• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

vhfive said:
I used the FAL a lot when I first started (pretty much up until I prestiged my first time) but I have found that lag can completely fuck you over with it and I have found more success with the SCAR.
I used to play FAL all the time when I first got it because of it's high headshot/kill-ratio and accuracy, but you can't really win 1-3 situations with it so I switched to TAR

aku:jiki

mr_boo said:
What's the kit you're running? I'm guessing it's a DC kit, right? Is Javelin the preferred secondary now for DC-based kits?
Yeah, DC. You miss so many shots with the Javelin anyway, it kinda feels like you have to have it to up your chances of getting a kill.

I think the Thumper is still the preferred DC secondary - the Javelin is a crap shoot and is really hard to use in certain modes... But it's a lot of fun and a big Javelin multi-kill is one of the most satisyfing things in the game. :D

aku:jiki said:
Yeah, DC. You miss so many shots with the Javelin anyway, it kinda feels like you have to have it to up your chances of getting a kill.

I think the Thumper is still the preferred DC secondary - the Javelin is a crap shoot and is really hard to use in certain modes... But it's a lot of fun and a big Javelin multi-kill is one of the most satisyfing things in the game. :D

I still prefer the RPG as a DC secondary, but if you're repeatedly prestiging you don't get to use it very often :(

KingOfSoap

Neo Member
PetriP-TNT said:
I used to play FAL all the time when I first got it because of it's high headshot/kill-ratio and accuracy, but you can't really win 1-3 situations with it so I switched to TAR

Get one of the handguns as your secondary and you can switch to the handgun after killing one with the FAL. I use handguns alot as secondary cause switching to it goes soo fast, its awesome when facing more opponents or when your clip is empty.

divisionbyzorro said:
I still prefer the RPG as a DC secondary, but if you're repeatedly prestiging you don't get to use it very often :(
Nah, the RPG sucks! It takes so long to fire, the rocket moves slowly and it does that stupid spiraling shit so you can never hit with precision over 10 feet. The AT4, Javelin and Thumper are way more fun to use. :D

Sucks that Scavenger Pro doesn't affect launchers though. Still only start with 1 for AT4 and Javelin...

Najaf

KingOfSoap said:
Get one of the handguns as your secondary and you can switch to the handgun after killing one with the FAL. I use handguns alot as secondary cause switching to it goes soo fast, its awesome when facing more opponents or when your clip is empty.

Very true. The fast swap is especially handy in Hardcore where a pistol is extremely effective.

Nah, the RPG sucks! It takes so long to fire, the rocket moves slowly and it does that stupid spiraling shit so you can never hit with precision over 10 feet. The AT4, Javelin and Thumper are way more fun to use. :D

Sucks that Scavenger Pro doesn't affect launchers though. Still only start with 1 for AT4 and Javelin...

You're making me want to put a Javelin on my DC class (which currently has an AT-4) and screw around with it tonight. :lol

zam said:
that's how aku:jiki sounds when I play with him :lol

Somehow that's how I always imagined him! :lol :lol

By the way, am I the only guy who get super antsy when the team is a few kills away from victory in TDM? I start doing super stupid stuff, like running headlong into blind corners hoping to get that last kill. It almost never works; I just end up getting killed and some other dude picks off the last kill with an AR in the most boring way.

But every once in a while I roll around the corner and BRRRAAAAP - double kill with G18s :lol Totally worth it!

Any word / rumor on the proposed OMA change? Faced off against so many noob tube / OMA / danger close users last night I wanted to pull my hair out. Absolutely terrible on certain maps and gametypes.

ZZMitch

So I decided to buy a head set so I could play games like this without bothering others in my household, so I bought the Turtle Beach x41s... damn.

I have never used surround sound (these have 7.1), and it is crazy.

Hai guise,

I am about to pass 2,500 kills (I think) with the G18 machine pistol for the prestige challenge title. Pretty close to the 250 headshots too.

t6dtva.gif

Enjoy my pancakes of celebration, gentlemen.

-Peace

divisionbyzorro said:
Somehow that's how I always imagined him! :lol :lol

By the way, am I the only guy who get super antsy when the team is a few kills away from victory in TDM? I start doing super stupid stuff, like running headlong into blind corners hoping to get that last kill. It almost never works; I just end up getting killed and some other dude picks off the last kill with an AR in the most boring way.

