• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

NeoUltima

I have a sudden urge to play this game again...nothing to do with map pack(I have ps3). Guess I'll see if my skills are still up to snuff.

Nizz

Full Recovery said:
I seem to always go back to the M4A1, I get in these loops where I just can't find the kit I want to stick with, so I do a bit of everything and then give up and go back to the m4. I think it's because its the most sexy gun in the game.
I love that gun. It's what I use in one of my kits. I have M4 (red tiger camo) with red dot sight and FMJ, M1014 with grip,claymore, stun grenades, Bling pro, Hardline pro, and Ninja pro. Works out pretty nicely for me.

I guess there's a little less than a month left for this to hit PS3.

Nizz

NeoUltima said:
I have a sudden urge to play this game again...nothing to do with map pack(I have ps3). Guess I'll see if my skills are still up to snuff.
You left off with a pretty good K/D ratio when I checked how I was doing compared to people on my friends list.

WHAT THE FUCK? I was owning with chopper gunner, going strong for a nuke and boom: host migration. The game gets stuck for 5 minutes in the black/orange screen and when I actually connect only thing I hear is "well done rangers". Fucking hell.

In other matches:
1. disconnected
2. disconnected
3. player animation out of range (???)
4. disconnected
5. 1000-10000 (ground war tdm)
6. disconnected

If I want to buy points online through Xbox.com and I add a credit card or my paypal account, can I remove it after I finish paying? I don't want my credit card information or my paypal account tied to my profile. I just want to order 500 points so I can get the map pack.

Dolla Dolla said:
If I want to buy points online through Xbox.com and I add a credit card or my paypal account, can I remove it after I finish paying? I don't want my credit card information or my paypal account tied to my profile. I just want to order 500 points so I can get the map pack.

Yes you can.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I can't buy a decent connection today. I'll light someone up 5 or 6 times with a Scar and then they'll turn and kill me instantly with a bitch gun the ACR or M4.

NeoUltima

purple cobra said:
You left off with a pretty good K/D ratio when I checked how I was doing compared to people on my friends list.
Yes, about ~2.0 ...now that I'm playing atm, its going down though lol.

itsgreen

hehe found a personal cure for those boosters using a shield and mg...

jumping between them in SnD HC Ricochet :)

xxflycri96xx
Blackcloud96
GuiltyDuracell

were doing it in some match.

aku:jiki

backflip10019 said:
I'm working on emergency airdrops now. Stealth bombers are next.
I assume you mean 1000 of each. Nothing else matters!

I have like 170 kills with the SB. I have 1000+ with Harrier and CG. :(

backflip10019 said:
I'm working on emergency airdrops now. Stealth bombers are next.

E-Drops piss me off. On the smaller maps you're just asking to be mobbed by everyone in the game for your stuff, and on all the rest of the maps you're going to get mobbed by your teammates. I swear though - on maps like Scrapyard you might as well just toss the grenade over the fence or inside a warehouse and keep going.

Dresden

I used E-drops for the emblem, and they weren't that bad. If you drop it somewhere safe, you'll still grab all four since you unlock the boxes so fast. If you drop it somewhere in hostile territory, there's a good chance you'll get at least one or two.

For eight kills, it's nice getting two predators, a harrier and a pavelow. I even got a EMP and a chopper gunner once. Although all the time where I got 2x resupply, uav, and counter uav does balance things out a bit.

kuYuri

Dresden said:
I used E-drops for the emblem, and they weren't that bad. If you drop it somewhere safe, you'll still grab all four since you unlock the boxes so fast. If you drop it somewhere in hostile territory, there's a good chance you'll get at least one or two.

For eight kills, it's nice getting two predators, a harrier and a pavelow. I even got a EMP and a chopper gunner once. Although all the time where I got 2x resupply, uav, and counter uav does balance things out a bit.

Pretty sure you can't get EMPs in E-Drops. You must be thinking of CPs.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
divisionbyzorro said:
E-Drops piss me off. On the smaller maps you're just asking to be mobbed by everyone in the game for your stuff, and on all the rest of the maps you're going to get mobbed by your teammates. I swear though - on maps like Scrapyard you might as well just toss the grenade over the fence or inside a warehouse and keep going.

Are you one of those dicks who wants every single package for yourself?

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Hard to believe I have over 10 days in time played yet I've NEVER unlocked SitRep Pro.

120 equipment destroyed? Really IW? ugggghhhhhhhhhhh

Brian Fellows said:
Why shouldn't he be? How exactly does the team help him reach 8 kills and how exactly are they entitled to the reward?

