• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

yup, stopping power was a crutch. Ever since switching to hardline I find myself taking that extra second to try and get a better shot where as with SP I would have been a bit(lot) more careless.

Fuckdammit, 24 kills in a row TWICE today. I just want my 2 nukes so I can move on...
I even had a chopper gunner ready on other of those situations, but couldn't use it because air space was to crowded and then the round ended

aku:jiki

bobs99 ... said:
Sounds like the glitched servers, which I loved :lol
It's pretty much just like that. I love it and wish it wasn't so rare in the MP playlist. :D

PetriP-TNT said:
Fuckdammit, 24 kills in a row TWICE today. I just want my 2 nukes so I can move on...
I even had a chopper gunner ready on other of those situations, but couldn't use it because air space was to crowded and then the round ended
I went 23-0 yesterday and 24-0 today, then I realized how high my streak was, got nervous and got myself promptly killed...and I didn't even have the nuke equipped! :lol

Swag

Why does Steam do the first time setup for this game every time I launch it? I've launched it 7 times and it still does the Direct X setup Every Time.

So Annoying.

DuckRacer said:
Just started using the F2000 for the first time and it's amazing. Can't believe the gun was crapped on by everyone.

It's not as bad as its reputation, but it is easily the worst of the assault rifles.

kaizoku said:
For those not enjoying it anymore, the main reason might be that as you play more and get better, any game you lose starts to annoy you more and more until you no longer enjoy it purely because you've developed a taste and expectation for winning.

It's a good idea sometimes to forget about winning and just play for fun. Kinda cleanses the palette.

Riot shield griefing and trying lesser played modes is what rekindled my joy

I've been finding a lot of joy in playing CTF. It's incredibly satisfying to play as a runner with a Tactical Insertion hidden behind their base in a place that they won't think to look for it.

Flag Runner + 50
Flag Capture + 250

I did this once 7 times in a match during double XP weekend...that's 7700 EXP right there.

Fuck that. S+D was where the XP was at. 6000 for shooting down a harrier. Piss easy with stinger and cold blooded. ;)

Don't think I ever got less than 12,000XP during double XP thanks to S+D. Now getting 5,000 in a match seems like nothing. :lol

DuckRacer said:
Just started using the F2000 for the first time and it's amazing. Can't believe the gun was crapped on by everyone.
You're wrong. It is one of the worst guns in the game. It has no power and, as Mr. Bateman said above, kicks like a motherfucking mule. And burst shooting just doesn't seem to work with it. So, yeah, there's a reason everyone says it's awful in comparison to all of the other guns in the game... because it is.

I get the feeling that no one on here plays ground war, else ways they would all be complaining about the turrible hacker infestation plaguing it.

krameriffic said:
I get the feeling that no one on here plays ground war, else ways they would all be complaining about the turrible hacker infestation plaguing it.

No, I've played it. I literally stood there knifing someone over and over for several seconds at one point. There's also people running around as Spectators (a fourth team with black names) and still killing away, complete with nuke at the end. And as I said in the Steam thread, this is me playing as a Level 70 General thanks to getting matched to a server that decided my Level 5 deserved a "Bonus XP Day". :lol

zero margin said:

The video wasn't nearly as fun as this comment:

You do stupid shit like using a stinger to try to "shoot down" a nuke on SEARCH AND DESTROY of all gametypes, while complaining about "modded controllers" that aren't even being used and complaining about double pane glass... CLEARLY IT MUST BE THE GAMES FAULT HUH? NOT YOUR DUMB ASS?
And controller was clearly modded

kuYuri

Just finished a session with MW2 PC thanks to Steam free weekend. It invigorates my love for KB/M controls for this game. I can snipe so much better with them.

Didn't run into any hackers either so far.

bobs99 ... said:
I just dont enjoy using them, they take the challenge away a bit for me, not that I act like a retard with snipers but I would find a lucky no scope SO MUCH more satisfying than simply pointing my shotgun and shooting.

Isn't no scoping just pointing and shooting? I don't see how that's any different.

Also, why would anyone be more satisfied with a lucky shot, that a deserved skill shot?

And people who go prone whilst shooting, fuck you. I wanna punch you in the face.

MarkMclovin said:
Isn't no scoping just pointing and shooting? I don't see how that's any different.

Also, why would anyone be more satisfied with a lucky shot, that a deserved skill shot?

And people who go prone whilst shooting, fuck you. I wanna punch you in the face.

Well you have to aim a LOT more with the sniper, and even a lucky no scope would be more interesting to me gameplay wise than a run of the mill shotgun kill.

Dont take me out of context, I was just commenting on why the OP shouldnt be so agitated when people are using the sniper instead of the shotgun at close range - for some people the shotgun is just boring.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
krameriffic said:

Ground War is absolutely terrible. 9v9 is way too many people for almost every map and it really sucks the fun out of it.

Man going stealth in this game is SO satisfying.

