• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

zero margin said:
eh? That shit was like bi-weekly in MW.
I didn't play COD4 as religiously as I have this game, but I remember there being one for that map pack and that's it. I'm sure there were one or two more, but IW have always made it a big thing.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
I've played with johnFkennedy/SEbattleship and his gang before, was a lot of fun, invite me again of you see me and I'll join if I'm not in my own party!

GT is kaizoku7 for anyone who wants an add, I'm in Europe tho

Teknoman

Yeah i'm getting the hang of team play. Objective matches are still my favorite though (FPS and TPS). Team Deathmatch and free for all arent focused enough for me...so I get ripped up from all sides (in CoD anyway).

JFK feel free to invite me any time (TeknomanEX, should still be on your list).

Foliorum Viridum said:
I didn't play COD4 as religiously as I have this game, but I remember there being one for that map pack and that's it. I'm sure there were one or two more, but IW have always made it a big thing.

It was more toward the end of it's "life" to be fair. Won't lie double XP makes me want to play a lot more than what is healthy. :lol

Nizz

aku:jiki said:
So here's one of the things I wanted to post yesterday: UrBrownEyed-Girl is still posting vids, and now she's getting serious and bought a HDPVR. So that should mean lots of vids by her in the future! In this one, she says Favela as charmingly as she says Pavelow... If she keeps that up I'm gonna develop an internet crush! :lol

Favela Domination Commentary/
That girl's pretty nice. I copied one of her classes once: UMP45, throwing knife, Scavenger, Stopping Power, Ninja. Nice that you automatically get a new knife instead of having to pick it up.

Pretty noob question, I used to use C4 often in COD4 but rarely use it in MW2. Is there still a shortcut for setting it off? I know it was hit the square button (PS3) before. Is it still the same? I'd like to start using it again.

Dresden

purple cobra said:
That girl's pretty nice. I copied one of her classes once: UMP45, throwing knife, Scavenger, Stopping Power, Ninja. Nice that you automatically get a new knife instead of having to pick it up.

Pretty noob question, I used to use C4 often in COD4 but rarely use it in MW2. Is there still a shortcut for setting it off? I know it was hit the square button (PS3) before. Is it still the same? I'd like to start using it again.
Just double tap reload, like usual.

kaizoku said:
I've played with johnFkennedy/SEbattleship and his gang before, was a lot of fun, invite me again of you see me and I'll join if I'm not in my own party!

GT is kaizoku7 for anyone who wants an add, I'm in Europe tho

You're in Europe? That's crazy! How was your connection when you played with us? The guys we were playing with were from different parts of the states and Canada. I don't remember you lagging at all.

Teknoman said:
Yeah i'm getting the hang of team play. Objective matches are still my favorite though (FPS and TPS). Team Deathmatch and free for all arent focused enough for me...so I get ripped up from all sides (in CoD anyway).

JFK feel free to invite me any time (TeknomanEX, should still be on your list).

Next time I'm online and we start getting a party together I will shoot you an invite good sir. I need to start Spec Ops too if you're interested.

divisionbyzorro said:
The only times I ever really notice lag issues (assuming I have 4 bars, which is most of the time) is in a shotgun vs shotgun battle. I suppose I'm blessed with a good ISP? I also skip most killcams :lol

I've said it before: I don't think the netcode in this game is any worse than any other shooter. But since they let you see the killcam, they give you absolute proof of when lag killed you versus skill. I guarantee you I've had tons of deaths in BF1943 that were due totally to lag. But they don't let me see it, so...

And I'm getting more and more pissed at ISPs throttling their customer's bandwidth as soon as their uploads spike. That's why you see so many host migrations - someone's connection looks superb until they start hosting the game and their ISP starts throttling them. Ugh. The world's network infrastructure still leaves a lot to be desired.

Yeah having the killcam is a bit of a double edged sword for IW. It's a killer feature and I definitely miss it in other online shooters,but it definitely makes their netcode and hit detection seem really janky,especially when it's shown in slow-mo.

