very fluid to use. Even if they don't improve your game at all, the extra leverage on the stick makes all motions feel glossy smooth, and when you pick up a regular controller again you'll probably be a bit disgusted at the crude motion of the analogs.

As for actually working? Well, more leverage = less pressure for slight movements, so I guess you could conceivably improve your game with them. I imagine newer gamers who die a lot after spraying both sides of their target would benefit the most, although I think they have marginally increased my accuracy in mid-range combat. When an opponent and I round a corner and see each other, I believe I have an advantage in lining up a Famas headshot first.

kuYuri

I don't understand this magical matchmaking patch people are saying 360 got. Other than the local search option for international players.

Alot of games are still hit and miss for me. Only guarantee for me is if I'm host.

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
I wonder how the DLC sold? I know a lot of people were disappointed with it, it's mainly because of the steep price.

Anyone who was "disappointed" was likely a little bitter about the game to begin with. I already have almost a day played on the new maps alone.

kuYuri

So according to CoD Wiki, this is the change to OMA from last patch:

When using One Man Army Perk, the One Man Army secondary replacement is no longer switchable.

Is this referring to people dropping OMA to pick up another weapon?

OMA should ignore all explosives when kit swapping, sucks for normal grenades and claymores but it would prevent the scrub toobers. Changing to another complete set in 2-4 seconds is already rather beneficial if you need a sniper rifle or shield, and so on.

Jrmint

Diablohead said:
OMA should ignore all explosives when kit swapping, sucks for normal grenades and claymores but it would prevent the scrub toobers. Changing to another complete set in 2-4 seconds is already rather beneficial if you need a sniper rifle or shield, and so on.
Yep.

Or there is no reason they cannot just gray out the Grenade Launcher attachment when you have that perk selected.

One Man Army is not that big a deal people. If they are going to "tweak" that then they might as well take out Scavenger as well.

i_am_ben said:
so i decided to play capture the flag for the first time...

sometimes I couldn't plant the flag back at our base is there a reason for this?

The enemy team probably had your flag.

zam

From my extensive and rigorous research I have concluded that anyone with "iTz" (or any variation thereof such as "iTzz" etc) in either their gamertag or clantag is a complete fucktard. They will either try to steal your care package or EAD, they will camp more than you thought was possible, they will play Sabotage or any objective game like its TDM, they will use excessively cheap setups such as OMA + Danger Close Noobtubing.

Honestly why do people who are gonna play an objective mode like it's TDM even go into Mosh Pit? I heard there is even a playlist for people like that, called Team Deathmatch.

jedimike

I had a great night of FFA... I finished almost every round with highest k/d and about 30% of my games I was #1. I entered the lobby with this guy "The illusionist" on bailout and he was bragging about how he got nukes on this map "all the time." So my thought entering the game was that I wanted to make sure he didn't get a nuke... that was my only goal.

The guy ends up going 15-16 and I went 30-6. He's bitchin' on the mic the whole round... telling people to stop using claymores or noob tubes or anything that seems to be killing him. I played about ten more rounds with this guy and he did end up finishing first a few rounds but he was never ever close to a nuke.

Genesis Knight said:
I purchased the FPS Freeks recently - just use one on the right stick. They're pretty nice, although not exactly a miracle as advertised. I'm a pretty decent player already but I thought they'd be cool to try. First off they are very fluid to use. Even if they don't improve your game at all, the extra leverage on the stick makes all motions feel glossy smooth, and when you pick up a regular controller again you'll probably be a bit disgusted at the crude motion of the analogs.

As for actually working? Well, more leverage = less pressure for slight movements, so I guess you could conceivably improve your game with them. I imagine newer gamers who die a lot after spraying both sides of their target would benefit the most, although I think they have marginally increased my accuracy in mid-range combat. When an opponent and I round a corner and see each other, I believe I have an advantage in lining up a Famas headshot first.

