• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

tuco11

Are the new maps in regular rotation lists now? ie in Hardcore Team deathmatch. I was just on and saw only Hardcore Stimulus mosh pit shit. F' that. WAW> Modern warfare 2.

Now it starts out checking for games with <50ms of ping and goes up from there in increments of 10 milliseconds if it can't find games. Pretty balls for everyone outside of America.

tuco11 said:
Are the new maps in regular rotation lists now? ie in Hardcore Team deathmatch. I was just on and saw only Hardcore Stimulus mosh pit shit. F' that. WAW> Modern warfare 2.

They are in regular rotation along with double xp. However, if you ONLY want to play the new maps you have to go into the stimulus playlists.

Jrmint

Genesis Knight said:
Now it starts out checking for games with <50ms of ping and goes up from there in increments of 10 milliseconds if it can't find games. Pretty balls for everyone outside of America.
I thought it was supposed to help lag problems outside of America?

Man I tried a new setup today and am greatly enjoying it. Scavenger + Lightweight +
Commando Pro *feels dirty*
+ AA12 FTMFW. It is great in TDM, Sabotage and CTF. That's what's great about this game, even after seven days of play time there are still so many different combinations and setups that create vastly different playstyles and open up almost a whole new game.

moai

Skel said:
I thought it was supposed to help lag problems outside of America?

not really. takes forever to find a game now...........guess it was our turn to get screwed (southamerica).
if this continues i might convert to bc2. i'm angry for wasting 1200 points.

Aumann

Lionheart1827 said:
They are in regular rotation along with double xp. However, if you ONLY want to play the new maps you have to go into the stimulus playlists.

Is double xp going on at the moment? If so when does it end?

tuco11

"They are in regular rotation along with double xp. However, if you ONLY want to play the new maps you have to go into the stimulus playlists."

Horseshit. What is so difficult about just seperating it out like WAW did with each map pack? Eat a dick IW.

Jrmint

Bumblebeetuna said:
Man I tried a new setup today and am greatly enjoying it. Scavenger + Lightweight +
Commando Pro *feels dirty*
+ AA12 FTMFW. It is great in TDM, Sabotage and CTF. That's what's great about this game, even after seven days of play time there are still so many different combinations and setups that create vastly different playstyles and open up almost a whole new game.
What do you use for a primary? SCAR, TAR, UMP, or something like that? (gun that doesn't need SP)

Dynamic3

Genesis Knight said:

It's done that for me since the Sat. before launch (US PS3).

Xux

divisionbyzorro said:
EDIT: Actually, I suppose the main drawback to the SPAS is the weapon raise time. Lightweight does mitigate this, but the knife is still much faster.

I wonder if making knifing require your weapon to be raised would make people bitch less about it.

It would sort of limit commando effectiveness to guns with fast raise times and make Lightweight Pro more important replacing Stopping Power and mid-range effectiveness.

Or something.

DoomGyver

You should have to have your crosshairs on the enemy to connect with the knife. Range should also be reduced 50%, and commando should be where non-commando is now.

tuco11 said:
"They are in regular rotation along with double xp. However, if you ONLY want to play the new maps you have to go into the stimulus playlists."

Horseshit. What is so difficult about just seperating it out like WAW did with each map pack? Eat a dick IW.

reading comprehension ftl, notice how it only says 'ONLY want to play new maps'? they've mixed them in with rest of the playlists.

jedimike

zero margin said:
It was double XP yesterday also, this is for people with the map pack only. It will go for a week.

I think it applies to everyone... I have the map pack, so I can't confirm, but I'm getting double XP on everything for all maps new or not. Shoot down a harrier... 600 points. First kill... 300 points. Double kill... extra 100 points.

The only things that aren't giving double XP are the challenges.

edit: was playing FFA and the new maps were showing up very frequently.

Mik2121

Oh man what the fuck.. I was in Terminal, got a Predator Missile, I could see the whole enemy team (or at least 5 of them) from one of the open roofs in the buildings, I was pointing my missile towards it, and suddenly some weird ass laggy hick-up hits and my missile crashes against the goddamn roof. Fucking hate that kind of bullshit.

MrDaravon

The new Matchmaking connection thingie seems to be working pretty well, I played 8 games and didn't have any lag or dropping or anything like that the whole time, which is not a regular occurence.

Also the DLC maps seem to be coming up pretty frequently. I played those 8 games in Ground War and they came up 3 or 4 times out of the bunch. I wonder if it's not matching people with DLC with people who don't, or if I got really lucky, or maybe if that many people actually did buy the DLC. Have they specifically said?

jedimike said:
I think it applies to everyone... I have the map pack, so I can't confirm, but I'm getting double XP on everything for all maps new or not. Shoot down a harrier... 600 points. First kill... 300 points. Double kill... extra 100 points.