For the last few weeks I've been using:
SCAR w/ silencer and ACOG
SPAS-12 w/ silencer and grip
Bling
Cold Blooded
Ninja

This absolute decimates in S+D. On maps such as Estate, Overgrown, Underpass, Wasteland and Rundown I can just disappear in long grass. If I go prone in some grass with a clear sight of a bomb site I will take out 2/3 people most round without them having any idea I'm about. :lol It's great for both protecting from attackers, and defending a placed bomb.

On more urban maps I find it harder to get such good results, however there's usually a good nook or cranny I can claim and get a nice vantage.

I'm sure I'll be branded as a camper, but whatever. It's a great tactic.

Seanspeed said:
Legit tactic. You should try it sometime instead of complaining about it.
It's legit and allowed, sure, but just like quickscoping and shit, it's ridiculous and pretty cowardly. I'd rather outskill the other guy with aim and tactics than dropping to the ground every time I run into someone.

Foliorum Viridum said:
I'm sure I'll be branded as a camper, but whatever. It's a great tactic.
There's a difference between being stealthy and camping, and what you're describing is camping.

I am becoming addicted to the pc version due to steam, fuck!

I find burst fire weapons a ton easier to use on the pc for obvious reasons, I still don't really know the maps by heart and always get ambushed by others who take sneaky routes and throw grenades in gaps, stuff I need to learn about.

I also ran into a low gravity and fast running match, 2nd glitched game I have seen this weekend.

I also LOVE the shotgun, it actually does what it's suppose to do at close range unlike most games (gears of war) so I managed an 11 kill streak on one of those snow maps, called in harrier and chopper gunner, then used my care packaged to get a pave low, or something.

aku:jiki said:
There's a difference between being stealthy and camping, and what you're describing is camping.
In S+D you're meant to protect a bomb site, or protect a bomb. Running around is idiotic; finding a tactical position where you know the enemies will be flocking to is common sense and helps the team. The guy who is running around will always be picked off by the smart player who picks a good spot. If I lay down in an area which was miles away from an objective then I'd accept it as camping.

Man, attitudes haven't changed since I used to get kicked from Counter-Strike servers for protecting hostages and refusing to run around maps when the objective of the other team is to attack. :lol

MDJCM

Im such a simulation geek, just cannot play anything but hardcore mode anymore

Now, i know COD is never a great simulation, but Hardcore mode is so much closer to life, regular modes feel really stupid, 3 bursts to take a guy down?? Boooo

MDJCM said:
Im such a simulation geek, just cannot play anything but hardcore mode anymore

Now, i know COD is never a great simulation, but Hardcore mode is so much closer to life, regular modes feel really stupid, 3 bursts to take a guy down?? Boooo
Do you not aim at the head? :p

I like hardcore modes too but not tried it in cod yet, in fact I find it's rather easy to kill and die normally anyway in regular modes, compared to other shooters.

How extreme is hardcore? like 1 bullet to the foot?

Foliorum Viridum said:
In S+D you're meant to protect a bomb site, or protect a bomb. Running around is idiotic; finding a tactical position where you know the enemies will be flocking to is common sense and helps the team. The guy who is running around will always be picked off by the smart player who picks a good spot. If I lay down in an area which was miles away from an objective then I'd accept it as camping.
Man, you had to pull the "everybody who doesn't camp is an idiot" card, didn't you? You can run and gun with a strategic mindset, you know. It is also possible to move around strategically without running, taking cover every few feet. You don't have to sit in a dark corner like a bitchand I personally wouldn't call that a smart playstyle at all. Remembering chokepoints and abusing them doesn't exactly take massive intelligence.

PetriP-TNT said:
Hardcore would be waaaaaay more fun if heartbeat sensors were disabled
That's one thing I really don't understand. Why the fuck are people joining the hardcore mode if they don't want to play hardcore FPS? Just join a regular TDM if you're too scared of playing without a UAV!

Most people don't do that though. They run around with akimbo shotguns or interventions then get taken out shortly after spawning. That does nothing for the team. I recognise not everyone does that, but the majority do in my experience.

Dresden

A buddy of mine would always convince me to go rocket running. RPG+C4+Marathon Pro/Lightweight Pro/Commando. Worked wonders in domination, although it was cheap as hell. No flag was safe, especially if the match was ten seconds in and we were already in their spawn blowing the fuck out of people trying to cap their first flag.

That's one thing I really don't understand. Why the fuck are people joining the hardcore mode if they don't want to play hardcore FPS? Just join a regular TDM if you're too scared of playing without a UAV!

I guess it's fun to camp in corners when you can see every one coming towards you before they even get a chance of shooting you

Dresden said:
HBS in hardcore? If you don't have Ninja Pro on, maybe you deserve to die.
The issue shouldn't even exist. One of the big points of HC is to play without radar, so why the hell do they allow people to carry their own personal radar into that mode?