Thanks for the review. I guess you really only need one on the aim stick... is there any other reason you decided to just use one side?

zam said:
From my extensive and rigorous research I have concluded that anyone with "iTz" (or any variation thereof such as "iTzz" etc) in either their gamertag or clantag is a complete fucktard. They will either try to steal your care package or EAD, they will camp more than you thought was possible, they will play Sabotage or any objective game like its TDM, they will use excessively cheap setups such as OMA + Danger Close Noobtubing.

Honestly why do people who are gonna play an objective mode like it's TDM even go into Mosh Pit? I heard there is even a playlist for people like that, called Team Deathmatch.

I've seen a lot of people with this in MW2 and BFBC2. What the fuck does it mean? And why is it a free licence to be a cunt?

aku:jiki

I just experienced the best proof for why Painkiller needs to be patched out ever, as if we even needed proof of that.

Now I can't remember the specifics because it pissed me off :)lol), but he was basically at our flag in CTF with Painkiller still active. How the hell do IW figure that's supposed to be ok? If he's invincible in his own spawn, fine, but in ours?! Fuck that.

I guess the problem is actually - yet again - with the spawn system and not actually Painkiller, but still... That's some bullshit when guys show up in the middle of your HQ or at your bomb site, all superman-like invincible.

LabouredSubterfuge said:
What the fuck does it mean?
iTZz xXQUiCKxSH0tZx420Xx!

Thanks for the review. I guess you really only need one on the aim stick... is there any other reason you decided to just use one side?

Well, I loaned out one to a friend who sucked at the game (he now averages 20-8) and I don't think I'm getting it back. :lol

Strider2K99 said:
So according to CoD Wiki, this is the change to OMA from last patch:

Is this referring to people dropping OMA to pick up another weapon?

Wait...that's all they did?

Screw you, IW. Screw you. I've said for months now that OMA-tubing is (IMO) the only real problem with the gameplay. Ugh.

dwin45

aku:jiki said:
I guess the problem is actually - yet again - with the spawn system and not actually Painkiller, but still... That's some bullshit when guys show up in the middle of your HQ or at your bomb site, all superman-like invincible.
Based on my experience, about 90% of the game's problems either stem back to or are made worse because of the spawn system. The SPAWN SYSTEM is the thing that needs the most fixing; not Commando, not OMA, not Painkiller.

dwin45 said:
Based on my experience, about 90% of the game's problems either stem back to or are made worse because of the spawn system. The SPAWN SYSTEM is the thing that needs the most fixing; not Commando, not OMA, not Painkiller.
Commando IS pretty fucking annoying tho. FUCK commando.

Edit: they should at least edit the animation. Shit, if you're gonna leap 10 feet across the air, at least give me a leaping animation to look at, FUCK.

zam said:

Dont forget XxSiLeNtSnYpErxX. :lol

But yeah those fucking iTz guys wtf is that? I already destroy them and they use shitty tactics, too. Maybe its an abbreviation for idiotz.

Fistwell said:
Commando IS pretty fucking annoying tho. FUCK commando.

Edit: they should at least edit the animation. Shit, if you're gonna leap 10 feet across the air, at least give me a leaping animation to look at, FUCK.

Greatest MP game of all time if they just flat out remove Commando.

zam

Lionheart1827 said:
Dont forget XxSiLeNtSnYpErxX. :lol

But yeah those fucking iTz guys wtf is that? I already destroy them and they use shitty tactics, too. Maybe its an abbreviation for idiotz.
Yeah xXx in your name and any variation falls under the same rule as iTz people, it's just that I never seen iTz before I played mw2, and they are all without an exception douchebags and fucktards.

And again if people want to play TDM that's fine with me, just keep that to TDM, I don't see the point in people going into Mosh Pit or any objective playlist and then completely ignore the objectives. At the very least if you are gonna be camping for the whole game at least do it where you are useful, like camping to defend the flag, but even that seems out of those morons abilities.

DuckRacer

Bumblebeetuna said:
Commando should've been designed to speed up the knife animation instead of extending range. With commando the normal animation would be as quick as the tac knife, and the tac knife would be even quicker. It would still give you an advantage in close quarters situations (like it should), but it'd eliminate the bullshit lunging.

