• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Jrmint

divisionbyzorro said:
Go back and watch some Machinima videos on YouTube of Call of Duty 4. It looks positively ancient compared to MW2.
Yes I agree. I played it a month or 2 ago, and everything looks a solid notch below MW2. It really is impressive how far they came.

I think, for example, Overgrown looks considerably better in this new map pack than it did in CoD4.

TDM play list with the new maps in is awesome. Crash came up, I started on the upper side, ran towards the three story bldg and tossed a sticky over the cement wall, triple kill. Guess people forgot about that tactic. :lol

zero margin said:
TDM play list with the new maps in is awesome. Crash came up, I started on the upper side, ran towards the three story bldg and tossed a sticky over the cement wall, triple kill. Guess people forgot about that tactic. :lol

Exactly the same thing happened to me the other day on SnD (ouch).

First time playing TDM today on Salvage (18-3, 28-1), Overgrown (28-2), Crash (8-3) and Storm (32-2, 25-3). No Bailout yet. So happy to be able to play TDM and not be restricted to objective game modes thus being able to explore and fight across all of the map.

I was on the chopper gunner on Salvage and somebody was taking cover in the doghouse. I tried killing him but then decided to spare him since he had the cheek to hide in there. He stayed in there for the duration and didn't die as I raped the rest of his team all around him. :D

Had one of my best TDM games last night. 44-3 on Derail. I was using my SMG/spas marathon/lightweight class. They kept trying to take the middle building from me and failed miserably. Once that chopper gunner came it was all over. :lol

jedimike

Spinning Plates said:
I was on the chopper gunner on Salvage and somebody was taking cover in the doghouse. I tried killing him but then decided to spare him since he had the cheek to hide in there. He stayed in there for the duration and didn't die as I raped the rest of his team all around him. :D

That doghouse is a frickin fortress... I had a similar situation with chopper gunner and someone in the doghouse (except I wasn't as nice). You will not get a hit marker if you hit the top of it. I was only getting hit markers when hitting the front and then it still took what seemed like a dozen shots to kill him.

jiien

divisionbyzorro said:
That's what happens when you spend four months doing nothing but building five maps and pretending to fix OMA :'(

Just popping in to see what was what. They still have yet to say anything about this? Shame.

jedimike said:
That doghouse is a frickin fortress... I had a similar situation with chopper gunner and someone in the doghouse (except I wasn't as nice). You will not get a hit marker if you hit the top of it. I was only getting hit markers when hitting the front and then it still took what seemed like a dozen shots to kill him.

That makes sense with what I experienced. Probably why I gave up on him. Well that and the fact someone else might have had me in their sights with a Stinger. I just let him be after the first attempt though. I still need to learn where openings are so I can shoot through into the buildings.

aku:jiki

Am I the only one starting to kinda hate Bailout? It's just so much like Scrapyard in that you get shot from everywhere all the time and there's just too many damn places to check when you're moving around... I thought it'd be my favorite too. :(

Starting to hate the sniping on Overgrown too. Can't take a step without getting sniped!

I'm liking Storm a little bit more as time passes (and people camp less) though, and Salvage and Crash are awesome and work very well in pretty much all modes. I especially like Domination on Salvage and Crash. I like how any playstyle works on both Crash and Salvage. :D

aku:jiki said:
Am I the only one starting to kinda hate Bailout? It's just so much like Scrapyard in that you get shot from everywhere all the time and there's just too many damn places to check when you're moving around... I thought it'd be my favorite too. :(

Starting to hate the sniping on Overgrown too. Can't take a step without getting sniped!

I'm liking Storm a little bit more as time passes (and people camp less) though, and Salvage and Crash are awesome and work very well in pretty much all modes. I especially like Domination on Salvage and Crash. I like how any playstyle works on both Crash and Salvage. :D

Bailout is great as long as you never go up the street. That's just asking for trouble :lol

Just played Estate and defended the house with my SPAS and enemies came in left and right. Got four (!!) headshots in a row over maybe half a minute. *pling* headshot *pling* headshot *pling* headshot *pling* headshot. :D

If there would have been an ingame voice shouting "GET THE HELL OF MY LAWN!" it would have been perfect. :lol

Jrmint

aku:jiki said:
Really? I'm surprised.

I actually feel that way about Storm, I haven't had much success on Storm at all. As for Bailout, I try and always stay inside and shoot across the windows, or on the edge of the outside areas, never down the middle, like Division said you're asking for a Semtex up your ass.