Sorry for the triple post spam everyone! I'm done now.

ZZMitch

Hey GAF, should I prestige?

I want too... but I kind of like the AK-47 (but I think the TAR is superior)...

I also am kind of dreading being without some stuff I use a lot for a while (lightweight pro, ninja pro etc...)

quadrax1s

Neo Member
For me, it's more fun prestiging. I just like to see my XP points go towards something. To be honest, when I see a level 70 who hasn't prestiged I don't take him as seriously as someone who did.

ZZMitch said:
Hey GAF, should I prestige?

I want too... but I kind of like the AK-47 (but I think the TAR is superior)...

I also am kind of dreading being without some stuff I use a lot for a while (lightweight pro, ninja pro etc...)

I prestiged once and am sort of regretting it. I'm not a super heavy player though so it's taken me a couple months to get back up into the low 60s. It's not too terrible, but the last 15 levels or so are a real grind. I will say I think I've probably grown to appreciate the little idiosyncrasies of the different weapons and perks now that I've prestiged.

If you're someone who lives and breaths MW2 it's probably not nearly as big of a deal to go through a prestige in a couple weeks. As for me that was definitely going to be my last prestige. I like unlocking attachments and that looks like it will hold me over for a long time. I really wish I had more custom slots though.

Dresden

I prestiged twice before stopping... I just focus on unlocking camo, titles, and emblems now. Anything in between first and tenth prestige is pretty much indistinguishable, anyways.

I'm stopping at prestige 8. It seems like a lot of hackers do 9 or 10 anyway, and I'm sick of doing it. Just gonna level my weapons/do challenges when I hit 8 and have fun. :p I got like 5 more levels until I hit prestige 8.

Ballistik

DarknessTear said:
I'm stopping at prestige 8. It seems like a lot of hackers do 9 or 10 anyway, and I'm sick of doing it. Just gonna level my weapons/do challenges when I hit 8 and have fun. :p I got like 5 more levels until I hit prestige 8.
I wanted to stop too, but yeah.. it got really boring not ranking up and unlocking new crap every game.

Le-mo

Um..Modern Warfare 2 coming to the Wii?

NewGamestop_main_hdr.jpg

Sealda

Banned
So i saw a competition match with Optics from Hutchs video. What the hell, these guys are not doing anything special. They seem to just run around kill people randomly just like one imagined. I hereby declare that beside where you hide and how you run in the start of a SND match there is no real big team tactics going on in MW2. Can anyone actually give me evidence that there are people who plan exactly where to position themselves etc. and actually does it!

I always dreamed of sitting 5 guys in a room with a big poster of the maps on the wall, where i point and draws where everyone should position themselves etc. Set up plans for if we loose a objective etc. The problem is that with MW2 even for the most skilled team players it can take like 1 minute and all of sudden no tactic works.

FFA boosters are irritating little pricks. They don't rage quit anymore once you kill them and can't achieve the nuke, they just carry on in different places for reasons I can't fathom. Headshots? you're kidding me? killing them is fun but when it's 3 games in 5 it becomes tiresome, as soon as you see 2/3 people join the lobby at the same time you know 100% they're going to boost. IW should take tac insertion out of FFA, no question.

Of the Frag Cup matches extortion vs intellect is quite funny, particularly the amount of bitching the losing team does.

aku:jiki

celestial body said:
Headshots? you're kidding me?
Yup, that's what they're doing... I have no idea why either. I guess they want to get Fall for their favorite weapon - the kids seem to think people actually give a shit what camo your gun has.