I really do fucking love this game sometimes. I've been playing S+D since Stimulus' release due to it being an XP gold mine (10k per game guaranteed) and I just had one of my best experiences ever. My team got totally wiped out, it was 5v1, I thought I was screwed, but in less than a minute I had killed them all and was standing victorious. Since I was using the SCAR I ran out of ammo after the first two people, so the last three kills were all knives, too. (I had a Stinger as my secondary due to 6k XP for taking down harriers, and Commando on for that perk challenge)

I wasn't playing the best guys in the world, and I know it's been done many times before, but it was one of those moments that just got my heart pumping and reminded me of my old Counter-Strike days when I would pull off similar feats.

Bumblebeetuna said:

Theres a long list of things they would need to sort out before I could give it that level of praise. :lol

Commando is pretty shitty, but I personally think the Nube Toob is worse - and they didnt even fix OMA, WTF!

Foliorum Viridum - thats awesome, games like that really get the andrenaline rushing.

Loxley

I just played a few matches after going on a hiatus and diving into Bad Company 2 and man, nothing brings me more satisfaction in this game than killing the Lightweight Pro + Commando Pro assholes who think they're eight different kinds of badass by running around knifing everyone. Especially when they're running straight at me.

The SPAS-12 is quite the cock-blocker :D

*Edit Glad to see they balanced the 1887's, and on a side note I'm surprised at the shear number of people on the PC side who are actually good at the whole quick-scoping/no-scoping thing. Granted I imagine it's easier with a keyboard & mouse and MW2's hit detection with sniper rifles is more than a little generous, but still, some of the kill-cams I've seen are pretty impressive shots.

Lunchbox

Banned
jedimike said:
I just ordered the FPS Freeks

fps1.png

looks like the stupidest shit ever

DoomGyver

Has anyone put together a list of all known changes in the latest patch.. you know patch notes?

I hate the fact that I even have to ask this. Come on IW, at least twitter a list.

ZZMitch

Loxley said:
*Edit Glad to see they balanced the 1887's, and on a side note I'm surprised at the shear number of people on the PC side who are actually good at the whole quick-scoping/no-scoping thing. Granted I imagine it's easier with a keyboard & mouse, but still, some of the kill-cams I've seen are pretty impressive shots.

People on Xbox who I have played with are pretty crazy with quick scoping to... for some reason people love quick scoping with the intervention on Salvage (SnD). I saw some pretty crazy kills there.

So I was waiting on a game to start and I was curious to see if IW did anything about the cheaters on the leaderboards, and lo and behold, we got users that are named imodgames.com, COREMODDERS, codmodshop.com, etc etc etc.

Seriously I dont know why they dont just ban/delete people from the list en masse. :lol

Dresden

zam said:
Yeah xXx in your name and any variation falls under the same rule as iTz people, it's just that I never seen iTz before I played mw2, and they are all without an exception douchebags and fucktards.
RJNavarrete said:
wt8tq0.jpg

I don't know why I've skipped Underpass so many times in the past... [that's in the first round of a Demolition match]

Oh, and it's amazing how many times the same four idiots will walk into the exact same claymore.

:lol

Frillen

Got a new record again. 61 kills (61-4) on a regular team deathmatch on Rundown. That's 61/75 of my team's kills. :lol :lol

OMGLOL A LLAMA

Neo Member
jedimike said:
I just ordered the FPS Freeks

fps1.png

I have a decent k/d (1.35), but I want to see if these things can help. Sometimes I have a hell of a time getting my cross-hairs on target. I'll just be slightly off... in game it's just inches off the player but on the actual screen, it's mere millimeters. I think this can help with the micro adjustment needed.

how much better is it on the left stick? Me and my friend split the cost because we thought it would only really matter on the right stick, and so far it's great. However do you feel the freek affects the left stick at all?

Am I the only average player on GAf, most of you arescoring insance games, how do you guys get that good? Any tips?

I've been getting murdered my last few matches today and in the past few days, I've just been off with everything.

Like I'm getting knifed, shot in the back, caught sneaking, caught flanking, can't even aim for shit, take ages, I get mad but sometimes I laugh it out to how shitty I'm doing.