Sorry, but you and all the other people who feel entitled to my packages without doing anything to obtain them are the dicks.

I can't imagine not giving them away. I love using EADs for that very reason. The exp bonus you get for giving them away is way better than picking them up yourself. I might snag a harrier or pavelow if one shows up, but everything else I leave for the team.

I guess I could see wanting them for yourself if you're sitting on 70, but then what would you be using EADs for? Is the extremely rare sweet drop worth the 60 UAVs/Counter-UAVs you have to go through?

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
aku:jiki said:
Why shouldn't he be? How exactly does the team help him reach 8 kills and how exactly are they entitled to the reward?

Sorry, but you and all the other people who feel entitled to my packages without doing anything to obtain them are the dicks.

If you are on my team I probably saved your ass a minimum of 5 or 6 times allowing you to get that streak. I'm that fucking good and you should be begging me to share your packages and thanking me when I take one.

Brian Fellows said:
Usually if a UAV or counter UAV drops I'll give those to my teammates. But anything better than that? Why the fuck would I want to share them with my dumb fuck teammates who are more than likely going waaaay negative?

Like every game that I played last night of stimulus package, there was NEVER anyone going positive on my team. It was this way for a good 5 or 6 games straight. Is the player skill base really that skewed? Or is matchmaking just shit?

WoodWERD

Cerrius said:
Hard to believe I have over 10 days in time played yet I've NEVER unlocked SitRep Pro.

I went through the hassle of getting this not too long ago after hearing people rave about it. I figured with my 5.1 setup this would be a huge advantage, but I was pretty disappointed. It might have something to do with the fact I only play HCTDM and most people are stealthed.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
backflip10019 said:
Usually if a UAV or counter UAV drops I'll give those to my teammates. But anything better than that? Why the fuck would I want to share them with my dumb fuck teammates who are more than likely going waaaay negative?
?

Oh I totally agree with that.

And I'm just joking around in general. Sure if I'm in the area I'll try to snag something but if I don't get anything it doesn't really bother me.

And if I ever get one I do what you do and leave the scraps.

jedimike

Mw182006 said:
I went through the hassle of getting this not too long ago after hearing people rave about it. I figured with my 5.1 setup this would be a huge advantage, but I was pretty disappointed. It might have something to do with the fact I only play HCTDM and most people are stealthed.

Do you remember if you get a title/emblem for unlocking it? I'm about to prestige but I am close enough to finishing this (around 90) that I would just for the title and emblem.

foomfoom415 said:
I guess I could see wanting them for yourself if you're sitting on 70, but then what would you be using EADs for? Is the extremely rare sweet drop worth the 60 UAVs/Counter-UAVs you have to go through?
They're just fun! I love the lottery aspect of it. Besides, I disagree that decent drops are extremely rare - almost every EAD has a Predator and/or an Attack Heli and since I've already launched a Pred and probably a Harrier to get the EAD, getting 2 more pieces of air support is awesome.

On top of that, I respect UAV and Counter and if I'm running an EAD setup, I don't have either equipped...which probably means that nobody on my team does. In that case, getting a couple in EAD's is awesome.

I rarely leave even these to the rest of my team, because they'll do stupid shit like launch all the UAV's at once, or launch a Counter in HC when the enemy doesn't even have a UAV up... I prefer seeing the items put to proper use.

Mw182006 said:
That's weird. HC is where I think SitRep Pro is the best! As long as you know what kind of ground is around you (i.e. wooden, metal, etc) andexactly where it is, it's a massive help.

Gets pretty confusing when there's like 3 enemies in the same house though. :/

jedimike said:
Do you remember if you get a title/emblem for unlocking it? I'm about to prestige but I am close enough to finishing this (around 90) that I would just for the title and emblem.
Like all perks, there's an emblem once you finish (Perk name) VI. Pro is IV.

VI for SitRep is 750 equipment. :lol

Dresden

Eh, used a Commando build for lulz and it's actually very effective in Crash. So many ways to flank and kill. 33-11 in TDM, just stabbin' people. I can see why people like it so much.

strikeselect

Mw182006 said:

Is HCTDM the best playlist to level SitRep? I'm currently playing in Demolition and I get maybe 1 or 2 claymores a game. -_-

Mik2121

So.. how many hours have you guys played?. I've played 16D8H, that is almost 400 hours. Singleplayer 8 hours, Spec-Ops another 8 hours, and the rest for the multiplayer.

