• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Free For Alls have been very nice to me lately. It's amazing how well you can do with a silenced UMP running around like a chicken with your head cut off. Over the past couple days I've gotten all of the game-winning kill challenges done through FFA; the only two I still have left are AC-130 and care package drop. I have no idea how to do that last one; I figure I'll have to get an Emergeny Airdrop, chuck it out into the middle of a high-traffic area, and hope for the best :lol

Has anyone here ever managed to kill an enemy by dropping a crate on them?

EDIT: Oh, and you know how if you come across the exact same weapon that you're holding (including attachments), you'll pick up the ammo for it even if you don't have Scavenger? So many people use silenced UMPs in FFA that it I almost never run out of ammo. That gun is way overpowered for FFA :lol

Tamanon

Banned
So I finally got all the challenges for the Intervention done yesterday, and swapped over to the WA-2000.....man it's such a better rifle, I put myself through a lot of needless pain.:lol

aku:jiki

divisionbyzorro said:
I have no idea how to do that last one; I figure I'll have to get an Emergeny Airdrop, chuck it out into the middle of a high-traffic area, and hope for the best :lol
My idea for it is to play Rust FFA, equip care package, sentry and EAD, save everything until I have 1450 points and then toss everything in the same spot. Has to work!

Tamanon said:
So I finally got all the challenges for the Intervention done yesterday, and swapped over to the WA-2000.....man it's such a better rifle, I put myself through a lot of needless pain.:lol
This is just crazy talk. Getting damage markers in people's faces with the WAZOO and the M21 is the ultimate pain in this game. :(

Miggytronz

last night on scrapyard. Get EAD, throw it behind me, tell teammates to back me up, EAD drops, I turn around nothing, look up, FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

*pic taken by my friend*
26777_429906779501_686389501_5439259_2232735_n.jpg

Najaf

Mikasangelos said:
last night on scrapyard. Get EAD, throw it behind me, tell teammates to back me up, EAD drops, I turn around nothing, look up, FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

:lol I've had bad drops, but nothing like that.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Mikasangelos said:

*pic taken by my friend*

:lol That's great.

divisionbyzorro said:
Has anyone here ever managed to kill an enemy by dropping a crate on them?

Got someone with a crate yesterday on underpass, dropped my crate at the top of the hill, it rolled down as I chased after it and it rolled over someone at the bottom, made my day to be sure! :lol

Meier

After spending a ton of time on FF13, I think I am jonesing for MW2 again.. probably will give in and buy the Stimulus Pack sometime this week.

Mileena

Banned
aku:jiki said:
I've been getting annoyed by painkiller myself lately. I've posted it over and over, but god damn it, it's just nowhere near cool that a guy shows up in the objective with painkiller on. I just can't figure out how IW could think that would be fun for anyone.
The worst is someone that has painkiller while using the knife class. I don't even know why I bother shooting them, it's not possible to kill them.

Mikasangelos said:
i need to keep my eyes out for that one.
It shouldn't take you long. I was trying for a long time to do it with a bomb planter on S+D until I realised they had to be seriously retarded to allow that to happen, so I had the idea to plant it on an idle player and I seem to recall managing it quite quickly afterwards.

You just need to be lucky in stumbling across them with a care package (get one early, save it throughout game) and of course not having them come back and running for their lives upon seeing red smoke around them.

Foliorum Viridum said:
You guys should just do what I did for the crate challenge: take advantage of an enemy being idle. :lol

Ive noticed on the ps3 recently when someone ditches the game and they were the host it leaves their character standing there with a ? instead of a name, it still counts as a kill when you shoot them which is a odd, you could always find one then call in a CP by them and wait to see if it gets them in time.

DataBot

Just WTF is wrong with with IW and Vac, just played the PC version Aimhackers everywhere each time i joined a game...
The last 1 was horrible 5 cheaters in 1 game seriously WTF??????????.

FUCK YOU ACTIVISON!!!!!!!!! FUCK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!

Anybody have any news regarding the official hans zimmer mw2 soundtrack? I remmeber 402 said something about it months ago but I havent seen anything related to it since.

Mikasangelos said:

*pic taken by my friend*

that is, FUCK, i dont know what that is.

jiien

corkscrewblow said:
The worst is someone that has painkiller while using the knife class. I don't even know why I bother shooting them, it's not possible to kill them.

Haha yeah. And with the crappy spawn system (at times), it's often the guy you JUST killed, coming back at you from the same direction he was before. And you have that feeling that, man what an idiot, I'll just kill him over and over, and then you get sudden realization that YOU'RE the one that put him in painkiller, and he's now untouchable. Damnit.

venom2124

Lionheart1827 said:
Anybody have any news regarding the official hans zimmer mw2 soundtrack? I remmeber 402 said something about it months ago but I havent seen anything related to it since.
I would love to know too. Been checking itunes every few weeks but no dice so far. Zimmer's website does mention it's in the works though.

