• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

jiien

zam said:
Or shoot down a helicopter (any kind) with anything, and as it is spinning out going down, whip out a gun and keep shooting it (lmg is great for this). Each bullet hit as it is spinning out will count as 1 for your cold-blooded.

In order to make it spin out like that, you have to take out the helicopter with a gun (which is why LMG is good), not with a launcher. If you use a launcher, the helicopter just blows into pieces. If I recall correctly.

Tiger uppercut said:
taking the easy way out here.. would anybody care to help me boost for cold blooded pro?

Since I don't think there's a way to boost without fucking over anyone else who get's stuck in a game with you, please don't.

Besides, how hard is it to earn Cold Blooded Pro legit? I know its one of my favorite perks to earn pro. Just grab that shitty first launcher, go into FFA games and shoot down UAVs. It's hilarious how people start to react when all their UAVs drop the second they go up.

ZZMitch

jiien said:
In order to make it spin out like that, you have to take out the helicopter with a gun (which is why LMG is good), not with a launcher. If you use a launcher, the helicopter just blows into pieces. If I recall correctly.

I think pavelows spin out.

kuYuri

jiien said:

You can use one shot from an AT4 right when the chopper comes out to deal significant damage to it without destroying it, then use an LMG to finish it off. Stingers/Javelin are the ones to avoid using because they will outright destroy everything.

Strider2K99 said:
You can use one shot from an AT4 right when the chopper comes out to deal significant damage to it without destroying it, then use an LMG to finish it off. Stingers/Javelin are the ones to avoid using because they will outright destroy everything.
When there's an enemy cobra I shoot it with the at4, kill myself and shoot it again. Then it spins and shoot it with the lmg

Only one game-winning kill challenge to go, and you all know what it is. Ugh.

On the plus side, I did manage to complete the Heads Up! challenge! Too bad it wasn't for a game winning kill though :(

-viper-

Banned
MDavis360 said:
I got mad simply watching that video. Fucking campers.
This is why I hate this game.

Yet I can't stop playing it because its also pretty fun (when playing with friends).

I've got a love/hate relationship with MW2.

It's a camping shitfest but when things are going your way its fun. The patches have improved it a lot. But they need to get rid of OMA nube tubing cunts.

jiien

Strider2K99 said:

Ah. I've never really used the AT4 (what a shitty launcher), so I assumed it behaved like the other launchers.

snack

Can I get the Infected title from one of you guys? I still don't have it yet. I'll add you in a free-for-all game. :)

My 360 gamer tag is: The Japanator

kuYuri

jiien said:
Ah. I've never really used the AT4 (what a shitty launcher), so I assumed it behaved like the other launchers.

It seems that way, but it certainly have its uses, especially with Danger Close. It's more accurate than an RPG (goes straighter), does as much damage, and of course, is useful for taking out UAV/Counter UAV. I've been trying to use it with my DC class and it's great.

-viper- said:
But they need to get rid of OMA nube tubing cunts.

They shouldn't be allowed to use Scavenger either. That will also cut down the shitty spamfests that some lobbies descend into. Probably more so that the OMA nerfing will.

Dresden

Close to 250 headshots with the F2000, I'm not sure if I'll bother getting Mastery on this gun. It's not TOO bad, and it's quite good without Stopping Power, but man is it frustrating to use sometimes...

Also got my sixth nuke in four days. Being a cheap, camping bastard is paying off immensely.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Just made it to lv 68...
I had a really good match today using akimbo uzis where I got like a 15 kill streak with no killstreaks equipped and finally got that awesome emblem I wanted. After my guns ran out of ammo I'd have to pick up a dead enemy's gun to keep fighting, then did that 2-3 times lol

TheOddOne said:
Maby its just me but that was terrible playing on his account. He knows that they are campers, so don't rush into things.

I think the videos a joke to be fair, if its not he's truly an aweful player :lol

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Just got some more hate mail from someone whining about me "camping". :lol

Yet I managed to move around enough the loser could never find me in the same spot twice. Camping and camper have to be the most overused and misused words in the MW2 vocab.

Brian Fellows said:

Yet I managed to move around enough the loser could never find me in the same spot twice. Camping and camper have to be the most overused and misused words in the MW2 vocab.

Well in my opinion, if you simply moved from spot to spot after every kill, you were camping. If you were moving around the map slowly and carefully you werent.

Dabanton

bobs99 ... said:
Well in my opinion, if you simply moved from spot to spot after every kill, you were camping. If you were moving around the map slowly and carefully you werent.

Camping is such a catch all term if i was defending an area on the map and none of the opposing team bothered to come and deal with me i would be accused of 'camping'.

Which is silly imo.

When used properly shutting down a map to the enemy is a great tactic just push them into one area while your team moves in is awesome.

Problems and frustration come when people get killed by someone in an area then run straight back there to kill them only to get owned again.

Dabanton said:
Camping is such a catch all term if i was defending an area on the map and none of the opposing team bothered to come and deal with me i would be accused of 'camping'.

Which is silly imo.

When used properly shutting down a map to the enemy is a great tactic just push them into one area while your team moves in is awesome.

Problems and frustration come when people get killed by someone in an area then run straight back there to kill them only to get owned again.