But every once in a while I roll around the corner and BRRRAAAAP - double kill with G18s :lol Totally worth it!

Me too. :lol

As for the TDM thing, yeah I try throwing crap all over the place and just head charge right down straight aways. :D

I think I posted that I've been playing "spot the MW2 weapons" in movies before... Shooter has basically half the arsenal of MW2 in it, I spotted the ACR in Zombieland and now I (unfortunately) saw GI Joe. Movie was a piece of shit but at least they rocked the F2000 quite often, which was cool. The Baroness had a TMP too - cool to see that it's actually like twice as large as it is in the game. :D

zam said:
that's how aku:jiki sounds when I play with him :lol
Pretty much, yeah. "WHAT THE FUCK, SOMEONE KILLED ME?!" is my #1 thought when playing this game. :lol

-viper-

Banned
mr_boo said:
FAL is still my all time favorite weapon across the board. FAL w Hardline or FAL w Stopping Power Bling'ed with Holo Sight + Silencer are my main FAL kits.

I wish I were proficient with the FAL's iron sights (I'm actually not really good with any AR's iron sights given my AR play style). If I was, I would probably have a 3rd kit centered on DC.

FAL w GL
AA-12 with Extended Mags
Claymores
Scavenger, DC, Ninja

Since I'm more or less reliant on the Holo Sight, it's hard to justify a DC kit without a method to re-fill your explosives (Scavenger or OMA).

What's the kit you're running? I'm guessing it's a DC kit, right? Is Javelin the preferred secondary now for DC-based kits?
Is it me or are the ACR's iron sights really crap? I can't see anything with them.

The FAMAS and TAR have got the best sights so you don't need to attach anything to them.

But I can't use any of the other assault rifles without the Red Dot.

Veritas_

-viper- said:
Is it me or are the ACR's iron sights really crap? I can't see anything with them.

The FAMAS and TAR have got the best sights so you don't need to attach anything to them.

But I can't use any of the other assault rifles without the Red Dot.

The SCAR has lovely iron-sights.

jedimike

ZZMitch said:
So I decided to buy a head set so I could play games like this without bothering others in my household, so I bought the Turtle Beach x41s... damn.

I have never used surround sound (these have 7.1), and it is crazy.

I have the same headset... they're pretty amazing for wireless headphones. I get many kills from simply being able to audibly position players. They will accuse you of cheating, I just politely tell them to start using ninja pro if they don't like it.

BTW - you're only getting 5.1 surround since that was the way the game (all games) are encoded. To break it down even further, you're not even really getting 5.1 since the headset only has two speakers. However, the Turtle Beach amp/decoder does an amazing job of creating a 5.1 environment. I prefer the headset to my actual 5.1 surround system.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
divisionbyzorro said:
!

When I notice my team is very close to winning I usually do the opposite and get way conservative. But to be honest I rarely ever pay attention to the score.

And as I am typing that I get the game winning kill in going 21-3. :lol

_Alkaline_ said:
The SCAR has lovely iron-sights.

Yeah I'm much better with the SCAR's iron-sights than I am with the red dot or holo sight.

ZZMitch

jedimike said:
I have the same headset... they're pretty amazing for wireless headphones. I get many kills from simply being able to audibly position players. They will accuse you of cheating, I just politely tell them to start using ninja pro if they don't like it.

BTW - you're only getting 5.1 surround since that was the way the game (all games) are encoded. To break it down even further, you're not even really getting 5.1 since the headset only has two speakers. However, the Turtle Beach amp/decoder does an amazing job of creating a 5.1 environment. I prefer the headset to my actual 5.1 surround system.
Yeah, whatever, still sounds amazing! :lol

I mean the second I turned on MW2 and heard the intro music... I knew I was in for a treat!

Today is being a really shit day in the game. I've played an hour or two and I cannot get a decent match to save my life... Either I join a Demolition match where absolutely nobody on my team will care about the bomb at all, or I'll join a Domination that's all camping snipers or I'll go into Mosh Pit and face entire teams of OMA-tubers. This game really can suck ass sometimes - I'm gonna go do some dishes instead.

In other news, GUN1T123's turbo nuke and no-killstreak, no-commando, no-tactical knife nuke have been confirmed fake by himself. Hutch made an interview with him about it (which is basically GUN1T123 apologizing and Hutch berating him like a schoolboy :lol).