It's legit and allowed, sure, but just like quickscoping and shit, it's ridiculous and pretty cowardly. I'd rather outskill the other guy with aim and tactics than dropping to the ground every time I run into someone.

I'm with you on this one. Dropshotting feels like it's against the spirit of the game; it's abusing the mechanics to gain the advantage over those of us who can't co-ordinate every single one of our fingers together in perfect harmony. I can't blame someone for doing it, but it's frustrating that IW let it stay in the game.

Man, you had to pull the "everybody who doesn't camp is an idiot" card, didn't you? You can run and gun with a strategic mindset, you know. It is also possible to move around strategically without running, taking cover every few feet. You don't have to sit in a dark corner like a bitchand I personally wouldn't call that a smart playstyle at all. Remembering chokepoints and abusing them doesn't exactly take massive intelligence.

I hate to say it, but just deal with it or don't play S&D. It's an assault mode. The entire goal is to lock down pre-defined areas of the map and prevent them from being taken. Why shouldn't he sit in a blind corner at a common chokepoint? You do what works. And if the other team is communicating well and playing intelligently as a team, it's not going to work more than once anyway.

WoR has made a video discrediting GUNIT's 30 second nuke, I always thought it was odd that the whole team capped B and stood there for a while. If you look at his knife-only nuke in terminal that looks set-up too. The entire lobby ran around the 'sunglasses' shop with sniper rifles looking like they were just waiting to be stabbed..

divisionbyzorro said:
I hate to say it, but just deal with it or don't play S&D. It's an assault mode. The entire goal is to lock down pre-defined areas of the map and prevent them from being taken. Why shouldn't he sit in a blind corner at a common chokepoint? You do what works. And if the other team is communicating well and playing intelligently as a team, it's not going to work more than once anyway.
Exactly. :)

I'm always smart enough to use a new spot each time, though. :p

celestial body said:
WoR has made a video discrediting GUNIT's 30 second nuke, I always thought it was odd that the whole team capped B and stood there for a while. If you look at his knife-only nuke in terminal that looks set-up too. The entire lobby ran around the 'sunglasses' shop with sniper rifles looking like they were just waiting to be stabbed..

Link? I know not what WoR is to even search for it.

MDJCM said:

Better still, several point-blank shots won't take him down, but if he waves a knife in the air within 15 feet of you, instant kill. :lol

It's a little strange how they have the "Last Stand" system designed in and everything, but unless you specifically have that perk (not the killstreak version, I know I've probably switched the names), it doesn't kick in if you get, say, shot in the leg or foot to death. Which happens a lot.

benita

Banned
Played over the free weekend and ended up with a K;D ratio of about 1:6

Safe to say I won't be buying this.

I really wish IW and DICE would include bots in their multiplayer modes.

I KNOW that a bot isn't any match for a human player but it provides a reasonable challenge for a noob while they work out the maps/weapons/perks etc. And when you see what EPIC has done you can't really argue that it's too hard to program decent - not fantastic, decent - AI.

BTW, I acknowledge that I suck at this game. That's the whole point. Playing it this way doesn't give me any real chance to get better.

Loxley

Bowling Tweeted (more or less) that OMA is being looked at, 'bout time :p

@fourzerotwo

Leaving Atlanta. Great to meet everyone who auditioned for @wcggamertvshow, now back to the studio. Seems there are OMA things to attend to.

kuYuri

Apparently, the last update on Xbox 360 version makes it so that Pave Lows add to your killstreak. Any 360 player would like to confirm if this was indeed fixed?

Tamanon

Banned
They've worked for me, although it might still be busted a different way, I was also getting killstreak kills from a Care Packaged one too.

HappyDad

Neo Member
Stallion Free said:
Just finished another 3 hour play session with a mixture of PC gaffers, mainly the gaf L4D crew + NIN90. NIN90 is a beast. It's a fucking blast when your team is you and 5 buddies. Sooooo good. A couple of them are purchasing it now :D
What do you mean by a couple of them are purchasing it now? They played them without buying first?

HappyDad

Neo Member
divisionbyzorro said:
I'm with you on this one. Dropshotting feels like it's against the spirit of the game; it's abusing the mechanics to gain the advantage over those of us who can't co-ordinate every single one of our fingers together in perfect harmony. I can't blame someone for doing it, but it's frustrating that IW let it stay in the game.
Personally, I don't do this, but it's no better or worse than those who hop Halo style as soon as they see enemies. Similar example can be campers vs lightweight knife runners; they're both allowed tactics with equal amount of frustrated people on the other side.

Lunchbox

Banned

its a dropshot, used ever since the invention of the crouch/prone button. learn it for your own good

switch button layout to "Tactical" intead of default, then you crouch with right stick/knife with B. you can go prone in the middle of firing by clicking

"outskill" :lol

Loxley

Normally I cringe at blatant product placement (I'm actually very surprised he wasn't playing one of the Stimulus Package maps :p) but I'll admit, I chuckled ;)

Top Bottom