Well I dont want to get into a "its a legitimate strategy" argument. :lol

Locking down area's of the map is effective, I do it myself, but I do admit im not exactly doing much more than sitting in one spot and shooting unsuspecting suckers. So yeah any hate mail I get I deserve.

If your sitting in a low traffic area of the map, you really are preying on people who dont expect it. Even if thats not technically camping its frustrating to die to (and cant be much fun to do). With randoms you cant exactly rally a group to attack that one guy so in most servers he gets away with it. Personally if I get killed in that manner once I flat out avoid that area of the map. but yeah I do think its fair to generalize this type of dirty play as camping.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I pretty much held down the area behind the sniper perch in Afghan all by myself for an entire game against a horde shitty players who can't shoot for shit. I just don't see that as camping. More like holding a strong point on the map.

bobs99 ... said:
If your sitting in a low traffic area of the map, you really are preying on people who dont expect it. Even if thats not technically camping its frustrating to die to (and cant be much fun to do). With randoms you cant exactly rally a group to attack that one guy so in most servers he gets away with it. Personally if I get killed in that manner once I flat out avoid that area of the map. but yeah I do think its fair to generalize this type of dirty play as camping.

it's extremely fun to do. thats why so many people do it.

Today i played that junkyard-map from the map pack and was hiding in that wooden sniper house. I killed like 8 guys just sitting at the top of the stairs with my old trusty SPAS. I don't know what was going on with that other team, but they just went in one by one after the first one got killed and so one... :D

This happened in 1-2 minutes btw.

aku:jiki

Brian Fellows said:
Today, I was consistently (as in between every single round in S&D) berated for...using my ears. :lol

They yelled that I was "such a soundwhore" and kept complaining on and on about me having SitRep Pro. Seriously, complaining about the fact that I have functional ears? What's next, complaining that I aimed down sight to kill them? :lol

Brian Fellows said:
I pretty much held down the area behind the sniper perch in Afghan all by myself for an entire game against a horde shitty players who can't shoot for shit. I just don't see that as camping. More like holding a strong point on the map.
That's what I like to call "involuntary camping!" When you're trying to move on, but they keep coming back for revenge which forces you to camp to not get killed. My camping is your own fault, fool! :lol

zam

aku:jiki said:
Today, I was consistently (as in between every single round in S&D) berated for...using my ears. :lol

They yelled that I was "such a soundwhore" and kept complaining on and on about me having SitRep Pro. Seriously, complaining about the fact that I have functional ears? What's next, complaining that I aimed down sight to kill them? :lol

That's what I like to call "involuntary camping!" When you're trying to move on, but they keep coming back for revenge which forces you to camp to not get killed. My camping is your own fault, fool! :lol
dude stop being such an eyewhore. using your eyes to spot and kill people, that's so cheap

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Mojo said:
Flanking > Camping

My favorite level to flank on in Wasteland. People get so caught up in either trying to take or hold that bunker that its so easy to swing around and wipe out a whole team from behind.

ScrubJay

I got this game on Friday and am hooked. Of course with scrub perks and weapons and not knowing the maps at all I'm getting owned badly, but I'm getting the hang of a few maps and even killing people now and then. So much stuff to unlock makes my inner achievement whore a very happy man.

itsgreen

snack said:
How do you mod your gamertag and can you get banned for doing it?

Dunno and yes. You will be banned very hard. As in, goodbye sir. It was fun.

You need to have a modded console for those nice colors and stuff, atleast access to one, and MS doesnt like that.

vhfive

itsgreen said:

You need to have a modded console for those nice colors and stuff, atleast access to one, and MS doesnt like that.
I file a complaint against everyone I see. Even though I don't know if MS actually does anything about it (I see one almost every time I play).

itsgreen said:

You don't have to have a modded console yourself. A friend of a friend (who I play with occasionally) bought his way into a modded lobby a few weeks ago. Along with getting to 10th prestige and getting all titles and emblems, he got some modded gamertags as well. So you do have to engage in questionable activities, but you don't have to mod your own console. I gave him a little lecture, but since he's a friend (ish) I didn't report him. Hypocritical yes, but whatever.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I started using the riot shield today and it's tons of fun to use. It's always funny to see people's reaction when they run into you and don't know what to do. :lol I also got some cool emblems/titles using it. I've got the option to prestige or not but I think I'll stay lv 70.

zam

celcius said:
I started using the riot shield today and it's tons of fun to use. It's always funny to see people's reaction when they run into you and don't know what to do. :lol I also got some cool emblems/titles using it. I've got the option to prestige or not but I think I'll stay lv 70.
That's when you bust out the akimbo rafficas because 95% of players don't expect you to have a secondary. Either that or Riot Shield and C4 with scavenger and danger close. Throw the c4, double-tap reload and boom!

serious question... why would they leave grenade launchers in the game? i mean they have to be the most annoying fucking part of the game for me and i assume many others, i have no idea why they thought it was a good idea to make the same mistake twice

snack

Neverender said:
serious question... why would they leave grenade launchers in the game? i mean they have to be the most annoying fucking part of the game for me and i assume many others, i have no idea why they thought it was a good idea to make the same mistake twice

Grenade launchers are fine. But when you can OMA spam the grenade launchers, that's just fail.

Top Bottom