As an aside, me and z4m tried to boost the other day. I wanted to finish those challenges for emptying clips into enemies without missing. I've tried to do it legit over and over again, but you always just get 3/4 through a clip and then you run into that guy that just swallows bullets and you have to start all over again. Anyway, that shit was hard! Every time we got into position, three guys showed up and blew us up. It's like they had anti-boosting radar or some shit. It didn't matter where we went or what match we joined, they found us immediately! :lol

celestial body said:
Of the Frag Cup matches extortion vs intellect is quite funny, particularly the amount of bitching the losing team does.
Got a link?

switch-it

Banned
Yup, that's what they're doing... I have no idea why either. I guess they want to get Fall for their favorite weapon - the kids seem to think people actually give a shit what camo your gun has.

I really don't know why people want to use that camo. It looks like puke. I always go for Blue Tiger or Urban.

ZZMitch

But those look even worse! :lol

I go for None usually, otherwise I use Arctic. Makes most guns look a little like the guns in District 9. :D

I usually go for the highest I can get before I prestige.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I usually stick with the default weapon skins as they look pretty fucking fantastic (finger print on the Scar-H <3). I do like digital camo on some weapons though.

Nizz

Dresden said:
I prestiged twice before stopping... I just focus on unlocking camo, titles, and emblems now. Anything in between first and tenth prestige is pretty much indistinguishable, anyways.
I'm at the same spot, second prestige. You don't realize how much you miss the Stinger/Cold Blooded till you're in a match and nobody's trying to take out air support. Two guns I've been working on getting everything for are the M4 and Barret.

I've got all the attachments for the Barret, I just need to complete the headshots and get Fall camo (I'm up to blue tiger on it) and the necessary kills to complete challenges. With the M4, I'm up to red tiger camo, and I need five more penetration kills to get extended mags.

Really doubt I'll prestige again...

jedimike

Patrick Bateman said:
Prestiged again and noticed again that from levels 1-29 you are pretty much fucked. Nobody nowadays carries a Stinger with him..

...and no cold-blooded either.

My level of comfort is 31. I got to have my claymores.

Ovid

I really cannot stand the new maps. I can't remember the last time I played Highrise. It's been over a week. Everytime I go into a lobby the new maps are always in rotation.

zam

Finally got my first nuke today! :D Not that I never got it before cause I'm a bad player, its just that I never have the nuke activated. Was playing defense on Demolition on Karachi and was defending A, was staying round the stairs by the big monolith-thingy. Each time I killed an enemy I moved to a different spot, and when they came again they would go to the spot I was in previously. Got the harrier but it didn't get any kills, was down to half a mag on my M4 and I get the Chopper Gunner. They kept spawning in my sights so I managed to rack up tons of kills with it.

Been a long time coming but felt great to finally have gotten a nuke :D

Dresden

purple cobra said:
I'm at the same spot, second prestige. You don't realize how much you miss the Stinger/Cold Blooded till you're in a match and nobody's trying to take out air support. Two guns I've been working on getting everything for are the M4 and Barret.

I've got all the attachments for the Barret, I just need to complete the headshots and get Fall camo (I'm up to blue tiger on it) and the necessary kills to complete challenges. With the M4, I'm up to red tiger camo, and I need five more penetration kills to get extended mags.

Really doubt I'll prestige again...
Me neither. If I played several hours a day, maybe I will prestige again, but I play like five, six matches then go do something else.

I prefer Red Tiger on most guns, though. I wish they had golden camo again. Fall looks like vomit, except on the UMP, because you can barely see the damn paint on it in the first place.

tarius1210 said:
I really cannot stand the new maps. I can't remember the last time I played Highrise. It's been over a week. Everytime I go into a lobby the new maps are always in rotation.

been a ton of salvage for me the past week. That was my least favorite of the three new ones as it is much less having to see it the most. At least TDM games go fast on it.

jedimike said:
...and no cold-blooded either.

My level of comfort is 31. I got to have my claymores.

Yep, that.