DeuceMojo said:
Wow, the Prestige Veteran III title for any weapon is best described as lame. Meh.
Haha, hell yeah. They're so fucking boring, it's the biggest anti-climax in the game. The 1000 headshots one is even worse! Takes forever and ever and you only get a 100% identical-to-every-other-title for it.

The handgun emblems are nice, I guess.

WoodWERD

The 1000 headshots one is even worse! Takes forever and ever and you only get a 100% identical-to-every-other-title for it.

That's disappointing...I'm at about 800 headshots with my TAR and was looking forward to something cool.

OK, seeing as I cooled on this game months ago, I'm finding the leveling to be painfully slow.

I've even thought of picking a prestige level and shooting for level 70 and staying there... except that's lame.

So I'm dead set on getting to level 70, 10th prestige. I'm currently level 44, 2nd prestige, or level 184.

Anyone know the best way to go from 184 to 770? Without boosting? Or Search and Destroy?

DeuceMojo said:
OK, seeing as I cooled on this game months ago, I'm finding the leveling to be painfully slow.

I've even thought of picking a prestige level and shooting for level 70 and staying there... except that's lame.

So I'm dead set on getting to level 70, 10th prestige. I'm currently level 44, 2nd prestige, or level 184.

Anyone know the best way to go from 184 to 770? Without boosting? Or Search and Destroy?

Its not a job! If grinding is boring its probably best to max out at the prestige your on now and destroy people with your superior firepower :lol

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I was hoping to start a new prestige at the beginning of the map pack double XP period but it looks like I'll be around 50 when it starts.

Mileena

Banned
Prestiging sucks. I just hit 7th the other day and with no cold blooded and no ninja pro I can't play hardcore SD. I'm stuck playing demo which is just basically what team can camp the other's spawn better.

corkscrewblow said:
Prestiging sucks. I just hit 7th the other day and with no cold blooded and no ninja pro I can't play hardcore SD. I'm stuck playing demo which is just basically what team can camp the other's spawn better.
Demo is kinda sucky. I've had some hilarious games with kill counts above 50 (demo becomes waves of human carnage on maps like Skidrow), but for the most part it pisses me off.

However, Activision coats each COD game box in an addictive chemical which compels me to click "proceed" whenever I'm pondering prestiging again.

Is it too soon to say bring in some more maps? Probably. Whose bright idea was it to include Overgrown? And Crash for that matter. Hmmm.

Finally got Spectre IV; I'm never running with that piece of shit AC130 ever again. Stupidly I set myself these in-game goals and I can't deviate from them.

BTW you guys should check Elpresador's terminal video, he is even more hyper in that.

DuckRacer

corkscrewblow said:
7th prestige on PS3?! Holy shit dude

corkscrewblow said:

Headquarters is the worst offender. It reminds me of playing Goldeneye on the N64 with friends who had memorized all the spawn points and would just chase you around the map killing you over and over and over again.

jedimike

Tiger uppercut said:
taking the easy way out here.. would anybody care to help me boost for cold blooded pro?

I really don't understand how or why you would boost cold blooded... I mean, boosting would only be marginally faster than just oh you know... playing the game.

Play some FFA, there's plenty of aircraft coming in for you to shoot down.

zam

jedimike said:
I really don't understand how or why you would boost cold blooded... I mean, boosting would only be marginally faster than just oh you know... playing the game.

Play some FFA, there's plenty of aircraft coming in for you to shoot down.
Or shoot down a helicopter (any kind) with anything, and as it is spinning out going down, whip out a gun and keep shooting it (lmg is great for this). Each bullet hit as it is spinning out will count as 1 for your cold-blooded.

divisionbyzorro said:
Headquarters is the worst offender. It reminds me of playing Goldeneye on the N64 with friends who had memorized all the spawn points and would just chase you around the map killing you over and over and over again.
Actually I like gametypes like Demo, Domination, HQ, Sabotage, CTF etc because of the spawn system. In TDM the enemies will be spawning in one spot, I head in to kill them and BAM! they switch spawn and 5 enemies spawn behind you. FFA is the worst for this shit. I kill a dude and 2 seconds later he spawns literally right behind me and shoots me in the back. Revenge-spawns in FFA and the constant spawn moving in TDM is so fucking annoying.

Top Bottom