And yet I see about half of the people playing online with higher ranks than I do :lol

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Mik2121 said:
So.. how many hours have you guys played?. I've played 16D8H, that is almost 400 hours. Singleplayer 8 hours, Spec-Ops another 8 hours, and the rest for the multiplayer.

And yet I see about half of the people playing online with higher ranks than I do :lol

9 days 13 hours.

vhfive

Mik2121 said:

I think about 7 days

Najaf

I wish they would patch to allow each class to have its own set of killstreaks.

I could then build classes based on the gametype and even the level. Certain levels benefit more from an AC130 than a CG for instance. I also use turrets effectively on sub base and Favela but otherwise do not carry them. Changing my killstreak loadout every other map seems like an unnecessary chore.

Naaah, I hate Bailout. Everywhere you go, there's a fucker camping some spot on the other side and the whole map is just cover after cover where all the other guy has to reveal is his scalp but he can easily shoot you.

Liking Salvage and Storm more and more though... Although Storm feels kinda boring at times. Not a bad map, just not very exciting either.

Najaf said:
I could then build classes based on the gametype and even the level. Certain levels benefit more from an AC130 than a CG for instance. I also use turrets effectively on sub base and Favela but otherwise do not carry them. Changing my killstreak loadout every other map seems like an unnecessary chore.
Agreed, would love to see that in a future update.
Lulz, as if they're even gonna fix all the broken shit, let alone come up with new stuff!

jedimike

aku:jiki said:
Liking Salvage and Storm more and more though... Although Storm feels kinda boring at times. Not a bad map, just not very exciting either.

Salvage is my favorite map. Before they came out, I thought it would be my least favorite. The map is much more complex than I anticipated. IW was trying to sell it as a run n' gun map, but it is much more than that.

I understand what you mean about Storm. The map layout is fine but it still seems random. Much slower than I thought it would be.

Bailout is pretty simple... find a window or balcony and shoot at another window or balcony all while trying to keep from getting flanked in your location. I seem to have most success on this map using a stealth class along with your favorite AR. Ninja Pro or Sitrep... I see an equal amount of people using HBS or planting claymores.

strikeselect

The map pack/improved matchmaking has breathed new life into MW2 for me.

Bailout is my favorite of the new maps with Salvage following close behind and Storm in third. Crash and Overgrown are much welcome additions as well. I actually enjoy Overgrown more in MW2 than I did in CoD4. Go figure. I thought CoD4 maps wouldn't work with the abundance of MW2 perks and killstreaks but I was dead wrong, these maps hold up fantastically well.

The way that IW implements DLC into matchmaking is brilliant. DLC owners can play the new content in their favorite playlists while non-DLC players can still continue to play their favorite playlists and not have their online experience gimped.

Other devs should take note.

IW 4 lyfe

Haha, sweet! I just killed some guy who was running to defuse a bomb and it turned out to be DnB Oos. Been wondering why I never run into any of the YouTube guys. :D

Edit: Started off the next match by buzzkilling him! Why is that so fun? :lol

Edit 2: Their whole clan is so insanely fast, god damn! They're all running 10 sensitivity and they turn around so fast, it's absurd! Can't win a firefight against this to save my life! :lol

zam

divisionbyzorro said:
I have EAD as one of my killstreaks right now and whenever I call one in it's like the vultures coming to feast. Was playing HC HQ on Salvage and I called one in and one dude tried to steal every single box, yet I managed to grab em quicker than him, so when I'm taking the fourth one he finally gets so pissed that he tries to shoot me and since its ricochet he ends up killing himself :lol

Also, why did they remove the ability to be able to decide which direction the boxes are gonna drop? Before it would drop in the direction you were looking when you tossed it, now it just drops them in a random direction.

MW2 deserves an entry in the Guinness Book of Records for "Largest Handicapped Online Community", I'm convinced at least 70% of the people online have downs syndrome.

jedimike

I just ordered the FPS Freeks

fps1.png

I have a decent k/d (1.35), but I want to see if these things can help. Sometimes I have a hell of a time getting my cross-hairs on target. I'll just be slightly off... in game it's just inches off the player but on the actual screen, it's mere millimeters. I think this can help with the micro adjustment needed.

jedimike said:

fps1.png

I have a decent k/d (1.35), but I want to see if these things can help. Sometimes I have a hell of a time getting my cross-hairs on target. I'll just be slightly off... in game it's just inches off the player but on the actual screen, it's mere millimeters. I think this can help with the micro adjustment needed.

I have to say, I'm really curious as to what you think of them.

Be sure to post your impressions!

jedimike said:

I've been tempted to do the same.

Top Bottom