It was fun yesterday, got from level 6 or 8 up to level 26. :lol

I don't know when it exactly was, but when I played with a bunch of prestiged 60s and 70s guys I had a pretty good run on Estate and called in a Chopper Gunner at level 18. :lol

Insaniac

Finally hit 3rd prestige, and I've got the m4, FAMAS, ACR, SCAR, TAR, SPAS and UMP all ready for the prestige challenges :lol

Also, 300 kills away from 2,500 for the SPAS <3

Ballistik

I just finished one of my best Modern Warfare 2 sessions ever. No nukes because I didn't equip it, but I was getting no lower than 60-80 kills per Ground War match. :D my goal of the night was to reach 100 kills in a single match, but I only got to 98. I was using my silenced P90 with marathon, stopping power and commando.
15g2q1k.jpg

I think that the biggest problem nowadays is not noobtubing or even commando, it's how overpowered Intervention is. they should fix the no scoping/quick scoping thing already.

Frillen

Ballistik said:
I just finished one of my best Modern Warfare 2 sessions ever. No nukes because I didn't equip it, but I was getting no lower than 60-80 kills per Ground War match. :D my goal of the night was to reach 100 kills in a single match, but I only got to 98. I was using my silenced P90 with marathon, stopping power and commando.
15g2q1k.jpg

How the hell do you go 3-40 unless you're retarded!?

PetriP-TNT said:
I think that the biggest problem nowadays is not noobtubing or even commando, it's how overpowered Intervention is. they should fix the no scoping/quick scoping thing already.

Pfft, it's a powerful gun but only in the hands on those who can actually aim. The bolt-action balances it up fine I reckon. Now, if it was semi-auto, then you'd have a fair case.

My actual main issue with the game is last stand. The amount of times I own someone, only for them to go to last-stand and kill me is disturbing. Particularly on hardcore with the one-shot kills, if someone is facing me and i gun them down into last-stand, i'll almost always lose out because of the transition to last stand not registering any bullets. It's the invincibility in the transition that really pisses me off.

aku:jiki

_Alkaline_ said:
My actual main issue with the game is last stand. The amount of times I own someone, only for them to go to last-stand and kill me is disturbing. Particularly on hardcore with the one-shot kills, if someone is facing me and i gun them down into last-stand, i'll almost always lose out because of the transition to last stand not registering any bullets. It's the invincibility in the transition that really pisses me off.
Agreed and I hear ya, but the invincibility has to be there for Last Stand to even work at all. The only way to fix it, really, is to remove it completely...and we all know that ain't happening. My biggest peeve with Last Stand has to be that it still lets them keep planting/defusing. That's some bullshit - I got him right at the last second and should've saved our plant but noooo! :mad:

I've been getting annoyed by painkiller myself lately. I've posted it over and over, but god damn it, it's just nowhere near cool that a guy shows up in the objective with painkiller on. I just can't figure out how IW could think that would be fun for anyone.

Ballistik

3-40!! Wow hahaha I didn't even see that, no I don't boost. Know what else I don't do? I don't use the noobtube, nor I use commando, I only said I had it as a perk because I accidentally picked it, and then kept forgetting to change it to steady aim after each game haha. I can admit I was host, and they were low levels. Here's another game from a couple of days ago where I got the nuke in like the first five minutes of the game. Yes, also low levels obviously. I came out of my chopper gunner 39-0..
Now I'm guessing I'm going to be accused of boosting again because I didn't show the whole scoreboard.

Ballistik said:
3-40!! Wow hahaha I didn't even see that, no I don't boost. Know what else I don't do? I don't use the noobtube, nor I use commando, I only said I had it as a perk because I accidentally picked it, and then kept forgetting to change it to steady aim after each game haha. I can admit I was host, and they were low levels. Here's another game from a couple of days ago where I got the nuke in like the first five minutes of the game. Yes, also low levels obviously. I came out of my chopper gunner 39-0..
Now I'm guessing I'm going to be accused of boosting again because I didn't show the whole scoreboard.

No, I wasn't accusing you of boosting. One of your teammates could have been involved in boosting with the guy who went 3-40. That's all I'm saying.

Top Bottom