DRE Fei

Mikasangelos said:

*pic taken by my friend*
Lol man the same thing happened to me on Underpass when I first got the game.

So does anyone know what happened to the PC mod tools they hinted at a while back? I'm assuming that the shakeup at IW has probably put the kibosh on all of that stuff :(

Have any of you guys got HD PVR's and record your gameplay for Youtube channels. Surprised a lot of you aint uploading a few if you have.

I've just picked up one myself (well a month ago, but just finally got round to getting it working last night) may post a few games up here soonish :)

kuYuri

bobs99 ... said:
All went in a single hour, wow.

It was less than that. I responded about 12 minutes after he made that post and I didn't get one. That means at least 100 responses in under 12 minutes.

I'm starting to learn and really love the Javelin. It takes a while to realize things like if you want to shoot at a tricky spot you don't have line of sight for, lock on the wall behind it, etc. I managed to basically win us two Demolition matches in a row because I got Javelin multi-kills at just the right moments (which is mostly luck). The other team all quit after I multi'd them right when they were doing a unified plant on Bailout. :lol

Also got my favorite streak ever... From 0 to Stealth Bomber in like 20 seconds; I AT4'd one dude, ducked down and pulled out the P90 and got a guy when I jumped up again. Got both their Scavenger bags for the AT4 and ran upstairs and immediately fired the AT4 at the guy coming...turns out he had two buddies for the Predator! Fired the Predator and lucked into catching the guys I just killed as they were respawning and got 4 kills with that. It went faster than this paragraph takes to read! :lol

-MikePriester- said:
Have any of you guys got HD PVR's and record your gameplay for Youtube channels. Surprised a lot of you aint uploading a few if you have.

I've just picked up one myself (well a month ago, but just finally got round to getting it working last night) may post a few games up here soonish :)
I don't record, but I really want to do it. I at least want to have made one badass montage!

What do you need and how much does it end up costing to get decent quality?

NIN90

DataBot said:
Just WTF is wrong with with IW and Vac, just played the PC version Aimhackers everywhere each time i joined a game...
The last 1 was horrible 5 cheaters in 1 game seriously WTF??????????.

FUCK YOU ACTIVISON!!!!!!!!! FUCK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!

I call BS.

Infinity

Mikasangelos said:

What are the odds?

There should be an achievement for that.
:D

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Man last night was such an up and down night for me. I'd go 20-2 one game then the next game I'd struggle to break even ad go 10-9. It was like that all night. I just started my 3rd prestige Sunday so I'm really missing my claymores. They are good for at least 4 or 5 kills a game and probably save me from at least 2 or 3 deaths when the connection is good. When its not people go right through them but even then they give me a warning that someone is near.

Haha, what the fuck?! I've been in a hacked lobby, apparently... Last time I checked my accuracy, I had about 19%, but now I have -11.55%! Apparently I've fired over a million bullets but only hit 200k of them. WTF?! :lol

Haha, what the fuck?! I've been in a hacked lobby, apparently... Last time I checked my accuracy, I had about 19%, but now I have -11.55%! Apparently I've fired over a million bullets but only hit 200k of them. WTF?! :lol

Your accuracy is in the negatives, what the hell!?? Even if you missed all your shots that would mean its a flat 0. How the hell did they manage to do that, they must have made every shot count as like -5% or something insane :lol

That really sucks though, thank god it was a stat and not your rank or something that got messed up.

KingOfSoap

Neo Member
Who cares about stats anyway in this unbalanced game? It's not like stats are proof of skill :lol

I rediscovered the FAL, still an awesome gun with stopping power and slight of hand.

mr_boo

KingOfSoap said:
Who cares about stats anyway in this unbalanced game? It's not like stats are proof of skill :lol

I rediscovered the FAL, still an awesome gun with stopping power and slight of hand.
FAL is still my all time favorite weapon across the board. FAL w Hardline or FAL w Stopping Power Bling'ed with Holo Sight + Silencer are my main FAL kits.

I wish I were proficient with the FAL's iron sights (I'm actually not really good with any AR's iron sights given my AR play style). If I was, I would probably have a 3rd kit centered on DC.

FAL w GL
AA-12 with Extended Mags
Claymores
Scavenger, DC, Ninja

Since I'm more or less reliant on the Holo Sight, it's hard to justify a DC kit without a method to re-fill your explosives (Scavenger or OMA).

I'm starting to learn and really love the Javelin....
What's the kit you're running? I'm guessing it's a DC kit, right? Is Javelin the preferred secondary now for DC-based kits?

vhfive

KingOfSoap said:

I used the FAL a lot when I first started (pretty much up until I prestiged my first time) but I have found that lag can completely fuck you over with it and I have found more success with the SCAR.

Top Bottom