The only things that aren't giving double XP are the challenges.

edit: was playing FFA and the new maps were showing up very frequently.

Yeah you will get double XP on the old maps, just the map pack is the requirement.

Thanks to the stimulus package I've been having at least a 2.0 kdr average, with my best score on quarry with a suppressed UMP/fmj magnum, Marathon/cold blooded/ninja, knife/stun. 35-4 in TDM. It's So fun not having to play the HXC kids all the time, when they're all playing the stimulus playlist.

I didnt get the maps

Linkhero1

Critical Jeff said:
Thanks to the stimulus package I've been having at least a 2.0 kdr average, with my best score on quarry with a suppressed UMP/fmj magnum, Marathon/cold blooded/ninja, knife/stun. 35-4 in TDM. It's So fun not having to play the HXC kids all the time, when they're all playing the stimulus playlist.

I didnt get the maps
I actually noticed I'm getting more kills now xD

Makes sense.

ch0mp

buy teh haloz said:
Amen to this. IW redeemed themselves a bit with this one.

4 months too late and it isn't really working. WaW had a functioning local search I don't understand why it's so hard to use that.

Kujo

I believe the PS3 and PC versions have had this ping patch for months now. Good to see the 360 finally get it, but I don't get what took them so long. Will try it out tonight.

I wonder when the 2nd map pack will be out

This is the first double XP for MW2 right?

If so, I am just surprised they haven't done this already during the Thanksgiving week or during Christmas time.

IIRC, I am pretty sure they did that with COD4, atleast for the Thanksgiving in 2007.

Mojo said:
I believe the PS3 and PC versions have had this ping patch for months now.

Almost positive the PC had it from the start and PS3 got it very soon after launch or even had it the entire time. It was really weird going from those 2 to the 360 version and NOT having that mechanism in place.

Genesis Knight said:
What? This wasn't on the 360 yet? It has been there for the PS3-version from december or something :/

It's pretty much useless though, it might as well start from <80ms as it takes ages anyway.

Kujo

PTCoakley said:
Almost positive the PC had it from the start and PS3 got it very soon after launch or even had it the entire time. It was really weird going from those 2 to the 360 version and NOT having that mechanism in place.
Yeah it's been frustrating having the 360 constantly match me with players from other countries, when people I know with the PS3 version could get local games fairly frequently.

Najaf

Maybe I don't have my explorer cap on, but am I noticing a lack of secret spots in the new maps? (i.e. the rooftop on Highrise, the boathouse roof on Estate, anywhere with teddy bears etc) I've spent a good amount of time exploring them solo and have not found any.

My screenshots 360 version:D Canon

d0c2456b3b612f5114825f5142fabea8.jpg

8fb3dd1ca0d924255e3f8a31995de0c7.jpg

2c216df5cacf30ba12bce90742f7e1af.jpg

58528552726c39fe08aa69ab34affd8e.jpg

017c18b22811466db9d99f19e777964d.jpg

4a3ea95a683ea5062f659dae62ecacfb.jpg

50738ee2ab6a5678ebb89e43b45fbde9.jpg

kuYuri

I played Domination all night last night after updating and didn't notice an improvement in matchmaking at all. Some games still got pretty laggy and I ran into one of the worst Commando runners.

Miggytronz

ok so i played last night for a few hours and Double XP wasnt being given on other playlists besides the map pack playlist. I thought Double XP was going full blown? did i miss something?

Mikasangelos said:
ok so i played last night for a few hours and Double XP wasnt being given on other playlists besides the map pack playlist. I thought Double XP was going full blown? did i miss something?

I got double XP in Ground War last night...

Miggytronz

divisionbyzorro said:
I got double XP in Ground War last night...

damn, i played with a group of 9 from 7-11 o'clock eastern time and we got no double XP. We did play on the new maps quite often though which mad us happy.

cameltoe

Genesis Knight said:

thats the way it has always worked on the PS3

ZeroRay

divisionbyzorro said:
Go back and watch some Machinima videos on YouTube of Call of Duty 4. It looks positively ancient compared to MW2.

I don't know about the graphics, but the menus in COD4 look really retro to me after playing MW2.

lionelhutz

illeaturfamily said:
double xp was working all night for me.

I only played TDM last night, but double XP only seemed to be for kills. I completed several challenges and received the standard amount, however, my kills counted for 200XP each.

Top Bottom