For example, the last few games were all (10-9) (5-9) (4-7) (4-8) (11-9) etc... And I've been trending this since who knows when.

So all you guys getting really good scores. Would you kindly share some amazing tips?

And I swear some people just fucking randomly throw a fucking grenade anywhere and they get me. That is by far the most annoying shit ever.

And when you fucking shotgun someone head on, they survive and manage to fucking knife you.

RAGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

So I quit MW 2 for now.No guns are working for me, nothing. Goddamn, this is some stretch of horribleness.

I'm not a twitch-shooter, some of you have to be with all those damn scores. I'm more tactical and I try and play smart. That's how I do decent, I don't rely on quick aiming or twitching or else I would be failing.

Edit: I mean, how do you guys even keep getting those high killstreaks? In this stretch I'm in, I'm fucking glad/happy that I could even get a uav, otherwise, for me getting a uav lined up takes ages.

FortunateSon said:
Am I the only average player on GAf, most of you arescoring insance games, how do you guys get that good? Any tips?

I've been getting murdered my last few matches today and in the past few days, I've just been off with everything.

Like I'm getting knifed, shot in the back, caught sneaking, caught flanking, can't even aim for shit, take ages, I get mad but sometimes I laugh it out to how shitty I'm doing.

For example, the last few games were all (10-9) (5-9) (4-7) (4-8) (11-9) etc... And I've been trending this since who knows when.

So all you guys getting really good scores. Would you kindly share some amazing tips?

And I swear some people just fucking randomly throw a fucking grenade anywhere and they get me. That is by far the most annoying shit ever.

And when you fucking shotgun someone head on, they survive and manage to fucking knife you.

RAGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

So I quit MW 2 for now.No guns are working for me, nothing. Goddamn, this is some stretch of horribleness.

I'm not a twitch-shooter, some of you have to be with all those damn scores. I'm more tactical and I try and play smart. That's how I do decent, I don't rely on quick aiming or twitching or else I would be failing.

Well here's my advice:

Rule #1 - No matter what anyone else tells you, you cannot win a gunfight straight up in this game.

The netcode is your number one enemy so get the jump on people and you will start racking up more kills.

Rule #2 - Take your time.

Don't quick scope in and start firing right away. Sometimes the extra second or so of aiming can make the difference between a dead guy and you being exposed and getting shot at from multiple directions.

Rule #3 - Be patient as hell.

Find a good strategy? Keep doing it. It doesn't matter if you are only 2-0 the whole time, practice being patient and eventually you will be going 25-0. The game beckons you to run out and die in a blaze of glory but it's much better to find a nice area where you can sucker people into entering and dying constantly.

Rule #4 - Don't go into a game thinking you are going to die.

Most people assume death is inevitable in this game. If that was true, we would never see nukes.

I like Final Stand BTW - it gives you an extra chance if you screw up to take someone down and keep those kills going without dying.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Frillen said:
Got a new record again. 61 kills (61-4) on a regular team deathmatch on Rundown. That's 61/75 of my team's kills. :lol :lol
Seriously how the fuck does this even happen? I just don't understand how one guy can be so damn superior to everyone else in the room.

I can understand when his team mates help him destroy the other team, but when one guy is so far ahead of his own team.... I don't get it. You mustve been using the most annoying tactics in the history of mankind.

The game is still hit and miss for me. Depends what kinda gamers I get lumped with. What angers me most is I feel like I'm doing the same thing but I'll down a guy super fast one game and completely fail in the following game.

The amount of times I die due to fucked up aiming then checked my sensitivity settings to find it has automatically set itself to low are insanity inducing.

Othertimes I just suck and I don't understand why, does my head in.

Anytime I've sucked and been angry at the game it's never noobtubers or oma users. Never.

Knife runners have only ever raped me once and I've put about 8 days of playtime into this. When I get owned it's usually cos my reactions seem slower, accuracy lower and I'm positioning poorly, or I'm simply getting flanked from all angles.

This is why I'm not buying the dlc, was quite close to rage quitting the whole game but have recovered some form today.

Top Bottom