I can't believe how much I love Salvage, it is such a fun map, and I feel there is nothing else like it in the entire game. It kills me though how people still manage to camp on it even though it was designed to be a run and gun map. Either way, it is a blast.

divisionbyzorro said:
Bailout is great as long as you never go up the street. That's just asking for trouble :lol
I found this out the hard way. :( Now I instantly go one side or the other. :)

Storm is probably my favourite map now, overtaking even Favela and Terminal.

Foliorum Viridum said:
I found this out the hard way. :( Now I instantly go one side or the other. :)

Storm is probably my favourite map now, overtaking even Favela and Terminal.

I got my 9th EMP on Bailout by hanging out in the pool area, crouching behind the hedges and firing up the street with an AUG. That was my first time playing the map. I learned that if a map-newbie could do that on his very first play, I should never, ever run down the middle of that map. :lol

Dresden

Some of those houses in Bailout are pure deathtraps. One on the top half the map where the stairway curves twice going up the floor is just rape against the usual XBL player. Idiots will continuously charge up without realizing that I can open fire on them without ever being in sight as they climb up.

I think it's kinda sad that Crash is still the best map in the game. I like Overgrown, too, but a random Search and Destroy match with noobtubers ruined it for me.

itsgreen

I play HC S&D. What is the deal with 2 dudes in a corner, 1 with a shield, the other with an MG... and the MG guy unloads his stuff on the shield.

No enemy in sight, just doing that... over and over...

Seen it 3 times... is it just to piss the rest off?

Every other round was laggy as hell today... AGAIN. Same shit everyday. Who could have guessed that dedicated would have been a good idea in the end

OMGLOL A LLAMA

Neo Member
I don't mind moshpit playlist, though i wish they left out search. I'm all up for search but it totally breaks the mood especially right after sabotage :p

All in all the new maps are aweesome and the different gametypes force you to discover new areas/routes.

DoomGyver

I heard that the claymore delay has been shortened. Can lightweight users still run right through claymores?

(this is going to be a long month)

Full Recovery said:
I heard that the claymore delay has been shortened. Can lightweight users still run right through claymores?

I'm not sure if it has been shortened but I have noticed that I've been getting smashed with them a lot more often now. It feels like the radius is bigger instead, which pisses me off because sometimes they arent even facing me. I can still run right through them but if you snag something like a wall, you can get fucked.

Red Blaster said:
Will this fucking game please stop dropping me in matches where the best player on my team has 5 kills and 17 deaths.

Dont you just hate that? I love finishing a game with 28 kills in TDM while somebody on my team goes 5-28, great job.

Jrmint

Full Recovery said:

Yes. One of my biggest pet peeves with this game.

I would love to see someone in real life sprint through a claymore and see what happens.

Najaf

Skel said:
Yes. One of my biggest pet peeves with this game.

I would love to see someone in real life sprint through a claymore and see what happens.

Well, an actual claymore is hardwired, is set off by an operator and has a 50x30 yard kill zone. (fifty yards to the front produces approximately a thirty yard wide and eight foot high lethal zone) I vote we stick with the fictitious laser triggering system and allow a few other graces, such as letting sprinters skip through it.

Jrmint

Najaf said:
Well, an actual claymore is hardwired, is set off by an operator and has a 50x30 yard kill zone. (fifty yards to the front produces approximately a thirty yard wide and eight foot high lethal zone) I vote we stick with the fictitious laser triggering system and allow a few other graces, such as letting sprinters skip through it.
Not saying they should kill 50 yards out in the game, but there is no reason people should be able to run through them either.

You hit a claymore, you're dead, period. That's how it should work.

Skel said:
Not saying they should kill 50 yards out in the game, but there is no reason people should be able to run through them either.

You hit a claymore, you're dead, period. That's how it should work.
That is an awful idea. Then everyone would use nothing but claymores all the time and you would die around every corner.

Jrmint

backflip10019 said:
That is an awful idea. Then everyone would use nothing but claymores all the time and you would die around every corner.
I said if you hit them, not get in range. In range should not be a guaranteed kill, I'm saying if you actually run over it, because something needs to be done to stop these fucking knife runners.

Skel said:
I said if you hit them, not get in range. In range should not be a guaranteed kill, I'm saying if you actually run over it, because something needs to be done to stop these fucking knife runners.
Ah gotcha, didn't notice that distinction. Yeah I definitely agree with that.

DoomGyver

There is really one fault in getting killed by a claymore in this game, you.

Counters:
SitRep pro
scrambler pro
flash
stun
the red lasers saying hey look at me
you can shoot them/blow them up with a semtex

I don't think there is anything in the game with more counters than a claymore. So I'd be fine if it was an instant kill if you trip one.

Top Bottom